Sports Interactive Community
maxfriend

Passing across goal when 2 on 1 with GK

Is there an instruction or trait which I can add/train which would allow my forwards default option when 2 on 1 with the keeper to be to pass the ball across goal to the other striker? I am managing in the lower leagues and many times I have found my forwards will try to shoot and miss/saved, when there is a simple ball across goal which will result in an almost certain goal.

7 hours ago, maxfriend said:

Is there an instruction or trait which I can add/train which would allow my forwards default option when 2 on 1 with the keeper to be to pass the ball across goal to the other striker? I am managing in the lower leagues and many times I have found my forwards will try to shoot and miss/saved, when there is a simple ball across goal which will result in an almost certain goal.

My personal experience is match preparation teamwork helps a little. Might be just me dreaming but its worth a shot.

No this just doesn't happen enough, I think its a way of making the game harder. I even use wingers with "prefers to pass rather than shoot"

On 17/01/2020 at 15:52, dannysheard said:

You need the instruction ‘Waits for update’ on all players

How do I do this??

Just now, maxfriend said:

How do I do this??

It's a joke. ;)

There's currently an issue where players tend to go for own success rather than lay it wide. In the open beta, this seems to be fixed (at least as far as I can see). You'll still get those shots but only when there are no other options available (or when the player has for example very low teamwork).

16 hours ago, Welshace said:

Have you tried the public beta ?

How do you mean?