Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tetsuro P12

FM 2020 Memory Warning

Is it going to be solved in future patches? I already resetted the game, skin, etc. Realoaded everything, but keep crashing. I use personalized badges, kits for top leagues and a skin.

It happens especially when a match is about to start.

Crash, boom, bang.png

Edited by Tetsuro P12

Can you see if the problem persists if you remove all the custom graphics?

As they aren't created by us, we cannot guarantee they will be stable.

19 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Can you see if the problem persists if you remove all the custom graphics?

As they aren't created by us, we cannot guarantee they will be stable.

I'll see it but in previous iterations I used them without incurring in crashes, eventually they got updated but still are just images. I also use these popular mods, they can't be removed from saves:

Sottoscritto
?imw=100&imh=100&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true
Football Manager 2020
Iscritto in data 16 gen, ore 12:22
Ultimo aggiornamento in data 3 dic 2019, ore 23:00

Sottoscritto
?imw=100&imh=100&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

One thing that I noticed is that the game in this moment (near of the end of a 3D match) runs with 330 MB of RAM. Is it possibile that there are memory leaks here and there? It's 4 matches that it isn't occurring anymore, but before or later it will definitely come back, it's unpredictable.

Update. After 3D match RAM used is at 490 MB, after another 4 days is at 990 MB. Back to next 3D match it jumped to 1800 MB, after 10 minutes of play (in the 3D match) 1100 MB. Strange RAM behavior.

So 1st 3D Match (near 80 minutes of play) 330 MB, back to UI after 3D Match 490 MB, 4 days later (virtual time) 990 MB, starting 2nd 3D Match 1800 MB, after 10 minutes in the 2nd 3D match 1100 MB and keeps descending.

Edited by Tetsuro P12

I'll get someone with more expertise in memory leaks to provide some input, bare with. 

How did you get on after removing the graphics? Or did you mean that the memory leaks persisted even after removal?

Please try the public beta there is a potential fix for this issue there

18 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

I'll get someone with more expertise in memory leaks to provide some input, bare with. 

How did you get on after removing the graphics? Or did you mean that the memory leaks persisted even after removal?

I got past 10 matches and the seems to have subsidized, luckily I had no need to remove graphics. The strange thing is that at a time RAM consumption skyrocketed to nearly 3GB, while now looks to be stable around 1GB, this makes me thinking that there are memory leaks or something similiar in the game. I'm sure it will come back again, because I already experienced this (a period of stability followed by a period of instability). I see that many users experience the same, hope it will be fixed with the next patch. For now I'll avoid the beta patch suggested by EdL, I won't like a possible corruption in my save (it's a nine year long save :eek:).

Thanks

The beta has no changes to save format so there is no risk there.