[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Sam do you have Canadians as Imports in your save or is it non US and Canadian players as imports? I wanted to take one of the US expansion teams and sign a bunch of Canadian teams and that why I'm asking or am i better off going with a Canadian team?

Also going by your youtube database file my understanding is that NCAA is 8 league games 10 non conference games and then if you get to the Championship if you go from round 1 to championship that is 5 more games roughly for a total of 23 games in total

I put your club logos under logos/club/ then copied the folers was i suppost to put the files inside the NCAA directory to the logos/club directory or just put the ncaa logo directory in the logo/club directory as none of the logos or kits work 

Edited by Fmfan00

16 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

what do u mean by the Gate City competition error?

I had apparently at some point set the competition for Gate City (an Amateur club) as some league in Vietnam. It would not affect your save in any observable way, but it was causing problem for other Vietnam DB files. Sangue Blu pointed it out in an earlier post.

14 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

@Uncle_Sam Have you moved/renamed Ottawa Fury to the Canadian league?

I have messed around with it. The problem is that messing with the CPL in FM20 messes with the CONCACAF League.  It causes a cascade of qualifying puzzles to work out, that frankly have no resolution that mimic real life. So I really don't want to try and recreate the Concacaf League and the Concacaf Champions League.

To prove I looked into it, I even created kits based on a concept I found on reddit. You're welcome to use them in your own efforts:

ottawah.thumb.png.2f389b85c223b20b6b32292886fe56a8.pngottawaa.thumb.png.f9aa25de04a208ef7ebfb8272d871d40.png

ottawah.thumb.png.63c96561de8967d59b90c08907c8f267.pngottawaa.thumb.png.62569ae10b73e5cf2ee91d6679c2b3a5.png

3 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

@Uncle_Sam how International Champions Cup works? In the first season, the teams that play it are 16 but in the second season are 12. How ICC chose teams?

So I don't remember exactly how I drew up the process for the ICC. I know I based it loosely off how it works in real life, with the exception of including MLS and Liga MX. The change in the number of teams is probably a reflection of the competition reducing participation in real life. To qualify from MLS, you simply have to win the Supporters Shield.

4 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I have messed around with it. The problem is that messing with the CPL in FM20 messes with the CONCACAF League.  It causes a cascade of qualifying puzzles to work out, that frankly have no resolution that mimic real life. So I really don't want to try and recreate the Concacaf League and the Concacaf Champions League.

To prove I looked into it, I even created kits based on a concept I found on reddit. You're welcome to use them in your own efforts:

ottawah.thumb.png.2f389b85c223b20b6b32292886fe56a8.pngottawaa.thumb.png.f9aa25de04a208ef7ebfb8272d871d40.png

ottawah.thumb.png.63c96561de8967d59b90c08907c8f267.pngottawaa.thumb.png.62569ae10b73e5cf2ee91d6679c2b3a5.png

4 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Thanks - I wasn’t sure if they had been moved in any official CPL leaghe update as well.

Just now, lbowman6 said:

Thanks - I wasn’t sure if they had been moved in any official CPL leaghe update as well.

I would seriously doubt they would be. When SI acquire the licenses from leagues for FM, they only get it for 1 season. The CPL would be for the 2019 season. Ottawa didn't join the league until the 2020 calendar year. The only reason SI is able to include MLS expansion is because technically the process begins before 2019 rolls over into 2020 (expansion draft, etc).

25 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

Ibowman6

I use uncle sams USA database (for USA aaka my current save Montreal Impact Academy) and Yellows Canadian Megapatch for Athletico Ottawa team who joins CPL in 2020 which you can find on here. Both databases work well with each other.. The Canadian teams from yellows database pick up some good amount of players from Uncle sams database and is really doing well in better Canadian as a Nation

Edited by Fmfan00

uncle same those kits above which file do we save... Just cause I currently downloaded your graphis but i put the Canadian premier league folder in the logos directory but didnt take the files out of the directory and for some reason i cant get your NCAA logos and kits to work properly unless im doing it wrong

Untitled.png

1 minute ago, Fmfan00 said:

uncle same those kits above which file do we save... Just cause I currently downloaded your graphis but i put the Canadian premier league folder in the logos directory but didnt take the files out of the directory and for some reason i cant get your NCAA logos and kits to work properly unless im doing it wrong

Untitled.png

Do they show up at all?

58 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

I mean unless the Team ID # is in correct this is what it shows up as for example the team your using for your database on youtube your NCAA save

So what you've got there is a logo pack that is overriding mine. Find that pack and remove it, and then untick the "Use Cache...." button, reload the skin and my logos will be showing up.

Hello,

First off, thank you for all the work you've done on this! Ever since they put out 20.0.04 I cannot start an MLS season in 2020. Is there a way around this? I even tried to play 20.0.03 and it now won't let me either. Also, I wanted to ask. Once I am able to start in 2020, is there a way to ensure all the correct teams (MLS, Liga MX, Central American teams, etc.) will play in CCL 2020 and is it possible to make sure the correct MLS teams play in Leagues Cup in 2020?

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, districtxeneize said:

Hello,

First off, thank you for all the work you've done on this! Ever since they put out 20.0.04 I cannot start an MLS season in 2020. Is there a way around this? I even tried to play 20.0.03 and it now won't let me either. Also, I wanted to ask. Once I am able to start in 2020, is there a way to ensure all the correct teams (MLS, Liga MX, Central American teams, etc.) will play in CCL 2020 and is it possible to make sure the correct MLS teams play in Leagues Cup in 2020?

Thanks again!

did you give this a try

https://community.sigames.com/topic/517782-fm20-custom-start-date/

I tried it and unfortunately it did not work. It is strange because it is only happening when USA is selected. Colombia, Uruguay, Chile all allow me to select 2020 otherwise. I loaded the seychelles one from your link too, and that didn't work. I attached screenshots.

I am at a loss at this point. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.35.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.35.54 PM.png

Edited by districtxeneize
wrong images uploaded. fixed now

Il 29/3/2020 in 22:14 , Uncle_Sam ha scritto:

So I don't remember exactly how I drew up the process for the ICC. I know I based it loosely off how it works in real life, with the exception of including MLS and Liga MX. The change in the number of teams is probably a reflection of the competition reducing participation in real life. To qualify from MLS, you simply have to win the Supporters Shield.

Ok, thank you very much

This is a big big ask but you're way better with the advanced rules/MLS editor than I am. I work on this file - do you think it would be possible to make an advanced rules file that starts with the 04 season rules (10 teams) and adds all the expansion teams (Philly, Seattle, Toronto, whoever) at the right times? I'll try to make it myself if it's possible, I'm totally fine with fudging the numbers a bit with scheduling or with something like Chivas USA. But do you think there's core "hardcoded" MLS stuff like superdraft and waivers that would just start, like, vomiting on the screen at me if I tried to make a 10 team MLS?

Uncle Sam. Into Season 3 and seems like the Generation Adidas Qualifying Round robin is all the same draw every year with the same teams that I face every year.. Just wondering is that based on Region wise or something just courious

10 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam. Into Season 3 and seems like the Generation Adidas Qualifying Round robin is all the same draw every year with the same teams that I face every year.. Just wondering is that based on Region wise or something just courious

Yes, the draw is regional, as is the case in real life (at least in the most recent editions).

50 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam 

in your database you have academy players going to ncaa.. I’m working on a possible cis database for Canada database... my question is what do u have ncaa listed as amateur?

I have NCAA listed as "Always Amateur" primarily for realism purposes. Professional players are ineligible to play NCAA soccer.

9 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I have NCAA listed as "Always Amateur" primarily for realism purposes. Professional players are ineligible to play NCAA soccer.

Also what did you have as age limit... I was thinking 17-21.. also was ncaa hard to design... just want to create cis on a database I have and was just wondering if it was hard to do?

Edited by Fmfan00

Uncle_Sam,

Sacramento, St Louis and Charlotte have their minimum age set to 21.  All of the other MLS clubs do not have a minimum age set.

Is this because those 3 teams start off in the USL Championship ?  And will it make a difference when they join MLS in 2021 and 2022 ?

Uncle Sam... Been watching your youtube series on MLS and I was wondering sicne Ottawa Fury has ceased their operations if my fav club in MLS if you have heard anything about a new affiliate yet

I was going to say even though its not realistic I know USL 2 does not have FC Montreal and I know FC Montreal is no more but because Ottawa Fury cancelled and went CPL I want to bring FC Montreal back as Impact's B squad in the USL League with TFC II... My question is because adding them in the comp do i just go into the advance rules and ad +1 to the # of teams in that league?

Edited by Fmfan00

Uncle Sam.. I was trying to re-add FC Montreal to League1 and to re-add affiliate with Montreal MLS since Ottawa went to CPL... I did the advanced rules and everything and just duplicated TFC II stuff however i went to go test the rules and i got this error and was wondering how do i go about fixing this

test9.png

Hey Uncle_Sam, great work on this database! Been using it for months without any problems! However, I'm trying to set up a challenge so I've edited Charlotte Independence and Austin FC to make them into 2 different fictional clubs. All I've really changed is the details of the clubs, yet when I use the new merged database, the lower leagues aren't playable anymore when I attempt to start a new save. Any idea why that might be? Thanks again for the great database!

I know uncle sam likes to go for realism however playing as the academy once it was very enjoyful. What he has for the database and having 50 games over 1 season is amazing and fun so even if they get rid of DA i would say still keep the academy league in the database. If not what would be even more enjoyable if having the MLS teams and the 8 CPL teams form a Canadian U18 League

Edited by Fmfan00

On 01/04/2020 at 17:24, districtxeneize said:

Hello,

Thanks again!

The workaround Sam describes in this post still works for me in 20.4 (but I saved a game setup file after using it so I just reload that game setup when I restart): 

On 03/02/2020 at 16:26, Uncle_Sam said:

You can circumvent the "hard-coding" on the start date by going to "Add/Remove Leagues" and then choose Canada and de-select USA. Push confirm and choose the start date you want. Then you Click "Add/Remove Leagues" again select USA and push confirm. The start date will still be the Canadian date you chose and when you start the game it will be 2020.

You need to have Canada selected for this because Canada (at least in the official DLC, not sure about other Canada DBs) has no 2019 start dates available, so when you add the USA and the hardcoding tries to reset to a 2019 start date,, it doesn't find one and just leaves things where they were.

2020 start dates seem to cause weird but not gamebreaking issues with the 2020 Superdraft (because it doesn't happen, but AIs seem to keep trying to trade 2020 picks through that season) and sometimes the 2020 March waiver draft (if I start later than 24 December, the game doesn't let me control the March waiver draft and it'll pick players for me that I don't actually want).

CCL and Leagues Cup are harder to address: if you're somehow using the real results for MLS/Liga MX/etc's 2019 seasons then it should work out mostly fine (except for the spots assigned to the Open Cup/MLS Cup winners, since you can't include real results for cups or playoffs). Otherwise, I think you can use the pregame editor to choose specific teams for those competitions in 2020 but I don't know precise steps to do it, or whether you'd need to entirely rebuild those competitions in order to do so.

Edited by Dallan

5 minutes ago, Ryan_512 said:

sorry, silly question. Which downloads are required? what do i do with them? where do i save them?

Thanks,

not that hard to read the first page and few first posts here

On 01/02/2020 at 11:11, Uncle_Sam said:

Club Continental Competitions: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ah9al6idk1oojg/USA_Club_Continental_Comps.rar/file (Includes: CFU Club Championships, Copa Sudamericana, UNCAF Interclub Cup, Pan-Pacific Championship, International Champions Cup).

File isn't working for me. When I go to winRAR it says the file is in an unknown format or damaged.

Thank you so much @Fmfan00!! I don't suppose you could post  the files for these ones aswell?? :) As having the same issue. Thank you again!!

International Competitions: http://www.mediafire.com/file/sse5z72xnv8mus1/USA_International_Competitions.rar/file (Includes USA January Camp, Copa Nuevo Mundo, Pan-American Games)

Extra Files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/isc0xhy3vovld56/USA_Extral_Files.rar/file (Includes Lower Level managers, Transfer Preferences, and some Canada Data)

1 hour ago, daspindocta said:

Thank you so much @Fmfan00!! I don't suppose you could post  the files for these ones aswell?? :) As having the same issue. Thank you again!!

International Competitions: http://www.mediafire.com/file/sse5z72xnv8mus1/USA_International_Competitions.rar/file (Includes USA January Camp, Copa Nuevo Mundo, Pan-American Games)

Extra Files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/isc0xhy3vovld56/USA_Extral_Files.rar/file (Includes Lower Level managers, Transfer Preferences, and some Canada Data)

I have no problems with rar files, neither should you. And I want to stop posting these files separately, ask the author about fixing not a general user, thanks.

On 01/02/2020 at 06:11, Uncle_Sam said:

USA Expansion LIGHT - This is a version of the file WITHOUT the NCAA teams

[Not yet ready for 20.0.4]

any idea when it'll be ready?

I don't know whether this is either a bug or an actually realistical goal (given I've picked a resonably good college soccer program), but the semantics of it made me worry a little bit. 

1d5e26e2cdffb783e47b9bf174d38105.png

Do you think the goal in the non-conference play could lead to inevitable board confidence problems?

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for making this database. I have enjoyed it so far. However, I am having some trouble.

What I am wanting to do is play with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC. I chose this club because they have a vision for youth development. I want to build this team to a winning team with primarily youth system players. The USSDA Whitecaps Academy works well...they also have Fresno Affiliate from the United Soccer Championship League. However, players never are willing to sign for Fresno. I could, I suppose, use the editor to modify Fresno, and I started to. However, I thought that resurrecting Whitecaps FC II (B team) would be more fun as it sticks with the Whitecaps FC brand. Full game immersion!!! :)

Unfortunately, using the editor to try to set this up is getting me frustrated. Here are the changes I made that I thought would do the trick...

1. made WCFC2 as not-extinct

2. added them to the USL Chamionship Western Conference

3. In the parent caps team page I set the WCFC2 to a B team designation

Now, I thought this would be it. The team shows up in-game as an affiliate. Lower rank players automatically get sent to the team. In the editor, under competitions, it shows Whitecaps FC 2 as a member of the USL Championship Western Conference. However, there are no matches or season available in game in the matches screen. It just shows under matches per-arranged friendlies but no regular season matches or cup matches.

Is this an issue where I need to increase the number of teams allowed in the chosen competition or what? I can use the editor basically, but resolving dynamic issues like this stumps me. All I want to do is have an active B team that I can develop players from the academy until they are ready for first team football. I know I could loan them out, and that has worked ok in the past. I would love to use a whitecaps branded team, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for any support and again...Thank you for creating this awesome database. :)