All Out Attack but yet not a single shot???

Starting to get very frustrated with my team not creating enough chances. Playing away to Hull, first half I'm 6/2 shots whilst Hull are 0/0. 5 mins into second Hull take the lead with their first shot. I then go all out attack (3-4-3) for the remaining 40mins hoping to either get an equaliser then a winner or risk conceding again. Instead nothing happens!!! No shots, no chances, nothing, for either side!! How can that be? Happened again at Blackburn when I went all out attack but couldn't create a single chance. Midfield consists of Downing, valencia, Emerson and Di Maria, strikeforce Alves, Cardozo and Hulk.

Can someone give me some tips about what my attack tactics should be? (direct/short passing, tempo, creative freedom, closing down???)

I'm also playing as Boro, using a 4-4-1-1. I find most of my good attacks build slowly from midfield. It's possible you're going too direct and just playing it up to unsupported strikers. You also want at least one midfielder playing more defensively, even in attacking formations. What's your possession like? I can see a 3-4-3 having problems keeping the ball and moving it into danger zones.

Starting to get very frustrated with my team not creating enough chances. Playing away to Hull, first half I'm 6/2 shots whilst Hull are 0/0. 5 mins into second Hull take the lead with their first shot. I then go all out attack (3-4-3) for the remaining 40mins hoping to either get an equaliser then a winner or risk conceding again. Instead nothing happens!!! No shots, no chances, nothing, for either side!! How can that be? Happened again at Blackburn when I went all out attack but couldn't create a single chance. Midfield consists of Downing, valencia, Emerson and Di Maria, strikeforce Alves, Cardozo and Hulk.

Can someone give me some tips about what my attack tactics should be? (direct/short passing, tempo, creative freedom, closing down???)

You should always turn on full match highlight and observe the flow of the game. What happened during that 40 minutes? Did your players throw away the ball by mindlessly flinging it forward? Did Hull employ a 'parked bus' tactic in front of their goal? Did they do a full press on your players?

"All out Attack" is not nearly enough to turn the game around. You would also need:

- Close Down all over the pitch;

- Higher Def Line;

- Higher Tempo;

- More Direct passing (Though not necessary, but in most cases);

- Wide;

- Forward Runs often for all players except GK, 2 DCs and STs;

- Cross often for FBs;

That's a typical bundle. You may need to vary it a bit depending on your specific team/formation. I would also add hard tackling, if you have relatively good players.

And remember - there is always a drawback. You are quite likely to be caught on break.

Cheers lad. Some interesting points here.

I'm also playing as Boro, using a 4-4-1-1. I find most of my good attacks build slowly from midfield. It's possible you're going too direct and just playing it up to unsupported strikers. You also want at least one midfielder playing more defensively, even in attacking formations. What's your possession like? I can see a 3-4-3 having problems keeping the ball and moving it into danger zones.

I've been hearing from a lot of people that 4-4-1-1 is the new 4-4-2. My Ass Man keeps telling me to play direct football but its not leading to anything. Usually averaging 48-56% possession per game. I only played the 3-4-3 cos I was a goal down. Cheers...

Personally i dont like 4-4-1-1 but thats just me, i think as with all things in FM it totally depends on the players you have at your disposal, your form, your players overall moral, size of the pitch and a myriad of other factors.

Not belittling anyones tactics here just its not often an UBER tactic is found which works for everyone.

As for going 'All out attack' ive always found in previous version that its totally pointless as well, youd be better off as someone else said watching say the last 20 mins on full highlights and seeing whats going wrong and tweaking each player/unit as required.

Archived