Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Uncle_Sam

[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

Recommended Posts

Many apologies for how long it took for me to get this released. I have been very busy with real life, and there were several issues with the data editor that I had to sort through. I struggled with getting MLS expansion to work properly, and there was also a bizarre issue with the Short Name changes not being displayed in game but it seems to be working fine now. Please report any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Uncle_Sam.

I've unfortunately never played your files before but will do so this year as they have received great praise in the past.

I'll look forward to a loooong save.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Many apologies for how long it took for me to get this released. I have been very busy with real life, and there were several issues with the data editor that I had to sort through. I struggled with getting MLS expansion to work properly, and there was also a bizarre issue with the Short Name changes not being displayed in game but it seems to be working fine now. Please report any issues.

Life should always come first, no apologies needed. Heard good things about your past work and I am looking forward to having a look at this years edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for your hard work uncle sam! Your U.S. database is always the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with your database and you probably already know, Inter Miami have named their development team Fort Lauderdale CF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Nothing wrong with your database and you probably already know, Inter Miami have named their development team Fort Lauderdale CF.

Ha, of course they would announce that on the day I release the file. I was actually ready to release last week, but the day I was going to post it the USL2 announced their divisional alignment  for 2020 so I worked to set that up.

I'll get an update out later tonight with the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Ha, of course they would announce that on the day I release the file. I was actually ready to release last week, but the day I was going to post it the USL2 announced their divisional alignment  for 2020 so I worked to set that up.

I'll get an update out later tonight with the change.

I've just noticed that St Louis have picks in the 2020 Superdraft. Were you aware of this? I haven't seen anything to indicate Austin, Charlotte or Sacramento pick then though.

 

Change that. They all have draft picks in 2020 and 2021.

Edited by EnigMattic1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I've just noticed that St Louis have picks in the 2020 Superdraft. Were you aware of this? I haven't seen anything to indicate Austin, Charlotte or Sacramento pick then though.

Yes, I'll add this to the known issues, but this happens because I've had to set the division for some of those expansion teams as Major League Soccer from the start. If you don't, then when they do join the league they will not have international slots. It's a hard coding headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Yes, I'll add this to the known issues, but this happens because I've had to set the division for some of those expansion teams as Major League Soccer from the start. If you don't, then when they do join the league they will not have international slots. It's a hard coding headache.

That's cool. It doesn't really affect the game for me (I always bomb in the Superdraft anyway), I just didn't know if you were aware. I'm also loving the fact that the Inter Miami academy is actually affiliated now. How did you manage that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

That's cool. It doesn't really affect the game for me (I always bomb in the Superdraft anyway), I just didn't know if you were aware. I'm also loving the fact that the Inter Miami academy is actually affiliated now. How did you manage that?

That one is by default, actually. Miami and Nashville SC both. I did cheat the system, though, by using the defunct Chivas USA to create Austin FC and their Academy. Apparently CUSA and their academy are still hard-coded to function as MLS Club-Academy in FM even though by default they're extinct in the database.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

That one is by default, actually. Miami and Nashville SC both. I did cheat the system, though, by using the defunct Chivas USA to create Austin FC and their Academy. Apparently CUSA and their academy are still hard-coded to function as MLS Club-Academy in FM even though by default they're extinct in the database.

Every save I've done previously, the Inter Miami Academy has not been affiliated to the senior side. Even the colours have been different. It works now so I'm happy, gives me an extra incentive to start again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't forget of this, the winner of sudamericana plays next copa libertadores

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this!  I wondering if you were starting a new save, where would you begin?  Would you start with college level and work your way up, just jump right into MLS, I'm just curious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eyyy thank you so much for this! 

Quick question though: if the CFU Club Championship winner doesn't automatically qualify for the CONCACAF League or Champions League, then how do teams from certain countries get into the CONCACAF Champions League otherwise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, igorlv said:

don't forget of this, the winner of sudamericana plays next copa libertadores

 

So I have not seen this happen in my file. Apparently when a CONCACAF teams win the Sudamericana, the Libertadores just grabs the highest ranked South American finisher. I assume this is because I have left the competitions as close to default as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, letissierandhenryaregreat said:

Eyyy thank you so much for this! 

Quick question though: if the CFU Club Championship winner doesn't automatically qualify for the CONCACAF League or Champions League, then how do teams from certain countries get into the CONCACAF Champions League otherwise?

The Concacaf League and Concacaf Champions League are both default, so without looking at the rules setup I can't say for sure. My assumption would be, however, that it is based on reputation. So you could theoretically play with Jamaica and get your rep high enough to qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pappy709 said:

Thank you for this!  I wondering if you were starting a new save, where would you begin?  Would you start with college level and work your way up, just jump right into MLS, I'm just curious.  

I had a lot of fun playing a couple of saves this way in last year's version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you what though, with these new cup competitions, it's fun trying to get a team together before the first match with Inter Miami. 26 days to build a team. My kind of save. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Tell you what though, with these new cup competitions, it's fun trying to get a team together before the first match with Inter Miami. 26 days to build a team. My kind of save. 

Yes, helps to put together your squad with competitive matches before registration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Yes, helps to put together your squad with competitive matches before registration.

I especially like the whole 'January camp' with the USMNT.

Any idea when you will be releasing an update with the renamed II squad? I know I will have to start a new save once it's released so I don't want to get too far into my current one. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I especially like the whole 'January camp' with the USMNT.

Any idea when you will be releasing an update with the renamed II squad? I know I will have to start a new save once it's released so I don't want to get too far into my current one. 

I am validating the file now, should be posting it in the next few minutes assuming it validates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.14 Update: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vl0395mm0ba0vns/004_USA_Expansion_1.14.fmf/file

Also edited the first post with the new link.

1.14 Changes - Corrected the name of Inter Miami CF's "B" team to Fort Lauderdale CF. Also made some minor changes to the MLS Registered Teams list to hopefully prevent St. Louis and Sacramento from getting college draft picks before they join the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who might be interested, I'm also close to finishing a file that revives the Confederations Cup. I'm close, but trying to work on making sure the host is the same nation that hosts the following years' world cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

1.14 Update: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vl0395mm0ba0vns/004_USA_Expansion_1.14.fmf/file

Also edited the first post with the new link.

1.14 Changes - Corrected the name of Inter Miami CF's "B" team to Fort Lauderdale CF. Also made some minor changes to the MLS Registered Teams list to hopefully prevent St. Louis and Sacramento from getting college draft picks before they join the league.

Sweet! New save time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Uncle_Sam said:

For those who might be interested, I'm also close to finishing a file that revives the Confederations Cup. I'm close, but trying to work on making sure the host is the same nation that hosts the following years' world cup.

Sounds good to me. Will it work alongside this file? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EnigMattic1 said:

Sounds good to me. Will it work alongside this file? 

I'm testing with the file, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will it be complicated for me to remove the NCAA and just have the draft from USL 2? Its kind of redundant to have both NCAA & USL 2 since they share players and this is impossible to replicate in FM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 horas atrás, Uncle_Sam disse:

So I have not seen this happen in my file. Apparently when a CONCACAF teams win the Sudamericana, the Libertadores just grabs the highest ranked South American finisher. I assume this is because I have left the competitions as close to default as possible.

at fm 19 i trained Tigres of Mexico to win the Concacaf Champions League and Libertadores, but after winning the Sudamericana, i was only able to play the Recopa, i didn’t know that it is not possible for a concacaf team to play for libertadores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, igorlv said:

at fm 19 i trained Tigres of Mexico to win the Concacaf Champions League and Libertadores, but after winning the Sudamericana, i was only able to play the Recopa, i didn’t know that it is not possible for a concacaf team to play for libertadores

That does seem to be hard coded. It might be possible to get a Concacaf team into the Libertadores but it would probably require re-creating the whole competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Will it be complicated for me to remove the NCAA and just have the draft from USL 2? Its kind of redundant to have both NCAA & USL 2 since they share players and this is impossible to replicate in FM.

I haven't really dug into it - is it not possible to encourage/allow NCAA teams to loan out players in the spring? (I've noticed that they, correctly, aren't allowed to receive loan players but does that block them from sending them?)

At least until the ADs vote to implement full year play and poor Sam gets to update all 50ish conferences and tournaments accordingly. 

(thanks so much for your hard work on this, dude. Now I can start a nice long save.)

Edited by Dallan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dallan said:

(thanks so much for your hard work on this, dude. Now I can start a nice long save.)

I second this. Especially now the Inter Miami Academy actually works. The whole 'Inter Miami with no players' is definitely my kind of save. And, with the added competitions, there is the added challenge of getting a team together in 26 days before your first match.

I honestly can't believe I've never tried this file before (probably because I never understood the MLS in general though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oskumustatuli said:

Were you able to start the save in  2020 season?

If you are on about Inter Miami, I didn't try. I'm happy to spend a year building a decent squad, pinching the players released after the waiver draft and trading them for better players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dallan said:

I haven't really dug into it - is it not possible to encourage/allow NCAA teams to loan out players in the spring? (I've noticed that they, correctly, aren't allowed to receive loan players but does that block them from sending them?)

At least until the ADs vote to implement full year play and poor Sam gets to update all 50ish conferences and tournaments accordingly. 

(thanks so much for your hard work on this, dude. Now I can start a nice long save.)

I am planning on releasing a version that removes the NCAA. I would also probably remove the extra academy teams, create a kind of "stripped down" version of the file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oskumustatuli said:

Were you able to start the save in  2020 season?

Probably not currently, however if you load up the Canada DLC it has the option of starting in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oskumustatuli said:

Were you able to start the save in  2020 season?

 

22 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Probably not currently, however if you load up the Canada DLC it has the option of starting in 2020.

I'm pretty sure it's still hardcoded that any save using MLS blocks start dates after November. It's been that way since, I think, FM2018 or so?

I just checked, and even if you're using the Canada DLC or any other country that has a 2020 start date option, if MLS (whether it's the default version or the version in this file) is loaded 2020 start dates are disabled.

Learn to love the Disable First Transfer Window option I guess!

Edited by Dallan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dallan said:

 

I'm pretty sure it's still hardcoded that any save using MLS blocks start dates after November. It's been that way since, I think, FM2018 or so?

I just checked, and even if you're using the Canada DLC or any other country that has a 2020 start date option, if MLS (whether it's the default version or the version in this file) is loaded 2020 start dates are disabled.

Learn to love the Disable First Transfer Window option I guess!

You can circumvent the "hard-coding" on the start date by going to "Add/Remove Leagues" and then choose Canada and de-select USA. Push confirm and choose the start date you want. Then you Click "Add/Remove Leagues" again select USA and push confirm. The start date will still be the Canadian date you chose and when you start the game it will be 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the Canadian teams qualify for concacaf through the mls or still part of the Canadian championship? ( do u know if this can be changed to through the. MLS like a normal us team?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Do the Canadian teams qualify for concacaf through the mls or still part of the Canadian championship? ( do u know if this can be changed to through the. MLS like a normal us team?)

Through the Canadian Championship. Continental qualification has not changed.

It might be possible to get Canadian teams to qualify through MLS, but you'd probably have to modify the Concacaf Champions League and I prefer to not do that unless I have to.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Through the Canadian Championship. Continental qualification has not changed.

It might be possible to get Canadian teams to qualify through MLS, but you'd probably have to modify the Concacaf Champions League and I prefer to not do that unless I have to.

No problem, i'll look into it.  Always check with you on these things, Master of the US :) 

 

NOTE: Seems you can just adjust the 'continental cup nation' to USA for those teams no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to resurrect my old pro-rel file from the dead and this CCL/Canadian Championship thing is giving me an ulcer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam

what files of urs do I not use if I use yellows Canadian file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice effort shame the 2020 start dates are greyed out though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Sam

what files of urs do I not use if I use yellows Canadian file?

I honestly couldn't say. My guess is that they would be compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...