Sports Interactive Community

Tried to loads FM this evening and it opened as usual to the load pages - got to the Kick Out Racism page and then crashed. Did it again and again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. 

Running on a Macbook Pro. Never had any previous issues, this is first crash I've ever experienced.

Can you follow the steps below and see if they help, please.

Also occurs with FM18. This seems to be a Steam issue as that also crashes and has to be restarted. Possibly a Steam update causing this? I’m also using a MacBook Pro and haven’t experienced crashes like this before.

Can you make sure the integrity of the game files are verified, please.

Integrity of files validated on FM18, 19 and 20. Still the same issue. The game crashes, along with Steam about 10 seconds into start up.

Yeah, I would recommend contacting steam support and see if they can offer any solution.

If its only just started happening then I doubt it will be the game as we haven't released any update. 

Still, could you try switching across to the public beta and see if that crashes too?

Does it happen with other games outside of the FM series?

I switched to the beta, same problem.

When I switched back there was a small update to FM20 and when I started the game it took me further in the start up but before it got to the load game screen it just had a spinning wheel.

Ive contacted Sega but I’ll contact Steam too.

I only have the FM games playable on steam at the moment.

As if by magic, it is now loading! The load screen started as if the game had just been installed but my saves were still available.

Not sure what changed? I didn’t notice a steam update?

Very odd, but glad it's working for you now at least. 

I can only imagine switching back and forth triggered the game to reset, resolving the issue.

I can't do much else from my end unless it reproduces, but if it does let me know and I'll continue working on it.

Im now having this issue 20.2.3 on my MacBook Pro , been playing for a month with no issues and now every time i start game  it crashes quickly followed by steam !! exactly the same as above! very frustrating !!

Ive tried reinstalling both game and steam and neither have worked 

Can you create your own thread please, and let us know what methods you've used. 

We need individual threads so we can keep track of numbers and troubleshooting methods tried.