Sports Interactive Community

Hello, 

I'm receiving crash dump when I try to start a game. Game is freshly installed via steam. I have done every steps from: 

I tried to reinstal FM, update W10, disable windows antivirus, firewall, delete cache, check integrity - just I tried everything that was stated in help or in another theards in this forum. Nothing helps. Everytime game is starting, I can see few first screens but in the same time I get error message. When I click "ok", FM window disapear and that's all.  I'm attaching dxdiag and crash dump file. I don't know if it's important, but I get the same error when I try FM 20 Touch Can somebody suggest what can be a problem here?

FM 2020 v20.2.3.1330207 (2020.01.25 15.55.05).dmp DxDiag.txt

It's an issue we are aware of and have found a fix for, but it won't become available until the next update I'm afraid. 

In the meantime, could you try switching across to the public beta and see if it reproduces there?

Thanks for reply. I tried public beta, and I get the same error. 

Could you tell any, even approximate time, when this update can be apply? I just wonder, when I could play FM.

Edited by 157886

I'm afraid even if I did I couldn't disclose any potential dates for the patches. However, it should be sooner rather than later. 

Could you try deleting cache and preferences and see if that helps?

I done that already, didn't help (and all other steps from help, as described before).

Thanks for the update. I'm afraid in the meantime I can only ask for your patience, as soon as the update is ready we will release it.

Just two more questions. If this is an issue that you are aware, shouldn't that be checked in beta? I tried beta version also, and problem is still there. I'm afraid that next patch may not help here :( Second question: could you tell me with what this issue is related? Is this something with my hardware (graphic card etc.)? I may try to attach different parts of my PC if possible, to check if that resolve this issue for short time, before new patch will be released.

Hi, have you tried removing all FM20 related folders already? If you haven't please try the following:

First up, uninstall - so manually remove everything from these locations (would suggest backing up any saves first):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020 - you can remove this completely without issue
C:\Users\Your Windows Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 - if you have any saves in your cloud -> games folder back these up first
C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 - again backup any files in your games folder

Once these are all gone, uninstall and reinstall Steam as instructed here (pay particular attention to how to backup any other games if you have them installed via Steam via the 'Important!; section) - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9609-OBMP-2526

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Hello, 
I'm sorry but it does not work. It was stated before, that this is "known issue" and should be updated in next patch - my questions were about somethig else. 

The issue should be fixed as suggested by Kyle. As for your questions:

1.)  The potential fix was not made until recently after the public beta, and that's the reason why it is not included

2.) The problem seems to be a related to your folder location. Have you ever changed your Sports Interactive folders path?

Hi, 
I tried few (exactly: two) folder path for whole game - firstly I installed it on my "standard" hard drive, under steamapps  folder, second time I tried on my SSD drive (with windows), to check if that may help. But I didn't change path for AppData and Documents.

I finally found resolution for that. As you told me that there could be problem with path, I started game from steam with this option: 

And I don't have crash dump at startup. Finally :)