Sports Interactive Community
godzilu

Full league of human managers on holiday uses only 1 thread of the CPU

Hey guys

Don't know where to add this bug, if it's a bug, so I will post it here.

I have a league running on holiday with human managers for every team in the league, the thing is that it never uses more than 20% of the CPU. If I use only 2-3 human managers it's ok, it uses the full CPU. All managers are setup to holiday, 39 of them indefinitely, while 3 are set to return on 24 June 2020.

Anything you can do or I can do?

Thanks

PS: I uploaded the save file godzilu-42human-managers.fm

Edited by godzilu

What is the performance like? Is your main concern is the use of no more than 20% of the CPU or the save game is processing very slowly?

As a test can you try starting a new save without any custom database and send all of the manager on holiday and see if you still have this issue, please?

Could you also please attach your system dxdiag.

Thanks.

@Kyle Brown und @Jimmy Wong , I uploaded godzilu.DxDiag.txt. The performance is slow, while usually a thread on holiday is processed under 1 hour and it uses 15-100% from the processor with a probable average of 50%, when using this setup it takes +4 hours and never uses more than 20%, probably an average of 17% of the CPU. 

And yes, I will do that test too Jimmy, but later today because right now I supposedly have to work :rolleyes: Quick question, what league do you want me to do that? EPL? 

This should actually be fixed in the forthcoming 20.3 patch with some work I've done on how threaded matches are played, before human matches were limited to be played in the main thread.

15 minutes ago, EdL said:

This should actually be fixed in the forthcoming 20.3 patch with some work I've done on how threaded matches are played, before human matches were limited to be played in the main thread.

So no need for testing on default league? I am almost done =)) Thank you very much, I love you all :D

1 minute ago, EdL said:

No need to do any tests

If the fix is released on the beta let me know please. Thanks again, and have fun.

20.3 has now been released, let us know if the issue persists.