Sports Interactive Community

Sick of this game to be honest. I'm playing as Deportivo La Coruna, not the best side in the Spanish second division but one that should be challenging for the league. I'm playing a 4-4-2 diamond and my strikers have scored 9 goals between them in 30 games. I could have picked a number of PMKs, but I've chosen this one. For every goal they score they will miss another dozen chances over a couple of games. It's not good enough and is affecting my progress in the game big time. Please do something about this issue, as I know for a fact that I am one of many who are becoming extremely upset with FM20. 

Deportivo de La Coruña v Elche.pkm

Totally agree with you, unfortunately. Just removed the beta and waiting for the "real" patch as the improvements are not good enough and ME is still very annoying. How long we have to wait for a satisfying improvement? Till the end of February? This game needs a hotfix asap and hope it comes very soon.

We're continuing to work on conversion rates, thanks for taking the time to post here. 

The improvements in this public beta are very much welcomed. I think SI have done a great job as I realise changes to the match engine are very difficult to make. A few points though:

1 One on Ones look OK now. I have also noticed a welcome number of 6 yard box scrambles where there are shots, clearances and more shots etc and you have got the right balance of conversions to goals. It reflects a real game.

2 Not sure that team instructions in relation to crossing are quite there yet. Whipped crosses don't seem to occur, neither do low crosses. Difficult to say if float crosses or mixed crosses are adhered to.

3 Individual instructions are noticeably improved but still not quite there. For example shoot less does not seem to take effect, but then players often ignore instructions in real life. Hold position does not seem to work as well as I would like, and whilst I agree it can be affected by team instructions and tactics I think it needs tweaking.

4 Short passing / long passing could also do with accentuating a little.

5 Finally please look at shouts. Encouraging a team or telling them to tighten up etc should not result in 'frustrated by feedback' or 'overwhelmed by feedback'. They only seem to like 'demand more' and 'praise'. 

I have not enclosed PKMs as all these happen over several games and many are perceptions of how the whole game has been played.

A few more tweaks and I think you are there.