FMCU Joint Save

andychar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, wynter said:

Remembered a few awesome Yute Prospects for Mexico @Rikulec any particularly nice ones coming through that we can use for the WC/Next few years?

We definitely have some very, very good young players available!

These ones I regularly call up for the senior team:

oxjvoGn.jpgJ9hOaee.jpg5XATTjm.jpgUmz1ZIt.jpg

These play for the U23 team:

IhLEQ1A.jpgDqb8yXc.jpgJ2YiRBP.jpgLBMlALh.jpg

And we also have a couple of decent Mexican prospects at Nashville:

BsxbLT2.jpgxlBBggk.jpg

17 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

congratulations!

though I am starting to worry this kind of success puts the pressure of moving into my season! 

Thanks! And don't worry, I'm sure you'll do well. ;)

Alright, so the regular season's over now. Let's see...

...but first, the US Open Cup...

f3tzPO0.jpg

...where we fell at the first hurdle in a very, very disappointing fashion. We missed a penalty, they got a last gasp equaliser playing with 10 men and, well, you can all see what happened.

TaWT4MR.jpg

E9B5km7.jpg

n2LCfaX.jpg

We nearly went the half-season unbeaten, that game against FC Dallas was a horrible day at the office. Still, we scored the most goals and conceded the least, equalling Seattle's record point tally from 2024 with a better goal difference (they had +27). Into the play-off semis we go!

Edited by Rikulec

Great job so far, now please win the MLS so I don't have to figure out how that all works. :lol:

giphy.gif

edit: actually wait, even if we win the MLS, we kind of need to go for the CONCACAF Champions League to then move on, don't we? It'd feel a bit incomplete otherwise.

Edited by noikeee

2 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Great job so far, now please win the MLS so I don't have to figure out how that all works. :lol:

giphy.gif

edit: actually wait, even if we win the MLS, we kind of need to go for the CONCACAF Champions League to then move on, don't we? It'd feel a bit incomplete otherwise.

It's actually quite simple once you get going. Remember you have the glorious virtual money and that trying to figure out the logic behind the schedule is pointless, you just have to accept what you get. :D

The play-offs are just around the corner, but first things first (I'm a terrible tease, I know).

MXr3BCn.jpg

J3EnyOL.jpg

mcuYcDr.jpg

We finished off the job in the World Cup qualifiers.

5UgvUkB.jpg

We also have this beautiful man joining us in December.

QGGxwSF.jpg

And our first choice goalkeeper is out for the play-offs. :(

In the Western Conference semis we've been drawn at home against Colorado. We beat them 2:0 twice this season, I'd be happy to do it again.

Yes, even as an MLS fan some of the mechanisms are quite strange.  There is Targeted Allocation Money(commonly referred to as TAM) - equal amounts given to each club - this money is only to be used for essentially buying down contracts that are over the DP threshold.  This allows you to reduce their contract under the DP level in order to open up space for another DP to come in - i.e. infusing more talent into the league.

General allocation money is allotted to clubs based on certain criteria but is essentially additional money to the salary cap via buying down contracts.  Just think of this one as excess funds to the salary cap.

Essentially the reason behind all of this was due to the history of American "soccer" - many leagues have founded and folded due to lack of financial restriction.  So, when MLS was founded, the way to preserve the financial viability and longevity of the league was to make measured investment and cap the spending, thus reducing risk and essentially guaranteeing that the league wouldn't fold.  As the league has grown, they've introduced mechanisms to increase the spending of teams(TAM/GAM/DP's/etc.) which allows a talent infusion but still lessens the risk of financial disaster.  Also, since the buy-in fee to the league is so high, the league, itself, takes on the financial risk by regulating salary cap and distributing allocation monies, rather than leaving it to the owners to invest their own money in the sides(obviously, the more money and owner has, the more they can invest into the team but the league makes sure that at least every team is on somewhat level ground, financially) and this also creates parity in the league.  

If anyone has specific questions about any of the mechanisms, I should be able to shed some light.  Anyways, good luck in the playoffs, @Rikulec!

1 hour ago, ranks39 said:

Yes, even as an MLS fan some of the mechanisms are quite strange.  There is Targeted Allocation Money(commonly referred to as TAM) - equal amounts given to each club - this money is only to be used for essentially buying down contracts that are over the DP threshold.  This allows you to reduce their contract under the DP level in order to open up space for another DP to come in - i.e. infusing more talent into the league.

General allocation money is allotted to clubs based on certain criteria but is essentially additional money to the salary cap via buying down contracts.  Just think of this one as excess funds to the salary cap.

Essentially the reason behind all of this was due to the history of American "soccer" - many leagues have founded and folded due to lack of financial restriction.  So, when MLS was founded, the way to preserve the financial viability and longevity of the league was to make measured investment and cap the spending, thus reducing risk and essentially guaranteeing that the league wouldn't fold.  As the league has grown, they've introduced mechanisms to increase the spending of teams(TAM/GAM/DP's/etc.) which allows a talent infusion but still lessens the risk of financial disaster.  Also, since the buy-in fee to the league is so high, the league, itself, takes on the financial risk by regulating salary cap and distributing allocation monies, rather than leaving it to the owners to invest their own money in the sides(obviously, the more money and owner has, the more they can invest into the team but the league makes sure that at least every team is on somewhat level ground, financially) and this also creates parity in the league.  

If anyone has specific questions about any of the mechanisms, I should be able to shed some light.  Anyways, good luck in the playoffs, @Rikulec!

Great post, cheers mate. :applause:

wn59Bjz.jpg

It definitely wasn't as dominant as the scoreline would suggest. Things got a bit nervy in the second half, especially after their goal, but that glimmer of hope caused them to open up and we tore them apart with two counter attacks.

WoonXN3.jpg

We beat them twice in the regular season, but those were two close games.

01YGQPm.jpg

We're through! It was a really ugly and controversial game to be honest. I wasn't sure we should have got our penalty as I felt the foul was outside the box, and then in the 92nd minute Michael Armstrong brought a Seattle player down inside our area and VAR only gave them a free kick. :D

i3R0NVR.jpg

We've only played them once and that game ended with a draw at our place. It's them or us, lads.

kK7S44n.jpg

Boom! An incredible performance to end the season with a sensational Perry Kane free kick to sum up our campaign brilliantly.

XThWxri.jpg

lVHqwah.jpg

We've won almost everything we could have, shame about the US Open Cup. I think it's been a great season and I've had a lot of fun managing both Nashville and Mexico.

We still have two friendlies left to play this year with Mexico, against Venezuela and Algeria, but I figured it would be better if I left them for @noikeee to allow him more room for experimentation ahead of the World Cup.

The save should be up in 15 minutes or so. Best of luck!

Great work @Rikulec!

Just loaded the save. I've got my tactics and will load them up as plans B and C, but am tempted to just stick to what we have as it's clearly working. But I'll study this better tomorrow.

What I see at first glance is some surprisingly strong players at Nashville for what I believed were the MLS standards, and Mexico... holy **** Alexis Tadeo is good.

YuqkxHN.jpg

:eek: :cool:

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great job @Rikulec

Thank you! :thup:

16 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Great work @Rikulec!

Just loaded the save. I've got my tactics and will load them up as plans B and C, but am tempted to just stick to what we have as it's clearly working. But I'll study this better tomorrow.

What I see at first glance is some surprisingly strong players at Nashville for what I believed were the MLS standards, and Mexico... holy **** Alexis Tadeo is good.

YuqkxHN.jpg

:eek: :cool:

I was surprised at the quality of the players in the MLS too, you'll see that especially some of the wingers other teams have are really good. And you're right, that Mexico team is beautiful. :cool:

Excellent work @Rikulec I knew it wouldn't take long to come and beat the MLS. 

Good luck @noikeee. Don't worry about the rules. Just stick to the salary cap and you can't really go wrong! Champions League will be interesting because historically its been Mexico's trophy.

11 hours ago, Rikulec said:

XThWxri.jpg

Also @Mandy42 ooooooo Quadruple....that's gotta sting just a little a bit.

So the quick update to keep everybody (including me) up to date.

1. Wynter 
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec 
  4. Noikeee <--------- We are here
  5. Mandy42 
  6. Jimbokav1971
  7. Makoto Nakamura 
  8. Smp20 
  9. Manutd1 
  10. Benjoe
  11. Deisler26  
  12. henri.melo00
  13. TheLutterworthFox
  14. Oldmangravz

So I think we are unoffically (very offically) going for the Pentagon Challenge. We have the UEFA Champions League and the AFC Champions League in the bag. Noikeee will be the first to have a crack at the CONCACAF Champions League. Obviously this is isn't set in stone and its very much up to the person in charge.

If you want adding let me know and you'll be added to the back of the list behind Oldmangravz.

If you want removing I will be giving you a dishonourable discharge and you will be removed from the list.

This starts great, I've just ruined @Rikulec's record of 100% wins this season for Mexico. :lol:

8ZU8Kio.jpg

I took over just before the Venezuela match, started with a win, was well on course to beat Algeria as well having gone 2 goals up but then they drew late on.

On the MLS front it looks like we're tight on wages so there may not be much going on. I'd get rid of Jesús Maria Aizpurua since he's paid more than twice the others in the squad and already aged 31, however if I learnt anything from Australia the last way the save was in my hands, he's a "designated player" therefore his wages come out completely outside the salary cap, basically a free player.

7CDmxMU.jpg

UDJEI0O.jpg

I must sell someone to free up salary cap allowance for striker Michael Galvan who is about to arrive, he's very good so completely worth it of course.

We're facing the ****ing cavalry!

15qKGwE.jpg

That's if we have enough players, I've sold Mr. Overpaid JM Aizpurua and we're still way above the salary cap, I think the game is considering his salary still as part of the cap! I did spend more money on wages that we were on, with a couple contract renewals and the arrival of new man Michael Galvan, but we're now down to 18 players and still above the cap.

Apparently there's some option to bribe MLS to give us more salary cap (seriously, I think it's "general alocation" money or something) but I can't find the button anywhere.

Fun.

Edited by noikeee

Oh, I've found where can we bribe the MLS, it's per player.

Z9pZdJL.jpg

Why did this player count 40K per month towards the cap? Absolutely no idea, he's not designated or anything. Nonsensical.

I hope you guys are enjoying my detailed "I hate the MLS, grrrrrrrr" posts.

Edited by noikeee

I actually managed to sign a player, in one of the multiple neverending drafts.

iGn7DiH.jpg

He shall now be retrained to RB. Given that, I might've, uh, sold our rightback due to salary cap concerns.

Did you extend Marquez's loan? Because when I brought him in, I figured a good way to manoeuver around the salary cap would be paying Flamengo a monthly fee instead of wage contribution. For some reason he was still making £1K p/w then, but even more bizarrely it didn't even count towards the limit. So yeah, figuring all this out can be tricky. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rikulec said:

Did you extend Marquez's loan? Because when I brought him in, I figured a good way to manoeuver around the salary cap would be paying Flamengo a monthly fee instead of wage contribution. For some reason he was still making £1K p/w then, but even more bizarrely it didn't even count towards the limit. So yeah, figuring all this out can be tricky. :lol:

Yes I renewed! They asked me for a sizeable monthly fee, I took the gamble it wouldn't count and it appears it doesn't.

I'm now trying to exploit the loans market and search for young players with very low wage demands.

2 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Yes I renewed! They asked me for a sizeable monthly fee, I took the gamble it wouldn't count and it appears it doesn't.

I'm now trying to exploit the loans market and search for young players with very low wage demands.

Good idea, but I think you should be careful with this because there's a limit for the number of players who don't count towards the salary cap. It should be on the squad registration page.

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

cjwdtm6.jpg

Ok which of you guys has been fining players 6 months of wages and telling them to run 30 miles at night as punishment for missed passes in training?

I told you not to question my methods! 3 days in the box for you! 

TLDR of the transfer window: we've hired the Garza brothers on loan for depth at the back and that's it.

IUA4zru.jpg

v2leAo0.jpg

xpQ3894.jpg

Squad looks like this now with a tentative starting 11:

ZKKe7YD.jpg

Season kicks off now as we meet the Cavalry.

i19nT38.jpg

We beat Canada's finest no problem, and are set to face Orlando City next. It's already the quarterfinals, wtf.

I started the first match with the 4-2-3-1 from last season but half-time I said **** it and went to my "champagne" tactics. I bet overall it'll perform worse because it really isn't suitable to this team (I'm playing LD Marquez the wonder Mexican winger adapted to a complete wingback role) but hey at least I feel like I'm playing the game here instead of being on automatic mode.

So apparently there was still another draft so I used it to get another crappy player - after finding another player to bribe MLS with to tone down salaries.

rcF5CX2.jpg

One of my tactics uses a IW on the left so we were a little short on that. Idk didn't really think much about it on the draft screen.

14 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I'm playing LD Marquez the wonder Mexican winger adapted to a complete wingback role

Last season I had to play him at LB due to injuries and suspensions and he did quite well there, he should adapt fine. :thup:

Aaaand another crappy backup player on some waiver thing.

PWedRbN.jpg

If I was smart I'd have not signed all of these backups and just spent the wage on 1 single good player. I may not be as smart as I think.

Onto the Champions League semi-finals. The first leg was tough and we were kinda lucky to draw 0-0 away, but on the 2nd leg we just smashed them with a Galvan hat-trick.

miHIBlP.jpg

America from Mexico next seems a tough draw. We'll try our best.