Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
TOMetz

Impossible to get rid of players

Recommended Posts

I've got two players who are deadweight and I want to get rid of. No one is interested in them, even after I put them on the transfer list without asking a price. After offering them to clubs for no price, I had two offers for one player and he then refused the contract he was given there. The other one just doesn't generate any interest whatsoever. The former is a 23 year-old left back with about a full star potential left to fulfill. The latter is a pacy 28 year-old winger at the top of his game.

I'm also shocked by how few teams are interested in my players. I'm playing as KRC Genk (big fish in a small sea) and have several hot prospects in my team (some of you may know names such as Berge, Maehle, Lucumi, Ianis Hagi, Samatta). I chanced my way to the round of 16 in the Champions League and still no one shows any interest in any player. Their contracts shouldn't be a problem. Hagi is the top earner with 108k/month. Nothing a bigger club couldn't afford.

In real life, KRC Genk is a team that buys 'em young and sells for a profit. Every transfer market some key players leave for nice fees and they're constantly battling interest from other teams. In FM this totally doesn't seem to happen.

This isn't realistic, is it?

Edited by TOMetz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many leagues did you load and how big is your database? Could be that your game's overinflated with players. Playing as OHL myself, I've got quite a bit of interest for my best performers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

How many leagues did you load and how big is your database? Could be that your game's overinflated with players. Playing as OHL myself, I've got quite a bit of interest for my best performers.

About 53000 players, so not too big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TOMetz said:

About 53000 players, so not too big.

That depends on the number of active leagues.  I've got about that size database with 11 active leagues and don't seem to have an issue selling players.  Also I guess it matters whether you've loaded the leagues who would traditionally buy from Belgium - you'll know better than me who they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Flashman said:

That depends on the number of active leagues.  I've got about that size database with 11 active leagues and don't seem to have an issue selling players.  Also I guess it matters whether you've loaded the leagues who would traditionally buy from Belgium - you'll know better than me who they are.

Thanks lads, I understand. Leagues loaded include all the big ones (EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Portuguese League, Eredivisie and Swiss league). It's logical that my best performers would attract intrest from any of these leagues, and maybe the Russian/Chinese, but those would be the exceptions. So I'm still puzzled on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah basically they make it too easy for you to keep your squad together over the years. It's odd that there is no interest at all, normally when teams start to bid you can keep them happy most of the time just by telling them they're an influential member of the squad anyway.

It could be related to their contracts though if you've got them on long term deals or high salaries, particularly if they have recently signed a new deal this would stop other teams trying to sign them for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it your first season, if so it's hard to sell any players because all clubs have already done their business 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2020 at 15:16, Flashman said:

That depends on the number of active leagues.  I've got about that size database with 11 active leagues and don't seem to have an issue selling players.  Also I guess it matters whether you've loaded the leagues who would traditionally buy from Belgium - you'll know better than me who they are.

Active in what sense? Playable?

I have loaded every nation with every league, but all to view only with the exception of England.

Will this hamper me long term with selling players etc?

I then loaded players based in continent for all. So my database of players is 380K+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

Active in what sense? Playable?

I have loaded every nation with every league, but all to view only with the exception of England.

Will this hamper me long term with selling players etc?

I then loaded players based in continent for all. So my database of players is 380K+

Yes it will ..

 

Essentially the leagues you load will be massively more active then those you haven't and the fact you have that many players floating around your game world means it's overinflated..  i.e so much supply, not enough demand... 

A team will essentially not bother buying your players for your inflated price when it can choose between 15 others in non active leagues ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Welshace said:

Yes it will ..

 

Essentially the leagues you load will be massively more active then those you haven't and the fact you have that many players floating around your game world means it's overinflated..  i.e so much supply, not enough demand... 

A team will essentially not bother buying your players for your inflated price when it can choose between 15 others in non active leagues ..

Thanks for the feedback.

Is it as easy to change these leagues back to active?

Or is this not possible? I am aware you can add/remove leagues.

No idea with them being 'read only'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

Active in what sense? Playable?

I have loaded every nation with every league, but all to view only with the exception of England.

Will this hamper me long term with selling players etc?

I then loaded players based in continent for all. So my database of players is 380K+

There's no real right or wrong answer, and as far as I can tell there's no real guidance in the game on this stuff.  If you think about it though, you've got a hell of a lot of players to choose from, and not a lot of competition from other clubs to sign them (i.e. hardly any active leagues - view only clubs won't be as active in the market).  Same goes for every other team in your game, so basically you'll all be able to find whatever type of player you want quite easily.

 

The flip side is of course that nobody is going to pay a transfer fee or high wages if they can help it, so good luck getting rid of players you don't want.

 

Not entirely sure how to switch your leagues from view only to active - go to Game Status and try the Manageable Leagues drop down?  Maybe there's something in Add/Remove Leagues or Detail Level.

Edited by Flashman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have a look when I am home tonight.

Currently into second season with a Scunthorpe United save, and yeah, I have been struggling to offload players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll also want to consider which leagues you might want to sell players to.  I don't know who's buying Scunny's players IRL, but you'll be looking at leagues with around the same rep I suppose - the EFL and other UK leagues for starters.

 

Sometimes nobody does want your players, but I sold Ozil for £20-odd million so anything's possible with the right setup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2020 at 11:03, TOMetz said:

I've got two players who are deadweight and I want to get rid of. No one is interested in them, even after I put them on the transfer list without asking a price. After offering them to clubs for no price, I had two offers for one player and he then refused the contract he was given there. The other one just doesn't generate any interest whatsoever. The former is a 23 year-old left back with about a full star potential left to fulfill. The latter is a pacy 28 year-old winger at the top of his game.

I'm also shocked by how few teams are interested in my players. I'm playing as KRC Genk (big fish in a small sea) and have several hot prospects in my team (some of you may know names such as Berge, Maehle, Lucumi, Ianis Hagi, Samatta). I chanced my way to the round of 16 in the Champions League and still no one shows any interest in any player. Their contracts shouldn't be a problem. Hagi is the top earner with 108k/month. Nothing a bigger club couldn't afford.

In real life, KRC Genk is a team that buys 'em young and sells for a profit. Every transfer market some key players leave for nice fees and they're constantly battling interest from other teams. In FM this totally doesn't seem to happen.

This isn't realistic, is it?

If they are real duds and you want to just get them off the wage bill you can sometimes get them to mutually terminate at a cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hazpro said:

If they are real duds and you want to just get them off the wage bill you can sometimes get them to mutually terminate at a cost.

Yep, tried it. Both refused. One even made a fuss about it in the dressing room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

Yep, tried it. Both refused. One even made a fuss about it in the dressing room.

If these guys are at Scunthorpe and not good enough then the likelihood is that nobody really wants them and you'll just have to let them run down their deals. I find that once you 'set to release' a player there are more bids that come in for them for £0 than there are when you are offering them out for £0, probably because the player's hidden mentality changes when he finally knows his time is up but not sure. If that doesn't work I just offer them out on loan and slowly decrease my % demands for wages paid if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run 15-20 leagues and medium DB and find it extremely difficult to sell players. They are never bidded for. In one save I have, I made the decision that any player that received no offers I would use the in game editor to send them to Barnet. Needless to say, Barnet had a huge squad and some players way above their level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I sell players I always move agreed playing time to surplus ! that usually makes them accept contracts from bidding clubs. I also demote them to U-23/19 squads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like their wages are higher than is justified by their ability. You might need to offer to continue paying some of their wages for the buying club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, J8mb0 said:

I run 15-20 leagues and medium DB and find it extremely difficult to sell players. They are never bidded for. In one save I have, I made the decision that any player that received no offers I would use the in game editor to send them to Barnet. Needless to say, Barnet had a huge squad and some players way above their level. 

I thought it as Coventry people got sent to :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, QPRSteve said:

I thought it as Coventry people got sent to :)

coicy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've definitely noticed it's too easy to hold onto players.  I'm Norwich, in my 4th season.  Last season we qualified for the Champions' League after finishing 9th then 6th.  I have young, English/HG players winning international caps like Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis, a 21 y/o striker who just scored 23 in 32 league apps and nobody has bid on them at all.  IRL I'd be losing players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...