Sup guys, 

Have a bit of transfer drama that I wanna share. 

So in a fit of rage following an embarrassing defeat at home to Tottenham in the CL, I transfer listed my best FB after he didn’t take the 2 week fine like a man and insisted he played good (he finished the match with one of the lowest scores I’ve ever seen. It was between 5-6). He was 31 years old (Thomas Meunier from Belgium) and I was planning on finding replacements at the end of the season with a replenished transfer fund. I was rotating him with an academy product with high potential who’s been doing fairly well. So bottom line, I need fullbacks. A Chinese club came swooping in as soon as I transfer listed him and I accepted the offer. In retrospect I shouldn’t have done that because after that he was back to his solid defending, pinpoint crossing, assisting ways.

Fast forward to the January transfer window. Meunier has left for the Chinese Super League and I bring in a FB (Aurier, plays for Spurs in RL I believe) from my reserves to replace Meunier. Suddenly I see an offer from Juventus. They want one of my starting attacking midfielders (can play as an AMC and midfield) on loan with a mandatory fee of $94 mil. I take a look to see if Andre Horta wants to move, and sure enough he does. Given the fact that I have quite a few midfielders and a couple I can’t guarantee consistent playtime, I accept the offer. Then it hits me. My scouts found a promising FB that’s just as technically sound and has great ball IQ as well as being faster than Meunier, and this guy is in his early 20s with high potential. I didn’t have the funds to sign him last season and Juventus picked him up. 

I figured if I’m gonna loan out one of go to creators, then I’m gonna try and get the FB from Juventus in a sort of “I got what you want, you have what I want” deal. I forgot to mention that Juventus will be paying me $400k monthly for the duration of the loan, so the club will come out with a nice amount of funds from this deal. In return, I offered to pay nearly a million monthly and then an optional fee of 75 million at the end of the season. In total Juventus will get close to 90 million at the conclusion of the loan. They’ve declined the original offer and two new offers. 

Juventus is hesitant to let him go. The time came to finalize the Horta deal, but I delayed it. I won’t let Horta go unless Juventus lets their young FB go. Even if Horta is angry and the deal falls through, I’ll transfer list him at the end of the season and let him go elsewhere but not Juventus.

Edited by Lurking Manager

You have to stand up to your players, and the big clubs. Your squad come around in the end, even if they do get upset from time to time.

I had a situation with my center back. I'm only little Bangor so clubs pick on me and sign my best talent. I've lost two very good defensive midfielders to Exeter already, so when Chesterfield came knocking with an a massive offer of £0 for my center back I said a big fat "no".

My player got upset and I told him the offer wasn't good enough. I said I'd let him go for the right offer and he asked how much. When I said £5k he was annoyed and never played the same again. I just got someone else in on loan and forgot my center back. He's moved now. I also bought through some youngster and they were great.

Who needs the talented ones?

@Lurking Manager You should check out the careers sub forum if you like a good FM story.

Edited by anagain

@Lurking ManagerAt first I believe there was, but I do recall that eventually he came to me to say he was now over his grumbles. It was just annoying that for 3 or 4 games before the Chesterfield bid he was on fire. He'd scored twice from corners and was getting well over 7 rating a game. After the bid he was, not to put too fine a point on it, poo.

I love it when a player has a moan and the next day you see your squad filled with players against him.