[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

46 minutes ago, ctaylor2097 said:

new here. if you start this save with a team like charlotte, do you just automatically get placed in MLS once 2021 hits?

Any team who joins MLS in 2020 or 2021 joins MLS in those seasons

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to drop it here - but cannot find another place to post it.

How can I convert a Designated Player's contract to a Senior contract? I understand you should be able to do this to free up a DP spot but cannot find where to do this in FM20?

On 06/05/2020 at 11:53, Unknown Hacker said:

Would it be possible to add all the different conference tournaments to a table using the 'Extra League Games' setting or does that not work?

Also, slightly random question but what does the hidden stage 2 ('wilc') do in the MLS rules? I assume it's something to do with wildcard games and is thus redundant but I was wondering if you could enlighten me. Cheers.

I imagine it could be done the same way MLS sends results to rivalry cups, surely? You can send results from an entire stage (and others) to a "rivalry cup"-like tournament, using "registered teams" to identify who you want to appear in the separate stage

On 08/05/2020 at 13:09, ctaylor2097 said:

new here. if you start this save with a team like charlotte, do you just automatically get placed in MLS once 2021 hits?

Sorry in the delay in responding, but yes. You will play 2019 and 2020 in the USL Championship. There should then be an expansion draft you will be involved in (though apparently this doesn't always happen for some reason) and when 2020 rolls over into 2021 you will automatically be in MLS.

On 10/05/2020 at 14:07, themodelcitizen said:

I imagine it could be done the same way MLS sends results to rivalry cups, surely? You can send results from an entire stage (and others) to a "rivalry cup"-like tournament, using "registered teams" to identify who you want to appear in the separate stage

We have tried just about every conceivable iteration. For some bizarre reason, it verifies for the 2019 season but not 2020. The issue is it doesn't want to process the regular season conference results into a table with all the rest. I even tried having the conference matches generated by the NCAA D1 Soccer competition and then processed into the conference tables. It still hits a wall in 2020.

Update: Version 3.3. added

USA Expansion DB 3.3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/evv6nena5wrp6lz/001_USA_Expansion_3.3.fmf/file

USA Expansion Graphics 3.3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qihnh0e0vninv6t/USA_Expansion_3.3.rar/file

Change List:

*Graphics - this is mostly a graphics update. All kit colors updated in the file, and updated all 2D and 3D kits for the 2020 season for USL Championship, USL League One, and the NISA where images were available.

*Schedules - Did some work on schedules for the USL Championship and USL League One to try and avoid late season fixture congestion. Can't promise there won't be any issues, but it seems to have helped in testing.

6800073h.png20016195h.png20032876t.png20046408h.png20046411h.png20046412h.png20047501h.png20047506h.png2313h.png2272h.png20047510h.png20047511a.png20047512t.png20029590h.png20029882h.thumb.png.4155d00fece6bc4181c1e7089e9cc15e.png20049732h.png20049733h.png20049734h.png20049736h.png

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Uncle Sam question... I know the Canadian teams in MLS get a pass on the amount of Canadians that they can have on their team due to academy and such I was just wondering does the americans not get that same pass... Just because I was going to play as a expansion team but wanted some Canadians on my team but didnt know if it counts as foreign players or not

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam question... I know the Canadian teams in MLS get a pass on the amount of Canadians that they can have on their team due to academy and such I was just wondering does the americans not get that same pass... Just because I was going to play as a expansion team but wanted some Canadians on my team but didnt know if it counts as foreign players or not

No, Canadian players are still counted as foreign for US teams.

23 minutes ago, DividedPeach900 said:

Is there any way to download these files into the xbox game pass version of football manager 2020?

I apologize but I have no idea about that. I don't play the XBox version so I can't answer.

4 hours ago, DividedPeach900 said:

Is there any way to download these files into the xbox game pass version of football manager 2020?

Yes, just put everything in Documents/Sports Interactive/Gamepass. The install process is the same for gamepass version, just make sure it's updated so fmf files load properly

@Uncle_Sam, Quick question. is the fmf file that starts 001 supposed to replace the one that starts 004? I've just downloaded the latest file a few posts above and it reads 001_USA Expansion. In my Editor Data folder, I also have 004_USA Expansion. Do they run alongside each other or do I delete 004?

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

@Uncle_Sam, Quick question. is the fmf file that starts 001 supposed to replace the one that starts 004? I've just downloaded the latest file a few posts above and it reads 001_USA Expansion. In my Editor Data folder, I also have 004_USA Expansion. Do they run alongside each other or do I delete 004?

I apologize, yes, the 001 should replace the 004. I changed the naming format a couple of version releases ago.

Miami FC appear as a NISA club (in team info and clubs list screens) even after they join USL, and their reputation also seem to suffer slightly because of this (in my test they stayed at 1.5 stars of reputation after a few years, compared to 2 stars of other USL clubs). A very minor and likely just cosmetic issue, but still :D

Edited by kandersson

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Miami FC appear as a NISA club (in team info and clubs list screens) even after they join USL, and their reputation also seem to suffer slightly because of this (in my test they stayed at 1.5 stars of reputation after a few years, compared to 2 stars of other USL clubs). A very minor and likely just cosmetic issue, but still :D

Apologies. I will mess around with that, but if I recall correctly the only way the Editor would let me verify is if I had Miami FC in the NISA.

3 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Apologies. I will mess around with that, but if I recall correctly the only way the Editor would let me verify is if I had Miami FC in the NISA.

No problem. It really is a very minor issue, and virtually any other detail of this file is close to perfection :D.

On 21/05/2020 at 11:25, kandersson said:

MLS announced new Elite Youth Development platform, big news for FM 21 USA expansion :D https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/05/13/mls-elite-youth-development-platform

I did see that, but they are yet to release anything about a format unfortunately. My guess is it will be similar to the USSDA format but I know the MLS clubs felt like their academies had outgrown that competition and it was actually holding back player development. Here is my guess based on my reading the tea leaves:

Regional divisions will be set up for the younger academy teams (U16ish and below)

At the oldest levels, they will divide the teams into divisions based on quality, with MLS academies making up an Elite division.

On 15/05/2020 at 00:10, kandersson said:

No problem. It really is a very minor issue, and virtually any other detail of this file is close to perfection :D.

I tried a few things but unfortunately was not able to get the NISA to verify unless I set it as Miami FC's division.

45 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I tried a few things but unfortunately was not able to get the NISA to verify unless I set it as Miami FC's division.

No worries, it's a VERY minor thing. The depth, accuracy and attention to detail of your expansion are unbelievable. This file is actually the main reason I'm still playing FM 20 atm :D.

Update: Version 3.4

Change List:

-Chicago Sting FC removed (USL has finally admitted that is apparently dead)

-Worked with the USL Championship and USL League One schedules again

-Cleaned up a bizarre minor issue with the DB file 

Notes: With the USL schedules, I think the issue was that the USA Nation rules has a league break for big friendlies from July 15 to Aug 30 for MLS, but for whatever reason it was applying to the USL and USL1 also. MLS avoids having NO games during that time by having a list of midweek dates that are always used during that period so I mimicked that a little bit for the USLs. TL;DR version - I think I fixed it.

The bizarre minor issue was that I had duplicated all of the competition rules. Didn't seem to affect anything, but it should at least run smoother now.

Hi, Am really loving the expansion you have made. I have been playing as Nashville and the MLS 2020 Superdraft was due to take place on 16th Jan, I have now gotten to the 18th and no draft has taken place and no draft is in the calendar. Am I being stupid and it will come at a later date or is this a bug?

On 31/05/2020 at 11:00, KeegBCFC said:

Hi, Am really loving the expansion you have made. I have been playing as Nashville and the MLS 2020 Superdraft was due to take place on 16th Jan, I have now gotten to the 18th and no draft has taken place and no draft is in the calendar. Am I being stupid and it will come at a later date or is this a bug?

I have never seen the SuperDraft not take place. Please let me know if it doesn't. Sometimes the events don't always take place on the dates on the calendar, I'm not sure why.

On 31/05/2020 at 15:53, iamnobody said:

As a college coach can I scout and sign players from other teams?

Scouting is different in the USA than in other nations, but I was able to scout and sign players from other NCAA teams and local academies. 

Hi Uncle Sam, apparently the SuperDraft has a bit of a wobble if you load up USA after starting. I loaded the MLS from start but then loaded in all the expansion leagues around 7 months in, but before the 2020 SuperDraft. I just started a new game anyway and it was fine with all the leagues loaded from the start. The work you have done is phenomenal, it's a true shame that SI don't seem to care about the issues with the MLS such as terrible AI having 16 player squads and waiving very good players. 

4 hours ago, mbb said:

Amazing update!!

Something new about NPSL?

I'm reevaluating adding NPSL now that I've managed to make it impossible for teams to sign players away from NCAA teams. However, there are other issues I have to try and reconcile.

Fantastic work can’t imagine the hours you’ve put in, however I started in January took over Harvard and the first 5 or 6 games are in the spring part of the season but the league is still showing as 0 games played. Is this a big or will the games played start showing once the season carries on in August?

I started a career with Austin FC and they're Chivas USA as it says.. Can I change the logo to Austin FC or does it change once the team comes in 2021? Also, can I change their name to Austin FC?

Edited by averyj512

I didn't knwo where else to post  so maybe someone can help me.

What I want to do: Add Atletico Ottawa to MLS.

But if I adjust the editor by adding them to MLS next to NAshville and Inter Miami with regestration date 2020  the game deosn't produce any games for 2019 and crashes.

How can I add them? What I need to do exactly?

Hi @Uncle_Sam this is a great add on! I've installed for realism even though I am playing in England. I play with all playable leagues and like 400,000 players. Wanted to add this because I'm from the US and wanted my local USL team Loudoun United to be in this with real rosters and match sims just to watch.

But one weird thing with the International Champions Cup for the summer of 2020. I was invited, as Everton, after finishing 2nd in the EPL during 2019-20.

The schedule is really weird though. It's supposed to run from July 16, through September 2.

But all that has been played for 2020 are 2 games, that were played August 22, which was after the EPL season started and actually postponed one of my regular season EPL games. It's now September 12.

756842979_ScreenShot2020-06-12at1_17_24AM.thumb.png.915842adfdc48df0ededba930754f4a7.png

There are no other games scheduled. The competition just seems to be hanging in purgatory.

But all of the 2019 games still show if I tick the back arrows in this screen shot. So it's like the 2019 never finished, and the 2020 one won't schedule the other games besides the two that were played already.

Wondering a couple of things - if this will ever finish. If not, is there any way for me to just kill this one competition through the editor? Maybe I'm missing something in how it's set up? Thanks for any help!

Edited by Joey Numbaz

On 07/06/2020 at 00:19, averyj512 said:

I started a career with Austin FC and they're Chivas USA as it says.. Can I change the logo to Austin FC or does it change once the team comes in 2021? Also, can I change their name to Austin FC?

Yes you can, I did it. There's 2 things you can do, first is delete the Chivas badge if you have a badges pack included, I did and that worked. Or you can just copy the badge for Austin into the location where the Chivas badge is and reload skin.

For the name change it;s slightly different, you need to find the file that has all the club names, open it in notepad, find Chivas and delete and write Austin FC, same with the short name too. It works and my game as Austin FC instead of Chivas

On 12/06/2020 at 12:25, bigmattb28 said:

Yes you can, I did it. There's 2 things you can do, first is delete the Chivas badge if you have a badges pack included, I did and that worked. Or you can just copy the badge for Austin into the location where the Chivas badge is and reload skin.

For the name change it;s slightly different, you need to find the file that has all the club names, open it in notepad, find Chivas and delete and write Austin FC, same with the short name too. It works and my game as Austin FC instead of Chivas

bigmattb28 could u share this mate would be great 

Wow nice work !! from a french fan of sacramento republic is pretty cool :) but i have a question all you files is compatible with this  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2033784595&searchtext=mls or is just the same files without additionnal files ? (i have a error message with 2 USA Db ) thanks again for your work ! et cant wait to see your next project 

Amicably, 

Jowize 

2 hours ago, Jowize said:

Wow nice work !! from a french fan of sacramento republic is pretty cool :) but i have a question all you files is compatible with this  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2033784595&searchtext=mls or is just the same files without additionnal files ? (i have a error message with 2 USA Db ) thanks again for your work ! et cant wait to see your next project 

Amicably, 

Jowize 

Is that file not just Uncle Sam's file?

Hey Uncle Sam! I really appreciate all the hard work and constant maintenance you are doing on this file. I was wondering if there were any plans to make a version of this that does not have MLS roster rules in place? Apologies if this question has already been asked.