Sports Interactive Community
Tiger666

Opposition Instructions not being applied

These are my OIs by position.

1.thumb.jpg.86aaf51c88353eddb4c9d8eb77c1c3be.jpg

In game they do not display.Not only do they not display, they do not show on the players in the left window that they're being applied.

2.thumb.jpg.60922bc1154c3ee0946e3754e5188b1a.jpg

It's only when switching them over by position that they show up.

3.thumb.jpg.c6b4826b7c9218b8ba8bbef51933f103.jpg

If they are in fact being applied in the background, why is there no way of knowing they are being applied? If they are being applied in the background, why is my assistant manager asking me to shove Bernardeschi on to his weaker foot? That should aready be happening.

this has been going on from the beta of this beta. 

the issue is that you have set them to apply to position. however after 2-3 games they are reset and apply to specific players.

I raised the issue in multiple threads and they keep ignoring me.

the only thing to do to not go crazy is let your assman apply them and just tinker those EACH game. 

this is driving me crazy!

no words from SI? is this at least being looked at?

4 minutes ago, Marbah said:

this is driving me crazy!

no words from SI? is this at least being looked at?

Who knows. I'll repeat it in the beta forum too.

3 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Who knows. I'll repeat it in the beta forum too.

where is that?

If you are really expecting that your assistant manager is going to make all your tactical decisions for you he has to have the stats to do this eg:  tactcal knowledge,jud play pot,jud play ability, if he doesn't have high scores especially tactical knowledge how is he going to be able to it.

On 31/01/2020 at 15:30, Hazpro said:

If you are really expecting that your assistant manager is going to make all your tactical decisions for you he has to have the stats to do this eg:  tactcal knowledge,jud play pot,jud play ability, if he doesn't have high scores especially tactical knowledge how is he going to be able to it.

what are you talking about? the issue is completely the opposite. i want to be in charge, but this keeps changing to the assman without him being in charge.

lol

On 31/01/2020 at 13:30, Hazpro said:

I don't want my assistant manager to do anything.

1 hour ago, Tiger666 said:

I don't want my assistant manager to do anything.

Make sure you have it selected in the staff responsibilities, sometimes changes things if you click on ask assistant in match screen. it's a bit of a pain sometimes as it changes my developement loan manager constantly.

4 minutes ago, Hazpro said:

Make sure you have it selected in the staff responsibilities, sometimes changes things if you click on ask assistant in match screen. it's a bit of a pain sometimes as it changes my developement loan manager constantly.

I have full control over everything. I leave nothing to my staff. Looks like this isn't going to get a response from SI anyway.

Edited by Tiger666

The instructions are applied and do get carried out in the ME as expected. The assistant suggestion is for the player, not the position e.g. if Bernardeschi is moved to a different position during the match the assistant always wants him shown to weak foot, not just when he's playing in the position you set.

If the UI isn't making this clear enough then that's an issue for the UI forums. The ME code is working as intended.

18 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

The instructions are applied and do get carried out in the ME as expected. The assistant suggestion is for the player, not the position e.g. if Bernardeschi is moved to a different position during the match the assistant always wants him shown to weak foot, not just when he's playing in the position you set.

If the UI isn't making this clear enough then that's an issue for the UI forums. The ME code is working as intended.

I dont get it. Here is what is happening on my side:

I'm loading the save. 

I'm setting opposition instructions to position, and set them accordingly to my intentions.

I'm starting a game. 

Whenever a substitution occurs, the players substituted in gets the opposition instructions from my assistant (so not positional as I set them but player). and due to this no instructions are set for any players coming in.

Further more after finish the game ALL my opposition instructions are set to PLAYER instead of POSITION and THEREFOR nothing is set for the next game. NO INSTRUCTIONS.

Now, you are telling me this is not a bug? What am I doing wrong? I want to set all opposition instructions to POSITION so everyone playing on a certain position gets a predefined set of opposition instructions.

@Jack Joyce 

Edited by Marbah
ass=assistant D:

1 hour ago, Marbah said:

I dont get it. Here is what is happening on my side:

I'm loading the save. 

I'm setting opposition instructions to position, and set them accordingly to my intentions.

I'm starting a game. 

Whenever a substitution occurs, the players substituted in gets the opposition instructions from my assistant (so not positional as I set them but player). and due to this no instructions are set for any players coming in.

Further more after finish the game ALL my opposition instructions are set to PLAYER instead of POSITION and THEREFOR nothing is set for the next game. NO INSTRUCTIONS.

Now, you are telling me this is not a bug? What am I doing wrong? I want to set all opposition instructions to POSITION so everyone playing on a certain position gets a predefined set of opposition instructions.

@Jack Joyce 

As far as the ME is concerned it's working correctly. Any issue you're having would be a UI issue for the UI forum and will likely need a reliable way to reproduce the problem from a save game.

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

As far as the ME is concerned it's working correctly. Any issue you're having would be a UI issue for the UI forum and will likely need a reliable way to reproduce the problem from a save game.

if its a UI/visual issue (and the ME is applying the instructions) why is the assistant 'recommending' me to close down/tackle harder the opposition players, which are already 'targeted' by the positional opposition instructions?

1 hour ago, Marbah said:

if its a UI/visual issue (and the ME is applying the instructions) why is the assistant 'recommending' me to close down/tackle harder the opposition players, which are already 'targeted' by the positional opposition instructions?

As I said before, the assistant wants to target the player no matter what position he moves to. That's different to just targeting him when he's in that position

gotta say, you made me more confused than before :)

my positional instructions are being applied even when 'player' side is selected?

2 hours ago, Marbah said:

gotta say, you made me more confused than before :)

my positional instructions are being applied even when 'player' side is selected?

Can you get us some PKM and save game examples where we can check the issue?

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

Can you get us some PKM and save game examples where we can check the issue?

here is a short rundown of the situation and the pkm of the game

https://imgur.com/a/BBfjxfu

the save is called "Rapid Bucureșt before match" and "Rapid București after match"

Viitorul Constanţa v Rapid București.pkm

Edited by Marbah