Target Man Tactic?

4231 can work well. Try either IF(a), SS(a), IF(a) behind a TM(s) or AP(a), AP(s), W(a) behind a TM(a). I've had pretty good success with my TM flipping between those two combinations. Not really sure which one has done better for me (I'll try to look back and check tonight).

I also had a bit of luck with an FM18 style 523WB formation. Not really sure if that was the TM doing well or the AF beside him, however. 

17 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

Either really mate

Well, I had a decent 4123 tactic in my FM19 Newcastle save, with Rondon as the TM. This was the basic setup:

TMsu

IFat                                                     W/IFsu

BBM/MEZsu CAR/DLPsu/BWMsu

A/DMde

FBsu         CDde         CDde         FBat

SKde

Instructions are very simple:

I start on the Balanced mentality and occasionally may switch to the Positive (as I see fit)

The only instruction that was constant is - shorter passing. Then I would only make small tweaks here and there when needed.

I don't know your team and so I cannot know if this tactic would suit your players, but I was pleased with how it worked for me.

I had another tactic, also using the 4123 formation, but that one was more counter-attacking and hence slightly different. And did not employ a TM.

One other note. I've been totally unable to get my Target Man to play that "back to goal / help the build up / knock off the ball to runners" type style. If that's what you're looking for, I'm not sure how to get the current ME to do that (granted, I haven't really tried again since the new beta ME came out... and I have a guy perfect for that so now I know what I'm trying tonight I guess ;)

tacticsg0jzy.jpg

What do you think about this one?

PI:

CD "Take fewer risks"

Front four "Close down more"

The left is too wide open...isn´t it? I thought that the DLP will help here but maybe it´s not enough...

Edited by DocSnyder