Sports Interactive Community
andychar

FMCU Joint Save

The first leg at the Nuevo Mestalla was everything I've come to dread.  The only good moment was when Ibanez flapped at a cross, like a blind David De Gea, allowing United to draw level, albeit temporarily.

But dreams are fragile things.  Prone to breaking, if you hold them too dear to your heart.

We will travel to Manchester with a narrow advantage.  

Perhaps I can find some release along the canals.

278ec67757885d5ab6c1defb9eef8827.jpg

if Benny thinks he has dark things lurking inside of him, he best not jump in the canal. True darkness plums those depths

A slow start but coming into fine form now. Up the bats! Love that you signed Vardic :D

5 hours ago, smp20 said:

A slow start but coming into fine form now. Up the bats! Love that you signed Vardic :D

He's been a huge signing!

Once the team started to gel, it came together. The quality was always there.  The question was simply whether we would get it sorted before the Board lost patience. 

You'd think I'd learn after doing this countless times in my own saves, but a squad culling is something I love to do...

7 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

if Benny thinks he has dark things lurking inside of him, he best not jump in the canal. True darkness plums those depths

Benny would probably enjoy that...

Had inquiries about these two players, thought others might be interested!

0701397d8147b53a021989c22509fff5.png 4e97b521fa30427a09da3878d42214ea.png

Just give a shout if you want to see anything else.

Posted (edited)

¡Hay liga!

820c1159a11899531829fe076b945ba1.png

Edited by ManUtd1
Formatting

708919e4881324636e91e116e63d521d.thumb.png.db20dbf1b9108c4f2cbd28f23c2de715.png

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

¡Hay liga!

820c1159a11899531829fe076b945ba1.png

Hello La Liga Indeed...

Posted (edited)

I am Beinir's murderous rage. 

55527e8032d3329a566995df0b4a5234.png

Edited by ManUtd1

Over the course of my life, I've learned to fake emotions.  To appear human to the 'norms.'  To go to extreme lengths to feel anything even approximating an emotion.

But when Karamoko Dembele broke through in the 93rd minute at Old Trafford, a winding, purposeful run reminiscent of Maradona against England in 1986...  I felt it.

Love.  Lust.  Faith.  Desire.

An avalanche of emotion.  

I celebrated by pushing a small child into the Manchester Ship Canal the next morning, near the Woden Street Bridge.  Her mom wasn't pleased.  So I shoved her into the Canal, too.

It was delicious.

8853ab3b083ae850a8d86b6b329fe0d7.jpg

Down 2-nil to Atletico, it felt like all of my dreams were coming true.  Finally, another stumble.  One that could not be explained away by Managervich.

But, alas, it was not to last.  7 matches to play, and we're in pole position for the title.  

Why have you forsaken me, Sheela Na Gigs?!

b0f19091cf57913f89eeac05d467e454.png 261eedc8d92a09553037a9364fc1c159.png

For those who might be interested, the youth intake has 2 interesting players.  Although Kaarel Pankevitsjus might be my favorite new name.

2405cf099466d3f4350f5e15ff29c450.png

5e46a19c3898fb6ab3fbf63bfe68bdae.png08c555eb2c1b0c07787283402418dca1.png

Youth and training facilities are in the process of improvement, along with a stadium expansion.  That being said, $71M for 9k seats...I'm not good with math, but that seems exorbitant.

e2bfd16fd6f2d3106df9d20a6b5911b4.png

ecad036f13e3b06840c5495020ebe7b9.png

Vallecano, you sexy bastards.  

A win could have all-but sealed the title for Managervich, given the other results this weekend.  A horror I cannot begin to contemplate.

You are the real heroes, even if I cannot thank you openly.  I'll never forget what you've given for the cause.  As a gesture of good faith, I will untie the youth prospect of yours that I have sedated in the boot of the car.

cae1f0bfd2b65e6ae36dc9027faaeb04.png 3c5e4df94eb6ccd51be42d42b721a1ef.png

Amazing work in La Liga! Unlucky vs Utd

19 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

For those who might be interested, the youth intake has 2 interesting players.  Although Kaarel Pankevitsjus might be my favorite new name.

With that name, it's a shame that he isn't good enough for Valencia.

And tough result against the devils, but the english teams have a little SI bias in their favour.

1 minute ago, smp20 said:

Amazing work in La Liga! Unlucky vs Utd

Thanks, man!  Hoping we can hold on.

1 minute ago, henri.melo00 said:

With that name, it's a shame that he isn't good enough for Valencia.

And tough result against the devils, but the english teams have a little SI bias in their favour.

Seriously! Francisco Moreno is good enough for both of them, at least.

Four matches to play.  It appears to be down to Barcelona and Managervich...I do not know why this is happening, other than a test of my faith...or, perhaps, a challenge.  A demand that I step up and take bold action.

4cd0f72af3a5211b2e7bf7a11478c0be.png 6e560cf9dfbdc0a1e4c1fac113372c4a.png

Posted (edited)

Barcelona draw away to Vigo, and Atletico lose at Getafe.  A chance for Managervich to seal his fortune.

But fate intervened.  Redemption is mine.  A loss away to Betis.  All to play for.

I must take a more direct hand in events, against the Basques on Friday...

ad31194ceaf6eed0fa9f2d81509d791d.png7f4bcf9d3c18499ce3621cb5c6922162.png

05e827dbeb158ffea2fc6a5880c38bb5.png

Edited by ManUtd1

The Basques are a truly majestic people.  Kings among men.

Managervich stands on the precipice.  Failure beckons.  I nudged him a little before today's match. 

Last night, I logged into his Netflix account and skipped ahead 10 minutes in all of the shows he was watching. Try enjoying Gossip Girl now, you ****.

On Saturday, Barcelona win -- the two most glorious words in any language.  Barcelona win.

Madrid lose on Sunday, the bottlers.  It's down to Valverde's men and Managervich... We face Levante and Getafe. 

Barcelona must travel to face Atletico in the Champions League, and then Real Madrid.  Godspeed, you Catalan beauties.

a7dfe0da6b1b38fc4f23ac036297957a.jpg

bc8e6ccf4c4ea5a1f17d5afc12136847.png c30d3ffdc0b9b76ddee715c21ebe17e0.png

77e6534098984f7fcbad05c0404e57e6.png

Fleeing in abject terror from a masked, hooded man wielding a hatchet without warming up properly?  Silly that, Dejan.

51a8e64359a4dbb365d4adc92ff59e43.png

Disaster.  Levante miss the opportunity to deal their neighbors a mortal blow.  I expected so much more from them.  

This is why you don't trust people, Beinir.  People are bastards.  Bastard coated-bastards with bastard filling.

Which also makes them delicious.

3672afea2bf0f00828724cadc31dcf95.jpg

Of all people in this world, the most vile, the most treacherous...I thought I could count on Real Madrid.

Trust is pain, Beinir.  Trusting is what leads to hurting.  Never again.

4f709d147a92fbcb8e04f88ca2fe63ed.png

I was prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice.  An barrel of absinthe.  A book of matches.  

As the song goes, build a bonfire and put Managervich on the top. It would have been the perfect capstone to...everything. 

But guest services at the Nuevo Mestalla mistook the barrel as being intended for concessions, and after consulting with Peter Lim started serving it to the masses for profit.

b16fcb851bc5df00a0ec1eb303750119.jpg bfb9c78a028ee69d4289cce64f57ebe5.jpg ee1f5d2194063f73537b496814f18951.jpg 

Thus ends my tenure at Valencia.  The question being, what next for Managervich?!

I will continue to the day immediately following the CL final, and then upload the save for the next person!

bd83b9850fd8cb139b25ef979451efd4.png cda65d1b5ac0fcfbc3fe768f20f30881.png

263c1370c9cef29c2f50151e59e11b43.png 07c1982da4622fff8df916afe4e7aed5.png

3979615506fa930e75bae6f2c6dfcec5.png

Actually, to allow for maximum freedom, I won't skip ahead.  I'll save right here on Monday, May 20th.

Ok so we have a decision to make. @oriole01 is interesting in joining. Problem is he doesn’t own FM20 so would need to go next in order to get a season finished during the free week. 
I don’t want people getting annoyed because they are waiting for their turn and people are getting free passes to “cut in line”. 
So with that in mind let me know what you think. Majority wins. I think it’s the fairest way to do this. 
Go!

In my mind, the question is best left to those who've been involved from the start -- the people who not only spent a ton of time playing a season of their own, but have been involved/invested for months, while patiently waiting a turn.

When I say this, I don't mean it to be an exclusionary thing.  Because that obviously isn't what this thread is about. 

More that, as someone who didn't meaningfully contribute to the thread for months, I don't think my "vote" should count.  I haven't invested a fraction of what some people have to the joint effort, even if I'm trying to make up some of that lost ground now.  (When I threw my hat in the ring, I thought (and expected) that I would be going to the very back of the line behind everyone.  That's not what happened, obviously.  So, I tried to keep the save going in a "natural" direction for a journeyman, while using my 90% of me playing style.) 

Just my 2 cents!

More than happy to let him, as long as he doesn’t go off the reservation with it

I agree with @ManUtd1 in all of his post.

I've "skipped" the queue as well to get to be next in line, so don't feel my vote should count too much - but Id be happy for @oriole01 to get ahead of me for the record.

What's the queue right now anyway? 

Let @oriole01 play IMO. But the guy that was next should have a word to say. 

So at the moment this is where we are...

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42 
  8. Jimbokav1971
  9. Makoto Nakamura 
  10. Smp20 
  11. Manutd1 <————————- We are here
  12. Benjoe
  13. Deisler26
  14. henri.melo00
  15. PT-KK

So next would have been @Benjoe and then @Deisler26.

One doesn’t mind and the other just wants to make sure nothing absolutely crazy happens. 

So is it fair to propose the following?

@oriole01 does the next season but he’s not allowed to leave Valencia. 

Posted (edited)

I like it, but... can @Deisler26 and I please move swap. :D

I'm likely going to be doing crazy stuff (South Africaaaaa), so makes more sense to wait until he has been messing about. Who knows, maybe @henri.melo00 fancies Africa too? ;)

Edited by Benjoe

I thought you were excited to manage Valencia, @Benjoe :lol:

33 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I thought you were excited to manage Valencia, @Benjoe :lol:

I am! :lol:

Just now, Benjoe said:

I am! :lol:

Just watch that Romano gif a few times.  The kid is legit.

5c389e76d8b102a974004d6aa6e67ab6.gif

Posted (edited)

Giacomo as of the day the save was passed on:

44817292f16bc41a6e4c2015d486677e.png

(Note: For the sake of clarity -- Ethan, Andy and others have the file and can see the editor was not used.  The icon is active in this screenshot because after I passed the save along, I moved over to my tactics testing save where I'm playing in the modern day, trying to blend Changing Lanes and one of my strikerless setups.  I don't want to spend months retraining players for a different position. :lol:)

Edited by ManUtd1

He is one handsome bastard!

Moustache GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

His combination of balance, first touch, technique and finishing was clearly showing in that karatekid kick as well - theZlatan would be proud.

I don't mind let oriole play before too, I am new here and I believe the situation should be explored (free FM 20). Good luck to him.

As my concerns for Africa, @Benjoe, there are none. I am here to see through this.

Congrats on the title, @ManUtd1, in the beginning and end of the season, it looked that the title wouldn't come, but it makes the taste sweetter winning in the last match.

i think this save is about being inclusive, so we should let people in to play, we are in the middle of the group of people who signed up after the "rollback" everyone who has been involved longer has had a turn already. 

the more the merrier in my opinion

@andychar can you take me off the list please. I prefe watching you lot do this then balls it up and do it myself and then have an unbalance squad cos I just stockpiled on good players and not paid much attention to squad depth lol. I am also quite busy playing a network game with my mate so feel free to take me off the list please buddy and good luck to everyone on here.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@andychar can you take me off the list please. I prefe watching you lot do this then balls it up and do it myself and then have an unbalance squad cos I just stockpiled on good players and not paid much attention to squad depth lol. I am also quite busy playing a network game with my mate so feel free to take me off the list please buddy and good luck to everyone on here.

No problem. Thanks for taking part and good luck with your network save!

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

great to have had you on board, good luck with your save and enjoy watching along

I am also of the opinion Oriole should be given a chance too. I can totally wait.

On 26/03/2020 at 18:05, ManUtd1 said:

Panke...

Pankev...

Pankevi...

Pankevit...

Pankevits...

Pankevitsj...

Kaarel (EST). See how my nicknames work now? :lol:

21 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Actually, to allow for maximum freedom, I won't skip ahead.  I'll save right here on Monday, May 20th.

That's the spirit. 

Play last game, save and upload. #Boom :applause:

21 hours ago, andychar said:

Ok so we have a decision to make. @oriole01 is interesting in joining. Problem is he doesn’t own FM20 so would need to go next in order to get a season finished during the free week. 
I don’t want people getting annoyed because they are waiting for their turn and people are getting free passes to “cut in line”. 
So with that in mind let me know what you think. Majority wins. I think it’s the fairest way to do this. 
Go!

I was reading this and thinking.... no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Cheating queue-jumping bast...... oh. @oriole01doesn't own FM20 and it's free to play at the moment. That seems like a spectacularly good way of getting an extra Manager involved. Sounds good to me unless whoever is next in line needs to play right now, (which is pretty unlikely given the state of the World).