Steam account

Hello all

I stopped playing this game in 2006 ( well 2015 after pc update).

I'm thinking of buying fm2020 so is it like the old days buy a disk ( my perferred choice of playing) install and play

or has it now changed?

So do i need a steam account to play this game

Thanks.

Edited by rigton70

You need a Steam account to play - you can still buy it on disk, but it'll update online automatically and not need the disk really, only the Steam code in the box, so you might as well buy it online and just download it.

4 hours ago, rigton70 said:

Hello all

I stopped playing this game in 2006 ( well 2015 after pc update).

I'm thinking of buying fm2020 so is it like the old days buy a disk ( my perferred choice of playing) install and play

or has it now changed?

So do i need a steam account to play this game

Thanks.

Personally I'd not bother with it. we're on the second beta now and it's still not very good.

54 minutes ago, Hazpro said:

Personally I'd not bother with it. we're on the second beta now and it's still not very good.

If you wish to post to answer the OP's question then by all means do so.  If however you just want to troll the forums with your comments about the game, that do not provide any relevant info, then please stop.

On 20/01/2020 at 00:33, FrazT said:

Steam will happily let you play offline until there is either a steam or game update available- in my experience, it will not let you proceed if this is the case until you have reconnected and updated.

Maybe you know a fix but every time I load FM steam verifies installation and then my account, if I'm offline it tells me I need to go online and the game doesn't load, steam is set to load on startup too but never does.

I couldn't play this morning because of this.

Edited by HotDogManUK

50 minutes ago, HotDogManUK said:

Maybe you know a fix but every time I load FM steam verifies installation and then my account, if I'm offline it tells me I need to go online and the game doesn't load, steam is set to load on startup too but never does.

I couldn't play this morning because of this.

Perhaps this because the game has Denuvo installed, one of the reasons why I still play FM16

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Tony Wright 747:

Perhaps this because the game has Denuvo installed, one of the reasons why I still play FM16

Thats good for you and the +- 1000 people still playing FM 2016. But let people find a solution for this problem who actually know something about the recent versions.