Sports Interactive Community
Wigmore

Studying for coaching badge possibly stuck

Summary: Changed jobs whilst in the middle of studying for a coaching badge, now it appears I am stuck studying for the badge for all eternity.

Description of Issue: I started studying for a coaching badge whilst managing a club. Mid-way through my studies I was offered and took a job at another club. It seems that now I'm stuck studying for the badge as the time passed has (I think) well exceeded what would have been expected for me to finish the course, and I can't request to start a course as the game obviously thinks I'm currently doing one. Has switching jobs mid-course caused a bug where I can no longer complete the badge?

Steps to Reproduce: Change jobs whilst studying for a coaching badge.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloudI uploaded a file, it's got my real name in it so I have to asterisk part of it since this is a public forum :D - it's called N*** C***** - Unemployed.fm - if you need the actual name of the file feel free to PM me.

Edited by Wigmore

15 hours ago, Wigmore said:

Summary: Changed jobs whilst in the middle of studying for a coaching badge, now it appears I am stuck studying for the badge for all eternity.

Description of Issue: I started studying for a coaching badge whilst managing a club. Mid-way through my studies I was offered and took a job at another club. It seems that now I'm stuck studying for the badge as the time passed has (I think) well exceeded what would have been expected for me to finish the course, and I can't request to start a course as the game obviously thinks I'm currently doing one. Has switching jobs mid-course caused a bug where I can no longer complete the badge?

Steps to Reproduce: Change jobs whilst studying for a coaching badge.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloudI uploaded a file, it's got my real name in it so I have to asterisk part of it since this is a public forum :D - it's called N*** C***** - Unemployed.fm - if you need the actual name of the file feel free to PM me.

Hey Wigmore - Does seem like it is stuck. Do you have a save game just before you change clubs though? I've tried the exact same (manage one team, start badge, change team) and it seemed to complete properly. 

2 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey Wigmore - Does seem like it is stuck. Do you have a save game just before you change clubs though? I've tried the exact same (manage one team, start badge, change team) and it seemed to complete properly. 

I don’t think I do unfortunately. That being the case, is there a way it can be un-stuck in my save, as such? :) 

18 hours ago, Wigmore said:

I don’t think I do unfortunately. That being the case, is there a way it can be un-stuck in my save, as such? :) 

I'm not aware of any way to stop a coaching badge once it has begun so I don't think there will be a way unfortunately. I'm still trying to get this to repeat for me so we can solve this bug going forwards. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I'm not aware of any way to stop a coaching badge once it has begun so I don't think there will be a way unfortunately. I'm still trying to get this to repeat for me so we can solve this bug going forwards. Thanks. 

OK thanks, please keep me updated if you manage to replicate it, obviously keen to get it fixed on my game :) 

Failing that, is there a way to edit the coaching badges in the in game editor? If so, is there a way I can enable it for this save? I didn't enable it at the start of the save.

16 hours ago, Wigmore said:

Failing that, is there a way to edit the coaching badges in the in game editor? If so, is there a way I can enable it for this save? I didn't enable it at the start of the save.

I actually don't think there is. Which is possibly something we should implement. 

40 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I actually don't think there is. Which is possibly something we should implement. 

Ok. Please keep me updated if you find a way to fix this - even if it’s just a one time ad hoc amendment to my own save.

To be honest without a fix my save has become kind of pointless I think, as I won’t be able to progress effectively without relevant coaching badges, which is frustrating as I’ve already put a lot of time into it :(