Under 23s League

Hi,

I've just completed my first season as Charlton Athletic manager. The seaon went great but my issue is regarding my under 23s side. They managed to win the U23 Division 3 by winning the playoff final (Top 4 teams in North & South league go into a playoff). But the next season I got an invitation to once again play in the U23 Division 3. My obvious question then is why I didn't get an invitation to play in the U23 Division 2 league? Because what is the point of winning any U23 league if you don't benifit from it?

This is the first time my U23 team has won anything so I was just curious?

Thank you in advance for the replies

15 minutes ago, CoolHandClarke said:

Hi,

I've just completed my first season as Charlton Athletic manager. The seaon went great but my issue is regarding my under 23s side. They managed to win the U23 Division 3 by winning the playoff final (Top 4 teams in North & South league go into a playoff). But the next season I got an invitation to once again play in the U23 Division 3. My obvious question then is why I didn't get an invitation to play in the U23 Division 2 league? Because what is the point of winning any U23 league if you don't benifit from it?

This is the first time my U23 team has won anything so I was just curious?

Thank you in advance for the replies

I don't think there is a tangible benefit to winning the U23 league, it's just a 'nice to have'. The way you get promoted in the English U23 division league is by improving your Youth Category, which is based on several criteria, most importantly your Youth Facilities. You can request the board to improve the Youth Level and your youth setup will be graded by the FA at the end of each season.