Sports Interactive Community
Uncle_Sam

[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

46 minutes ago, ctaylor2097 said:

new here. if you start this save with a team like charlotte, do you just automatically get placed in MLS once 2021 hits?

Any team who joins MLS in 2020 or 2021 joins MLS in those seasons

Sorry to drop it here - but cannot find another place to post it.

How can I convert a Designated Player's contract to a Senior contract? I understand you should be able to do this to free up a DP spot but cannot find where to do this in FM20?

On 06/05/2020 at 11:53, Unknown Hacker said:

Would it be possible to add all the different conference tournaments to a table using the 'Extra League Games' setting or does that not work?

Also, slightly random question but what does the hidden stage 2 ('wilc') do in the MLS rules? I assume it's something to do with wildcard games and is thus redundant but I was wondering if you could enlighten me. Cheers.

I imagine it could be done the same way MLS sends results to rivalry cups, surely? You can send results from an entire stage (and others) to a "rivalry cup"-like tournament, using "registered teams" to identify who you want to appear in the separate stage

On 08/05/2020 at 13:09, ctaylor2097 said:

new here. if you start this save with a team like charlotte, do you just automatically get placed in MLS once 2021 hits?

Sorry in the delay in responding, but yes. You will play 2019 and 2020 in the USL Championship. There should then be an expansion draft you will be involved in (though apparently this doesn't always happen for some reason) and when 2020 rolls over into 2021 you will automatically be in MLS.

On 10/05/2020 at 14:07, themodelcitizen said:

I imagine it could be done the same way MLS sends results to rivalry cups, surely? You can send results from an entire stage (and others) to a "rivalry cup"-like tournament, using "registered teams" to identify who you want to appear in the separate stage

We have tried just about every conceivable iteration. For some bizarre reason, it verifies for the 2019 season but not 2020. The issue is it doesn't want to process the regular season conference results into a table with all the rest. I even tried having the conference matches generated by the NCAA D1 Soccer competition and then processed into the conference tables. It still hits a wall in 2020.

Posted (edited)

Update: Version 3.3. added

USA Expansion DB 3.3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/evv6nena5wrp6lz/001_USA_Expansion_3.3.fmf/file

USA Expansion Graphics 3.3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qihnh0e0vninv6t/USA_Expansion_3.3.rar/file

Change List:

*Graphics - this is mostly a graphics update. All kit colors updated in the file, and updated all 2D and 3D kits for the 2020 season for USL Championship, USL League One, and the NISA where images were available.

*Schedules - Did some work on schedules for the USL Championship and USL League One to try and avoid late season fixture congestion. Can't promise there won't be any issues, but it seems to have helped in testing.

6800073h.png20016195h.png20032876t.png20046408h.png20046411h.png20046412h.png20047501h.png20047506h.png2313h.png2272h.png20047510h.png20047511a.png20047512t.png20029590h.png20029882h.thumb.png.4155d00fece6bc4181c1e7089e9cc15e.png20049732h.png20049733h.png20049734h.png20049736h.png

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Uncle Sam question... I know the Canadian teams in MLS get a pass on the amount of Canadians that they can have on their team due to academy and such I was just wondering does the americans not get that same pass... Just because I was going to play as a expansion team but wanted some Canadians on my team but didnt know if it counts as foreign players or not

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam question... I know the Canadian teams in MLS get a pass on the amount of Canadians that they can have on their team due to academy and such I was just wondering does the americans not get that same pass... Just because I was going to play as a expansion team but wanted some Canadians on my team but didnt know if it counts as foreign players or not

No, Canadian players are still counted as foreign for US teams.

48 minutes ago, DividedPeach900 said:

Is there any way to download these files into the xbox game pass version of football manager 2020?

maybe if you used a USB drive

23 minutes ago, DividedPeach900 said:

Is there any way to download these files into the xbox game pass version of football manager 2020?

I apologize but I have no idea about that. I don't play the XBox version so I can't answer.

4 hours ago, DividedPeach900 said:

Yes, just put everything in Documents/Sports Interactive/Gamepass. The install process is the same for gamepass version, just make sure it's updated so fmf files load properly

@Uncle_Sam, Quick question. is the fmf file that starts 001 supposed to replace the one that starts 004? I've just downloaded the latest file a few posts above and it reads 001_USA Expansion. In my Editor Data folder, I also have 004_USA Expansion. Do they run alongside each other or do I delete 004?

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

@Uncle_Sam, Quick question. is the fmf file that starts 001 supposed to replace the one that starts 004? I've just downloaded the latest file a few posts above and it reads 001_USA Expansion. In my Editor Data folder, I also have 004_USA Expansion. Do they run alongside each other or do I delete 004?

I apologize, yes, the 001 should replace the 004. I changed the naming format a couple of version releases ago.

2 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I apologize, yes, the 001 should replace the 004. I changed the naming format a couple of version releases ago.

Cheers, I missed the last couple. 

Posted (edited)

Miami FC appear as a NISA club (in team info and clubs list screens) even after they join USL, and their reputation also seem to suffer slightly because of this (in my test they stayed at 1.5 stars of reputation after a few years, compared to 2 stars of other USL clubs). A very minor and likely just cosmetic issue, but still :D

Edited by kandersson

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Miami FC appear as a NISA club (in team info and clubs list screens) even after they join USL, and their reputation also seem to suffer slightly because of this (in my test they stayed at 1.5 stars of reputation after a few years, compared to 2 stars of other USL clubs). A very minor and likely just cosmetic issue, but still :D

Apologies. I will mess around with that, but if I recall correctly the only way the Editor would let me verify is if I had Miami FC in the NISA.

3 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Apologies. I will mess around with that, but if I recall correctly the only way the Editor would let me verify is if I had Miami FC in the NISA.

No problem. It really is a very minor issue, and virtually any other detail of this file is close to perfection :D.

On 21/05/2020 at 11:25, kandersson said:

MLS announced new Elite Youth Development platform, big news for FM 21 USA expansion :D https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/05/13/mls-elite-youth-development-platform

I did see that, but they are yet to release anything about a format unfortunately. My guess is it will be similar to the USSDA format but I know the MLS clubs felt like their academies had outgrown that competition and it was actually holding back player development. Here is my guess based on my reading the tea leaves:

Regional divisions will be set up for the younger academy teams (U16ish and below)

At the oldest levels, they will divide the teams into divisions based on quality, with MLS academies making up an Elite division.

On 15/05/2020 at 00:10, kandersson said:

No problem. It really is a very minor issue, and virtually any other detail of this file is close to perfection :D.

I tried a few things but unfortunately was not able to get the NISA to verify unless I set it as Miami FC's division.

45 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I tried a few things but unfortunately was not able to get the NISA to verify unless I set it as Miami FC's division.

No worries, it's a VERY minor thing. The depth, accuracy and attention to detail of your expansion are unbelievable. This file is actually the main reason I'm still playing FM 20 atm :D.

Update: Version 3.4

Change List:

-Chicago Sting FC removed (USL has finally admitted that is apparently dead)

-Worked with the USL Championship and USL League One schedules again

-Cleaned up a bizarre minor issue with the DB file 

Notes: With the USL schedules, I think the issue was that the USA Nation rules has a league break for big friendlies from July 15 to Aug 30 for MLS, but for whatever reason it was applying to the USL and USL1 also. MLS avoids having NO games during that time by having a list of midweek dates that are always used during that period so I mimicked that a little bit for the USLs. TL;DR version - I think I fixed it.

The bizarre minor issue was that I had duplicated all of the competition rules. Didn't seem to affect anything, but it should at least run smoother now.

Hi, Am really loving the expansion you have made. I have been playing as Nashville and the MLS 2020 Superdraft was due to take place on 16th Jan, I have now gotten to the 18th and no draft has taken place and no draft is in the calendar. Am I being stupid and it will come at a later date or is this a bug?