Sports Interactive Community
Tryllefot

Players learning new traits all of a sudden

Can someone tell me why my players suddenly develop traits without me asking for it? Assman is running team training, but I'm running individual training myself.

Suddenly Declan Rice has "learned" to avoide using weaker foot, although that foot is fairly strong.

Angel Gomes, now apparently, want's the ball playd to his feet althoug he possesses technique and pace in abundance.

Is there anything in team training that can lead to this, or does it come from the social group they're in?

Could it be that they were already training these before you arrived in the team?

1 minute ago, Jimmious7 said:

Could it be that they were already training these before you arrived in the team?

No, I've had them several seasons in the team, not training other than their position and additional focus. The traits have come out of the blue as far as I can tell.

Are they in mentoring groups with other players? They can pick up new traits by learning from other players in their mentoring groups.

2 minutes ago, rockpie said:

Are they in mentoring groups with other players? They can pick up new traits by learning from other players in their mentoring groups.

Nope, I'm aware of that, so that's not it. I'm wondering if it can be a result of my assistant running the team training, but I thought that just affected general skills, not traits.

2 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

Can someone tell me why my players suddenly develop traits without me asking for it? Assman is running team training, but I'm running individual training myself.

Suddenly Declan Rice has "learned" to avoide using weaker foot, although that foot is fairly strong.

Angel Gomes, now apparently, want's the ball playd to his feet althoug he possesses technique and pace in abundance.

Is there anything in team training that can lead to this, or does it come from the social group they're in?

Its not just me thats noticed this then, Kimpembe suddenly learned "Brings the ball out of defence"  I control all aspects of training and its something I would never train a CB to do.

On 04/02/2020 at 16:22, Experienced Defender said:

Sounds like a bug to me.

Ok, can this be moved to the right section of the forum? I'm not "fluent" in forum use....

Edited by Tryllefot

26 minutes ago, Tryllefot said:

Ok, I'm can this be moved to the right section of the forum? I'm not "fluent" in forum use....

Done.

I have this to. Comes up saying something like: “*player* due to being in the *something* mentoring group has gained the following trait”.

I don’t use the mentoring system so I haven’t set this up.

Tbf it doesn’t usually bother me. Most of the time I’m fairly happy with the choices being made. If it’s not a trait I’d accept I just get the player to unlearn it. No drama.

I actually see it as an organic bonus.

5 hours ago, sidslayer said:

I have this to. Comes up saying something like: “*player* due to being in the *something* mentoring group has gained the following trait”.

I don’t use the mentoring system so I haven’t set this up.

Tbf it doesn’t usually bother me. Most of the time I’m fairly happy with the choices being made. If it’s not a trait I’d accept I just get the player to unlearn it. No drama.

I actually see it as an organic bonus.

In the cases where it works out for the better it's fantastic, but otherwise it's very annoying.

A player who is nearly as adapt with one foot as the other getting the trait "avoids using weaker foot" is not good, no matter what position. (Just an example)

On 04/02/2020 at 12:32, Tryllefot said:

I have had young players that I've brought into the first team (unit training) get traits. It's a possibility. 

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 12:32, Tryllefot said:

It is still possible for players to pick up traits when they are not in a mentoring group. Working with influential players in the squad in just regular training can lead to a potential for them to pick up new traits (with a lower chance of this happening though). 

On 21/02/2020 at 14:52, Christopher Lewis said:

It is still possible for players to pick up traits when they are not in a mentoring group. Working with influential players in the squad in just regular training can lead to a potential for them to pick up new traits (with a lower chance of this happening though). 

ok, thanks for the reply. 

Related question, does learning traits affect current/potential ability?

On 26/02/2020 at 09:57, Tryllefot said:

Related question, does learning traits affect current/potential ability?

No, these are separate from ability ratings. 

I've had this happen too, they learn from other players, I disbanded my mentoring groups for this reason but I'm assuming if you don't have mentoring active they just must pick up traits from other players regardless