20yo player asking for a huge salery!

I got this 20yo player who  never made a cap for me yet and for 2 years now cant get a work permit.

He played for some lower teams like Nashville from USA. Right now he gets like 6K a week yet he asks for a 200K a week bump and 500K after 25 games???

I got only one player who gets more then 500K a week and its Mbappe, and this guy aint Mbappe.

This is some crazy stuff...

Screenshot_xx1.thumb.png.21f5cc534f0c60cbcd7077ea7a1970c7.pngScreenshot_ff1.thumb.png.037c3cb6f2d822caa44b3a33901ef305.png

Edited by SergeiG

Don´t think that is that crazy. The guy´s playing at United and they pay wages like this. He featured in the first team and is worth 21M already. Maybe he got a very high PA as well. So no, I don´t think this is too surprising. If you don´t wanna pay that, load him off. 

2 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Don´t think that is that crazy. The guy´s playing at United and they pay wages like this. He featured in the first team and is worth 21M already. Maybe he got a very high PA as well. So no, I don´t think this is too surprising. If you don´t wanna pay that, load him off. 

He never played first team football. Not at my team.

The guy cant even get a work permit...

Edited by SergeiG

5 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Oh sorry, misread that. Still, not having a work permit does not make him cheaper I guess.

This is Sancho, a first team regular for a few years and a world superstar. getting 205K a week.

269353865_Screenshot_1.thumb.png.3565a77542eba1202e238735b6d67393.png2121732651_Screenshot_1.thumb.png.82868cfc6bc098a8ea7bf9801f63b0cf.png

That guy played a few years in the MLS and was not all that great and yet his wage demands are higher.

1439347606_Screenshot_1.thumb.png.a9327e7a616460311f321775bf9e84b5.png

THIS IS CRAZY!

Not sure whether elaborate thinking like this actually exists in the game, but could it be that he demands so much because he can't get a work permit? He doesn't want to go out on more loans but wants to actually play for the team that owns his playing rights. If he can't do that at your club, he'd rather go somewhere else. But, like most players in most situations, he's open to being persuaded to stay with a massive wage increase. Although I do agree that those demands are way, way over the top in any case.

Just now, kozmik said:

Not sure whether elaborate thinking like this actually exists in the game, but could it be that he demands so much because he can't get a work permit? He doesn't want to go out on more loans but wants to actually play for the team that owns his playing rights. If he can't do that at your club, he'd rather go somewhere else. But, like most players in most situations, he's open to being persuaded to stay with a massive wage increase. Although I do agree that those demands are way, way over the top in any case.

could be.

But 500K after 25 games? thats super unrealistic.

1 minute ago, SergeiG said:

could be.

But 500K after 25 games? thats super unrealistic.

Like I said, way, way over the top in any case. Might be worth posting on the bugs forum.

One thing you could try is making him an offer that's just about as high as you're willing to give him, and make it non-negotiable. In some cases you can get the players to accept much lower wages than they seem to be demanding. Although I doubt you can get his wages down to acceptable levels even that way, as his demands are so ridiculously high.

I would probably just try to sell and include a buy back and percentage of profit clause in the deal.

It might be that, due to the United wage structure, that's how much he'd have to be earning in order to get the points on the work permit appeal to get a permit to play, and he's not willing to move unless he plays for you. That's possibly the case because, in order to grab some of the appeal points, they usually have to be in the top 20-30% of wage earners at the club, and United overpay the majority of their players compared to the likes of Liverpool.

Given his stats for his age I'd offload him instantly. The issue with wages is once, that they are affected directly by your top earners in the club, b, they ask for totally unrealistic wages and then leave for some mediocre club for 1% of what they asked them from you. Not sure if FM wages take into account the wages of the average joe with said reputation and pa in the league.

Also, reading the status of that agent, it seems you are easy to handle and give big wages. Most of the agents in my games hate me because I am a cheap manager who would have Messi in his prime on 10 millions an year.

3 hours ago, godzilu said:

Also, reading the status of that agent, it seems you are easy to handle and give big wages. Most of the agents in my games hate me because I am a cheap manager who would have Messi in his prime on 10 millions an year.

Didn't that is something to think about when you negotiate. You actually build a reputation.

For the topic starter: Just pay it and let us now how it went with him :)

On 21/01/2020 at 19:05, godzilu said:

Thats not the case. I am not sure why this agent likes me.

I am very shrewd spender. Except for a few players I try to nagotiate my deals to the bone.

On 21/01/2020 at 09:12, SergeiG said:

This is Sancho, a first team regular for a few years and a world superstar. getting 205K a week.

269353865_Screenshot_1.thumb.png.3565a77542eba1202e238735b6d67393.png2121732651_Screenshot_1.thumb.png.82868cfc6bc098a8ea7bf9801f63b0cf.png

That guy played a few years in the MLS and was not all that great and yet his wage demands are higher.

1439347606_Screenshot_1.thumb.png.a9327e7a616460311f321775bf9e84b5.png

THIS IS CRAZY!

This seems to be a bug

16 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

1820504339_Screenshot_1.thumb.png.fa918163b3f771e007a33e42e35c045f.png

Ok, this guy is nuts.

2 months past, he demands more now!

There is a simple solution to this. Whenever I find a bug, like the staff responsibilities one when staff is hired even if you chose that YOU are the only one can hire staff, I use the editor to fix the issue. In your case, offer him an astronomic wage, with minimal sign on fee, and then edit the contract. 

I am curious, what's the Potential ability of that player? Can you check it please? If not I can do it for you if you send the save, I have both FMRTE and the ingame editor.

EDIT: You don't need to purchase FMRTE to see his PA, just download the trial, load the game and check the player. You can see everything but you cannot save edits on the trial.

PS: How come that agent now has a friendship relationship with you if you say you are a bad ass? He had respectful before. Also, what's the team status you offered? Key player?

Edited by godzilu

35 minutes ago, godzilu said:

There is a simple solution to this. Whenever I find a bug, like the staff responsibilities one when staff is hired even if you chose that YOU are the only one can hire staff, I use the editor to fix the issue. In your case, offer him an astronomic wage, with minimal sign on fee, and then edit the contract. 

I am curious, what's the Potential ability of that player? Can you check it please? If not I can do it for you if you send the save, I have both FMRTE and the ingame editor.

EDIT: You don't need to purchase FMRTE, just download the trial, load the game and check the player. You can see everything but you cannot save edits on the trial.

FMRTE says his CA/PA is 134/158(24)

5 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Lol, that's hilarious. And he asks that wage :D Did you give him key status in the new contract?

PS: Sell him quickly. If you get close to his value you are lucky.

He can still become decent player in a good role with a PA of 154.

5 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Lol, that's hilarious. And he asks that wage :D Did you give him key status in the new contract?

PS: Sell him quickly. If you get close to his value you are lucky.

Nope, gave him fringe player status.

And yeah, comes January and his gone.

5 minutes ago, Carambau said:

He can still become decent player in a good role with a PA of 154.

He is Manchester United, decent is not for them. Unless you speak about IRL. And most certainly not for those wages.

1 minute ago, godzilu said:

Lol, this one is great, he has 18 Determination, he is driven. Maybe focus on Tackling a bit, but look at his physicals. 

Yep, He is not gonna be a 5 star player but can be a very useful sub/rotation player

23 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

I got another 20YO prospect who is better(177 PA) and not asking for a crazy wage.

Ill stick with this one.

Screenshot_1hhhhhh.thumb.png.404f8ba1462c38de51471e9b66c6166c.png

I'm almost 99% sure the reason you're having this issue is because the first guy doesn't have recent caps for the national squad, and so, to get a work permit, needs to meet the wage element of the appeals process, and this is lopsided due to the United wage structure. Meanwhile, the Brazillian lad does have recent caps for Brazil, and so meets the requirements for a work permit already, and so doesn't need high wages to get a permit.

18 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

Yep, He is not gonna be a 5 star player but can be a very useful sub/rotation player

Nope mate, he will be a 5 star defender. 177 is pretty damn good and his stats distribution is very good for a defender. Remember, Messi isn't all over the place.

11 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Nope mate, he will be a 5 star defender. 177 is pretty damn good and his stats distribution is very good for a defender. Remember, Messi isn't all over the place.

Hope your right.

I guess we will see in a few seasons :)

13 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'm almost 99% sure the reason you're having this issue is because the first guy doesn't have recent caps for the national squad, and so, to get a work permit, needs to meet the wage element of the appeals process, and this is lopsided due to the United wage structure. Meanwhile, the Brazillian lad does have recent caps for Brazil, and so meets the requirements for a work permit already, and so doesn't need high wages to get a permit.

Might be.

Its still insane to demand 600K after 25 games.