Taking Town To The Top

B.W.G

March/April 2023

Fixtures

h4e7hC9.png?1

League Table

h53EZre.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We got the title wrapped up by six points thanks to four wins and a draw in the final five games.I think we can count ourselves fortunate this season as Weston-super-Mare drew too many games which cost them the title as they did lose less games then ourselves.I do think this is the last of our successive title wins as there is very little backing off the board for next season at this early stage,after the season ended and the new budgets were given,we are still only able to offer non-contracts out with a maximum fee of £375 per appearance.This will limit the players we can get in as a lot of the players want more money than we can offer so it's a case of wait and see what will happen.

End of Season update to follow then onto tier 6!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Candidate Day 2023

The Candidates

4VvjNpI.png?1

Assistant Manager's Pick

GMuNUrV.png?1

GnArFYU.png?1

The Best Prospects

mn7tNP5.png?1

3BQh8Dw.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not the best intake we'll ever have but for this level,there are some useful players.The players I will be signing from the candidates are from Gooding down to Richie Rollo,I may sign some of the others dependant on how they perform against the u18's and if I need a player of their position in the other teams.

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

BetVictor Premier Division South - End of Season - 2022/23

General - Club Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Review

Transfers

No players were released or retired during the season as I will be keeping hold of them to till they are no longer required as they are non-contracts.Six players left the club to join other clubs,I'm actually surprised Cresswell stuck around for as long as he did,most non-contract players usually leave after a season or a season and a half,Cresswell was actually here for two and half years!We bought in seven players to replace the ones who left the club and to add a bit of depth to the team,the players who joined were of a similar level to those who left as I can't afford better players!

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

BetVictor Premier Division South - Winners

ujXhYaZ.png?1

We won a fourth successive title and probably our last as we won it by six points in the end in what was a hard fought and somewhat frustrating season.We were great attacking wise but our defence did let us down quite a bit,I couldn't really get the better defenders in to help the defence as I can't afford them due to our dwindling finances,although giving the strikers a big goal bonus probably hasn't helped matters either!How to describe this season,my team is the best attacking force in the league with a average at best defence!

FA Cup - 2nd Round

WPt9FwQ.png?1

We beat Paulton,Felixstowe,AFC Sudbury,Alvechurch,Salisbury and Morcambe to reach the 2nd round of the FA Cup for the first time in our history.As for the 2nd Round match against Mansfield,the scoreline suggests it was closer than it actually was,Mansfield should of been clear out of sight by the time they scored their second,at least we kept it respectable.

FA Trophy  - 2nd Round

6sOwElP.png?1

We beat Felixstowe 3-1 to get to the second round.As for the 2nd round match against Northwich,it's was a game to forget as everything about it was stupid,stupid sending off,stupid mistakes at the back with stupid mistakes in midfield.O'Halleron is the only player to come out of that match with some sort of praise and even then he was guilty of squandering clear cut chances!What a terrible run in the competition.

Southern League Cup - Quarter-Finals

bpQyix3.png?1

We beat Bristol MF,Sutton Coldfield and Bromsgrove Sporting to reach the quarter-finals.For the match against Banbury,I refer you to our match against Northwich in the FA Trophy,the only difference between the two games was that no one deserves any praise from this match as we couldn't even score despite having numerous chances.This game came three days after losing 3-1 to Northwich,what a terrible week that was!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

9wEqS0K.png?1

Freddie Hinds

Neil Collier

Zidane Iqbal

Zach Dobie

Maziar Kouhyar

Manager's Thoughts

Well this season was one to truly remember as it turned out to be pretty frantic,two terrible cup runs in the FA Trophy and Southern League cup,a fantastic run in the FA Cup and a league campaign where we just about scrambled over the line in first place.This was probably the most nervy season I've had for quite a while on any save as usually I end up running away with it.I think one of the biggest problems I had this season was attracting players to the club as they wanted a lot more than I could offer,the players who would of made a difference wanted £500+ per appearance on a non-contract while I could only offer £350 which means the players I bought in were a similar level to those they were replacing.To show how little we are spending in terms of wages,we had £4.94k for salary per annum,Hungerford had the next lowest salary with £79.3k!I'm thankful for the cup runs we've had in the FA Cup as they have kept us in the black till now but I doubt we can hold off going into debt as we don't have much left in the bank!

The current chairman has already heaped the pressure on us as they want us to get a place in the playoffs next season,for a first season in tier six that is quite a harsh challenge as I don't have much to work with due to poor finances.Also the reason I use the term current chairman is due to the club being in takeover talks with a local businessman,I'd rather not have that one go through as I'd rather have a takeover which can potentially help with the finances so a consortium would be ideal for me!If we can keep the attacker together than that would be great for next season as it means I would only have to work on the defensive side of things but there is a lot of interest in Hinds and Collier so I could end up replacing both of them as well!Onto tier six we go,just don't expect too many miracles from me!

rElsEda.png

Edited by B.W.G

Tycoon Watch

0enWe6t.png

No new tycoons to keep an eye out for.Great to see Norwich and Malaga get back in top flight again,hopefully Norwich can avoid relegation while Malaga's two year stay in the second tier is over.Also congrats to Gazelec Ajaccio on their promotion as this means their will be an Ajaccio derby in Ligue 2 next season.

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

Vanarama National League North - Pre-Season - 2023/24

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

Ten players were released as I refused to keep them as they are nowhere near the standard that is required for this level of competition.I probably should of done this last season as they were not good enough then but now I've got better players in,off they go to find new clubs.Seven players joined the club,five of these were more defensive signings as we were lacking in that area last season while I've bought in a AMR (Gregory-Meynell) and a new 3rd choice striker (Melvin-Lambert).These signings will all be around the first team and with these it means our new backups are much stronger than in previous seasons so we have a much better squad overall.

Pre-Season Fixtures

dEZc4Y8.png?1

With exception to the Bristol Rovers game,all the teams played are in a lower division than ourselves,the reason for this is because I wanted the players easier matches to get used to the system and to keep morale up.The Bristol Rovers match was never meant to be,originally I was playing Colwyn Bay but due to them being in Europe it got cancelled but luckily Bristol Rovers were happy enough to step in.It was an encouraging result against them but we were outplayed which shows we still have quite a way to go to match a League One side.

The Team

gEMIpAX.png?1

ev1oGpP.png?1

Freddie Hinds

Neil Collier

Zidane Iqbal

Lewis Warrington

Dick Smedley

Manager's Thoughts

Well we are geared up for the new season and I have no idea what to expect due to the board and media having completely different expectations on what I should be doing this season!The board want us to reach the playoffs and with seven places available,this is certainly achievable.The media are saying we should be finishing first,to me this not likely as we don't even have the strongest team in the league (FC United,Boston and Hereford all have stronger teams than we do!),I will be going for a playoff spot as that seems to be a realistic aim.Would like another run in the FA Cup as we are now in the red which is troublesome as that could hinder us in the long run,a new chairman would be helpful right about now but even then our chairman is denying the constant rumours of a takeover!

We're now moving up in the world as we can now offer 1 year contracts to players which means that they will be earning weekly wages.Although with that said,we are £2k p.w over budget but if we are to succeed then having such a little budget would make it extremely hard,the difference between wages is massive as we are bottom of the salary per annum category,highest earner in the league earns £1.6k a week while the clubs highest earner is £375.We also need new sponsors as we have the lowest sponsorship income with £4.4k (York top with £200k!).I think we are still a few years out before we can upgrade the facilities as we will need a steady stream of income to help upgrade them.Money is the biggest problem at the moment as I doubt the income from the crowds will help cover it as I doubt we will have a big increase in crowds.Time to see if these boys can hack tier 6!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2023

Fixtures

7MRDSJ4.png?1

League Table

YONPNgp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Excellent start to life in tier six as we won all five games as we finished the month at the top of the table.The only really annoying thing was the York game as their pitch caused quite a few injuries,we lost Zach Dobie for up to five weeks and Dixk Smedley for 9 days while York had three injuries themselves.I did half expect to drop some points but the games against FC United and Guiseley saw two great performances in defence.

Seven games in September,six in the league and one in the FA Cup.In the league we will be facing Chorley,Matlock,South Shields,Gateshead,Hereford and Southport,we have an eight point lead over eight which is brilliant as the board want a playoff spot so there isn't a much pressure to succeed like in previous seasons.In the FA Cup,I have no idea who will be facing as the draw hasn't been made yet,we need to beat whoever we face as I will need another cup run to keep the debt down!

Edited by B.W.G

September 2023

Fixtures

gRRhH94.png?1

League Table

thU9yMD.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It wasn't a bad month as we picked up eleven points from eighteen,this has left us with a four point lead at the top of the table although we have played a game more than the teams directly below us.The fact we have a ten point lead over eighth place is a great start for us due to the boards requirements so it is so far so good.Can't really complain about the points dropped although we probably should of lost to Hereford as they were the better team but their finishing let them down.As for the FA Cup,we had a easy 3-1 win over Leamington as we progressed to the 3rd qualifying round,on another day we would of score more than three as we had a lot of chances during the game.

Five games in October,four are in the league while the other is a FA Cup match.We kick the month off with the FA Cup game,we have been drawn against a very familiar team in the shape of Weston-super-Mare,I really want to win as the financial situation at the club is becoming much worse than I originally anticipated,we do have a record of 2-0-1 against them and we have a better team than we did then so I think we can win again.In the league we will be facing Tamworth,Warrington,Kettering and Nuneaton Boro,if we are going off the media predictions then it should be a easy month as all four teams are predicted for 12th and below.My aim is to get at least nine points as I want to carry on our fantastic start.

October 2023

Fixtures

XqgY372.png?1

League Table

3ChYfOH.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a very good month as we picked up eight points in the league as we finished the month sitting in first place in which we hold a two point lead over FC United,I've been impressed with how we have been so far although we should have won three games as we conceded a 90th minute equalizer when we faced Tamworth.In the FA Cup we made it to the first round as we edged past Weston-super-Mare before we smashed Chester in the 4th qualifying round,despite the scoreline,Chester actually had more shots than we did so the scoreline shows how bad Chester's finishing actually was.One last thing to note,a takeover is on the horizon,the Chairman's status has dropped to "Will Listen to Offers" and at the moment,it looks like it could be a local investor who takes over but I am still hoping for at least a consortium.

Five games in November,four in the league and one in the FA Cup.In the league we will be facing Alfreton,Boston,Farsley and Rushall.The games against Alfreton and Boston are pretty tough and both are fighting for a playoff spot while the other two are fighting against relegation so we should be able to at least pick up six points.In the FA Cup,we will be facing Braintree in the first round,this is actually one of the easier ties as they are a tier six side like ourselves so I am confident that if we can play to a high standard than we should be able to get through.The only other thing to keep an eye on is the takeover situation,hopefully I will hear more during November but all I am hoping for is that whoever takes over will give us some more money as the financial situation isn't great.

November 2023

Fixtures

UwoNs0o.png?1

League Table

zujL0hP.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not a lot to say other than we did a perfect month as we won every game which has left us thirteen points clear at the top while we progressed in the FA Cup with a straight forward 3-0 win over Braintree.Other bits of news from November were receiving a £500 fine for failing  to control my in the 4-0 win against Farsley and we have finally had some news with regards to a takeover,a local investor is in talks to takeover the club,this isn't my ideal choice but I'd do anything to get out of debt at the minute.

Six games in December,four are in the league while we play a game in the FA Cup and the FA Trophy.The biggest match comes in the FA Cup where we will be facing Havant & Waterlooville,this is one of the kinder draws we could of got in the FA Cup as it gives us a real chance of reaching the third round,they will be a bit tricky as they are in the league above and currently sit in 3rd.In the league we will be facing Darlington,FC United,Barrow and Kidderminster,I'm not overly bothered by what we do in the league as we will be top come the end of the month but I would like at least two wins.In the FA Trophy we will be facing Royston,they are a top half tier 7 side so they can cause us a bit of trouble but I am confident we can go through if I play a strong team.

Youth Intake Preview 23/24

9mMCuUH.png?1

One day I will get a golden generation but until I can start upgrading the youth facilities,it's going to end up looking like this which is all a bit meh.

Takeover Saga Over!!!
Ztvef8T.png?1

DUTOqcT.png?1

vipVnUY.png?1

It took two weeks for the conclusion of the saga to end.Can't say that I am too happy with him as he is a local businessman who put nothing extra into the club's coffers.So far I'm under the impression of that he isn't that ambitious as he turned down a request for a senior affiliate for loan purposes.I'm not going to ask for any upgrades as the finances are still pretty  terrible.

December 2023

Fixtures

D70Ufu0.png?1

League Table

QYRWI5L.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It looked like it was going to be another great month but then everything just fell apart after the Royston replay.We picked up four points from twelve in the league but we have stayed top,I think we have been lucky to still have an eight point gap at the top of the table as some of the chasing teams have also dropped points which means we still hav a slight advantage over the chasing pack.I am a bit disappointed with our FA Trophy display as we should of beat Royston in the first match and both of their goals came against the run of play as I rued the missed opportunities,we would rectify this in the replay as we went through with a 3-1 victory.

We start the new year off with seven games,five are in the league,one in the FA Cup and one in the FA Trophy.The biggest game comes in the FA Cup where we will be at home to tycoon owned QPR,this should be a sell out and originally was hoping we could snatch a draw but recent form has put this down as a damage limitation.In the league we are facing York,Chorley,Guiseleyl,Matlock and South Shields,my aim is to turn things around in the league as we haven't won since we beat Darlington on the 9/12/23!In the FA Trophy we will be facing Bristol MF,we have a much stronger team than we last played them so we should beat them but I would like the win to be in one game and not have to go to a replay.

B0a94sP.png?1

A very impressive result against QPR although it wasn't there proper team,they fielded mainly their fringe players and youngsters but I am grateful to get through even if we weren't the better team.This win gave me a lot of relief as it keeps our financial problems away for the time being.

Our reward...

hWCG4w9.png?1

Well it was fun while it lasted,I just wish it was at Turf Moor!

January 2024

Fixtures

rGVtpvT.png?1

League Table

jdyrlJ4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The inconsistency in January made it quite an annoying month.In the cups,we did really well as we progressed in the FA Trophy and we beat QPR in the FA Cup,even the 3-0 defeat by Burnley,was a good performance by the boys put it as we did give it a real go but Burnley's quality was enough to see them through.My biggest problem has come in the league as we picked up five points from twelve as our lead dropped to three points although we do have a game in hand,our form in the league has been very concerning as we have one win in seven games as of late and it seems my attackers have just lost all consistency,the win over South Shields was great but the rest of the games were terrible.

We play six times in February,five in the league and one in the FA Trophy.In the league we will be facing Matlock,Gateshead,Hereford,Southport and Warrington.I really need to try and turn our form around as it is getting very close at the top although we are currently beyond the board's expectations,I think we should be doing better considering how far ahead we were in November.In the FA Trophy we will be having another trip up to Gateshead in the 3rd Round,I would like to win this as the board wanted me to get to the 4th round.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2024

Fixtures

rdKV0D4.png?1

League Table

xzevZ3o.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The inconsistency continued into February and it actually cost us this time around as we dropped to second place although we do have a game in hand over Kidderminister.We won three out of five games in the league and it down to poor finishing to as why we lost to both Gareshead and Southport.In the FA Trophy,it was a disaster of a day as Gateshead won 3-1 but once again our finishing cost us along with two defensive errors.Can't really do anything to improve the team as we are over the wage budget but I will probably need to look at better attackers for the future and maybe tweak things by changing the roles of the forwards.

Four games in March which will see us face Tamworth,Kettering,Nuneaton Boro and Alfreton in the league.I really need to find a way of improving the performances with our attack as it has been quite inconsistent as of late,the defence generally puts in good performances and it shows with having the third best defence with 27 goals conceded (top 2 have conceded 26 goals),my aim for the month is to get my top spot back although the board are more than happy with our performances so far.

March 2024

Fixtures

N0Mvy9D.png?1

League Table

BEOGqjh.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It's a much improved month as we went unbeaten during March which means we are now unbeaten in five.It is however unfortunate that Kidderminster have been on a completely dominant run as they have won the last seven and are unbeaten in the last twelve,they currently sit two points in front of us  and with five games to go,there is still everything to play for.I was a bit disappointed in the game against Alfreton as we conceded a late goal,if that didn't happen then we would have been top on goal difference!

April gives us the last five games in the regular season.We will be facing Boston Utd,Farsely,Rushall,King's Lynn and Darlington,I really need to win every game as we are the chasing team and will need to capitalize on any slip up by Kidderminster.With five games left,it us out of our hands so we can only do what we can do but we do have two tough fixtures against King's Lynn and Darlington while we face two struggling teams against Farsley and Rushall so we will have four very competitive games as there is still a lot to play for.

Youth Intake 23/24

The Candidates

Nm4CHqY.png?1

Assistant Manager's Pick

rM4zbFQ.png?1

syaQPDC.png?1

Best of the Rest

gebPl2k.png?1

weBu8Bq.png?1

bipj3V8.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not a great deal to shout about but the top four could easily be of a backup level for this division if they reach their potential,I do have to agree with the assistant manager that Tommy Gray is the best of the bunch at first glance.As for the rest of the candidates,I will be keeping Neville Corcoran,Albert Mustafa,George Jenkins and Tommy Thomas to help keep the numbers up but I may have to look for high potential free transfers to keep the numbers high in the u23's and u18's in the future as it doesn't look like I will be able to develop the facilities any time soon.

April 2024

Fixtures

Vo0WIFt.png?1

League Table

uFbLnUI.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another month unbeaten but it wasn't enough to overthrow Kidderminster who clinched the title and the only automatic promotion by one point!We actually did better than Kidderminster during April but we only have ourselves to blame as on the day of the Rushall match,we drew 1-1 thanks to poor finishing while Kidderminster lost to Warrington,if had just found the net one more time then we would have won the title.Don't get me wrong,I'm happy to have got to the playoffs as it keeps the board off my back but the reality is that we bottled a thirteen point lead and ended up the season without silverware!

Playoffs are in May,we don't actually have a match till the 11/5 where we will face York or FC United in the playoff semi-final.My aim is to win the playoffs as I think we can do that and it would be fair as we finished the league in 2nd!

May 2024

Fixtures

M6PNX4H.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Vanarama National League here we come!!!We won the playoffs but I do think we should of done a little bit better with finishing,I may need to look for a replacement for Hinds who has been very inconsistent,thankfully his strike partner Collier has been brilliant for the majority of the season and he helped us massively with scoring in the semi-final and scoring the winner in the final.I've already been given the budgets for next season and I am pleased to say I will get to play around with the team a bit as I want to strengthen the team.

End of season update to follow then onto tier five!

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

Vanarama National League North - End of Season - 2023/24

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Eleven players were released as they were never going to play as they lacked the quality to ever play for the club again so off they went,eight of the players released would go on and retire from the game.seven players came in to help strengthen the team as I looked to at least challenge for a playoff spot,these seven players would join four others in being the first players to have a real contract at the club!

Competitions

Vanarama National North - 2nd Place

Playoff Semi-Final - Playoff Final

mZIV7d5.png?1

I should be happy that we came second and won the playoffs as we got promoted but in reality we bottled the league as we had a thirteen point lead at the end of November and then December,January and February happened and we ended up coming in second after losing out on the title by one point!As for the playoffs,we deserved to win them as we were the better team in both games but we should have took our chances better than what we did,thank god Collier decided to turn up for both games as Hinds was pretty absent!

FA Cup - 4th Round

L22xOjZ.png?1

We beat Leamington,Weston-super-Mare,Chester,Braintree,Havant & Waterlooville and QPR to reach the 4th round of the FA Cup.We were always going to struggle against Burnley and we did lose 3-0 but we did put in a gutsy performance and gave them some frights but you could see the quality difference between the two teams.I am grateful for this run as it kept us out of the red for finances.

FA Trophy - 3rd Round

jjsJupy.png?1

We beat Royston (after a replay) and Bristol MF to reach the 3rd Round of the FA Trophy.The match against Gateshead was a disaster as our defence made two errors while our attackers decided not to show up as we lost 3-1,the fact that our right back scored made me even more mad at the attacking players.We should of done a lot better than what we did and will look to improve our performances in the FA Trophy in the Future.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

HXYt3qA.png?1

Neil Collier

Freddie Hinds

Zidane Iqbal

Lewis Warrington

Kareem Hassan-Smith

Manager's Thoughts

I should be happy with the season we had as we won the playoffs to clinch promotion to the Vanarama National League but I am bitter due to us bottling the league after having a thirteen point lead.After already seeing next seasons's expectations,I don't think our chairman is very ambitious as the aim is to avoid relegation and that is something I think we could do right now.I will be looking to get in players who can strengthen the first XI and use the current first XI as backup so I can start getting rid of some of the players who are on non-contracts.Our team isn't bad but we are lacking a lot of quality but it will be a while as we can't match the wages of some teams as we don't have the same financial backing off the chairman and that combined with a lower match income means we are a bit behind when it comes to finances.

As for next season,I will be looking to push for a mid-table spot in the Vanarama National League instead of the boards avoid relegation aim and I want a better run in the FA Trophy as we have messed that up quite badly in recent seasons.With our cup run,I wanted to be able to build up the facilities further but they have regressed and I can't even afford to get them upgraded to the standard they were originally at so that is a bit of a set-back.We are now at the point where we will have to scratch and claw our way up the leagues as there is no backing off our chairman and there is very little money available from competitions,think it's time to use the transfer market to gain some money!

R0Sp9Gr.png

Edited by B.W.G

Ar5phD5.png?1

SmUPGJP.png?1

This has come as surprise but I really should of been paying attention to the rules.The Vanarama National League has to have a stadium of at least 4000 so our board are building a new one instead of expanding Park Hall.Two positives have come out of this,I will no longer be in TNS's shadow (literally) and playing in Shrewsbury's ground could mean extra income if we can go on a bit of a FA Cup run next season.

Edited by B.W.G

Tycoon Watch

36Heo35.png

A few changes in the tycoon standings,two previous tycoon owned teams have had new takeovers which do not come under the tycoon category,but we have had two new ones,one in France and one in Spain.The most interesting one is the takeover at Chamois Niortais,it actually happened in May so this will be the first transfer window under new ownership.As the French league is quite weak,if they make the right signings then I don't see why they can't push for a European Spot.

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

Vanarama National League - Pre-Season - 2024/25

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

Three players released as they were not going to feature what so ever this season but this could further increase depending on how much have they played and if they start whining.Just the one player left to join another club,Dawson left us to join Hull u23's,bit of a weird transfer as I don't think he will feature nearly as much as he did here but they are paying more than we offered him (£350 p.w compared to £325 per appearance.)We bought in eleven players as I looked to strengthen the team,Bastos and Jares could feature if they get a work permit as I trialed both of them before signing them,if worse comes to worse then I will sell them.The other nine players were bought in to strengthen the first team,after these dealings I can say that we have a very good squad available to us.

Pre-Season Fixtures

3dUlY6O.png?1

It was a very pleasing pre-season as we won four of the five games as I used them to get match fitness and morale up ahead of the new season.We had a very impressive win against Man City u23's but the loss to FC Halifax was quite annoying as we missed quite a few chances and that reminded me of some of our failings of last season.

The Team

iRUf83Y.png?1

7ZGMiH2.png?1

Key Players

fOOvoP9.png?1

2CNYCsL.png?1

K8WTO60.png?1

maY6YWJ.png?1

7y9d3rG.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I've done the best I can in what could potentially be a very long season as I don't think we are at the same quality as some of the better teams in the league.Honestly I don't know what to expect in the league this season as the board's ambition and the media's prediction are completely different.The board want us to avoid relegation and I believe our squad is strong enough to do that while the media expect us to be competing for the title and finishing in third,I think they need to be a bit more realistic as we have two players in the Key Players section of the season preview and no players in the media dream eleven.We also have to compete with teams like Forest Green who have had back to back relegations and also have the strongest team in the division.If I can reach mid-table at minimum then that should give us a decent foundation to start building up.

On the financial side of things,we are screwed as we currently have £15.9k in the bank and we are losing a lot of money each month so there is no way of avoiding the red,I can only hope we can go on a decent run in the cups and attract more people to the ground to reduce the losses.Our financial status is insecure so that is also a worry but there isn't a lot we can do as  we have among the lowest wages in the league.I could really do with my chairman winning the lottery or a tycoon decides to take interest as at the minute it feels like the chairman doesn't have the finances to back things up.Time to start scratching and clawing my way up the leagues!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2024

Fixtures

6pBbLZA.png?1

League Table

Sg3NkGN.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It's been a pleasing start so far as we got through August unbeaten as we picked up eight points from twelve.I have noticed that there is a lot more quality around the division so it will be a tough season but I think we should be at least challenging for a playoff spot instead of fighting relegation.We are only five points from the relegation zone so that is something I will be looking to avoid quite comfortably,no real stand out performers as they players are still getting used to each other.

We have six games in September which all come in the league.We will be facing Sutton,Kidderminster,Stockport,Forest Green,Grimsby and Worthing.It's too early for me to make a prediction so I don't really have aim for the month but I will be looking to get to fifty one points as quick as possible as that seems to be the safety mark.We do have two really tough fixtures in Stockport and Forest Green,these are the two games that I am not expecting anything from as I've still got to get used to the better quality in the division.

September 2024

Fixtures

SaBgIEt.png?1

League Table

c8GnSjZ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a very good month as we picked up twelve points from eighteen which has left us fighting among the top teams.The Grimsby game was brilliant for the neutrals as we won 3-2 but all the action came in from the 84th minute onwards,we were reduced to ten men in the 84th minute,go 2-1 up in the 87th and score a 3rd before Grimsby pulled one back to make it a very nervy finish.I've not really got any problems with the defeats as we were outclassed and probably should of lost by more but we did pick up a £750 fine for failing to control my players in the defeat against Stockport,the last of the yellow cards coming in the 95th minute which resulted in the fine!Tranmere could go above us if they pick up a point from their game in hand but I am really pleased with how we have been playing so far.

Six games in October,five in the league.In the league we be facing Northampton,Cambridge,Billericay,Brackley and Havant & Waterlooville,the aim off the board was to avoid relegation so I want to carry  on picking up the points as I want to get to 51 points as soon as possible.Brackley will be a difficult game by the looks of things but I am surprised at how well they are doing as this is their 2nd season in the VNL.We will be kicking off our FA Cup campaign in October as well,we will be entering at the 4th qualifying round but I do not have a clue who we will be facing yet.I want us to win as the cup seems to be a great way of providing us with money and I would like to be able to build the money up so I can get upgrades.

October 2024

Fixtures

rNiqqbY.png?1

League Table

TjkdtuL.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First up,I received my second offer for an interview and it was with Crewe so it's nice to see that I'm wanted.As for the performances for the month,I am very pleased to have picked up nine points from fifteen as we finished the month in third place which is brilliant,we are ten points behind the top two with a game in hand but I'm not overly bothered by that as I know we don't have the quality to match either one,Forest Green have actually won every game they have played since they lost the first two of the season!I'm not overly bothered by the losses as we did field a rotated side to try and keep things fresh as I don't want the players from lack of fitness,the rotated teams did well but just fell short in both games.We also made progress in the FA Cup as we beat Carshalton in a straight forward 3-0 win.Only real downside to the month was losing Alperen Topuz to injury,he won't be back from injury till the end of November at the earliest due to torn wrist ligaments.

Eight games in November,seven of these are league games while the other is in the FA Cup.In the league we will be facing Ebsfleet,Fylde,Woking,Eastleigh,Chester,Solihull Motors and Tranmere.This is a very busy month and I will need to look at rotating the teams in case of injuries,suspensions as well as keeping an eye of fitness levels,I am expecting to drop points here but as long as we keep on gaining some in the quest for 51 points then I will be more than happy as that is my first target.In the FA Cup we will be facing Torquay at home,this will be an interesting tie as they were relegated from the Vanarama National League last season and currently sit 6th in the VNL South,I will be looking for the win as I want to progress as I need the money to help keep us out of the red,the only reason why we are not in the  red is that the chairman has put in £216k and we are now down to £86k!

On 13/03/2020 at 16:13, vivu said:

I updated the wrong thread by mistake:kriss:

On 13/03/2020 at 20:43, kingjericho said:

Hum, in my current save my star striker is also young English talent Daniel Lewis. Is this a case of a newgen crossing the multiverses of FM saves? :lol: 

You two have made me jealous,I want a Daniel Lewis,I'm feeling left out :lol: 

November 2024

Fixtures

5ZFZjoL.png?1

League Table

EvjWFIJ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

All that green and yellow,it like looking at peas and sweetcorn.We've been great so far even if we are slowly falling away from the top teams in the division,we picked up ten points from eighteen but we did go unbeaten during the month which is great for us as it leaves us 12 points from the first target of 51 points,we're nearly at the halfway mark of the season so I don't see why we can't challenge for a playoff spot.As or the FA Cup,I have to say we had a favourable games as both were at home against other non-league opposition,we didn't exactly perform great but it was well enough to get us over the line without having to go into replays.Only real worry is that we will be missing Karl Law for three more weeks after he was injured,bit of a blow as he picked up his form after having a slow start.

December is a busy month with eight games,seven of these are in the league while the other game is the start of our FA Trophy campaign.In the league we will be facing Dover,Billericay,Tranmere,Fylde,Northampton,Harrogate and Aldershot,other than the Tranmere game,I can say that this is a pretty nice run as we are only facing one top half team with the rest being mid-table and below so I think we could hit the 51 point mark this month,of course I will have to rotate the team to keep the players fit as we have a lot of games in the second half of the month so we may drop points where I wouldn't usually expect us to.In the FA Trophy we kick off our campaign with a game against 7th tier side KIngstonian,this is a trophy I really want us to do well in as recent seasons have left me feeling quite bitter due to our early exits,I will be going all out to win as it is a good chance of a trophy this season.

December 2024

Fixtures

2tA0YA7.png?1

League Table

vKU6hZN.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not the best of month as we picked up five points from fifteen but we did manager to keep hold of fourth place going into the new year,we were supposed to play Tranmere during the month but due to Tranmere having to play a FA Trophy replay,the game was moved.We were unlucky to pick up more points as the 91st minute goal against Northampton was actually us taking the lead but we ended up conceding in the 96th minute.Only need seven more points for guaranteed survival but I think we need to pick up our form if we are to get a playoff spot.As for the FA Trophy,it was a routine win over Kingstonian,we were never really in any trouble but I was disappointed to have conceded like we did.

Seven games in January,five in the league,one in the FA Cup and one in the FA Trophy.In the league we will be facing Curzon Ashton,Welling,Kidderminster,Aldershot and Suton,I would love it if we picked up seven points to get us the 51 point mark,this should be an easier run like December but I want to see much better performances as we were terrible in  the league in December.The FA Cup game is our biggest of the month and it comes against Middlesbrough,they are not doing too great in the Championship so I think we could get a surprise against them as we have the home advantage so I am hoping to set a new attendance record in this game.As for the FA Trophy,we are facing Highworth and they are a 7th tier side and I really think we should be beating them and again I will be fielding a strong side as I really want to progress in this competition.

January 2025

Fixtures

g0Fd7yz.png?1

League Table

y49VzeB.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a brilliant month in the league as we picked up nine points out of twelve in the league as we got past the 51 point mark which means we are guaranteed to be in this league next season.The only game we lost was against Kidderminster,it was a very dull match and I was a bit gutted to lose as it was picked for TV,we're still in a playoff spot but we are quite far off the top three but we have a small advantage over eight so there is still plenty to play for.As for the cups,we got beat by Middlesbrough,the only surprise is that we lost 2-0 as we could of lost by five or six!In the FA Trophy we beat Highworth with a heavily rotated team due to suspensions and fitness,I was very pleased with this result as we move onto the third round,pleased at the moment but would love to go further in the competition.

Due to fixture rearrangements,February has ended up being a busy month with seven games,six of these are in the league and the other match is in the FA Trophy.In the league we will be facing Tranmere twice,Eastleigh,Chester,Ebsfleet and Aldershot,I'm happy to have beaten the 51 point mark so I think we should be pushing for a playoff spot but we do have a few tough matches,facing Tranmere twice in five days to start off the month is horrific but hopefully I can get through it unscathed.In the FA Trophy we will  be facing York City,it's a rematch from last seasons VN North playoff semi-final,I do believe we have a stronger side than last season so I am pretty confident we can win them and I would like to progress further as this is a good chance of silverware.My main aim is to progress in the FA trophy with getting more points being the next thing in the list of aims.

February 2025

Fixtures

KxHRjpg.png?1

League Table

MajbNgt.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a pretty good month as we picked up ten points from eighteen which kept us in fourth place and keeps us in a playoff spot in which we sit eight points ahead of Solihull Motors,with ten games to go it will be a pretty close finish for a spot.I'm not too bothered by the losses as they were heavily rotated sides due to fitness issues,we probably should of lost the second Tranmere game but we held on for a point in the end.As for the FA Trophy,we recorded a fantastic 3-0 win over York,we played brilliantly and deserved to go through,that win means we reach the 4th round and keeps the board off my back,although my contract is up at the end of the season and the board are refusing to let me have a new deal!

Seven games in March,six in the league and one in the FA Trophy.In the league we will be facing,Woking,Stockport,Solihull Motors,Forest Green,Grimsby and Worthing,not really much to say about the league as we have avoided a relegation battle so I want us to carry on picking up points as that would help us towards getting a playoff spot,the Solihull Motors game will be a massive as a win there would be a massive boost towards a place.The FA Trophy match will actually kick the month off and we have a home tie against Stockport,we have met the boards expectations so any wins will be an additional bonus,I will be going all out as I do believe we can win this competition and it would be great to get a silverware.March should give us our Youth Candidates,I'm not expecting anything from it so I'm not too bothered by it,I would also like to hear something about a new contract as it expires soon,I feel like I deserve one as I've surpassed the boards expectations so hopefully Mr Chairman will be nice and give me one!

March 2025

Fixtures

1CGDyVr.png?1

League Table

uGOME9C.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Let's ignore the FA Trophy for the time being,we did really well in the league,we picked up ten points from fifteen as we kept our playoff spot.No complaints from the games we dropped points in as poor finishing cost us against Solihull Motors while we had a cup hangover against Grimsby and it showed with our performance as it was amongst the worse for this season.For the FA Trophy,we exceeded expectations by reaching the 5th Round,the match against Stockport was probably our best performance in the entire season as we matched one of the big boys and actually showed our superiority.The games against Forest Green were both exciting and it was a joy to take part in even if we did fall short,Forest Green definitely deserve to be where they are and it was great to see us match them for large periods of the game.

We're into April and the final part of the season and we have five games to go in the league.In the league we will be playing Forest Green,Havant & Waterlooville,Dover,Cambridge and Brackley.If I've done my maths right then four points will be enough to guarantee us a playoff spot and that will be a fantastic season overall as we have far exceeded expectations.I would like to take third place but it is highly unlikely as we are eight points behind Stockport.My only aim is to clinch a playoff spot.

Like the progression I'm seeing through the seasons, @B.W.G

Some interesting signings for the coming season!

Adam French seems like a smashing prospect, but I got a real fetish for defenders like Dick Smedley. Wait, that doesn't sound right..

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

Like the progression I'm seeing through the seasons, @B.W.G

Some interesting signings for the coming season!

Adam French seems like a smashing prospect, but I got a real fetish for defenders like Dick Smedley. Wait, that doesn't sound right..

French has been great for us this season,currently averaging 7.10 after 33 games so I do thank Man Utd for releasing him.As for Dick Smedley,he was one of six options for the DC position I was scouting,I literally signed him just because of the name :lol: 

3 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

French has been great for us this season,currently averaging 7.10 after 33 games so I do thank Man Utd for releasing him.As for Dick Smedley,he was one of six options for the DC position I was scouting,I literally signed him just because of the name :lol: 

Man Utd - finally doing something useful!

:lol: Smedley is an odd thing to be searching for.. :idiot:

22 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Man Utd - finally doing something useful!

:lol: Smedley is an odd thing to be searching for.. :idiot:

To be fair,Man Utd have helped me quite a but by releasing youngsters.I signed Zidane Iqbal after he was released by them and he is now in his fourth season with us and still playing a massive part.

It's more to do with my scouting,I assign the scouts to look for hot prospects,if it's for two positions then I get the top six choices and go for 100% scouting report to see what I will be getting,I have six scouts at this level so it's really useful to find players.

Youth Intake 24/25

The Intake

LFglClw.png?1

The Assistant Manager's Choice

OyZHop0.png?1

9vs5X75.png?1

My Pick

HAH!

Manager's Thoughts

It is quite a terrible intake but it is going to be like this for a while and I will still talk about the candidates even if they are never going to make it.I'm going to sign the top six players based off potential to help fill the numbers of the team.It has been a pretty interesting intake in regards to nationality as there are four different first nationalities while we have players who have Irish has a second nationality.It's nice to see different nationalities coming through as it will be easier for us as they will more than likely have English has second nationality.

There's always next season for a good intake!

April 2025

Fixtures

Z1WARbu.png?1

League Table

pOHoENs.png?1

Manage's Thoughts

I was really pleased with how things went in April as we went unbeaten for the first time since November.The highlight of the month was finally getting one over Forest Green as we beat them 1-0 which essentially cost them the title,I don't think Karl Law will be welcomed to their ground any time soon!I was disappointed with the draw against Dover as we had more than enough chances to win the game but we are in good form going into the playoffs.Player of the month was easily Leandro Bastos who netted three times,not bad a nnad return for a centre back!

May is the month of playoffs and looking at the teams in it,this will be a tricky run as we have to deal with Forest Green and Stockport who are the top two ranked teams in the playoff.In our first round match we will be facing Kidderminster,this shows that there wasn't too much of a jump between tier 5 and tier 6 as they won the Vanarama National North last season ahead of ourselves.If we beat Kidderminster then I hope it's Stockport County next as I don't think there is too much difference between the two teams so that would be the best hope of progress.I am really hoping I can win as my contract expires at the end of June and the board are still refusing to talk about a new contract,if we win than they may persuade the board to keep me on.

May 2025

Fixtures

jzM3lHO.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We've only gone and done it,we've won the playoffs and we're heading to the football league!First up was Kidderminster,we absolutely smashed them from pillar to post and it was a well deserved win over the team who took the VN North title from us last season.An extremely quick start helped us to victory over Forest Green,they were the better team overall but we took our chances when they mattered,Alex Gilbert and Jack Gregory-Meynell have now joined Karl Law in Forest Green's Hall of Villains as we cost them promotion again!As for the final against Stockport,it was a very even game which could of gone either way,I was a bit gutted by Stockport's late equalizer but a goal from Alperen Topuz saw us stumble over the finish line.I will admit the ref did favour us a bit as we both conceded 25 fouls but we somehow didn't get a yellow card!

With the promotion,Oswestry Town have gone professional,the chairman has agreed to upgrade the youth facilities (but not the training!) and I finally have been given a new contract!

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

Vanarama National League - End of Season - 2024/25

General - Facilities - Club Vision - Finances 

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Five players were released,the top three players were not up to standard so I released them in hope they'd find a new club,that didn't work out too well!The bottom two were moaning about lack of first team football but were way down the pecking order so they were released.Two players left the club,we had no chance of keeping Dawson when Hull came in for him while Gordon took a step down as he was being used as a rotation option here and he is a back up option at Kettering.We bought in eleven players to help strengthen the team but Bastos and Jares were subject to work permits and only Bastos managed to get one (eventually).I bought these players in for the next couple of seasons as they will be very useful.

Competitions

Vanarama National Leaegue - 4th

Playoff 1st Round - Playoff Semi-Final - Playoff Final

NIykU3h.png?1

I'm over the moon with promotion as it wasn't expected,I generally thought the jump between tier 6 and tier 5 would be bigger than it actually was but Kidderminster who went up with us last season made the playoffs this season.The big thing to note was that we cost Forest Green promotion twice.We beat them in the league in the final month and then beat them in the playoffs.The most surprising thing was our disciplinary record,we weren't the worst team,we were 12th in yellow cards (74 yellow cards) and joint 6th in red cards (3 red cards).Alex Gilbert played a massive part in promotion as he netted 32 times in the league.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

ImCSWh7.png?1

We beat Carshalton,Torquay and Eastleigh to reach the 3rd round.We came up against Middlesbrough in the 3rd round and we were completely outclassed as they beat us 2-0 but it could have been much worse.The player who scored against us twice,moved to Norwich for £32.5 million and he isn't even that good so that's quite worrying for the future.

FA Trophy - 5th Round (Replay)

N0qtIoG.png?1

We beat Kingstonian,Highworth,York and Stockport to reach the 5th round.In the first game against Forest Green we drew 4-4 but they beat us in the replay a few days later,both games were full of action but I will admit the better team won in the end but I'm willing to bet the neutrals enjoyed these two games.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

5QDOJIm.png?1

Alex Gilbert

Karl Law

Alperen Topuz

Patrick Beasley

Adam French

Manager's Thoughts

What a season that was,an unexpected promotion in a season where the goal was to avoid relegation but we kept going and we were the in form team going into the playoffs and we managed to carry that on made it even sweeter as we were lucky to have finished fourth.The top two teams were a class apart from the rest of the league and we were lucky to beat Forest Green in the playoffs so I am more than relieved to have gone up straight away.With the promotion,the club have turned full time which will be helpful as we can now offer better contracts so we may be able to attract a better calibre player.This is the point where I think things will slow down as the club attendance will be slightly lagging behind so we will have less income from matchdays.

On the financial side of things,things are actually looking great as we have £926k in the bank,okay our chairman may have invested about £1.1 million in the club to keep us out of debt but in my defence,I worked within the budgets I was given so all the blame can be given to the chairman in the first place!We have had a new sponsorship deal,it's a one year deal worth £39.5k,it may not seem much but it's a big increase from the £5.5k we were on.We are actually having an upgrade as the youth facilities are being upgraded and should be done 2/12 but he said no to other upgrades as I would rather he agreed to upgrade the training facillities.From next season we will be moving to our new stadium,the 4,354 seated Oswestry Town stadium,I think we may be moving again as League 2 rules state that the ground needs to be a minimum size of 5000!

s14iLEY.png

Edited by B.W.G

Tycoon Watch

4VzsjGh.png

One club left the list while another one joined.Farsely Celtic were the team who left the list after the chairman withdrew funding from the club,bit of a blow for the English 7th tier side.The new one to join is Villarreal,this one is a real interesting one as it is the first club a tycoon has been bought while a club is in Europe.The takeover came at the end of the season so they will have a full pre-season to try and close the gap on the top four.

As for the future,I think Manacor may drop out of the list as they are in takeover talks,wonder if Villarreal and Chamois can crack the top four in the respective countries as that will be a massive boost for them.

L3d03rT.png?1

cD5lb1l.png?1

Well this has happened in pre-season,not good news as he is one of our back up players for the AMR position.His first occurrence of this injury happened in his time at Walsall back in the 18/19 season,wish I could offer him a coaching position of some sort.

Edited by B.W.G

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

Sky Bet League 2 - Pre-Season - 2025/26

General - Facilities - Club Vision - Finances

Transfers - Released

The team was starting to look a bit bloated so I recently released five players,these players were all on non-contract so it didn't cost anything to release them and they weren't going to get much game time.Two players left the club,Perkins left to join Hester,he was a no-contract players so I wasn't really bothered by that one.I was however annoyed by the sale of Bastos,the chairman accepted the offer over my head and I would of preferred to have kept but at least his fee has already come in handy.We bought in six players which was more than I originally wanted but long term injuries to Kouhyar (Damaged Cruciate Ligaments) and Prall (Broken Lower Leg) were the reason I bought in Brzyski and Le Goff,unfortunately both new players are among the top earners so they will be here for at least three season so I get my money's worth!

Pre-Season Fixtures

xMDPeg5.png?1

We were a bit busier than usual in regards to fixtures as I wanted to get us to as high as possible for match fitness before the start of the new season.This did backfire a bit as Sinn'kaye Prall broke his leg in the game against Basingstoke which meant I had to change my plans,Prall was going to be one of the top two choices for the DC roll after Bastos left.

The Team

wKKtuUg.png?1

NPJinAE.png?1

Key Players

JadSird.png?1

Od0LNuk.png?1

ZyIC648.png?2

eRpS9aF.png?1

kfqka7H.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First up is the Bastos sale,I didn't really want to sell him but the board accepted the offer over my head but I have used that money to ask the board for upgrades for the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment,that along side with the youth facility upgrade will help for the future but I will have to keep badgering the chairman for a Training Facility upgrade as he said no last time and it isn't like we haven't got the money as we have £1.3 million in the bank.Also wanted to go in with the majority of the team but due to two long term injuries,I had to go back into the transfer market but I have got good players in but I have signed them to three year deals as they wanted high wages compared to the rest of the team.

The aim for the season is to avoid a relegation battle,I do believe we can meet this expectations but the media are expecting us to finish 7th which is the last playoff spot so it looks like anything can happen.No real expectations in the cups so no pressure with that in the future so most of my focus will be on the league.I am pretty confident we've got the foundation for a good League 2 team,I think I will need to strengthen a bit to match some of the bigger teams in the division but we have good finances so we do have a bit of time to build a good team.This season is the start of a new era,we're now professional and we have moved into our new stadium so it's time to enjoy these good times.

August 2025

Fixtures

PsJhvhD.png?1

League Table

XwS5a93.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It's been a pretty good month as we picked up fourteen points from eighteen as we finished the month in second,no complaints from the two games where we dropped points but they were cracking matches in both games.For the Carabao Cup,we did better than I originally anticipated as we actually knocked out League One side Oldham before we succumbed to league rivals Lincoln in the second round.With all this positive,there had to be some low points and that has come with the mini injury crisis which is currently going on as we are missing five first team players through injury and the players are currently looking really tired so I'm not entirely sure at how long this form will last.

Six games in September,five in the league and one in the Leasing.com Trophy,we will be facing Blackpool in the first group stage game,I'm not really expecting anything as we are without five players for injuries and another five for international duty so it will be a heavily rotated side for that match.In the league.In the league we will be facing Dag & Red,Fleetwood,Stevenage,Peterborough and Morecambe.Considering the aim is to avoid a relegation battle,we are doing well so as long as we don't go into a free fall then I will be happy,we will still be missing at least two players for the first league game of the month but i think we should be able to cope.No aims yet as it's still early days in the season but I would like to carry on getting points to keep away from the relegation zone.