Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone play with the blades in fm20? They play great football all above expectations and ıt could be a nıce career with them.I know ıts hard to replicate real 352 system with centre backs dribble with the the ball and joın the attacks but playıng them must be fun.I remember cleon had a save with them previous years ı dont know how to build the tactic for them

Link to post
Share on other sites

The unfortunate thin is that SI games hasn't put in overlapping  CB's in the game. Really a shame. Would be fun  to have that option when you play with a back-line of 3 CB's and don't have any wingers. 

Edited by MrGlenn1337
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 saat önce, MrGlenn1337 said:

The unfortunate thin is that SI games hasn't put in overlapping  CB's in the game. Really a shame. We be fun  to have that option when you play with a back-line of 3 CB's and don't have any wingers. 

u have any idea about how to built a tactic with blades?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 dakika önce, MrGlenn1337 said:

I don't. But Statman Dave did a video about The Blades playing style under Chris Wilder  

 

 

The Blades <--link to video

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MrGlenn1337 said:

The unfortunate thin is that SI games hasn't put in overlapping  CB's in the game. Really a shame. We be fun  to have that option when you play with a back-line of 3 CB's and don't have any wingers. 

You can do it. The centre backs you want doing it should selected as BPD’s and also should have brings ball out of defence trait  as well as play out of defence team instruction and distribute to central defenders. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Urbanscrumper said:

You can do it. The centre backs you want doing it should selected as BPD’s and also should have brings ball out of defence trait  as well as play out of defence team instruction and distribute to central defenders. 

Whilst this will get them forward occasionally, to suggest this replicates what Chris Wilder has them doing in real life is missing the point.

The outside CBs in real life cleverly pick their moments to create overloads down the wings. Rarely are they dribbling out from the back which is what you will more likely see in FM with those instructions. They tend to overlap off the ball creating a 3v2 on the wing, with the help of a centre mid, wing back and striker (McGoldrick) who drops deeper.

Until this is added properly it will be difficult to get anywhere near the current system used by Sheff Utd.

With this in mind, I created a similar approach without focussing on the CBs issue that has worked wonders. 
 

I’ve gone with the 3-5-2 as expected but with a SK (d), 3 CBs (d), DLP (s), CWBs (a), 2 mezzalas (s), a DLF (s) and a PF (a).

(at work so can’t screenshot from my laptop)

Finished 10th in season 1, having gotten rid of as many players I felt aren’t Premiership standard and then rebuilt at the end of season 1. Season 2 I just missed out on Europe on the last day and then season 3 I finished 4th and secured Champions League football, along with getting Dean Henderson to sign permanently! 
 

Moved on to another save at this point as having played every year with Sheff Utd, I was bored and needed a new challenge/country. I’ve taken the same system with me to Portugal and it’s working great there too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 dakika önce, BuryBlade said:

Whilst this will get them forward occasionally, to suggest this replicates what Chris Wilder has them doing in real life is missing the point.

The outside CBs in real life cleverly pick their moments to create overloads down the wings. Rarely are they dribbling out from the back which is what you will more likely see in FM with those instructions. They tend to overlap off the ball creating a 3v2 on the wing, with the help of a centre mid, wing back and striker (McGoldrick) who drops deeper.

Until this is added properly it will be difficult to get anywhere near the current system used by Sheff Utd.

With this in mind, I created a similar approach without focussing on the CBs issue that has worked wonders. 
 

I’ve gone with the 3-5-2 as expected but with a SK (d), 3 CBs (d), DLP (s), CWBs (a), 2 mezzalas (s), a DLF (s) and a PF (a).

(at work so can’t screenshot from my laptop)

Finished 10th in season 1, having gotten rid of as many players I felt aren’t Premiership standard and then rebuilt at the end of season 1. Season 2 I just missed out on Europe on the last day and then season 3 I finished 4th and secured Champions League football, along with getting Dean Henderson to sign permanently! 
 

Moved on to another save at this point as having played every year with Sheff Utd, I was bored and needed a new challenge/country. I’ve taken the same system with me to Portugal and it’s working great there too.

ı follow sheffiel united in real lıfe and very good team to watch ı just play with them and make a dynasty maybe.This team built up for 3 at back bur cant figure out a tactic worked for them

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dido53 said:

ı follow sheffiel united in real lıfe and very good team to watch ı just play with them and make a dynasty maybe.This team built up for 3 at back bur cant figure out a tactic worked for them

Everything is set up perfectly to make a dynasty. Players like Egan, O’Connell, Baldock, Stevens and Fleck are good Premiership players to build around. The 3-5-2 works well on FM if you get the player roles and instructions right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 dakika önce, BuryBlade said:

Everything is set up perfectly to make a dynasty. Players like Egan, O’Connell, Baldock, Stevens and Fleck are good Premiership players to build around. The 3-5-2 works well on FM if you get the player roles and instructions right. 

agreed  mate can you help me wıth that :)?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.b2be57f618a8302395c3ef5154aadf61.pngI make somethıng lıke this but not getting anythıng out bad at both sides attack and defence

1 saat önce, BuryBlade said:

I can help but I won’t spoon feed! Screenshot what you have created or think will work and I’ll make some suggestions.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dido53 said:

image.thumb.png.b2be57f618a8302395c3ef5154aadf61.pngI make somethıng lıke this but not getting anythıng out bad at both sides attack and defence

 

I can spot a couple of issues but please can you translate the screen into English so I can see the instructions and player roles? I think I can help improve your attacking side which will also help you defensively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 dakika önce, BuryBlade said:

I can spot a couple of issues but please can you translate the screen into English so I can see the instructions and player roles? I think I can help improve your attacking side which will also help you defensively.

balanced

in possession - shorter passing, slightly higher tempo, overlap left, overlap right

In transition - counter, distribute quickly

Out of possession - standard DL, lower LOE, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 dakika önce, BuryBlade said:

Thanks and can you tell me what the player roles for the midfielders and strikers are? 

sorry mate forget that

wing backs

left complete wing back support right wing back support 

midfield 

bwm(support)deep lyıng playmaker(support)boxtobox(support

forwards

deep lyıng forward(support) advanced forward

Edited by dido53
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, thanks.

First issue is you don’t have enough attacking roles. It’s important to think where and how are the goals coming. Who is going to create and who is going to score. So, in this formation, you currently only have the advanced forward. I would suggest you make both WBs complete wing backs on attack. Let’s create chances down the wings.

The rest of your tactic is actually alright on paper. You haven’t got anything glaringly wrong so things just need tweaking. For example, I would use Norwood as the DLP and move him back a line (to the DM strata- above the CBs). 
 

Have a try with those changes and watch the match highlights on extended. Then see if you can identify any areas of concern in attack or defence. Let me know how you get on. 

I am interested to see how you get on by making changes yourself. If things don’t improve, I will show you what I have created and see if that gives you any ideas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 dakika önce, BuryBlade said:

Okay, thanks.

First issue is you don’t have enough attacking roles. It’s important to think where and how are the goals coming. Who is going to create and who is going to score. So, in this formation, you currently only have the advanced forward. I would suggest you make both WBs complete wing backs on attack. Let’s create chances down the wings.

The rest of your tactic is actually alright on paper. You haven’t got anything glaringly wrong so things just need tweaking. For example, I would use Norwood as the DLP and move him back a line (to the DM strata- above the CBs). 
 

Have a try with those changes and watch the match highlights on extended. Then see if you can identify any areas of concern in attack or defence. Let me know how you get on. 

I am interested to see how you get on by making changes yourself. If things don’t improve, I will show you what I have created and see if that gives you any ideas.

thanks mate ı wıll gıve ıt a go and right back you ın a mınute

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 dakika önce, BuryBlade said:

Okay, thanks.

First issue is you don’t have enough attacking roles. It’s important to think where and how are the goals coming. Who is going to create and who is going to score. So, in this formation, you currently only have the advanced forward. I would suggest you make both WBs complete wing backs on attack. Let’s create chances down the wings.

The rest of your tactic is actually alright on paper. You haven’t got anything glaringly wrong so things just need tweaking. For example, I would use Norwood as the DLP and move him back a line (to the DM strata- above the CBs). 
 

Have a try with those changes and watch the match highlights on extended. Then see if you can identify any areas of concern in attack or defence. Let me know how you get on. 

I am interested to see how you get on by making changes yourself. If things don’t improve, I will show you what I have created and see if that gives you any ideas.

image.thumb.png.da172fc1e7d520cd7952dae0e6837e45.pngimage.thumb.png.eb675426d3f18c9dd4b48ab68bb70073.pngfirst game against a weak side but good result good gameı use norwood at dm place as dlp d besic as bwm s and lundstram b2b but give hım a lıcence to go forward more

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! Hat trick for RWB Baldock too! I’ve found both my WBs get double figures for goals and assists every season in my system. Long term I retrain wingers to play there for the better attack attributes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone else reading the thread is interested, this is my approach to Sheff Utd’s 3-5-2 tactic in FM. At Sheff Utd I used the cautious approach due to most teams being better on paper than us. At Sporting, I am better than most teams so I use attacking.

C0A3B39B-7C1D-4B7F-87E4-E620876AF765.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried to replicated it by having one CB(c) and then players in the RB/LB as IWB(s) and RWB/LWB positions as CWB(a). Found that you have more versatility with IWBs than CBs and can ask them to do more things.

To complete the midfield, there's a HB(d) in the deep midfield role (Norwood comes as deep as Egan at times), with a BBM(s) (Fleck's role) and a MEZ(s) Lundstram.

F9 (McGoldrick) and PF(a) (Mousset) up front.

The positives are that you can produce overloads down the flanks, with the WBs, IWBs, and left/right sided midfielder down each side. The F9 provides an extra man in midfield.

The downside is that i've struggled to defend effectively - but i'm putting this down to playing far too aggressively and leaving loads of space in behind. Might work well if you play with a cautious mentality but with a high line and not too aggressive pressing? Certainly doesn't work with counter pressing. I think it could be balanced out quite nicely though with the correct TIs, I just haven't found them yet.

 

Edited by johnstonpickle
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, johnstonpickle said:

I've tried to replicated it by having one CB(c) and then players in the RB/LB as IWB(s) and RWB/LWB positions as CWB(a). Found that you have more versatility with IWBs than CBs and can ask them to do more things.

To complete the midfield, there's a HB(d) in the deep midfield role (Norwood comes as deep as Egan at times), with a BBM(s) (Fleck's role) and a MEZ(s) Lundstram.

F9 (McGoldrick) and PF(a) (Mousset) up front.

The positives are that you can produce overloads down the flanks, with the WBs, IWBs, and left/right sided midfielder down each side. The F9 provides an extra man in midfield.

The downside is that i've struggled to defend effectively - but i'm putting this down to playing far too aggressively and leaving loads of space in behind. Might work well if you play with a cautious mentality but with a high line and not too aggressive pressing? Certainly doesn't work with counter pressing. I think it could be balanced out quite nicely though with the correct TIs, I just haven't found them yet.

 

Nice ideas. I’d swap Fleck and Lundstram’s roles though. Lundstram is definitely more the b2b player in my opinion, with Fleck having the better technical attributes to play the mezzala role.

I get what you’re saying about Norwood. At times, Egan is left very much on his own and Norwood drops back in. He does act like an American football Quarterback in the sense he controls the tempo and passing. 
However in FM, I prefer to use him as a DLP on defend and get him working on traits such as dictates tempo, comes deep to get ball and rarely gets forward. (Can’t remember which he already had in game). I feel he controls the game better in the match engine this way.

Have you tried dropping the defensive line to standard or low and the POE line to standard, with pressing set as slightly urgent? This should reduce the impact of long balls over the top and avoid players being too far out of position when the opponent counters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 saat önce, johnstonpickle said:

I've tried to replicated it by having one CB(c) and then players in the RB/LB as IWB(s) and RWB/LWB positions as CWB(a). Found that you have more versatility with IWBs than CBs and can ask them to do more things.

To complete the midfield, there's a HB(d) in the deep midfield role (Norwood comes as deep as Egan at times), with a BBM(s) (Fleck's role) and a MEZ(s) Lundstram.

F9 (McGoldrick) and PF(a) (Mousset) up front.

The positives are that you can produce overloads down the flanks, with the WBs, IWBs, and left/right sided midfielder down each side. The F9 provides an extra man in midfield.

The downside is that i've struggled to defend effectively - but i'm putting this down to playing far too aggressively and leaving loads of space in behind. Might work well if you play with a cautious mentality but with a high line and not too aggressive pressing? Certainly doesn't work with counter pressing. I think it could be balanced out quite nicely though with the correct TIs, I just haven't found them yet.

 

ınterestıng opınıons mate:) ı thınk playıng wıth regular 3 and a player at dm posıtıon(dlp mostly)works good but ıf you make your tactic work ıt would be nıce to watch

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Nice ideas. I’d swap Fleck and Lundstram’s roles though. Lundstram is definitely more the b2b player in my opinion, with Fleck having the better technical attributes to play the mezzala role.

I get what you’re saying about Norwood. At times, Egan is left very much on his own and Norwood drops back in. He does act like an American football Quarterback in the sense he controls the tempo and passing. 
However in FM, I prefer to use him as a DLP on defend and get him working on traits such as dictates tempo, comes deep to get ball and rarely gets forward. (Can’t remember which he already had in game). I feel he controls the game better in the match engine this way.

Have you tried dropping the defensive line to standard or low and the POE line to standard, with pressing set as slightly urgent? This should reduce the impact of long balls over the top and avoid players being too far out of position when the opponent counters.

Yeah you could swap them round I guess. Lot of flexibility in there depending on what you want them to do.

I tried Norwood as a DLP(d) but I found he didn't drop deep enough to support the lone CB and it left me exposed. Even as a HB I've found that if the player has the attributes he will still try to control the game as a DLP would but will be a bit more disciplined defensively.

I abandoned the tactic for a while to be honest, but the more stuff i've been reading about how to prevent being exploited by the long balls and applied this to my other tactics, the more I think that it could work with this one. I always felt that playing with a lower line and lower pressing made my teams a bit more passive but i think there's definitley a way to balance things out. I will certainly give it a go anyways!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the fact you’ve tried to find a way to make it work rather than just download a tactic from the tactics thread. I started working on my tactic 3 years ago, after years of just using someone else’s and it’s far more rewarding I think! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ı entered my second season gave all my butget to haaland and grealish.Started slow on the league but gor euro group stage and second place at group after galatasaray with two games to go.I have problem with the league cant fınd the ryhtm for now

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.cf3e26591ad3a4952ec44dd3fa9d78a7.pngimage.thumb.png.ae9e9fcb5080bf567fc175c65b8d71a3.pngthese are the tactics and team with few transfer and regen additions.I fınıshed 7 first season and 5 second season(lost lots of poınts concedıng penalties and couldnt finish the game even up by1or 2)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trevomac said:

Capture4.thumb.PNG.6848be85ae0dc3f9bf9deeaa713307a0.PNG

This is the setup I started with season 1 with The Blades. I did tinker alot during games but finished 2nd in the league an runner up in FA Cup

Wow excellent results! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2020 at 04:26, Urbanscrumper said:

You can do it. The centre backs you want doing it should selected as BPD’s and also should have brings ball out of defence trait  as well as play out of defence team instruction and distribute to central defenders. 

No you can't. You will never see in fm an CB doing overlaps or underlaps in FM20.

What you are talking about is just CB's taking the ball out of defence instead of hitting it long, not overlaps or underlaps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2020 at 22:27, MrGlenn1337 said:

No you can't. You will never see in fm an CB doing overlaps or underlaps in FM20.

What you are talking about is just CB's taking the ball out of defence instead of hitting it long, not overlaps or underlaps. 

Indeed, pretty hard to get it working  at the moment...

 

 Particularly of note is Rashidi's comments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 19:38, Welshace said:

Indeed, pretty hard to get it working  at the moment...

 

 Particularly of note is Rashidi's comments.

Imo Si Games needs to put in more instructions to FM to make it more flexible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrGlenn1337 said:

Imo Si Games needs to put in more instructions to FM to make it more flexible. 

It's not really the amount of intructions... its all there already in game, it's just the engine itself doesn't allow the kind of movement that's needed for this particular role .. which isn't surprising considering how ouyt of hte norm it is irl football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 saat önce, Welshace said:

It's not really the amount of intructions... its all there already in game, it's just the engine itself doesn't allow the kind of movement that's needed for this particular role .. which isn't surprising considering how ouyt of hte norm it is irl football.

ı think this years edition is maybe the worst one.I buy from the first game and  so many errors ın this year wingers wingbacks so many long balls over the defence ıts really disappoıntment unfortunately 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dido53 said:

ı think this years edition is maybe the worst one.I buy from the first game and  so many errors ın this year wingers wingbacks so many long balls over the defence ıts really disappoıntment unfortunately 

Have you tried the new version just out now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 dakika önce, Welshace said:

Have you tried the new version just out now?

ı am playing with my team galatasaray updated just now ım gonna look ıf ıts better or not.I might start a new save with sheffiled united(new interesting signings) or wolverhampton.Did u tried?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
2 saat önce, Mr harry 38 said:

Surprised not many people are doing a sheff utd save there a very good team 

yeah ıts just bad that ın game u cant replicate their tactics properly.also ı thınk playing with 3 at back is very hard but ım playıng wıth them finished first season 7 now ım 5 at 2 season

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...