Sports Interactive Community
andychar

FMCU Joint Save

Holy **** guys what a comeback! I thought we had no chance! We're in the CL semi-finals!

wuymosk.jpg

The thing that worked was this strikerless monstruosity with several players out of position, such as Sykes as IW and Redmayne/Acheson as RWB. I'm gonna insist on this now.

CthquBl.jpg

The semi-final is against Guangzhou.

Edited by noikeee

Also I've just gone over the foreigners limit again.

dXFKYnT.jpg

qZPqgAn.jpg

Because he's such an amazing player he's worth bending the rules and having an unfairly low release clause of just 2M€, which will probably be activated as soon as he starts scoring. Btw he also plays in the exact two positions I just removed from the tactic :D so will have to be retrained, but I'm confident he'll destroy the league in whatever position.

We can register him in the league, my plan for the CL is to leave Barnes out of the squad and field the backup Ozzie goalie instead. However I'm not sure I still have the time to register him before the semi-final.

First leg. Not bad considering we were up against players of the caliber of Alderweireld and Paulinho, but we had the better chances and missed them all. Have it all to do in China now.

Unfortunately Stoke boy Steve Smith couldn't be registered in time, he'd be such an asset.

iptsotA.jpg

Edited by noikeee

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

First leg. Not bad considering we were up against players of the caliber of Alderweireld and Paulinho, but we had the better chances and missed them all. Have it all to do in China now.

Unfortunately Stoke boy Steve Smith couldn't be registered in time, he'd be such an asset.

iptsotA.jpg

I tried to improve youth, training facilities and junior coaching, youth recruitment as much as possible when I was there so I am glad you got some good youth players out of that intake.

Good luck in the next leg of the Champions League.

This really is a great bunch of youth, I particularly like the goalie and the winger.

5 minutes ago, noikeee said:

This really is a great bunch of youth, I particularly like the goalie and the winger.

That is good to hear, I hope you build a decent spine for the next person to take over.

To whomever sold this guy earlier, thanks, we're still making cash out of it.

rVRp23a.jpg

We're in the Asian Champions League final! It was a very ugly way to go through, we scored thanks to an owngoal in a corner, they had a glorious chance in the 93rd minute that could've kicked us, but we limped through.

iAu03fC.jpg

We're facing the Saudi Al-Hilal in the final.

Z1cxUgr.jpg

First leg of the ACL final...

HsY0t2t.jpg

An amazing day for Ziada-Belkety playing on the right wing role cutting inside, he tore their LB apart. The away goal we suffered near the end was unnecessary, but we're so close to being Asian champions now. Off to Saudi Arabia for the 2nd leg next.

Edited by noikeee

7 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Asian Champions!! It was never in doubt, Sykes scored an incredible solo goal on the break after a defensive corner, and from then on the Saudis would've had to score 3 just to tie everything.

OBnhbrY.jpg

gDXDL7s.jpg

I was looking forward to playing in the Club World Cup, but it's the new format now so that means it'll only be played in 2025. :( I'm not even sure we qualify.

Excellent stuff! We are now the Notts Forest of Asia!

3 hours ago, noikeee said:

To whomever sold this guy earlier, thanks, we're still making cash out of it.

rVRp23a.jpg

I don't know if it was me, but glad you are making money.

Well done for winning the AFC.

On 05/02/2020 at 18:44, andychar said:

Not going to lie lads...I forgot there was a wage cap....whoops.

:lol:

Well done on getting to the Playoff Finals @andychar:applause:

Decent season all round, (if we ignore the finances). :lol:

I'm just catching up with the thread now, so expect to see @Rikulecmove elsewhere. 

Well done on a 3rd place finish @Rikulec:applause:

Losing in that manner is very tough to take. 

Well done on sorting the finances. :thup:

On 14/02/2020 at 18:39, Ronaldo Beckham said:

No pressure on me then lol.

I am just going through pre-season, I have decided to bring some Brazilian flair to the Aussie league and signed the following Brazilian freebies

Hermanes - 37 year former Lazio, Inter and Juventus player, has 28 Brazil caps

Diego - 37 year old AMC/AML with 34 Brazil caps

Diego Tardelli - Another 37 year old, has 14 Brazil caps

Diego Alves - 36 year GK with 10 Brazil caps

Fred - Not the Man Utd midfielder thank god lol, 38 year old striker with 39 Brazil caps and 18 goals, also has 241 career goals in 500 plus appearances.

I also signed Colin Kazim Richards.

You know in football you have to... you know..... run about a bit? :lol:

On 15/02/2020 at 23:38, noikeee said:

Right this is gonna take me a bit of time to get a plan and make some sense out of this, I am very confused about this squad.

My idea was to try to transition from the previous manager, without trying to put too much of a personal take onto it, such as my Champagne football tactics etc which need a specific mould of player that might not suit the next manager. But I'm not seeing much in this bunch apart from a very strong midfield in Sykes and Clarke and Coyle. The attack concerns me because there's basically Hlophe's pace and not much else. I think I'm gonna just try to play as normal with my set of tactics and get on with it.

It seems as if we can only have 3 foreigners + 1 Asian and there's 6 non-Asian foreigners in this squad, main priority is to trim that down, sell the extra guys and search for Ozzie guys to replace them. There's 3 Ozzies already lined up to joing the team though, but 2 of them are central midfielders which is the area in which we already have loads of talent.

Good analysis. No criticism of anyone that's gone before, but I think this is the sort of thing we need to see more of, (especially in new leagues), so that we all learn. 

How and when did we sign Dillon Barnes? (product of the Barnet FC Academy). 

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

How and when did we sign Dillon Barnes? (product of the Barnet FC Academy). 

I think he was there when I did my season or I signed him somehow.

Well done on the Continental success guys.

51 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Steve Smith looks amazing. :eek:

I bet he will score hundreds........ :lol:

Give him some sand paper to file back the goal posts and he might.

Foreigner named "smith" not sure how that works.

Nicely done in the champions league! 

Real life is what slows me down though I wouldn't swap it for anything. My daughter is the best thing ever.

On 13/02/2020 at 16:08, kevhamster said:

LOL, and I thought my 2 seasons in 2 months was slow!

Still, we play at our own pace and are restricted somewhat by hardware.  I can complete a season much quicker with my current laptop than I could with my old one for example, purely because the processing is that much quicker.

Real life is what slows me down though I wouldn't swap it for anything. My daughter is the best thing ever.

Guys, this dipshit is talking crap about us.

ZEEDQFW.jpg

Mid-season report at the end of December...

CAowBJK.jpg

wMqHn0c.jpg

FYgao2H.jpg

pPxVR2x.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed with our league form. I thought the Champions League performances would translate to domestic superiority once we stopped rotating players in the league to have them fresh for the CL, but our recent results are poor. We're still well within the playoffs but I expected more.

In terms of player performance, sorted by attacking contributions (goals and assists)...

un5RabE.jpg

Steve Smith is starting to show a bit of his quality but it's not been quite the storm of tearing the league apart that I expected. Ziada-Belteky is top of the scoring charts largely thanks to the hat-trick in the CL final 1st leg. Lately I've mirrored the tactic left-to-right to accomodate Smith on his natural position on the left, Ziada-Belteky remaining on the right and Hlophe centrally. I think this is our better shape for goals but I'd still like more of them.

Edited by noikeee

Surely we had a hand on this...

X0VkRPP.jpg

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

Guys, this dipshit is talking crap about us.

ZEEDQFW.jpg

This guy is a stain on Football here in Australia. Why on earth hes at CCM...

I bought this kid for a silly 3.1K€ compensation.

08Rui2q.jpg

We now have way too many forwards (and I'm playing strikerless :lol: ) but the potential was too good. The plan is to loan him out for this year, it was part of the deal to hire him as a promise to him.

Edited by noikeee

This kid is gonna be great.

tdNYAVB.jpg

pNzl5WU.jpg

Will bet money he'll get called up or opt for his dual nation over Australia. 

Quick update of how things stand mid-February before I go to bed.

JtP0u9j.jpg

9H0O6ZF.jpg

nPXnMqW.jpg

I'm much happier with our recent form, we seem to be getting a bit of traction now. Scoring goals, getting clean sheets, it's all pretty nice. Two easy ties against a Thai team and a Vietnamese team helped morale though.

In tactical terms I've now introduced a mezzala and dropped "dribble less". This is how we're playing:

e65L4yN.jpg

Onto the current stats of this squad.

xh0WGuD.jpg

The next manager will probably want to trim down the size of this squad, I kinda went a bit over the top, specially given there's so many kids with potential. Some were already in the squad, some came through the youth intake, some I hired, but there's heaps of potential now, the issue is some of them overlap with each other. The rules can also be a little tricky, I goofed up now and gave Ristovski a professional contract after the registrations to the league had ended, so now he can't play in the league any more until the end of the season.

There's also the odd player I don't like and am not using but hesitated in selling such as Atangana. He's got talent, has been in the squad for a while, has performed when called upon, but has such a weird combo of skills, he's almost like a wide target man, a winger with 17 for jumping, 19 for leadership and not much else. He's also standing in the way of quite a few kids such as Ristovski, Dunn etc. Has got huge market value but nobody made a bid remotely near his value.

Stats-wise I highlighted what stands out so far:

- Stokeboi Super Steve Smith is now standing out for getting loads of assists instead of goals, 10 already. I have no idea why. I am playing him on support duty yes, but on my other career which had a similar tactic I had Piccolo scoring 22 goals in a season in that role.

- Another guy getting wonder numbers of assists is left-back Ben Garuccio. Love that guy, has been here for 4 seasons already, great signing whoever did that

- Highest average rating is centerback Harry Souttar who is on top of his game, has added a few goals on set pieces too.

- Top goalscorer somewhat surprisingly is still Ziada-Belteky on 7. I'd put money on Hlophe or Smith still overtaking him until the season ends.

End of the season I'll come back to these stats and post more screenies of our stars to get some context for those who don't recognise the names.

12 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I hear you.  I have three kids (well, the oldest one is about to turn 20 so isn't a kid as such any more lol), and they are my world.

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

There's also the odd player I don't like and am not using but hesitated in selling such as Atangana. He's got talent, has been in the squad for a while, has performed when called upon, but has such a weird combo of skills, he's almost like a wide target man, a winger with 17 for jumping, 19 for leadership and not much else. He's also standing in the way of quite a few kids such as Ristovski, Dunn etc. Has got huge market value but nobody made a bid remotely near his value.

This is quite an interesting point. 

I think what I will do when it's my turn is highlight why I don't like the player, and compare the relative strength of the squad in that position, and also why he doesn't fit into my side. Then i would ask advice of those coming after me on the list as to whether they would like to use him, (so loaning him out might be an option), or whether I should look to sell him and invest the money. 

In this particular case i think I would be playing him as a WTM simply just to get him in the team in order to create interest and generate a sale.

I think there has to be a balance between continuity with us as "seasonal Managers", and an overall long-term strategy, but with enough freedom for everyone to actually make their own decisions too. 

Taking note of what is said in the thread is great, but also hard, and I can't remember names even in my own save, (hence why I use nicknames), and I have just had to look back up and see the name Antangana because I couldn't remember the name of the player I was talking about. 

20 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This is quite an interesting point. 

I think what I will do when it's my turn is highlight why I don't like the player, and compare the relative strength of the squad in that position, and also why he doesn't fit into my side. Then i would ask advice of those coming after me on the list as to whether they would like to use him, (so loaning him out might be an option), or whether I should look to sell him and invest the money. 

In this particular case i think I would be playing him as a WTM simply just to get him in the team in order to create interest and generate a sale.

I think there has to be a balance between continuity with us as "seasonal Managers", and an overall long-term strategy, but with enough freedom for everyone to actually make their own decisions too. 

Taking note of what is said in the thread is great, but also hard, and I can't remember names even in my own save, (hence why I use nicknames), and I have just had to look back up and see the name Antangana because I couldn't remember the name of the player I was talking about. 

Yeah that was a part of why I didn't want to just sell him straight away, as I probably would if I was managing long-term - the next manager might find him useful and less misfitting of their tactical ideas.

I tried to adapt tactically to the squad and not commit too much to a tactical vision, but in search of results I've ended up drifting more and more to my personal style tbh. A wide target man is too alien for my style to fit. He's also ahead of a few quality kids so I'm not that bothered to try to fit him in.

That balance between the short-term personal goals, and the long-term of staying open to what the next manager might do, is indeed the most interesting part of this challenge IMO. But I'm also trying not to overthink things and just play and enjoy my season. It's been a lot of fun actually. :) 

1stly Muscat needs to get a wig, or some polish, make a choice!

And Souttar our centre back looks a bit unlucky to be caught mid bowel movement when his picture was taken!

closing in on my turn! starting to get nervous!! 

35 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

How are you getting on @noikeee ?

Didn't have time to play any more yesterday, maybe tonight a bit. 

41 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Didn't have time to play any more yesterday, maybe tonight a bit. 

Ok cool, I am enjoying seeing how you are doing with this.

Just made a pretty big sale, the first mildly decent fee we get for a player this year:

n35aPeg.jpg

2Uu0l8J.jpg

I didn't really rate him, he was cover for LB and occasional cover for midfield and that's it. Quite like this fee for him, I think we mugged them. The only issue is that LB is a pretty bad position for us beyond the starter Ben Garuccio, who incidentally is injured right now. There's another guy Justin Chipperfield but I don't rate him at all.

This puts the finances back up to positive which had plunged into the negative numbers recently:

cWH9uXG.jpg

Another mini update at the end of March.

iODuETg.jpg

8oDdbhh.jpg

tXrweiI.jpg

I'm a little disappointed. We were recovering ground at great pace, we were on a 14 match unbeaten run (10 in the league, 4 in the ACL), but then we've just crashed and burnt in the last 2 matches against the top 2 in the league. It looks like we might have to settle for 3rd place in the regular season domestically - and if we miss out on the top 2 we start the playoffs in the quarter-finals instead of the semi-finals.

In the ACL it all feels much easier and we're on a 100% win ratio. I'm not entirely sure why the Ozzie league is that much harder, I look at the players I'm coming across in the ACL and they often seem of a superior level? I don't quite get it.

We've also been struggling a little with some injuries here and there, nothing major but for example we had a few weeks without LB Garuccio who is key and without any good cover, now Shadow Striker Hlophe is out for a month which is a huge loss, he's risen in the goalscoring charts to become our top scorer with 11.

To whomever hired goalkeeper Diego Alves earlier as our player. He's been having an "amazing" career as a manager in Australia. Lasted 2 months and 3 days as manager of Melbourne City.

OjPDv1X.jpg

Edited by noikeee

Ffs, all our regens have changed faces after the update, I don't recognise them now. :lol: