[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

Hey ive been having issues editing the 1.16 database when i try to verify it it tells me that nashville have played to many games for stage 0 of the southeast derby and i cant seem to give fort lauderdale there correct logos it keeps the same logo as inter miami any help would be great cheersĀ 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Sam..

I love the database for the Academy league. SO far I have played 34 games plus then the Generation Adidas which put me at 45 total games 34 season plus 11 for Generation Adidas Cup since I made it through Qualifying and then the round robin and then playoffs now I just made it to the USSDA Championship which is a 3-4 game round robin plus 3-4 more so ideal looking at possible 51-53 games that is crazy. My top 2 strikers one has 45 goals in 45 games and then the other one only has 33 just between league and Generation Cup due to international duties. Not bad for 16/17 yr olds

As far as the registration thing I just go on holiday for a day and it fixes the registration problem

BRO this is bad ass !! Toronto FC is my local club and I love MLS and loving how Its growing in Canada/USA finally getting to be a good league and not like it used to be.Ā 

I just literally started a MLS save just downloading everything now.Ā 

Ā 

appreciate the work.Ā 

Thank you very much for all your amazing work. May I ask you, please, if you'll be adding sometime in the future the CONCACAF continental competitions? I've seen the 2 Carribean files here, but they do not qualify teams to the CONCACAF League. I had a great deal of fun with your files from last edition. I managed to bring an Anguillan team to the CONCACAF Champions League last year. Thank you very much!

21 hours ago, Maverik1828 said:

Hey ive been having issues editing the 1.16 database when i try to verify it it tells me that nashville have played to many games for stage 0 of the southeast derby and i cant seem to give fort lauderdale there correct logos it keeps the same logo as inter miami any help would be great cheersĀ 

I'm having the same problem. I have solved the issue with the Inter Miami/Fort Lauderdale logo but I cant verify the database.

To correct the logo, you need to go to Inter Miami, go to affiliates, highlight Fort Lauderdale and uncheck the box marked 'Use same kit' Save and its sorted. You then have the verification issue unfortunately.

Edited by EnigMattic1

I've loaded all the "fmf" files to Editor Data, however, when it comes to selecting a league, I can only choose MLS.

image.thumb.png.e8c18cfa2aff275fac73b664b8a4a6f0.png

Ā 

Nation/Continent doesn't appear beside any of the files like it does for Canada and France below:

image.thumb.png.b813a545de841313acf6d4b5c2ef58a3.png

image.thumb.png.902b55c626980f197bc5937c1cabb02b.png

Ā 

Edit: Resolved. I forgot to add the US file as it was a standalone file from the .RAR files.

Edited by sizzlingpopcorn

I've used this mod with Yellowsweatygorilla's Canada Megapack - Fantasy Edition mod (add Atletico Ottawa and 4 other teams). It works great together and gives more depth to North America. I'veĀ been able to sign both Americans and Canadians from some of the lower leagues, such as USL and USL2. FC Manitoba in the USL2 is a great resource for finding Canadians to poach for the Canadian Premier League.

Here's the first episode in my series with Atletico Ottawa:

Ā 

Hey Uncle Sam, first of all I love your work! I am playing a save using your expansion light database and I noticed that compared to the regular database some names of leagues (USL League 2 and some of the subdivisions, USL Championship) are still using their oldĀ  names (PDL, USL Pro) and they use their old logos too. Would you know why that this happens? Thanks again for your hard work!

Ā 

21 ore fa, bclem12 ha scritto:

Hey Uncle Sam, first of all I love your work! I am playing a save using your expansion light database and I noticed that compared to the regular database some names of leagues (USL League 2 and some of the subdivisions, USL Championship) are still using their oldĀ  names (PDL, USL Pro) and they use their old logos too. Would you know why that this happens? Thanks again for your hard work!

Ā 

I also noticed this and if I try to edit thier name with editor and save before and test rules then, it appears this message error: "NY Cosmos played more match in phase 5" --- > Team name and phase number always change.

In addition of this, competition order isn't correct. For example, 1) MLS, 2) Lamar Hunt Open Cup, etc

Edited by PaMi 7

I'm sorry guys. I am very close to an updated release that has fixed MOST of the issues caused by the name fix files. It also adds the New Jersey Teamsters to the NISA. It also fixed an issue with the USL League One playoffs.Ā However, Coronavirus has actually created a lot more work for me because I work in education and am now having to create a way for my staff to conduct distance learning. Hopefully it will be ready to roll in the next couple of days. Please forgive me.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

is there a way of adding the academy teams league to your news screen?Ā 
Ā 

Iā€˜D like a way toĀ keep an eye on my B team and academy teams progress in the league On the one screen and thought the news screen would be the best place to do that.
Ā 

So far I have the MLS in the top slot, league one in the middle, but I canā€™t seem to locate whatever league my academy team is in to stick into the third slot.Ā 
Ā 

can anyone help?Ā 

49 分钟前, Uncle_SamčÆ“:

I'm sorry guys. I am very close to an updated release that has fixed MOST of the issues caused by the name fix files. It also adds the New Jersey Teamsters to the NISA. It also fixed an issue with the USL League One playoffs.Ā However, Coronavirus has actually created a lot more work for me because I work in education and am now having to create a way for my staff to conduct distance learning. Hopefully it will be ready to roll in the next couple of days. Please forgive me.

Use MS Teams bruh

34 minutes ago, anitamui said:

Use MS Teams bruh

Thank you, we are looking at MS Teams as well as many other options. My issue is I have a staff with varying levels of understanding on how to use technology. I have some very good teachers who are almost technologically illiterate so figuring out how to recreate the classroom experience in a way that all my instructors and all students are able to connect to is a lot of work.

6 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Absolutely no need to apologize.Ā  Family and work always come first.

You're file is amazing and you have been doing us a great service over the years by sharing your workĀ with the community.

Thank you !!Ā Ā :)

UPDATE:

USA Expansion 2.1Ā DB File:Ā http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsquyzgz13ik5xo/004_USA_Expansion_2.1.fmf/file

USA Graphics 2.1Ā File:Ā http://www.mediafire.com/file/ixtshfqnjfqqv09/USA_Expansion_2.1_graphics.rar/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pm91y8gichmhc0c/FM20_UncleSam_USA_DB_real_name_fix.rar/file

Change List:

-Made compatible with FM 20.4 update.

-Added New Jersey Teamsters to NISA starting in 2021

-Cleaned up a lot of the database; deleting failed changes, records not found, etc. Also removed all person modifications; this DB is strictly club/competition related changes.

Opening post updated with new download links.

12 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

UPDATE:

USA Expansion 2.1Ā DB File:Ā http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsquyzgz13ik5xo/004_USA_Expansion_2.1.fmf/file

USA Graphics 2.1Ā File:Ā http://www.mediafire.com/file/ixtshfqnjfqqv09/USA_Expansion_2.1_graphics.rar/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pm91y8gichmhc0c/FM20_UncleSam_USA_DB_real_name_fix.rar/file

Change List:

-Made compatible with FM 20.4 update.

-Added New Jersey Teamsters to NISA starting in 2021

-Cleaned up a lot of the database; deleting failed changes, records not found, etc. Also removed all person modifications; this DB is strictly club/competition related changes.

Opening post updated with new download links.

Legend!Ā 

Edited by EnigMattic1
Question answered.

On 02/03/2020 at 00:50, AlexTheTall said:

For some reasons, I can't start in 2020... Plus one of the leagues ( I believe it is USL 2) is called Delig.4 ... Can someone help me please :)

I found out that if you have selected Brazil and USA, you can't start in a future date. I don't know why though.

Ā 

@Uncle_Sam, the ICC's 2013 winner is Real Madrid C and not their first team in your file.

5 hours ago, nik33 said:

I found out that if you have selected Brazil and USA, you can't start in a future date. I don't know why though.

Ā 

@Uncle_Sam, the ICC's 2013 winner is Real Madrid C and not their first team in your file.

Ha, I have no idea how that happened. I'll fix it and get that out this afternoon.

On 17/03/2020 at 07:45, Uncle_Sam said:

No worries, I work in education to.

3 hours ago, DigitalSea said:

Can someone PLEASE show me how to increase the amount of DPs? I've been trying since FM19 and couldn't figure it out..Ā 

So the only way to do it is with the pre-game editor.Ā 

Below is using my DB file. The first thing you will need to do is load the file, then go to the Advanced Rules->USA->Match Rules->Rules 0 MLS:

image.png.4c95fb219a24afe41c472884f607650e.png

Next, to the right you should see a section with a ticked box called "Squad Selection Deadline Dates". Click on the little check mark next to the first line:

image.thumb.png.7d54e0e6873c2d33699eaa2af0bade1e.png

After clicking on that check, if you scroll down it should display the Registration Rules for that date below:

image.thumb.png.8f9db8a491f8299c27c20240709e4bbe.png

Here you can play with the numbers. One note, you will NOT be able to change the Salary Cap (Annual Wage). You can try to set it eleventy trillion dollars, but it will still be the hard-coded amount. All of the other numbers, however, you can change.

IMPORTANT: You also have to change those numbers for every Squad Selection Deadline Date where they are present, which are only the first four. So untick the "check" you selected, and the tick the next check.

9 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Below is using my DB file. The first thing you will need to do is load the file, then go to the Advanced Rules->USA->Match Rules->Rules 0 MLS:

Next, to the right you should see a section with a ticked box called "Squad Selection Deadline Dates". Click on the little check mark next to the first line:

After clicking on that check, if you scroll down it should display the Registration Rules for that date below:

Here you can play with the numbers. One note, you will NOT be able to change the Salary Cap (Annual Wage). You can try to set it eleventy trillion dollars, but it will still be the hard-coded amount. All of the other numbers, however, you can change.

IMPORTANT: You also have to change those numbers for every Squad Selection Deadline Date where they are present, which are only the first four. So untick the "check" you selected, and the tick the next check.

My friend I could kiss you!Ā THANK YOUĀ so much for this thorough explanation+screenshots. I've loved your work since FM16. Please let me know if there is any way i can donate to your hobby :)

Ā 

Just two follow up questions: I assume you meant the first 3 checkboxes, as the fourth and beyond did not bring up the squad rules. What happens after the thirdĀ Squad Selection Deadline Date passes? Will the game revert to 3 DPs at that time?Ā  Second, I assume this file will override your USA expansion file? Or do I load this modified DB side-by-side?

Edited by DigitalSea

6 hours ago, DigitalSea said:

Just two follow up questions: I assume you meant the first 3 checkboxes, as the fourth and beyond did not bring up the squad rules. What happens after the thirdĀ Squad Selection Deadline Date passes? Will the game revert to 3 DPs at that time?Ā  Second, I assume this file will override your USA expansion file? Or do I load this modified DB side-by-side?

Glad I could help.

Yes,Ā  I probably did just mean three. If those options are there to be modified, then you must modify them for the changes to work properly in FM.

And yes, you will need to remove the original file or save over it, they won't work together. In fact, you'll probably get an error message when trying to start a game with the USA.

16 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I tried this step by step, set max DPs to 30 and simmed about 20 seasons with MLS only.Ā  The most a team had was 4, Vancouver.Ā  Ā The other team hadĀ no more than 3 DPs.Ā 

Has anyone else tried and seen more than 3 or 4 DPs ?Ā  I suspect this may also be hardcoded.Ā Ā 

21 minutes ago, dim13 said:

I tried this step by step, set max DPs to 30 and simmed about 20 seasons with MLS only.Ā  The most a team had was 4, Vancouver.Ā  Ā The other team hadĀ no more than 3 DPs.Ā 

Has anyone else tried and seen more than 3 or 4 DPs ?Ā  I suspect this may also be hardcoded.Ā Ā 

It's possible. I have not experimented with this in 2020, but you could change them in FM19.

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

uncle sam.. How do i add a team into the USSDA from another database... For example.. I wanted to put Athletico Madrid aka from Yellow's CPL database from CPL's U18 team into the USSDA of where Ottawa Fury team used to play?

That... that would be quite the process to be honest. Did he create the team from scratch, or did he edit another club?

1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

That... that would be quite the process to be honest. Did he create the team from scratch, or did he edit another club?

The team does not get added to the CPL until 2020.. He created the team from scratch... however the question is if I add the Fury Academy aka Athletico de Madrid as their parent club it's just a matter of how to do things in your file if possible or not no worries. I would just have to find a way to readd Ottawa Fury back into your save and then in FM20 I can just use the in game editor and add them as a Affiliate and be able to be the first one to sign the players. It's just a matter of putting Fury back into the USSDA league... Besides adding them into the leagues how do I go about changing the league so that it does not crash.

By that I mean i know i would have to go into the US file and change the northeast to add another team is that pretty much all i have to do? besides editing the allowed teams? and then adding the team into the league?

Edited by Fmfan00

15 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

The team does not get added to the CPL until 2020.. He created the team from scratch...

Hmm. Yea, the only way I could envision is physically merging the databases which can not guarantee would be successful.

7 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Hmm. Yea, the only way I could envision is physically merging the databases which can not guarantee would be successful.

That's ok I just found a easier way... I will just replace FC Westchester with Ottawa Fury Academy and do it that way ill just have to go in the advanced rules in your database and change it from FC Westchester to Ottawa in all of the stages. Just figure that was one of the teams who did not have a part club in FM20. I just have to find out how to make Ottawa get selected for Generation Adididas Cup

Edited by Fmfan00

20 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

It's possible. I have not experimented with this in 2020, but you could change them in FM19.

Ā 

FWIW It is working for me but I am only 8 months in.Ā NYC signed a 4th DP and the game has allowed me to have 5 signed concurrently. I also increased MLS clubs reputation across the board to match A- South American teams, not sure if that helped.

Just now, DigitalSea said:

Ā 

FWIW It is working for me but I am only 8 months in.Ā NYC signed a 4th DP and the game has allowed me to have 5 signed concurrently. I also increased MLS clubs reputation across the board to match A- South American teams, not sure if that helped.

I knew it was possible, but there probably are various factors which cause the AI teams not do it. Are you playing with an MLS team? If yes, what do the registration rules say?

19 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I knew it was possible, but there probably are various factors which cause the AI teams not do it. Are you playing with an MLS team? If yes, what do the registration rules say?

I think I spoke too soon. I did have a 4th DP but that was before the season had started, and I was able to buy CristianĀ Pavon down with GAM which the game did with a prompt.

When I attempt to buy an additional DP the board won't allow it. League rules still show the maximum DPs as 3. Not sure what I did wrong, I only made those 3 changes you mentioned. Let me know if you end up playing with it and get it to work.Ā 

Edited by DigitalSea

28 minutes ago, DigitalSea said:

I think I spoke too soon. I did have a 4th DP but that was before the season had started, and I was able to buy CristianĀ Pavon down with GAM which the game did with a prompt.

When I attempt to buy an additional DP the board won't allow it. League rules still show the maximum DPs as 3. Not sure what I did wrong, I only made those 3 changes you mentioned. Let me know if you end up playing with it and get it to work.Ā 

Well it is possible that even though you can see them in the editor, the rules are "hard-coded" and therefore not changeable. The only way around it would be overriding the default nation rules, but that would have all kinds of knock-on effects. No MLS-style trades, no allocation money, etc. It would make MLS mostly like other leagues around the world.

Has anyone else had issue buying down the salary cap of players after the first season? it was working as normal, and I have over 3 million in GAM, but every slider for the cap impact is greyed out. I'm at a loss as to why I can't buy anyone down.Ā 

2 hours ago, Dodis said:

Has anyone else had issue buying down the salary cap of players after the first season? it was working as normal, and I have over 3 million in GAM, but every slider for the cap impact is greyed out. I'm at a loss as to why I can't buy anyone down.Ā 

What team areĀ  you using?

3 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle sam any word on how to fix the academy registration? when it comes time to register players not able to so i just go on holiday for a day and they get registered

I had not come across that in my testing, I'll look into it.

13 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

What team areĀ  you using?

I've been using FC Cincinnati. Everything was working as normal, I started in 2019, won MLS Cup, entered into CONCACAF Champions League play, and when I went to register for MLS, I couldn't buy anyone down.Ā 

2 hours ago, Dodis said:

I've been using FC Cincinnati. Everything was working as normal, I started in 2019, won MLS Cup, entered into CONCACAF Champions League play, and when I went to register for MLS, I couldn't buy anyone down.Ā 

I honestly have no idea why that would be the case. I haven't touched anything to do with the rules so there must be some hard-coding issue going on there.

Hello Uncle Sam, I don't know why have you included in your database changes to one of the top tier Vietnamese club. Your database changes the league for this club, which causes incompatibility with each modifier file for Vietnam.

vieterr.thumb.PNG.5b287e8711cb80a636145ec3edc12a51.PNG

Ā 

I updated your file.

[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam.fmf

Edited by Sangue Blu

On 27/03/2020 at 08:58, Sangue Blu said:

Hello Uncle Sam, I don't know why have you included in your database changes to one of the top tier Vietnamese club. Your database changes the league for this club, which causes incompatibility with each modifier file for Vietnam.

vieterr.thumb.PNG.5b287e8711cb80a636145ec3edc12a51.PNG

Ā 

I updated your file.

[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam.fmf 1.19 MB Ā· 6 downloads

Thank you for the heads up. That's probably something I was messing around with years ago and haven't cleaned it up.

Update: Version 2.2 updated, correcting the Gate City competition error. Link:Ā 

Ā USA Expansion 2.2Ā DB File:Ā http://www.mediafire.com/file/6f1hhqc8c8do8pc/004_USA_Expansion_2.2.fmf/file

Ā 

I also updated the videos explaining MLS league rules.

Part One (League Format):Ā 

Part Two (Squad Breakdown):Ā 

Part Three (Player Acquisition):

Ā 

All of this has been added to the first post

Uncle_Sam,

Thank you again for sharing all of your outstanding work year after year !!Ā 

Your files and videos make the game immensely more enjoyable. :)

Your videos are very helpful and I have learned a lot by watching them.

Edited by dim13

6 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Update: Version 2.2 updated, correcting the Gate City competition error. Link:Ā 

Ā USA Expansion 2.2Ā DB File:Ā http://www.mediafire.com/file/6f1hhqc8c8do8pc/004_USA_Expansion_2.2.fmf/file

Ā 

I also updated the videos explaining MLS league rules.

Part One (League Format):Ā 

Part Two (Squad Breakdown):Ā 

Part Three (Player Acquisition):

Ā 

All of this has been added to the first post

what do u mean by theĀ Gate City competition error?