Fans reaction when signing new player

Do fans reaction counts when signing a new player? Especially when i want to sign a player without scouting him but if i see it has good stats and it looks better than my actual players, but the fans are disappointed (C, D,E)....Should i sign it anyway or somehow i should consider that fans reaction says something about the quality of that player? Or how it works in this case?

1 minute ago, bitzu_rock said:

Do fans reaction counts when signing a new player? Especially when i want to sign a player without scouting him but if i see it has good stats and it looks better than my actual players, but the fans are disappointed (C, D,E)....Should i sign it anyway or somehow i should consider that fans reaction says something about the quality of that player? Or how it works in this case?

Just like real life... some fans will talk sense, some fans will talk complete rubbish...

Mostly comes down to reputation, buying an unknown player will almost always result in fans being annoyed or upset, but that doesn't mean the player is bad..

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Just like real life... some fans will talk sense, some fans will talk complete rubbish...

Mostly comes down to reputation, buying an unknown player will almost always result in fans being annoyed or upset, but that doesn't mean the player is bad..

Yes, but the fact that they are upset could influence somehow that player's evolution? Or even the board happiness?

Just now, bitzu_rock said:

Yes, but the fact that they are upset could influence somehow that player's evolution? Or even the board happiness?

The board have their onw expectations and feelings on player signings... and no it won't have any effect on how the player develops, unless the player becomes massively unhappy.

3 hours ago, bitzu_rock said:

It's the board you need to keep happy, not the fans. Ignore them. You're the boss, don't let fan opinion influence you. I run my empire with an iron fist.

Edited by Tiger666

I generally ignore what the fans or the board say when signing or selling a player.

I've had the board complain that I sold a backup midfielder at a profit because of the "finances" involved in the deal (signed for £48 million, sold for £54 million) and I had the fans complaining that I'd sold Luke Shaw despite the fact he was my 3rd pick at LB.