Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
D0gsballs

Trial youth players not being signed up

Hi all,

Doubt this is a bug at the moment, more me not doing something right.

Every season the team gets an influx of new potential youth players on trial. For at least 2 seasons now my team haven't signed any and now I pretty much have no youth squad. I'm managing Tamworth in League 2 so could really do with the kids. I believe I have left it to my Head of Youth Development to pick up the signing of youth players in the responsibilities section. Is there something I am missing or is he just rubbish at his job?

While I don't leave it to my HoYD, one thing I did notice this year is that the number of players he suggests we should sign after the youth friendly is far fewer than in the past FMs, where he basically was like "why not sign everyone?". So if you have rather bad facilities it could be that there simply aren't any candidates your HoYD considers good enough?

Either way, best thing you can do is pay attention to your next youth intake and wait for the news item about the trials vs youth team friendly. If he actually has players that he suggests you to sign and doesn't do it, it would mean the responsibility covers less than you'd expect.

Just now, Freakiie said:

While I don't leave it to my HoYD, one thing I did notice this year is that the number of players he suggests we should sign after the youth friendly is far fewer than in the past FMs, where he basically was like "why not sign everyone?". So if you have rather bad facilities it could be that there simply aren't any candidates your HoYD considers good enough?

Either way, best thing you can do is pay attention to your next youth intake and wait for the news item about the trials vs youth team friendly. If he actually has players that he suggests you to sign and doesn't do it, it would mean the responsibility covers less than you'd expect.

I was about to reply with exactly this. 

i always find it worth having a look through the players for myself, because I don't trust my backroom staff enough.

Even if my HOYD thinks they're all future fertiliser, it's rare that I can't find anyone worth giving a contract to.

Most years I ignore HoYD and sign the ones I like the look of or am short of in a position myself.