Player not showing up.

Hi

I started on my current Besiktas save file a couple of days ago, I started to realize that a certain wonderkid

Ajdin Hasic is not showing up when I search him up. He plays for Besiktas in real life and has just signed a new contract today(31/1/2020).

When I go to websites like fmdataba.com it says he is a Besiktas player, even has his player face on their site, yet I can't find him on my save file. He is not appearing in the senior squad nor in the under 19s.

What am I doing wrong here? 

Ignore the quote thing underneath, I have no idea have to get rid of it.

2. Quote
Edited by Supernova1903

He only moved to Besiktas on 31/1/2020 according to Transfermarkt. Assuming that's true; in the original database that came with FM20, he's still at Dinamo Zagreb. If you didn't load in a lot of players, it's possible the game didn't generate him. Try restarting the save with Croatia selected or a bigger database and see if he's in there. 

3 hours ago, PJHoutman88 said:

He only moved to Besiktas on 31/1/2020 according to Transfermarkt. Assuming that's true; in the original database that came with FM20, he's still at Dinamo Zagreb. If you didn't load in a lot of players, it's possible the game didn't generate him. Try restarting the save with Croatia selected or a bigger database and see if he's in there. 

Does that effect my save file, like i.e. do I have to start the game over again?

Can I like just go to preferences and load the croatian league up and continue from there?

Because I have reached the January transfer window and it would be kinda dull if I have to start from scratch :( 

30 minutes ago, Supernova1903 said:

Does that effect my save file, like i.e. do I have to start the game over again?

Can I like just go to preferences and load the croatian league up and continue from there?

Because I have reached the January transfer window and it would be kinda dull if I have to start from scratch :( 

Yes, you would have to start the save over again. Even if you waited for the database update where Hasic should be at Besiktas, you'd have to start a new save game. If you load up the Croatian league now, I'm pretty sure it will not generate existing Croatian players that were not yet loaded; it will keep the ones who were already loaded and create newgens (newly generated fictional players) to fill the gaps - and only from the start of next season. 

It sounds like having this player is important to you, and reaching the January transfer window isn't that far into the game, so it will not hurt too much to restart, I'm sure :) Alternatively, you could play this game until the edited winter transfer database comes out and start again then if you want to start with Hasic at Besiktas rather than Dinamo. 

13 hours ago, PJHoutman88 said:

Yes, you would have to start the save over again. Even if you waited for the database update where Hasic should be at Besiktas, you'd have to start a new save game. If you load up the Croatian league now, I'm pretty sure it will not generate existing Croatian players that were not yet loaded; it will keep the ones who were already loaded and create newgens (newly generated fictional players) to fill the gaps - and only from the start of next season. 

It sounds like having this player is important to you, and reaching the January transfer window isn't that far into the game, so it will not hurt too much to restart, I'm sure :) Alternatively, you could play this game until the edited winter transfer database comes out and start again then if you want to start with Hasic at Besiktas rather than Dinamo. 

Might have to think about that one tbh.

Thank you for taking your time to help me out :)