Addition of new teams

UKFA

I did a few experiments in FM17 where I created a new city in Scotland with a massive population (>500mil) to see if a new team would emerge from there. Spoiler, no. It would be interesting to have this, at least in the lower leagues, or emerging leagues like the MLS. Even just a basic [City/ Town Name] [United/ City/ Town/ Rovers/ Rangers] and the standard boring all blue or all red kits. It won't happen every season of course, but over the course of 100 years or something it's likely to happen at least once. Also I feel like population should be factored in more, I changed the population of Glasgow to 1000, and Elgin to >500 million, but it didn't have any effect on club attendances, whereas in real life population increase had a knock on effect in Livingston and Inverness, so I feel it could maybe be factored in better imo. Also it would prevent a small town team like St Albans randomly becoming the best team in England in long term experiments, which imo isn't realistic even with massive investment just because of the demographics. PS this is for FM17, the latest version I can run on my desktop, so apologies if this has been changed in later versions of the game or editor.

• 8 months later...