Taking Town To The Top

B.W.G

Youth Intake 2020/21

The Candidates

xv7ju3T.png?1

The Hot Prospects

Hah!

Manager's Thoughts

Honestly there is nothing here that stands out and it is a very poor intake with regards to potential but there is nothing I can do about that until I move up the pyramid.It was interesting to see three foreign players come through,it will be worth monitoring in the future to see if this is a regular occurrence.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 2021

Fixtures

vldrRYA.png?1

League Table

8VkofRa.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Overall it was a good month but I was made to sweat a lot in one of the games.In the league,we picked up ten points from twelve which was a good return for a competition I wasn't prioritizing,we did get very lucky in the game against Squires Gate as we were losing 3-2,thank god for O'Halleron!We easily beat Padiham 51 in the NWC League Cup final,it was a very one sided affair and it could have been more.The FA Vase was what made me sweat a lot,we easily beat Bridlington 4-1 in the first leg and then the second leg happened and it was really uncomfortable,I did have a bit of luck as Bridlington had a goal disallowed late in the second half as we just about got through with a 5-4 aggregate victory!

We have one game in May as we play Padiham in our last league game,I want a win to get to the 100 point barrier.I am also going to throw in May's update as well as we face Worthing Utd in the final of the FA Vase,we have met the boards expectations of reaching the final but I would like a win to clinch a treble.I can't afford to underestimate them though,they are currently sat in 2nd in their 9th tier division but they are one of three teams on 70 points with one league game remaining,if they win that then they too will get promoted thanks to goal difference as the team at the top have finished their games!

6 minutes ago, Kingofcm03 said:

114 goals is insane! almost 3 goals per game... and also 3nd and 3rd had more than 2 goals per game as well.

Did you suffer with the new match engine or still working out? (to be fair I dont know what formation you play)

How did Winsford play 40 games?

I'm not actually part of the beta for match engine so this is the normal for me.I play 4-4-2 tiki taka....

vqGcAtD.png?1

With it being an odd number of teams,Winsford were the team to reach 40 first the other 20 will be playing in the last set of fixtures at the start of April.

EDIT: Ignore the lack of partnerships,I'm having to use this line up for the next match due to injuries and suspensions :lol: 

Edited by B.W.G

7 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

I'm not actually part of the beta for match engine so this is the normal for me.I play 4-4-2 tiki taka....

vqGcAtD.png?1

With it being an odd number of teams,Winsford were the team to reach 40 first the other 20 will be playing in the last set of fixtures at the start of April.

EDIT: Ignore the lack of partnerships,I'm having to use this line up for the next match due to injuries and suspensions :lol: 

I think the new match engine has been pushed live mate, I have seen it change on mine. I started off hating the old version but grew to understand it and now I miss it hahahahahah

442 is pretty strong this FM, I use an almost similar version but the wingers are pushed up 1 slot and my Poacher is an F9

Edited by Kingofcm03

I must of dozed off when it was updating at some point :lol: 

At this level,I also make scouting my main priority as you never who will be interested in joining.Players like O'Halleron and O'Rourke are actually regarded as National League North/South level so it was a surprise to see them drop this low,finding players willing to join and are better than opposition players also makes things a lot easier.

2 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

I must of dozed off when it was updating at some point :lol: 

At this level,I also make scouting my main priority as you never who will be interested in joining.Players like O'Halleron and O'Rourke are actually regarded as National League North/South level so it was a surprise to see them drop this low,finding players willing to join and are better than opposition players also makes things a lot easier.

Isaac Christie-Davies should also be well above that level as well I would imagine.

April and May 2021

Fixtures

MEA0fZh.png?1

League Table

Q07tD9Q.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We had a straight forward victory against Padiham in the league,we were never really in any danger as we made it to the 100 point mark.We had a really long break in between the league game and the final of the FA Vase so I decided to use that time to scout players,we've scouted 37 players to see what will becoming available at the end of the current season as I started to look at building a team for next season,I've still got another 52 players that I'm awaiting scout reports for so it could be a busy summer.After waiting over a month to play the FA Vase final,it was a bit of a disappointment in the end,we won as we had the better quality players but neither team were near full match fitness,but it;s another trophy for the collection.

End of Season update to follow before we start life in tier 8!

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

Hallmark Security League North West Premier - End of Season - 2020/21

General - Club Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Four players were released as they weren't good enough for where I want to take the club,only one of the four released would actually go on to find another club.On the outs,we had seven players leave on loan for developmental reasons while thirteen others would leave to join other clubs.We bought in twenty one players in across the season to either improve the team,replace leavers or add more depth.The joys of dealing with non-contracts!

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Hallmark Security League North West Premier - Winners

MBq96UV.png?1

We clinched back to back promotions with back to back title wins.It was a bit difficult earlier on in the season till I made some tweaks to the player roles and that helped massively as we ended up running away with the title,we were 23 points ahead of Abbey Hey who finished 2nd and actually came up with us from tier 10 last season!It will only get more difficult from here.

FA Cup - 1st Round

rML0SDZ.png?1

We had a fantastic run for our first time in the competition as we beat Hengrove,Cray Valley,Weston-super-mare,Guisely,Grantham and Fylde just to get to the first round!As you can see,Walsall were the better team but we weren't completely outclassed but the right team did win the match.Fantastic effort off the players for the performances in the competition.

FA Vase - Winners

BZ92Baj.png?1

We beat Whitchurch,May & Baker,Bristol Telephones,Cammell Laird,Ashington,Whitton,Newcastle Benfield and Bridlington to reach the final.As for the final,the actual game itself would have been a disappointment for the neutrals but I am really happy we won,neither team were completely match fit and it ended up being a sloppy affair but we showed our quality when it mattered as we won 3-0.

North West Counties League Cup - Winners

X6Smc2m.png?1

We beat Chadderton,Abbey Hey,Pilkington,City of Liverpool and Northwich to reach the final.The final itself was as one sided as the scoreline suggest and it easily could of been worse for Padiham as we easily could of hit seven or eight.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

3TjyeCG.png?1

Isaac Christie-Davies

Alex Wollerton

Sam O'Halleron

Liam Loughlan

Fidel O'Rourke

Manager's Thoughts

It was a sensational season as we walked out with a treble as well as embarking on a brilliant FA Cup run which was ended by football league side Walsall.This was a lot tougher than it looked as there are several games where we should of dropped points but we didn't.It will only get more difficult from here so I will keep scouting as my main priority during the pre-season to ensure we have a squad which is more than suitable of challenging for the title which is what the board want according to the club vision.We actually have a six figure bank balance which is absolutely brilliant and is down to the FA Cup run,we should be able to stay our of the red next season even which is encouraging as staying out of debt is quite difficult to do this far down the ladder.

Aim for next season is to gain promotion by winning the league so the board aren't afraid to be ambitious,this is why I will be making sure to have to have a strong squad as we will also be playing in stronger competitions so we need the depth to go with it as the FA Trophy is a lot tougher than the FA Vase.There won't be any improvements with the ground or facilities as we don't have the money too and we don't actually need it as neither ourselves or TNS are selling the ground out constantly.As for the facilities,it will be quite a few years before we are able to request them as we don't have enough money but with the chairman looking to leave,who knows what will happen in the future.

5Ceibyg.png

Edited by B.W.G

15 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Smashed it again.

A few different nationalities in the youth intake.

We did but the games were a lot more competitive and not as one sided like when we were in tier 10.Can't say I am expecting this for much longer.

It was a very weird intake,not only did we have a few different nationalities,we also had five others who had dual nationality.

Tycoon Watch

As I've got the big five nations loaded,I've decided to keep an eye out for any new tycoon owned teams who have emerged as it brings new possibilities for the future of football.

England

Norwich - Takeover Date: 30/4/21 - A recent takeover,Norwich came 15th in the Premier League this season.Could be one to keep an eye out for in the future.

QPR - Takeover Date:30/4/21 - Another recent takeover and it happened on the same date as the Norwich one!They came 11th in the Championship so they will have a bit of work to do if they want to get to the Premier League.

France

Union Sportive Raonnaise - Takeover Date:4/6/2020 - This is the weirdest takeover to date,they had a takeover during the season they were relegated from the fifth tier but have since gone professional so I am expecting them to see them back in the fifth tier at some point.

Germany

N/A

Italy

N/A

Spain

N/A

Just the three new tycoons after two seasons.Of the three,Norwich seem the most likely to do something as they are in top flight and if their chairman dips his hand into his pocket then they could shoot up the table.The French one is completely weird in my eyes,so I am expecting them back in the fifth tier for the 21/22 season,they would also be the only non II team to be professional.

Edited by B.W.G

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

BetVictor Division One Central - Pre-Season - 2021/22

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

Two players released,both were apart of the first time but they were the two weakest players in the team and were not going to get any game time soon.Seven players left the club to join other clubs,in an ideal world I would have kept all of these players but the reality is that we're not as big of a club and we cannot afford what the players are now getting paid.We bought in nine players to replace the ones who left,we even made a signing from a divisional rival which is a first!All the players who we signed will be around the first team with the majority of them actually starting matches as I went for mainly better players and players to help add to the depth of the first team.

Pre-Season Fixtures

QaynoON.png?1

A nice simple pre-season as I went for the route of simpler games to help get the team used to the tactics as the cohesion is below where I would like it and also used these games to keep the morale high as we go into the start of the season.We also received a nice amount of money from the Bolton u23 match due to the high attendance but it was also sad to see Isaac Christie-Davies score his last goal for the club against Dudley!

The Team

6I6PUDV.png?1

8F3fqO0.png?1

Zidane Irqbal

Dermot Mee

Joe McGlynn

Stephen Birch

Owen Beck

Manager's Thoughts

It turned out to be a quieter pre-season than I first expected as I thought I'd need to replace the entire team as there has been a lot of interest in them,only seven players left so it wasn't too difficult to fill the gaps that were left.As we move to the divisional side of things,we have been made favourites to win the league by the media and the board also want that but I don't necessarily believe that we are as strong as last season,the players ratings may seem closer together but I do believe that is because Christie-Davies left and he was by far the best player in the team.The board have given us a bit of pressure in regards to the FA Cup as they expect us to make the first round so it will be dependant on who we draw in the competition.The board also want us to win the Southern League Cup while making the 4th Round of the FA Trophy but I don't know what to expect from either of these competitions as it will be the first time we are entering them.

No news on the facilities,coaching and recruitment front as we do not have nearly enough money to start upgrading them.There have been rumours about a potential takeover happening and the chairman's status is actually at in the process of a board takeover,I must of missed the news feature for that one as I didn't see it!I have no idea what sort of takeover it will be but this far down,it will more than likely be a fan's trust.I am hoping for a good cup run as the projection does not look good for us so if we finish the season in the black then it will be a significant boost for us as a lot of teams are starting to struggle financially.I feel this league may be a lot more competitive than the last two so it's time to get this show on the road!

Edited by B.W.G

July/August 2021

Fixtures

9WhQUCM.png?1

League Table

0TjdWet.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I really could not have asked for a better start than this as we have won every game since the start of the season.With the league,a large chunk of this is down to the strike partnership of McGlynn and O'Halleron who have netted 20 of the 34 goals between them,think I'll need a tag team name for these two as they are seriously deadly together.In the FA Cup we won both preliminary matches as we move onto the 1st qualifying round,no complaints from either game as we scored 17 times in two games!

I'm having flashbacks from last season as September is a nightmare with nine games to play.Seven are in the league while one is in the FA Cup and there is one in the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing Worksop,Wisbech,Coleshill,Corby,Harrow,Yorkshire Amateur and Barton Rovers,no aims at this early stage,all this set of fixtures will do is give us more detail on the sort of players I have in the team.In the FA Cup we will be facing Whitehawk,they are a 7th tier side who currently sit in mid-table,I don't see why we can't upset them as we are flying at the moment and we have home advantage.We kick off our Southern League Cup campaign with a home fixture against Didcot,they've not started too well but the board want us to win the competition so I will have to win otherwise I'll have the board disappointed in me.

4 hours ago, deltablue said:

Dead easy so far ;)

It is easy so far,I'm not expecting any real challenges till next season if we get promoted.Although I have now dropped points and my goalkeeper has already agreed to move to a Northern Irish in January,seem to be coming across quite a few speed bumps at the moment!

September 2021

Fixtures

R8K4Z9b.png?1

League Table

xZ8r0b0.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We went through September unbeaten as we opened up a fourteen point lead after having played thirteen games,it will already take a massive effort from the other teams to just catch us,let alone taking us off the top.No complaints about the Worksop game,they have been the only team to properly attack us and they got something out of it.Now to address the elephant in the room,the 13-1 win over Harrow is the worst AI performance I have seen so far,I have seen teams reduced to nine or ten men put in a better shift against us than that lot!As for the cups,we progressed in both competitions,both games in the FA Cup were very competitive matches while the 6-2 win over Didcot actually flattered us and we should of won by a narrower gap.

Seven games in October,four in the league,one in the FA Cup,one in the FA Trophy and one in the Southern League Cup.We face Didcot,Biggelswade Town,Berkhamsted and Sutton Coldfield in the league,my aim is to finish the month in first position as I want to go up without doing a playoff.In the FA Cup we will be facing Chelmsford in the 3rd qualifying round,I do believe if we do win that then the 4th qualifying round will happen in October,Chelmsford are a top half National League South team so it will be a tricky affair but we do have home advantage so we should be able to get some money in.In the Southern League Cup we will be facing Wimborne,they are a tier 7 side but they are fighting against relegation so I don't see why we can't beat them.We also have a FA Trophy match but the draw hasn't been made yet so I have no idea who we are facing but I want to win as the board want us to progress.

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

September 2021

Fixtures

R8K4Z9b.png?1

League Table

xZ8r0b0.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We went through September unbeaten as we opened up a fourteen point lead after having played thirteen games,it will already take a massive effort from the other teams to just catch us,let alone taking us off the top.No complaints about the Worksop game,they have been the only team to properly attack us and they got something out of it.Now to address the elephant in the room,the 13-1 win over Harrow is the worst AI performance I have seen so far,I have seen teams reduced to nine or ten men put in a better shift against us than that lot!As for the cups,we progressed in both competitions,both games in the FA Cup were very competitive matches while the 6-2 win over Didcot actually flattered us and we should of won by a narrower gap.

Seven games in October,four in the league,one in the FA Cup,one in the FA Trophy and one in the Southern League Cup.We face Didcot,Biggelswade Town,Berkhamsted and Sutton Coldfield in the league,my aim is to finish the month in first position as I want to go up without doing a playoff.In the FA Cup we will be facing Chelmsford in the 3rd qualifying round,I do believe if we do win that then the 4th qualifying round will happen in October,Chelmsford are a top half National League South team so it will be a tricky affair but we do have home advantage so we should be able to get some money in.In the Southern League Cup we will be facing Wimborne,they are a tier 7 side but they are fighting against relegation so I don't see why we can't beat them.We also have a FA Trophy match but the draw hasn't been made yet so I have no idea who we are facing but I want to win as the board want us to progress.

14 points clear in September? Are you Scousers in disguise? ;)

1 hour ago, Northernpilgrim said:

14 points clear in September? Are you Scousers in disguise? ;)

We're like the 18/19 Scousers,we got beat and I'm blaming the wind although my fans are blaming the length of the grass :D 

October 2021

Fixtures

8XNlcsZ.png?1

League Table

MiRxcex.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well we won three out four in the league as our lead dropped to five points but now we have the games in hand on the chasing pack.The game we lost was the Berkhamsted match where a late goal by Will Summerfield settled the match to the joy of the one away fan (probably his mum!).We still finished the month in first but with games in hand,we still have the advantage.As for the FA Cup games,we had a thriller against Chelmsford where we just about held on to the win before we edged the match against another Phoenix club in the form of Merthyr Town,we've now reached the first round and I am grateful for the extra income.The other cup games saw us edge past Wimborne in the Southern League Cup before we smashed an injury plagued Lincoln Utd in the FA Trophy,the unlucky sods had another two injuries to the five players who were already out!

Eight games in November as the matches carry on coming at us thick and fast,we play six in the league,one in the FA Cup and one in the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing Corby,Barwell,Biggleswade Town,Barton Rovers,Bedford and Braxley,my aim is to once again finish the month in first but Corby will be a very difficult game as they are overachieving massively so we cannot afford to underestimate them unless we want to become one of their victims.In the Southern League Cup we will be facing Walton Casuals,they're in the same tier as us but are in the South Division,they are a mid-table side so I will be looking to beat them as the board want us to progress further than what we are at.The big game of the month is in the FA Cup,our reward is a trip to Prenton Park to play Tranmere,they are a league one side so my luck of the draw sucks as there are a lot of non league teams left,to make things worse for me is that Tranmere are in good form having won four of the last five in the league.....after winning 0 in 11!I willbe trying my best but I'm not holding my breath.

5 hours ago, B.W.G said:

October 2021

Fixtures

8XNlcsZ.png?1

League Table

MiRxcex.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well we won three out four in the league as our lead dropped to five points but now we have the games in hand on the chasing pack.The game we lost was the Berkhamsted match where a late goal by Will Summerfield settled the match to the joy of the one away fan (probably his mum!).We still finished the month in first but with games in hand,we still have the advantage.As for the FA Cup games,we had a thriller against Chelmsford where we just about held on to the win before we edged the match against another Phoenix club in the form of Merthyr Town,we've now reached the first round and I am grateful for the extra income.The other cup games saw us edge past Wimborne in the Southern League Cup before we smashed an injury plagued Lincoln Utd in the FA Trophy,the unlucky sods had another two injuries to the five players who were already out!

Eight games in November as the matches carry on coming at us thick and fast,we play six in the league,one in the FA Cup and one in the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing Corby,Barwell,Biggleswade Town,Barton Rovers,Bedford and Braxley,my aim is to once again finish the month in first but Corby will be a very difficult game as they are overachieving massively so we cannot afford to underestimate them unless we want to become one of their victims.In the Southern League Cup we will be facing Walton Casuals,they're in the same tier as us but are in the South Division,they are a mid-table side so I will be looking to beat them as the board want us to progress further than what we are at.The big game of the month is in the FA Cup,our reward is a trip to Prenton Park to play Tranmere,they are a league one side so my luck of the draw sucks as there are a lot of non league teams left,to make things worse for me is that Tranmere are in good form having won four of the last five in the league.....after winning 0 in 11!I willbe trying my best but I'm not holding my breath.

4.3 goals per game? You're having a laugh. The FA might move you up a few leagues at this rate, to save the embarrassment of the others.

11 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

4.3 goals per game? You're having a laugh. The FA might move you up a few leagues at this rate, to save the embarrassment of the others.

My attackers have been amazing,my defence on the other hand has gone downhill and I don't even have the best defence in the league anymore.Also after the FA Cup match,not sure I want to get to skip a few leagues just yet :lol: 

November 2021

Fixtures

wRSiECJ.png?1

League Table

2Af4ZSi.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Goals,goals,goals....who wants a goal,you want a goal,you can have a goal!

The big game of the month was against a struggling League 1 side Tranmere,we got battered and they easily could have had more than four goals if there finishing was better.We picked up sixteen points from eighteen as we finished the month at the top,the entertainment value has been out of the world as four goals is the lowest amount of goals we were involved in,no complaints about the draw as it was an even game,the final game of the month saw us beat 3rd place Yaxley 4-2,the only reason we probably beat them 4-2 was because they were down to ten men after seven minutes!The Southern League Cup was a success as we beat Walton Casuals 7-1 to move onto the next round which is pleasing.

Five games in December,three in the league,one in the FA Trophy and one in the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing Worksop,Sutton Coldfield and Thame,we will be top whatever happens but I would like to see some improvement in defence.In the FA Trophy we will be facing Worthing,They are flying high in their first season in the sixth tier,they currently occupy a playoff spot so it will be a tough match but it could be a cracker.In the Southern League Cup we are facing Gosport,they are a mid-table team in the league above,we should be able to beat them but with a recent defensive problems,anything can happen,I would prefer to progress in both cups as that will give us some extra finances and also keep the board off my back.At least this month is quieter in regards to fixtures!

Youth Intake Preview 2021/22

GEo1sou.png?1

It looks like it is going to be a very poor intake,especially as points 2 and 3 could be fore the same person.If there players are rated at 2* PA or above then I will sign them as I will be needing the numbers to help fill the gaps in the u23's and u18's.

December 2021

Fixtures

n7USBQd.png?1

League Table

LYGNThi.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We won every game during the month,I didn't change anything between November and December so to see the defence play like they did in December makes me wonder what the hell happened in November.We sit at the top by eighteen points and with thirteen games left to play so it is firmly in our hands.We easily beat Worthing in the FA Trophy but we did have a helping hand as they decided to field a weakened team compared to their usual starting XI.The Southern League Cup was the most competitive and if we didn't finish our chances then we could have easily lost as it was only the finishing that won us the game as everything else was even.

Six games in January as we will be playing four league games,one in the FA Trophy and one in the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing Rugby,Berkhamsted,Biggleswade Town and Bedford,we will be top with whatever happens but we will be without our first choice keeper Dermot Mee who is joining Crusaders on the 1/1/22,I won't be signing a replacement as the loss we are making is down to appearance fees,the only way I will sign a goalkeeper is if we lose one of the current ones.In the FA Trophy we will be facing North Leigh,they are a tier 7 side but I am expecting them to take it more seriously than Worthing,they're a mid-table side so it will be interesting to see how we fare against a solid tier 7 side.In the Southern League Cup we are facing Halesowen Town,they are one of a few teams fighting for a playoff spot in tier 7 so it will be an entertaining affair as they are considered one of the biggest teams in their division.

January 2022

Fixtures

hxDxPla.png?1

League Table

A0jWLTz.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well there was good news,bad news and worse news in January.The good news was we won every game in January as we secured a playoff spot and have a twenty one point lead at the top with nine games to go.The bad news is that we were knocked out of the Southern League Cup by Halesowen as we failed in the penalty shootout,even though we were reduced to ten men early in the second half,we still had the better chances and really should of won.The worse news is that we lost Joe McGlynn at the end of January as he moved to League 2 side Crawley,he was our top scorer with 41 goals in 43 appearances so it is a big loss,we could also be losing Charlie Farr who is negotiating with Hereford and we cannot afford his demands!

Five games in February,four in the league and one in the FA Trophy.In the league we will be playing Yorkshire Amateur,Coleshill,Wisbech and Harrow,if we win two of these four games then I think we are the champions,we may have lost McGlynn up front but I am more than confident that O'Halleron and Campton-Sturridge will be able to step up to see us over the finish line.The big match for me is in the FA Trophy,we get to have a rematch against Halesowen,I'm out for revenge as losing on a penalty shoot out left a bitter taste in my mouth.My aim for the month is to get the league wrapped up and progress in the FA Trophy.

February 2022

Fixtures

PnObQxx.png?1

League Table

O5MsaJx.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well we won the league as we won all four league matches as we made it a third successive title win,am I confident of making it four in a row after this win?No I'm not as Halesowen are a tier 7 side who are in playoff contention,they knocked us out of the FA Trophy which mean they are the bane of my existence for this season as I lost out on more income due to them.The loss didn't affect morale too much as we won the league in the very next match so it was nice to get it done,now I will have to look at strengthening the team as the budgets for the current tier 7 teams dwarfs mine so it is time to start bargain hunting!

I'm going to do March and April into one update as we have five games left of the season.We will be facing Corby,Aylesbury,Welwyn Garden City,London Colney and Didcot.I'm not really bothered about the results as we have the title wrapped up so it is now just a case of finishing the season off.

Youth Intake 2021/22

The Intake

tTihjqS.png?1

Assistant's Top Prospect

CupTjVx.png?1

uVBejdV.png?1

The Top Prospect

KmXS6zF.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well it doesn't look great but maybe we have a possibility of dissension between the Head of Youth Development and Assistant Manager,the assistant manager thinks the worse potential player (according to the HoYD) is the top prospect.I'm going to sign them all anyway to flesh out the youth teams as they are pretty bare in both the u18's and u23's,with this I can start to separating the players better.Marlow looks like to have quite a bit of potential,if he can fulfill it then he could be as good as Adam Long who is our 4th choice DC.

Dual Nationalities

Arne Hanto -  Norwegian/English

Andrew Hayward - English/Irish

Ashley Lamb - English/Irish

Oscar Le Floch - English/French

Jamie Maguire - English/Irish

March/April 2022

Fixtures

wzPHVZ4.png?1

League Table

WvRfaMi.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

An excellent end to the season as we won all five remaining games to finish 27 points ahead of Yaxley who came in second.Unless I can make some major signings,I think we won't be anywhere near as dominant as this season.Also another positive is the attendance against Didcot in the last game of the season,that is our second highest league attendance we have recorded (Vs Cammell Laird in tier 10 is the highest with 579).Hopefully we can take this into next season to help with our falling financial situation.The only other thing to note is we signed all the youth candidates,we now have a below average u18 squad unlike the poor u23 squad!

End of Season update to follow then onto Tier 7!!!

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

BetVictor Division One Central - End of Season - 2021/22

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Three players were released as they hand no future at the club.Ten players left the club to join bigger teams,three of those who left actually only joined this season.Nine players came in as we strengthened the team to make sure we had the best chance to gain promotion like the board wanted,the downside is that three of these players decided to leave the club,think I should blacklist them so I won't have to see them at the club again....Yes I am that bitter!

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

BetVictor Division One Central - Winners

Cxvnd6i.png?1

We walked the league and never looked in danger of losing it either as we went to the top of the table on match day 2 and we never looked back.We set new records for the points and goals but I think this division is the last straight forward one as in the 7th tier,we will have to deal with teams relegated from the 6th tier.I would like to keep the majority of the squad from our league campaign as they have been quality and deserve a shot next season.

FA Cup - 1st Round

KSIxNzL.png?1

We beat North Greenwood,Leiston,Whitehawk,Skelmersdale,Chelmsford and Merthyr to reach the first round so it was another great run for the club.As for the first round itself,the gap between a struggling league one side and a top eight tier side is absolutely massive,we rarely made a threat against Tranmere and this match could have easily been 5 or 6-0 instead!To put into perspective,Tranmere finished 21st in Leaegue One so it is a huge gap between the two teams.

FA Trophy - 3rd Round

GeMzu9T.png?1

We beat Lincoln Utd,Worthing and North Leigh to reach the third round of the FA Trophy.In the match against Halesowen,they did edge the match and in the end they deserved to go through but it was annoying to get knocked out by them after they knocked us out of the Southern League Cup!

Southern League Cup - Quarter-Finals

mqT8jdT.png?1

We beat Didcot,Wimborne,Walton Casuals and Gosport to reach the quarter-finals.This was the more annoying of the two losses as they fielded a weakened side against us and even with ten men,we had more than enough chances to finish them off but we failed to do so.It eventually went to a penalty shoot out which we lost 6-5,what an annoying way to lose in this competition.Our record in penalty shoot outs is 1-3 so I think we need to practice a bit more!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

zMbOkgL.png?1

Key Players

Stephen Birch

Zidane Iqbal

Josh Askew

DJ Campton-Sturridge

Laurence Wootton

Manager's Thoughts

Well it was a tale of two Oswestry Towns,the one who dominated the league and met expectations in the FA Cup and the Oswestry Town who were knocked out of the other two cups before the boards expectations and left the board not too happy with me.The finances are in quite a poor stat but we have survived three seasons without dropping into the red so that is a plus,to try and avoid this I will only look to add two or three players to the team.My thought for this is if we can keep the players here for next season then two or three new players won't be too bad on the finances as we should have an average attendance increase which should even things out a bit,especially if we can get another cup run.If there are players leaving then I am ready for that as I've got shortlists for the areas that I could lose players in so it will be a case of like for like so in either way,I am ready for what is to come.The only other to note is that the chairman has survived this season,he still has a status of "happy to stay", so we could be reaching the bottom end of that but there hasn't been any takeover rumours yet.

As for next season,the only objective given regarding competitions is that we have to gain promotion by winning the league,that at this moment in time seems like a tough goal as I have no idea what division we will be in or who I will be facing and after facing Haelsowen this season,even the teams who weren't relegated are strong enough to cause problems.I'm absolutely fine with the club culture as that is the style of football I like to play,they have given me a bit more room to work with regarding culture as the sign players under 23 for the first team is no longer there and that could work in favour for me.I do believe the hard work starts now as Tier 7 should be a lot more competitive but I would like to make it to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup as that will help with the Finances.Here's to you Oswestry,you'll one day be the biggest team in Oswestry!

R4tbM5U.png

Edited by B.W.G

Tycoon Watch

England

Norwich City - Takeover Date:30/4/21 - Relegated last season in 18th position,not even a 34 year old loan signing Karim Benzema could help them avoid relegation.

QPR  - Takeover Date:30/4/21- Came 8th last season which was an improvement on the 11th the season before.Will get a tycoon takeover next season against Norwich.

Farsley Celtic - Takeover Date:30/4/22 - They finished 8th in the Vanarama National League North,now I know why they are suddenly interested in the majority of my team!

Grimsby Borough - Takeover Date:1/5/22 - A tycoon takeover for a club in the 9th tier and they have gone Full time as well,if they can get the right players then they will shoot up the leagues!

Spain

Malaga C.F - Takeover date 21/12/21 - Finished 7th in LaLiga Smartbank,they narrowly missed out the playoffs by five points.Could be one to watch as they don't seem afraid to spend.

C.E. Manacor - Takeover Date:4/6/22 - The most recent takeover,they finished 6th in their 4th tier group and they have just turned Professional.

Italy

N/A

Germany

N/A

France

Union Sportive Raonnaise - Takeover Date:4/6/20 - Finished in 10th place in the first season back in the fifth tier,they were 15 points ahead of the relegation zone but 28 points behind first.

Gazelec FC Ajaccio - Takeover Date: 7/6/20 - Finished 4th last season in the Championnat National,missed out on promotion by four points.

9 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Is there a screen where tycoon takeovers are listed? How do you gather this information?

There's two ways to do it,the long way and the messy way.

The long way is just checking the landmarks of each club while the messy way is subscribing to each league you have loaded as you'll be able to see any takeover news in the social feed,normally it's just rumours but it gives you an idea who will be having a takeover in the future so I keep an eye on it that way.

2 minutes ago, Kingofcm03 said:

Maybe only 120 goals then?

My aim is 110 goals,got to let the players settle in.I only have one striker (O'Halleron) and one MR (Steels) left from last season,luckily I still have the same central midfield from last season. 

vjwiKyf.jpg?1

BetVictor Premier Division South - Pre-Season - 2022/23

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

No one was released as I wanted to keep as much as the team as possible as we had a decent depth.Five players left to join other clubs,I was quite gutted about all five leaving as they were all first team players but I couldn't afford their demands so off they went.Six players joined during pre-season but we did sign two others at the end of last season so that brings the total up to eight,the team should be good enough to fight for the top spot.No real stand out players this time as the majority bought in were all around the same quality.

Pre-Season Fixtures

4ebicIQ.png?1

Nothing too out of the ordinary,all the teams we faced were smaller reputation teams as all I wanted was to get match fitness up as well as keep the morale up.I'm not the type of person to arrange friendlies to gain more money,if we go into the red then that's my fault as I don't want to make it too unrealistic.

The Team

zFed9fV.png?1

jMb3NR2.png?1

Zidane Iqbal

Lewis Warrington

Neil Collier

Freddie Hinds

Owen Beck

Manager's Thoughts

It was quite a tough pre-season with regards to signings,we bought in eight overall but I only think Freddie Hinds and Lewis Warrington will be able to reach the heights of some of those we lost during pre-season.This season was more squad building so we have depth to the team if we lose players to injuries and suspensions.We only have four players in the media dream XI which is a first as usually we have over the team from that and with the odds being so close,it looks like it could be a competitive season which would be a first as we ran away with the title in the last few seasons.I think we also haven't been helped with the fact that we can only offer £350 per appearance on a non-contract,every play we lost is earning more than that and we simply couldn't afford the better players as they were demanding £500 appearance fee which is way more than we could offer.

The board have been demanding in the league but not as demanding in the cups which is quite strange.They want us to gain promotion by winning the league which maybe a bit tricky as there are several good teams in the league,the big three being Telford,Scarborough and Staines but even teams like Weston-super-Mare,Bath and St.Neotss cannot be underestimated as they should be challenging for a playoff spot.As for the cups,they want us to reach the 3rd qualifying round in the FA Cup,third round of the FA Trophy and they don't care about the Challenge Cup.We should be able to meet the expectations in the cups as they have been lowered while the league will probably need to be passed successfully as it has a required importance.We do have a busy start to the season with nine games so hopefully the players will settle in quickly.

Edited by B.W.G

August 2022

Fixtures

04dyUBb.png?1

League Table

nCeOsfp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a mixed start as we picked up seventeen points from twenty four as we finished the month in third in which we sit four points behind Chippenham but we do have a game in hand on them.If you noticed,we struggled against the bigger teams in the league while thrashing the lower teams,it is early days but I am pretty confident we can turn things around although we have already dropped the same amount of points as we did in the entirety of last season.As for the FA Cup game,it was a routine win over Paulton as they never really threatened us and we had the better of the game and easily could have scored more as we moved onto the next round.

Another eight games in September,seven of these are in the league and one is in the FA Cup.We actually kick the month off with the FA Cup match as we face eighth tier side Felixstowe,this is the first qualifying round and the board want us to reach the third so a win is really important as it means progression and some more money for our ailing finances.In the league we will face Truro,Weston-super-Mare,Dorchester,AFC Rushden & Diamonds,Alvechurch,Bath and St.Neots,this is a much tougher run than last month and I think we need to up our performances against the bigger teams,I would like to close the gap if possible as I want to stay in touching distance at worst but ideally finishing the month top would be great.

September 2022

Fixtures

USQBTfj.png?1

League Table

sYNXoyr.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

What a frustrating month this was,we picked up ten points from eighteen as we finished the month in fifth which is the last playoff spot but we are the top scorers by a mile!We are only four points behind Weston-super-Mare but at the same time we are three points ahead of Scarborough who sit in eighth so it is a very close league so far.As for the two FA Cup games,we had no problem against Felixstowe and AFC Sudbury,so I am pleased to have reached the third qualifying round.I'm in a unusual position as we are not running away with the league,this league is the most competitive I've been in and I've not even managed to reach first yet but there is still many twists and turns left as we have 28 games left to play in the league stage.

Eight more games in October,six are in the league,one in the FA Cup and one in the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing AFC Telford,Wingate & Finchley,Dorking,Staines,Chippenham and Hayes & Yeading,I want us to improve our performance a bit and would like to see us hit the top spot at some point,both Telford and Chippenham will be difficult games as they are both among the top teams in the league but we need to get results against these sort of teams if we want to win the league.In the FA Cup,we have a home tie against Alvechurch,we've already faced them in the league at home and won 5-1 so I am pretty confident we will get through,I would like to get through as I want the money to help with the finances.We kick off our Southern League Cup campaign with a trip to Bristol MF,the board don't care but I think it is a real chance of a trophy so I will be putting a strong team out as I want us to progress in it.

October 2022

Fixtures

w9V1q1V.png?1

League Table

NDBd5pF.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Things picked up as we went through October unbeaten but we're still six points behind Weston-super-Mare although we do have two games in hand on them so there is plenty to play for.In the league we picked up thirteen points from fifteen as we dropped points against Wingate & Finchley of all teams,we did have a bit luck at the end of the season as a own goal helped us beat Dorking while Hayes & Yeading were reduced to ten men just before half time and we took advantage of that in the second half.Impressive performances in the cup as we won both FA Cup games to reach the first round while we kicked off our Southern League Cup campaign with a fantastic 4-1 over Bristol MF.

November is another busy month as we play eight times,six in the league,one in the FA Cup and one in the Southern League Cup.We kick the month off with the biggest match of  the month as we travel to League 2 side Morcambe,they're sitting in the bottom half of the table (18th) so an upset could be on the cards as they have been struggling.In the league we will be facing Halesowen,Chippenham,Dorchester,Poole,Hungerford and Swindon S,my aim is to keep chasing down Weston-super-Mare and if I can take the top spot then that will be a bonus as the board want us to win the league.In the Southern League Cup we will be travelling to Sutton Coldfield,they are in the tier below and are struggling in 14th,I'm not going to underestimate them as this is our best chance of silverware this season so I will be playing a strong team.

November 2022

Fixtures

Hbk20Ao.png?1

League Table

GQuUArP.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The big news for me is that we finally kept a clean sheet and it was the first time in eleven games we had done so!In the league we picked up ten points from fifteen as we finished the month in 4th,we are currently five points behind Weston-super-Mare but we do have two games in hand on them so we are definitely in the title chase.As for the cups,I am over the moon with how we played in the FA Cup as reached the 2nd round before losing to a deserved late winner against Mansfield,that has helped our balance a bit but the projections still don't look too good.We also progressed in the Southern League Cup,it was a easy tie but I was disappointed with conceding as Sutton Coldfield didn't even deserve that goal.

The games keep coming in December as we play seven more times,five games are in the league while we have one in the FA Trophy and one in the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing Bedworth,Hungerford,Tauton,AFC Rushden & Diamonds and Staines,my aim is to keep chasing Weston-super-Mare down as the board are disappointed with the performance in the league so far.In the FA Trophy we will be facing Felixstowe,we need to win this as the board want us to reach the third round so we need to win the next two games in the competition.The other game sees us face Bromsgrove Sporting in the Southern League Cup,they are a mid-table side in the central division so they are in the same tier as us,I want us to win the competition as it is our best chance of silverware this season.I also want to bring in defenders as our defence has been quite bad,they're wasn't anyone who could improve the team available in November so hopefully December will be different!

Youth Intake Preview 2022/23

3kqSlTw.png?1

It looks to be a very poor intake according to the preview,fingers crossed the wingers are good though as I can do with them in the team as they're doesn't seem to be too many who currently good or have good amount of potential.Wouldn't mind either of the options as it would help out massively.

Edited by B.W.G

World Cup 2022

Holders: France

Group Stages

ZxrEF7p.png?1 CWLKaHX.png?1

2nd Round

q6NC31N.png?1

Quarter-Finals

HbvWHXL.png?1

Semi-Finals

NzbV1EG.png?1

3rd Place Playoff

693cU2I.png?1

Final

ugHOZaY.png?1

Thoughts

Spain clinched number two for World Cup wins but the big talking point of the tournament was the impressive run of the USA,to beat Brazil on penalties in the 3rd place playoff was astounding especially as they were reduced to ten men late in the second half and were somehow still the better team in the game!This World Cup also saw debuts of Qatar (Hosts),Uzbekistan and Guinea,all three would come at the bottom of their group with a -10 goal difference.

December 2022

Fixtures

CtPEV8u.png?1

League Table

91hbWQx.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Matchday 26,we finally get to the top of the table and then we throw it away with a bad ending to December,god damn it!In the league we picked up eight points from fifteen as we ended up finishing the month in second and we currently sit four points behind Weston-super-Mare with thirteen games to go.For the games we dropped points in,I was most annoyed at the Staines match as it was poor officiating that cost us,we had two goals disallowed but the second one was onside but due to not having VAR,we ended up drawing instead of winning.As for the cup matches,everything went smoothly as we progressed in both the FA Trophy and the Southern League Cup.

The games are finally starting to slow down as we only play six times in January,four are in the league while we also have a game in the FA Trophy and the Southern League Cup.In the league we will be facing Totton,Scarborough Athletic,Truro and AFC Rushden & Diamonds,we're back in chasing mode as we are four points behind the leaders,I feel we are capable of winning at least eight points from these four but ideally we need more as Weston-super-Mare have been brilliant so far.In the FA Trophy we are facing Northwich,I want to win this game as it means we would have met the boards expectations and I feel we have the quality to do so,I will be fielding a strong team as the games are starting to ease up.In the Southern League Cup we are facing Banbury,they are currently 21st in the Premier Division Central,like the FA Trophy match I will be fielding a strong team as I want to progress as I feel like we can win this competition.

January 2023

Fixtures

2yNt1Lp.png?1

League Table

b4hDmBN.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a tale of two stories in January,the league story and the cup story.In the league we won every game and we finally hit the top spot after the 7-1 win over AFC Rushden & Diamonds,I have been that focused on catching Weston-super-Mare up that I didn't realize that Bath have kept up pace with us and actually overtook both ourselves and Weston-super-Mare but have played a game more,with not long left to play,there is still time for many twists and turns.Now onto the cups,I couldn't even make this up if I tried,for both games,we started off well then had a man sent off and then the opposition took full advantage of the numbers.For this to happen in successive games was really annoying.We also had some dealings during the month,Charlie Cresswell left to join Barnet u23's and we bought in Ben Barclay who played the same role as Cresswell and there isn't much difference in ability between the two.

Four games in February and this is the month that will make or break us as we play both Weston-super-Mare and Bath during the month,we have home advantage in both game so hopefully that will give us a slight edge but I really want to get that top spot back as I need to please the board by winning the title,my contract is up in June and the board haven't offered me a new contract as my performance this season has been disappointing.We also have league games against Alvechurch and Poole,we've already beat Alvechurch twice this season and I want to make it hat-trick.As for the Poole match,a win is vital as we have to be winning these sort of matches if we are to give ourselves the best chance as possible to win the title.My aim for the month is ten points,a bit ambitious but with weaker teams remaining after February,I think we are able to afford one slip up.

February 2023

Fixtures

Y2o21zG.png?1

League Table

pFu00xD.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a good month as we picked up nine points which included wins over Weston-super-Mare and Bath but we also somehow lost to Alvechurch!These results mean we sit top going into the final month of the season but with only five points separating ourselves and fourth place Truro,it is still far too close for my liking but this season makes up for the lack of challenge in the previous seasons which is what I wanted.Glad to see the attendances for the bigger games has increased and hopefully that will continue as we are leaking a lot of money now.

We play our final five league games in March as we enter squeaky bum time due to how close it is in the league.We finish the campaign off with games against St.Neot's,AFC Telford,Wingate & Finchley,Dorking and Chippenham.We have a couple of easy games in that lot but we also have a difficult game against Telford as well.On paper,Bath actually have the easier run in of the four as Truro and Weston-super-Mare have to face each other during the run in and that could eliminate one of the teams in the title chase.My aim is to finish at the top as that would make sure we avoid the playoffs and would also keep the board happy as the want us to win the title.At least I've got a new contract signed which would cost the board money to sack me as I've just signed a new contract!

The Title Race

0gOzRMF.png?1

Looking at the remaining fixtures of the five involved in the title race,it should be between ourselves and Bath as we both have a easier run in then the other three teams,Alvechurch are pretty much out of the race while Truro and Weston-super-Mare have to face it each other and that could cause one of the teams to leave the race.Thankfully if it does come down to goal difference then we are safe in that aspect.