Sports Interactive Community
FixUpDanSharp

Does low crossing even work? (Beta Patch)

I've played on the beta and a lot of my crosses are getting blocked too. That for me isn't the biggest issue as general play through the center of the pitch is gone and all fluidity from players seem to be extremely low. What I mean by this is that there is a lot of back passing and horizontal passing for long periods of time which eventually results in a long shot from a midfielder. Honestly the beta patch seems like they just reverted the last patch and went back to the original patch minus players shooting into the side netting. It's honestly made the game worse than the current state that it is in. As for penalties being fixed it's really not and it could be a small sample size but I've missed my first 4 penalties out of the possible 5 with 17 penalty taking and 18 composure. 

If they wanted no through balls being played over the top they definitely fixed that but it seems to be over tuned now where maybe 1 gets played through every game or 2. 

Play FM17 for a while, where 50% of all goals are via low cross.

That's the version I owned until I bought this one. I still cringe whenever a low cross comes through my penalty area.

7 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

It's supposed to be under review.

Ah didn't realise that, hopefully they have a solution, i dont expect every cross to be a perfect low ball into a oncoming striker or anything i just want to see them attempting it at least

What do you mean single digits in crosses complete % is not realistic? :P It just doesn't work. And somehow they broke the headers system now. They look smooth in the Alpha, at least in terms of the animation. Conversion there was an absolute farce as well. Of course that would imply that cross would reach the target man... 9% of the time.

On 18/01/2020 at 23:30, FixUpDanSharp said:

Screenshot_16.jpg

As much as i believe crossing decisions are atrocious theo has no one to cross to there

id expect a shot

For me it's not necessarily about crossing to a player, I want then to put the ball into dangerous areas and let the skill/movement of my striker determine if there's a chance or not. But yeh the pic probably isn't the greatest example

I am just wondering, does anyone saw a goal after a floating cross scored by a header? Even my best aerial striker (17 jumping, 16 header, every other attribute that might be relevant about 14-15) is unable to score after a cross. The strikers don't get the ball on goal even when they are totally unmarked. Exception are headers after free kicks and corners and a wide man getting his foot at the ball at the far post. But in the current state of the ME playing down the flanks does not make sense to me. I did not see a single goal in multiple seasons neither by my strikers nor by the ai's.

3 hours ago, uglykidchris said:

I am just wondering, does anyone saw a goal after a floating cross scored by a header? Even my best aerial striker (17 jumping, 16 header, every other attribute that might be relevant about 14-15) is unable to score after a cross. The strikers don't get the ball on goal even when they are totally unmarked. Exception are headers after free kicks and corners and a wide man getting his foot at the ball at the far post. But in the current state of the ME playing down the flanks does not make sense to me. I did not see a single goal in multiple seasons neither by my strikers nor by the ai's.

SI is this a reported bug? There is no goals being scored from headers by the strikers.

Headers in general seem just really atrocious (even in the current beta build). If headers are going to be terrible, that's fine, but for the love of god make the "Low Crosses" instruction work so there is at least some effective way to mitigate that tactically. Right now my wingers score more headers than my strikers, and headed goals from corners? Might as well not even try.