update

I know I should post this in the bugs forum and really don't want to disrupt the flow of this forum, but I updated to the live Beta patch, and since then, I feel like I'm playing a new game.  Yes, the overpowered "lump it to the vardy" bug is gone, which is refreshing, but there are so many other things which seem to require a tactical overhaul.  For example, I use a 4312, and fullbacks are a huge part of my tactic.  Since the patch, when I don't have the ball, they just tuck in and hide behind my CB's, more likely to clear the ball off the goal line than close down or follow the opposition winger.  When we have the ball, they turn to deep lying raumdauters, wide open and ready to cut inside regardless of instructions I give them.

I don't want to turn this into a complaint session, and I know this isn't the place for it. I just want to know how others approach this change in the ME.  Does updating mean the entire tactic should be reworked, and if so, would it be better to just use the old engine until the new update is stabilized?

A general rule with tactics and updates is this. If you tactic is built on sound principles then it should not suffer much from a change to the ME. Always there will be some influence, but by and large it should perform the same. If the tactic is exploiting some loophole in the ME (by design or by chance), chances are it will stop working after a patch. Any new issues with the ME will affect all tactics the same. I cannot comment on whether your tactic in particular is the former or the latter type. However, if you are finding things that you think are bugs you should definitely report them as such.

Fullbacks tucking in more or player positioning being considerably different affects the way a tactic plays out - I'm not sure if it's a matter of loopholes opening up or being plugged. Regardless, I'm curious if the changes in the ME are affecting people's tactics and results or do sound principles trump those changes.

I'm experiencing several issues: Yesterday i was watching a game on full and just watched my DR cut through the middle to end up between the LCB and DL while defending, needless to say it left my right side wide open. I'm also missing a crazy amount of headers on offense, I'm not talking about scoring goals, just getting headers on target would be a nice twist. 10+ headers with a guy with 15 jumping, 18 bravery and 14 heading. At least some should be on target.

to answer @sporadicsmiles I get that tactics abusing the ME would get messed up as the ME gets updated but I am no tactical mastermind in that sense; tactics of my own creation are straight to the point and not abusing anything whatsoever. Theres something messed up with defender positioning. example from FM Cattenaccio's Twitter I'll post PKM's when I'm done testing

1 minute ago, yipster1986 said:

I'm experiencing several issues: Yesterday i was watching a game on full and just watched my DR cut through the middle to end up between the LCB and DL while defending, needless to say it left my right side wide open. I'm also missing a crazy amount of headers on offense, I'm not talking about scoring goals, just getting headers on target would be a nice twist. 10+ headers with a guy with 15 jumping, 18 bravery and 14 heading. At least some should be on target.

to answer @sporadicsmiles I get that tactics abusing the ME would get messed up as the ME gets updated but I am no tactical mastermind in that sense; tactics of my own creation are straight to the point and not abusing anything whatsoever. Theres something messed up with defender positioning. example from FM Cattenaccio's Twitter I'll post PKM's when I'm done testing

Basically same thing happened to my Left FB and conceded twice due to those errors

53 minutes ago, yipster1986 said:

I really have not had time to play a lot of FM this year, so I am in no place to comment about the ME and any new bugs from the beta. Nor am I trying to suggest anything positive or negative about your tactics. I would always advise to post things you think are bugs though. Worst case scenario is you are told it is not a bug and you can bounce back here and we can take a look at what is happening.