Sports Interactive Community

so i am getting these device error crashes during the matches.

I have to start the game via Geforce Exeprience and keep it running in the backround so the game is smooth but I am getting device erros here and there in public beta.

If i start the game normally I get lag even on medium , but GE has solved or became a worked around it.

FM 2020 v20.2.4.1336959 (2020.01.25 19.01.43).dmp DxDiag45.txt

11 minutes ago, The Threadstarter said:

so i am getting these device error crashes during the matches.

I have to start the game via Geforce Exeprience and keep it running in the backround so the game is smooth but I am getting device erros here and there in public beta.

If i start the game normally I get lag even on medium , but GE has solved or became a worked around it.

edit, i ussually have nvidia setting to max power and vertical synch on, in this case i didn't.

11 minutes ago, The Threadstarter said:

Also I did have custom ingame patch installed, which in combo with everything may have been too much for my card to handle, I dunno. Purely guessing. Will test it. I do have to starte the game via geforce experience to have no lag though.

But I once or twice had error hung even before installing but i dont remember exact circumstances.

I do get lag when clicking on players widget ingame, check their attriibutess f.e. during match.

By custom patch, do you mean skins/logos/facepacks etc? 

Start by removing them and seeing if the issue persists - as they are third party we cannot verify if they'll work with each individual system. 

Theres a chance the errors before installing them were unrelated, hopefully.

13 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

By custom patch, do you mean skins/logos/facepacks etc? 

Start by removing them and seeing if the issue persists - as they are third party we cannot verify if they'll work with each individual system. 

Theres a chance the errors before installing them were unrelated, hopefully.

no. i meant the lovely adboard patch. I am just guessing here.

To confirm are you referring to the advertisement board in matches, if so can you remove all custom graphics files and delete caches and preferences then try again, please?

Thanks.

On 28/01/2020 at 17:13, Jimmy Wong said:

To confirm are you referring to the advertisement board in matches, if so can you remove all custom graphics files and delete caches and preferences then try again, please?

Thanks.

I have removed custom ad patch and was fine for few matches, but I got another device error hung on public beta.

i am using custom skin but for the match overview i deleted the files a while back as i prefer default dark one. However if I cclick on the player widget the match gets heavy lag almost stops to a halt, say you wanna see player pop up profile.

running now on medium graphics so far so good (w crowd low, shadow and anti alias off)

i have to re -apply at first run the match during the match as if GE needs to readjust the graphics?

Game is smooth only with GE running in the background.

e

FM 2020 v20.2.4.1336959 (2020.01.29 17.15.36).dmp

Edited by The Threadstarter
adding crash dump file

Thanks for the info, to confirm are you having issue on the public beta version only and the normal version is running fine?

Also what do you mean by having GeForce Experience running in the background, can you be more specific so we can try and reproduce, please?

i have been on beta since its release, to the best of my recollection was fine before.

If I start the game via normal FM20 shortcut I get lag on medium and even flickering. Reinstalled drivers to no avail. However if I start the game through Geforce Experience AND keep it running in the background it runs smoothly. So the GE stays opened on the screen. If I close it lag returns. Go figure.

EDIT . just had another dump while goal was scored, with default darks skin, cleaned local cache and preferences

ma x power on and vertical synach enabled in nvidia settings

FM 2020 v20.2.4.1336959 (2020.01.29 18.17.59).dmp

Okay, we would suggest you to disable the v sync setting and see if it helps, please?

I had since not had any crashes, i think it might happen when I set it to high (render, mesh or texture) w shadows on low. I have now set vsynch off and start normally (not through GE and will test it too.

edit , I still have lag if I start it via FM 20 shortcut, also youtube video running in the background doesn't solve it as it does for some. Running the game via GE does, though.

- one thing that does stand out, it says game can't be optimized for FM 20 in the GE graphics settings. Fm 16 doesnt have that messagge.

Can you try reinstalling both the Nvidia graphics driver and the GeForce Experience programmes, please?