[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: A "Light" version of the file that removes the NCAA and all of the extra Academy teams.

USA Expansion Light DB File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tr7nm5r2fhljieu/004_USA_Expansion_Light_1.0.fmf/file

USA Expansion Light Graphics: http://www.mediafire.com/file/k55ix4xv3abjgw5/USA_Expansion_Light_1-0_graphics.rar/file

First post has been updated as well.

I have a question for you Uncle_Sam....

I see youve added the International Champions Cup in this expansion.  My question is, if I download another database addition that ALSO has, for example, the ICC, do you now have two of the same tournament in your save?  Or does one essentially overwrite the other and prevent duplicates?

EDIT: You suggest yellowsweatygorilla's Canadian expansion as a complement to this and, as i can tell, both additions feature the CONCACAF Champions Cup, so I assume there are no duplicates to worry about?

Edited by itsmb8

13 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I have a question for you Uncle_Sam....

I see youve added the International Champions Cup in this expansion.  My question is, if I download another database addition that ALSO has, for example, the ICC, do you now have two of the same tournament in your save?  Or does one essentially overwrite the other and prevent duplicates?

EDIT: You suggest yellowsweatygorilla's Canadian expansion as a complement to this and, as i can tell, both additions feature the CONCACAF Champions Cup, so I assume there are no duplicates to worry about?

My ICC was created from scratch, so there would be two ICC competitions running concurrently. 

And I did not touch any of the default Concacaf competitions, so there should not be any conflict with ysg's file.

Sam.. 

I started with a Brazil 2018 start date to prep for my MLS Academy as I am currently playing as them. I got to pre-season friendly games in February exactly at February 9th 2019 however my games do not show up in the schedule tab but they do on the calendar does the US schedule no get announced until near March when the league begins or is it something where i have to sim to 2020?

Just tested a new save and started on January 6th 2020 and still no scheduled posted under the schedule tab... Ive checked NCAA, and academy both arent working not sure if it is a database or fm20 bug

Edited by Sabres1986

On 07/02/2020 at 15:13, Uncle_Sam said:

My ICC was created from scratch, so there would be two ICC competitions running concurrently. 

And I did not touch any of the default Concacaf competitions, so there should not be any conflict with ysg's file.

I loaded in all three editor files to test it (your ICC file, the ICC + Futures youth tournament file, and the preseason comps file which includes the ICC) and I did have multiple ICC competitions in my save.  So i went into the pre-game editor included with the base game on steam and deleted the ICC competition from the youth tournaments file and the preseason file, and that seems to have done the trick!  

Edited by itsmb8

3 hours ago, LocalSoccerUSCoach said:

I hate to be that guy...but once you download the files, how do you get them working in Football Manager. I'm still new to this and just trying to figure out what to do with the files after I download them!

If you use windows go into ur my documents folder and there should be a fM20 folder and they go into the editor data folder

UPDATE

USA Expansion 1.16 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/szqt6i8zuf8l5b6/004_USA_Expansion_1.16.fmf/file

USA Expansion Light 1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlg61a8rmee8qay/004_USA_Expansion_Light_1.1.fmf/file

USA Expansion 1.16 Graphics - http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fdfv5h08x8w1vc/USA_Expansion_1-16_graphics.rar/file

USA Expansion Light 1.1 Graphics - http://www.mediafire.com/file/t9c6tkrd0zut915/USA_Expansion_Light_1-1_graphics.rar/file

Change Log:

1.16 and Light 1.1 - Kits update to match the recently revealed 2020 kits (3D and 2D). Also corrected (hopefully) an issue with starting in 2020 with USL Championship teams.

Issues: Admittedly, not the best work on a couple of the kits. The Houston away and RSL home patterns are very difficult so the ones included are placeholders.

First post has been updated with new links.

Pics:

LA v. Chicago

image.thumb.png.e3c514b9cd3b4e51dac2fd13dcb03876.png

Cincinnati:

image.png.14db7cf9eb4a7fd2741baada2710fb5e.png

New England v. Colorado

image.thumb.png.01cd94538840aafeaff5037d598cbb47.png

D.C. United - Seattle Sounders FC

image.thumb.png.971d64957024a02ceec051d52c9f346e.pngimage.png.69cf33d550813f6ed3e7927d786d3a2a.png

NYCFC

image.png.38f34e9d1ca9d4beadc80840260f46d5.png

FC Dallas:

image.thumb.png.58d3b8d90af2cc9c38ce1655ef3f0da6.png

LAFC:

image.thumb.png.1292c32487037cecb8ba33d4b0392b2a.png

21 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

UPDATE

USA Expansion 1.16 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/szqt6i8zuf8l5b6/004_USA_Expansion_1.16.fmf/file

USA Expansion Light 1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlg61a8rmee8qay/004_USA_Expansion_Light_1.1.fmf/file

USA Expansion 1.16 Graphics - http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fdfv5h08x8w1vc/USA_Expansion_1-16_graphics.rar/file

USA Expansion Light 1.1 Graphics - http://www.mediafire.com/file/t9c6tkrd0zut915/USA_Expansion_Light_1-1_graphics.rar/file

Change Log:

1.16 and Light 1.1 - Kits update to match the recently revealed 2020 kits (3D and 2D). Also corrected (hopefully) an issue with starting in 2020 with USL Championship teams.

Issues: Admittedly, not the best work on a couple of the kits. The Houston away and RSL home patterns are very difficult so the ones included are placeholders.

First post has been updated with new links.

Pics:

LA v. Chicago

image.thumb.png.e3c514b9cd3b4e51dac2fd13dcb03876.png

Cincinnati:

image.png.14db7cf9eb4a7fd2741baada2710fb5e.png

New England v. Colorado

image.thumb.png.01cd94538840aafeaff5037d598cbb47.png

D.C. United - Seattle Sounders FC

image.thumb.png.971d64957024a02ceec051d52c9f346e.pngimage.png.69cf33d550813f6ed3e7927d786d3a2a.png

NYCFC

image.png.38f34e9d1ca9d4beadc80840260f46d5.png

FC Dallas:

image.thumb.png.58d3b8d90af2cc9c38ce1655ef3f0da6.png

LAFC:

image.thumb.png.1292c32487037cecb8ba33d4b0392b2a.png

Uncle Sam

Do you know if the Academy schedule concern is fixed or is that a bug within the game

1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. What happened?

So I was playing as I was testing as some academy teams, I tested using Brazil start date of November 26th 2018 and also the USA start date of 2020... The Impact academy and i believe some USL teams are getting close to regular season like pre-season date and the rosters are still not showing up in the schedule tab but the calendar that you get that shows all of the  month events such trials and such the games show up on there but not the schedule tab. I was wondering if it works for you which would mean that it is a conflicting with another database if not then is it a bug that is going on with the schedule... If you want i can send two screenshots of what I mean?

20200211204416_1.jpg

20200211204423_1.jpg

Edited by Sabres1986

1 minute ago, Sabres1986 said:

So I was playing as Impact Academy, I tested using Brazil start date of November 26th 2018 and also the USA start date of 2020... The Impact academy and i believe some USL teams are getting close to regular season like pre-season date and the rosters are still not showing up in the schedule tab but the calendar that you get that shows all of the  month events such trials and such the games show up on there but not the schedule tab. I was wondering if it works for you which would mean that it is a conflicting with another database if not then is it a bug that is going on with the schedule... If you want i can send two screenshots of what I mean?

OK, by "rosters", are you referring to the matches?

This is kind of a flaw with the user interface. What you have to do to view your Academy's fixtures is click on the "Filters" drop down menu:

image.thumb.png.0917ec2b0cf24a24223fc61f059edbfa.png

And then tick the "U18 Squad" box:

image.thumb.png.2807a039d4db20f6f34cb1997c308cbd.png

This will cause your match schedule to become visible:

image.thumb.png.e3959997ec9e5944b86b02067855b97c.png

It's annoying, and you'll have to do it every time, but there really is no way around it that doesn't prevent you Academy from generating players.

2 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

OK, by "rosters", are you referring to the matches?

This is kind of a flaw with the user interface. What you have to do to view your Academy's fixtures is click on the "Filters" drop down menu:

image.thumb.png.0917ec2b0cf24a24223fc61f059edbfa.png

And then tick the "U18 Squad" box:

image.thumb.png.2807a039d4db20f6f34cb1997c308cbd.png

This will cause your match schedule to become visible:

image.thumb.png.e3959997ec9e5944b86b02067855b97c.png

It's annoying, and you'll have to do it every time, but there really is no way around it that doesn't prevent you Academy from generating players.

thanks Uncle Sam

On 10/02/2020 at 17:05, LocalSoccerUSCoach said:

I hate to be that guy...but once you download the files, how do you get them working in Football Manager. I'm still new to this and just trying to figure out what to do with the files after I download them!

I also hate to be that guy, but will the graphics file work alongside a previously downloaded logo/face pack? Am using ScopeMegapack2019 from 18/19 and would like to continue using it if I can.

On 06/02/2020 at 13:03, EnigMattic1 said:

And here comes my 4th restart since you first released this expansion.....

Nightmare also. Started a save with Inter Miami last night (8 hours work) with original database... Got to August and had began to build a nice roster (traded for Victor Ulloa and Juan Agudelo then googled them and found out it happened IRL). This database means i'll just have to do it all over again though. So so good to have affiliated academies and NCAA.... I take it players from both are only available in the Superdraft? Or can you promote from the academy (also do you have a 'first option') and sign from NCAA just like a normal transfer? 

2 hours ago, tobybilton1 said:

I also hate to be that guy, but will the graphics file work alongside a previously downloaded logo/face pack? Am using ScopeMegapack2019 from 18/19 and would like to continue using it if I can.

Nightmare also. Started a save with Inter Miami last night (8 hours work) with original database... Got to August and had began to build a nice roster (traded for Victor Ulloa and Juan Agudelo then googled them and found out it happened IRL). This database means i'll just have to do it all over again though. So so good to have affiliated academies and NCAA.... I take it players from both are only available in the Superdraft? Or can you promote from the academy (also do you have a 'first option') and sign from NCAA just like a normal transfer? 

You can get players from the waiver draft which is what I did (then traded them for draft picks and then used the draft picks for even better players).

The fact the academy works now is perfect. I have picked a couple of decent players from there. The fact they are free is an added bonus. Best to get a scout with decent JPA to give you a report first. 

Before this expansion (original database) I had an amazing squad and was unbeaten in the league. I had Morris, Dwyer, Yueill, Lima, Luis Filipe and countless others. I'm trying to get the same players in this expansion. 

Am I correct in thinking that this update does not include players moves, ie can we still build Inter Miami up from nothing? Or does it have the likes of Lewis Morgan, Nguyen, Robles, etc etc already there? (On a side not, the squad they've built is fantastic, better than what LAFCs was when they entered the league)

Also, when adding the unzipped files to the editor data folder, do they each need specific folders within the editor data folder or can the files (extension, global comps, domestic comps, extras) all just be dumped in there? 

2 hours ago, tobybilton1 said:

Am I correct in thinking that this update does not include players moves, ie can we still build Inter Miami up from nothing? Or does it have the likes of Lewis Morgan, Nguyen, Robles, etc etc already there? (On a side not, the squad they've built is fantastic, better than what LAFCs was when they entered the league)

Also, when adding the unzipped files to the editor data folder, do they each need specific folders within the editor data folder or can the files (extension, global comps, domestic comps, extras) all just be dumped in there? 

Blank slate. Only players there are the 4 out on loan and George Acosta coming in January 2020. Agree with the team they have built though, looks good and they still have 2 DP slots available.

All editor data files can just be dumped into the 'editor data' folder and the kits/logos into the 'graphics' folder.

On 05/02/2020 at 20:47, Fmfan00 said:

Sam

what files of urs do I not use if I use yellows Canadian file?

It should all work, just don't activate my Continental file. Keep in mind though that the 2019 CONCACAF League qualification will be incorrect without my continental file, but everything will be back to normal in 2020.

Graphics Update:

This will not require a game restart. It's just an update of the 3D kits. The format for the 3d kits changes slightly from FM19 so the kits from last year area smidge off. This update corrects the kits for MLS and the Canadian Premier League.

USA Expansion 1.16b Graphics: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z7f4m9ksmfz4cpw/USA_Expansion_1-16b_graphics.rar/file

USA Expansion Light 1.1b Graphics: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z7f4m9ksmfz4cpw/USA_Expansion_1-16b_graphics.rar/file

So last night I smashed through with Inter Miami from Feb 19 to Jan 2020... but around August/Sept time when the NCAA Championship began I assigned the competition to one of my scouts... but all I received were reports on a couple players from the Miami Academy. I assigned another scout towards the latter stages, around three weeks of the competition, but didn't get a single report. This was all in prep for my first SuperDraft. 

Around the time of the draft, I then tried to scout the combine... but I was unable to get team reports (and therefore individual player reports) of the four teams... 

This then meant on Draft day I was getting basic reports from my DoF, who I think at Miami has Judging CA of 15 but PA of about 10. Not ideal. When assigning my scouts to 'Scout for one week' the reports would not have been in in time. I had second pick and grabbed a decent GA player, but my other picks were pretty dull due to the lack of knowledge of the pool. 

@Uncle_Sam am I missing something blind and obvious when scouting the NCAA? At some stage all three of the NCAA competitions in the screenshot below had been assigned, but mainly I had been scouting 'NCAA D1 Soccer' I think - I thought this would scout the 24 conferences? Is there a specific tournament inside the NCAA which requires scouting if preparing specifically for the draft? 

And any tips on the how to scout the combine/draft thoroughly would be appreciated. Please excuse if I have missed something obvious. Great database though, get the feeling i'll be hooked on this save for quite a while.

NCAA_Scout.PNG

The scouting in the USA is a bit of a headache because of hard coding. For some reason SI has really handcuffed scouting with MLS teams. Unfortunately there is no way to change how it works without losing some of the important rules that makes playing MLS in FM realistic. 

Is there a way to force newly created MLS II teams into an existing competition? For example, managing FC Cincinnati I get the option to create a II team in 2020. If I create it though, it just stays in the "lower leagues", without playing in any actual competitions. I have to schedule friendlies all season if I want them to actually play any games. 

Alright mate, I think the latest update has done something to the competition names.

Apparently, the league Inter Miami is in is the '4.DEILD' which is a league in Iceland. 

Its either the update or the name fix, I'm not sure which. 

And, Just for them to be annoying, New York Red Bulls now have a third kit.

Edited by EnigMattic1

I have a question. I tried to add teams from inactive NSPL to USL 2 but I always got verification error about too many games in USL One. I tried to verify the database without any changes but still got verification error about USL One. Any ideas how I can add more teams?

For some reason my game keeps crashing when I view some of the screens in the finance tab. From memory it might be the turnover and projection pages. A message briefly pops up which mentioned something about being Out of memory. Not sure why this would be. Otherwise the game works fine so long as I avoid those pages. Any ideas what I can do to fix this? 

I know it probably goes without saying but I absolutely love this expansion. So much detail. I never knew an MLS save could be so compelling. The draft system and all its myriad of rules and regulations are as frustrating and they are fascinating (all of which makes for a save I just can’t put down). I only really get to play in the very late evenings now I have a family and my once previous sleep has taken a massive hit at the expense of this save.

I am playing as Montreal Impact academy when it's time to register the players but there is no spot to register the players? and I cannot move on without registering them how do i register them... I went into the squad tab and nothing there... In the news feed it only lists as respond but still no where to register the players for the season?

Any one know what to do if the Superdraft doesn’t take place in 2020? 

This is not a major issue in itself (I am sure it is just a first season glitch) except for when trying to negotiate trades with rival teams who keep asking for the now past 2020 picks in return for their international slots. As the 2020 picks are greyed out it means I can’t accept their proposed deal. I can only suggest it back to them which they then refuse to accept or the deal falls through (despite being their proposal in the first place). I imagine this is because the draft has now passed. I have tried to structure deals based on 2021 and 2022 Superdraft picks, but with them being less valuable in game at this time rival teams either reject them or counter asking for my 2020 picks. 

Not sure what to do? I need a way to make the 2020 picks disappear off my draft page and the game to recognise that it has passed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Just now, AlexTheTall said:

For some reasons, I can't start in 2020... Plus one of the leagues ( I believe it is USL 2) is called Delig.4 ... Can someone help me please :)

I can't help with the 'start in 2020' but, as far as the incorrect league name goes, save, exit and restart. it will correct itself. I had the same issue.