Sports Interactive Community
Hazpro

2.20.0 update hasn't worked well for me since this update crashed my pc

2.20.0 update hasn't worked well for me since this update  crashed my pc. I was playing FM20 pre release without any issues with my card or drivers 100% optimised through nvidia geoforce experience,then came the update three weeks numerous hours on sigames trying to find a fix this hasn't really happened.

the guys at sigames did try to fix it but it got a bit silly when asking me to create a separate steam account. 

This after un/re- installing FM20 lots of times, complete wipe and install windows 10 and all other fixes. "NOTHING WORKS"

Why don't you go back and find out how you messed this up because nobody had problems til this update.

Please try the game under a different user account to rule out a possible software/application conflict.

To create a new account with administrator rights:

Windows 10
1. Click on Start Menu,
2. Click on Settings,
3. Click on Accounts,
4. Select Family & other users,
5. Select Add someone else to this PC,
6. Ignore the prompt to provide an email or phone number. Instead click on the link at the bottom that reads The person I want to add doesn’t have an email address,
7. Ignore the information here prompting you to setup a new email address through @outlook.com and click on the link at the bottom Add a user without a Microsoft account.

Note: These instructions are for PCs not hooked up to a domain

If this works, you will have narrowed it down to a software conflict in your other account and can proceed to eliminate variables.

If the same issue is still occurring please send us a msinfo32 file from the newly created Windows Admin Account.

How to get msinfo32 file:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1376-WTZN-9132

Best Regards,

Hi, what is the issue that you are having with FM20? Does the game crashes when you launch it? What do you mean why crashing your PC?

Do you see any warning message appeared when the game crashes? If so can you upload the crash dump file so we can check the issue for you, please? The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\crash dumps

Do let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Jimmy 

Wake up  and smell the coffee 

It was you that gave me this advice,you couldn't fix it before what then has changed.

as explained above it stopped working after first update an hasn't worked since unless at very low config and still it crashes,is my sending you more crash dumps and dxdiag going to solve the problem.if the game ran perfectly well with full graphics before the update then the problem must lie there surely.

@Hazpro

It is appreciated that you are frustrated, but please show some respect to the SI staff who are trying to help you with your issue.  The help that you have had appears to have come from the SEGA as there are outstanding questions from the SI staff on the posts here that you have raised.

As requested please attach the crash dump file as that will give some insight as to what is causing the problem.  Please also attach a dxdiag report

there's a few more but I deleted loads

Does this issue still occur after updating to 20.2.4, which we just released?