[FM20] Lost in Paisley

Carambau

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a read and what a performance, giving this a follow :brock:

Made some great signings to help boost you up but you've missed a trick on Doohan, if given game time he turns into a top talent and could have been your number 1 until a big boy team came and paid top money for him.

14 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

What a read and what a performance, giving this a follow :brock:

Made some great signings to help boost you up but you've missed a trick on Doohan, if given game time he turns into a top talent and could have been your number 1 until a big boy team came and paid top money for him.

Oh! Thank you very much :) nice to hear you like the story :cool: 

I had high hopes in Doohan at first but somehow he didn´t progress that much and then one of my scouts spotted Klaessen in Norway... I guess he will stay the odd backup until he gets unhappy and wants to leave for not getting enough game time.

10 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Oh! Thank you very much :) nice to hear you like the story :cool: 

I had high hopes in Doohan at first but somehow he didn´t progress that much and then one of my scouts spotted Klaessen in Norway... I guess he will stay the odd backup until he gets unhappy and wants to leave for not getting enough game time.

My go to keeper past 2 years when playing in the Scottish leagues, which I mainly do being Scottish.

Magennis, Erhahon, McAllister are all worldies who advance hugely and could play for the Old Firm.

I'm guessing you aren't Scottish though from things you've written? 

35 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

My go to keeper past 2 years when playing in the Scottish leagues, which I mainly do being Scottish.

Magennis, Erhahon, McAllister are all worldies who advance hugely and could play for the Old Firm.

I'm guessing you aren't Scottish though from things you've written? 

Oh yes, especially Erhahon keeps getting better, Magennis rose quickly but somehow stalled in his development at the moment. Both still young though. Sadly had to sell McAllister at the beginning of the save when money was too tight to mention still.. No, I´m not Scottish (swiss by birth), but I always had an interest in the Scottish league. My neighbor is from Glasgow and a die-hard Partick Thistle supporter and we used to have some drinks together once in a while, maybe that played a role as well :)

3 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Oh yes, especially Erhahon keeps getting better, Magennis rose quickly but somehow stalled in his development at the moment. Both still young though. Sadly had to sell McAllister at the beginning of the save when money was too tight to mention still.. No, I´m not Scottish (swiss by birth), but I always had an interest in the Scottish league. My neighbor is from Glasgow and a die-hard Partick Thistle supporter and we used to have some drinks together once in a while, maybe that played a role as well :)

Oh yeah I forgot. You got great money for him though.

Do you have the English leagues/any other leagues loaded?

On release I started with Motherwell and did so well my best players wanted to leave for a new challenge but I couldn't get any where near to market value for them which infuriated me as I'd won the League Cup 4 times, Scottish Cup once and was playing in Europe each season.

I had no other leagues loaded at the time though which I've since been told is why the transfer bids were so derogatory as no demand for players with such few leagues loaded.

8 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Oh yeah I forgot. You got great money for him though.

Do you have the English leagues/any other leagues loaded?

On release I started with Motherwell and did so well my best players wanted to leave for a new challenge but I couldn't get any where near to market value for them which infuriated me as I'd won the League Cup 4 times, Scottish Cup once and was playing in Europe each season.

I had no other leagues loaded at the time though which I've since been told is why the transfer bids were so derogatory as no demand for players with such few leagues loaded.

I too have only the 4 Scottish leagues loaded, as my laptop doesnt manage more leagues and I can say the same. The bids are not great indeed, with McAllisters transfer being the exception of the rule. Since then no one really came up with a great bid for one of my top players, which is good I guess so I can keep them at St. Mirren for longer :) I´m glad money is not a problem at the moment, we got around a 20M balance, thanks to the Champions League group stage qualification.

I also kept all the players I wanted to and left after my 4th year so I'm not sure if I would have had to worry about players running their contracts down to leave for their fresh challenge.

I did notice that Turnbull (who you've just signed) wanted away the whole time but never in fact left the club in all the years after. That annoyed me no end as his morale was rubbish when I was managing him as I wouldn't let him leave.

Hmm...you're very much tempting me to go back for a bash again. Currently trying a no experience Journeyman save and made my way into the Israeli top division after some years starting out in the Faroe Islands.

I had Magennis complain once about having achieved everything he can at St. Mirren just recently, but Liam Donelly is so good at shutting them off in his role as captain that once I have him speak to them they back down immediately :D

Turnbull turned out not that good up to now, he does not get too many games, certainly less than he expected and he also already complained once but Donnelly went and talked to him and now he is quiet again ;) But I can feel it coming up again soon.. anyway if he does not get better, he can leave.

Of course, give it a go in the Scottish League again! I would be following for sure :)

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2023/2024 OCTOBER, NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

rPwsytv.png

We are still unbeaten. October was not a good month though, as we only managed three draws. Magalhaes and Shakes form a good partnership in attack.

D6pOJ6l.png

Top of the league at half time. Celtic are also unbeaten. We should really have a chance this season.

LEAGUE CUP

taVbJjQ.png

We fought hard but -as usual- Celtic prevail.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

nCc2ZTF.png

I think we did pretty well for a first timer. We did not get a beating and kept the scores tight. And we got one point in the end. That was our target before.

lyY3R9v.png

We are out of Europe but we enjoyed the ride.

NEWS

ZQcSFWf.png

Our youngsters show the first team how its done properly! They gave the Real Madrid U19s a really good hiding!

aLyNoQ6.png

...They even topped the group!

rlIu6Rh.png

I asked the board for an affiliate and they came back with Championship side Airdrieonians. Good enough for me. We can send out young players on loan there now.

sAQxu31.png

He turned out to be an excellent loan player for us. Hopefully we can make the move permanent at the end of the season.

mVI2mHM.png

People talk a lot. I didn´t know about any debts before though.

89oEKTd.png

Turns out its about 1.3M. We have 20M in the bank so this should not be a problem to be cleared?!

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2023/2024 JANUARY - APRIL 2024

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

MpnuZxa.png

Two losses, both against the old firm. We don´t complain about the other results. Bring on the top 6 split.

EHlzLiC.png

We are topping the table, Celtic are just one point behind us. This is a title race. Rangers don´t have anything to do with it.

SCOTTISH CUP

LgOvWgH.png

An easy road to the final.

LBK6vNG.png

Hello again.

NEWS

KOxD8bx.png

The Youth Intake brings at least three decent players this time.

YUpRy4m.png

The takeover has happened...

v0dMN31.png

...but not much changed yet. We will only get see in the long run if this is just talk or real commitment of the new president.

1isY5cT.png

The young ones did well, defeating Roma in the round before and then losing to Benfica in the quarters.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2023/2024 APRIL - MAY 2024

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

fZFY4Dc.png

In the end we only manage 2 wins in the top 6 split phase. Not enough to become Champions of Scotland.

bVDZzzj.png

It is ONE point that´s missing. Celtic are Champions. AGAIN.

SCOTTISH CUP

gwz8Laz.png

Humiliation by Celtic part 2: We lose the Cup Final. It wasn´t even a close affair, so I am disappointed.

END OF SEASON STATS

g6mMLfj.png

This season could be called "The rise of Magennis". After a rather mediocre last season he showed why he is our best player. And of course portuguese teen sensation Magalhaes. The youngster scored 26 goals and won the topscorer award of the SPL. Sadly, he was only on loan and he had to leave after the season. We will try to loan him out again for next season. Gabbia captained the defence with Dingwall on his side. Baird is not good enough and will leave. And Ruiz continues his rise to greatness.

a76fCm0.png

eCmdUn5.png

v7rabFD.png

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2024/2025 JUNE - JULY 2025

TRANSFERS

TmxYWgP.png

Bolton never really clicked in our team and Turnbull was so negative in the end no one wanted him here anymore. Long time striker Mullen leaves on a free.

RNRQJru.png

• Talented midfielder Joel Imerger had a great last season with Livingston, he will not be a first teamer but gets his games surely
  • Tom Krauss, a former RB Leipzig man, will be the new leading man in our defensive midfield
  • David Turnbull is a young Chelsea FC academy product for our central midfield
  • Hinterseer is a veteran striker who could mentor our young attacking talent besides hopefully scoring with his experience
  • Ryan Bertrand joins on a free for the left back position
  • Nogueira  is a young ball-winning midfielder from Portugal

wofLahD.png

He is back for another season! We tried to buy him but they wanted 45M, so at least we could loan him out again.

SQUAD OVERVIEW

mhoISTX.png

Same as last season. Klaesson all the way. Doohan maybe in the domestic cups.

iq5VS9s.png

Nogueira and Imenger can play in defence too. Gabbia and Dingwall in the center. Kalley will compete with Bertrand.

SikHtnV.png

Krauss will be the main man in the center. Magennis on the right, Ruiz on the left. Wilshere, Docherty and some more are candidates for the place along Krauss.

i3v2xoB.png

Magalhaes is back. A sure starter. Hinterseer brings experience. Ward and Shakes will get their time too.

NEWS

3HrazRZ.png

Still Rangers in front of us. It´s time we overtake them.

1KRek4f.png

The EURO took place and England won it with ease. Scotland made it out of the group stage at least.

Edited by Carambau

Ahh man gutted!

It's so infuriating battling Celtic and losing it so late on in the season.

My Motherwell boys past two years have lost the league in the split as well.

We go again, hopefully this will be the year for us both.

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Ahh man gutted!

It's so infuriating battling Celtic and losing it so late on in the season.

My Motherwell boys past two years have lost the league in the split as well.

We go again, hopefully this will be the year for us both.

We will just have to try again and again. It will happen at some time :)

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2024/2025 AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

0YDtKzG.png

Bad start but it got better. We even manage a draw against Celtic.

vgQMKC2.png

Looks the same like last year at that time.

LEAGUE CUP

zXYqxqf.png

Ross County were hard to beat, but in the end we managed. Inverness were not that tough and so we are in the semi final.

rW9IZ6E.png

Killie should be beatable.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

m4onUdZ.png

Qualification against Zenit and then Eindhoven was quite an achievement for a club of our stature.

sgfClWX.png

Again a tough group, even harder than last season. I hope we have grown as a team in the meantime...

raT0vDR.png

...and it looks like that indeed. We win our first UEFA Champions League match!

NEWS

KFJAV7b.png

This hits us hard. At least Kalley can play in that position, Wilshere as well. But they are no Kays Ruiz...

Edited by Carambau

20 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Ooft what a Champs League draw. 

Well done on the win but I would think if it ain't you I'd expect Porto to be the whipping boys. 

Sorry Motherwell of all teams done you :ackter:

We´re gonna see who will be the whipping boys... 

Nevermind about Motherwell - they are a good team and we won almost every game afterwards, so it was a good wake up call into the season ;)

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2024/2025 OCTOBER, NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

IPn9DzH.png

An almost flawless record, if there weren´t the damn Rangers! They shut us off in the last game of the year.

rdo6F5j.png

Now look at that! We are eight points clear after half of the season. Celtic dropped more points than us but I won´t count them out yet. You never should!

LEAGUE CUP

NOdPvp5.png

As expected, we made short work of Killie and reached the final against Rangers.

Spoiler

IB1mlJM.png

The League Cup is ours! In a hard-fought victory, Super Sub Greg Docherty became the unlikely hero, deciding the game with two goals. 

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

MwDqbkq.png

We won three games, two against Porto and one against Leverkusen. The away win in Porto proved crucial and we qualify for the knockout rounds!

FJhRFfm.png

In the end, Leverkusen became the whipping boys of the group... :D

2FV35WG.png

This is going to be the end of us in this years Champions League.

NEWS

Yub2XY9.png

Quite a blow to our defence. I think there is gonna be some activity in the January transfer window.

gfIeHAa.png

I think this is the worst youth intake preview I ever got in this game! :lol:

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2024/2025 JANUARY - APRIL 2025

JANUARY WINDOW TRANSFERS

mPLEGWY.png

Lots of changes in our team happening in January! Denham and Souttar were fringe players and complained about too few playing time so it was not a hard decision to let them go. Ryan Bertrand however got an offer from Leeds which I declined and he immediately went on strike. So he also had to leave. Then, only two days before the window was about to shut, Valencia came and offered 8.25M for our goalkeeper Klaesson. Problem: He had a release clause with that value. So we had to bring in new players to make up for that.

xid21cQ.png

• Young right back Lenny Borges was on the transfer list and joins from Milan
  • Scottish national team defender Liam Morrison comes from Atletico Madrid, where he was relegated to the B team
  • Central defender Vlado Pleic was acquired from his native croatian club Dinamo Zagreb
  • Robbie McCrorie will be Klaessons successor and our new number one

Lenny Borges 

Spoiler

xIRAjRv.png

Liam Morrison 

Spoiler

oeLpsM2.png

Vlado Pleic 

Spoiler

zakN1cY.png

Robbie McCrorie 

Spoiler

B27Mrhv.png

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

5qctVuj.png

No defeat and only five draws. We are on the way to a very successful season.

405E2w2.png

We are seven points ahead. This could finally be our season. We can make history!

SCOTTISH CUP

fJTdIEP.png

Beating Rangers in the quarter finals felt nice...

eD5zpzq.png

...but then we met Celtic again and they beat us. This time after extra time and penalties.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

GvmChOp.png

Liverpool make short work of us. But then again we never thought we had a real chance against them. Well done boys, for reaching the knockout stage!

NEWS

W9in2my.png

A dreadful Youth Intake. But that was expected.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2024/2025 APRIL - MAY 2025

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

inTamtO.png

Dude, only one win in five games. Looks like nerves got to us in the end. Could this be enough to win the title...?

QB1WyET.png

YES! Because Celtic dropped too many unecessary points as well! So here is the League Title for St. Mirren FC!

cBSfL6S.png

In the end the margin is three points. Anyway, lets celebrate! This is the first SPL title for St. Mirren FC ever!

xColsGq.png

John Goodwin celebrates with us.

4U7r8tl.png

Feels nice to be an icon :)

lseqLZE.png

6pMZYIR.png

Tony Ward has his breakthrough season. He made an enormous leap in quality this year.

END OF SEASON STATS

1nPcSl8.png

The winter window signings were essential to win the title. Without them we just would not have had the quality to attack more couragous or to fill the gaps of injured players. McCrorie fit right in as number one and made Klaesson forget easily. Right Back Lenny Borges instantly became a first teamer, sad for Ralston, but he definately proved he is the better player. Ralston will have to fight hard for his place next season. Kalley once again ran the show on the left. Surprisingly, young Pleic showed he is on Morrisons level already. So theres another fight next year.  Gabbia is still our best central defender, Dingwall will have to fight an uphill battle next season as well.  I proclaim that Tom Krauss won us the title. He was the most important player and was always there when it got decisive, doing all the right things at the right time while steering our boat. Even Magennis , Erhahon or Ruiz could not cope with his influence, vision and work rate. The new midfield youngsters Imenger and Nogueira also played a vital part in winning the title as they were the perfect backups. Veteran Hinterseer was nothing more than a solid backup, as was Shakes who scored more goals. Tony Ward was almost on the level of our young loanee star Magalhaes. Docherty´s and Wilshere´s time at St. Mirren might be over, they still have a running contract though. Mee and Doohan won´t get their contracts extended and will leave the club at the end of the season. Apart from that, I don´t know if there is a big need of change for next season. If we can´t get Magalhaes in for another season, we will have to look for another leading striker to spearhead our attack though.

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2025/2026 JUNE - JULY 2026

TRANSFERS

QsDdyxy.png

Tony Ward is gone. We could not refuse the offer from Chelsea. This destroys our original seasons plan, as we have to get a replacement for him. Docherty asked to leave and we let him go to Aberdeen. Backup keepers Doohan and Mee also left us.

9n12KEf.png

• Ryan Mullen will be the new backup keeper. He had some very promising seasons at Falkirk
  • Carsten Beck is a 16 year old Danish talent for our right midfield. He is already so good we included him in our first team squad
  • Veteran Ryan Fraser can play on both sides in midfield
  • 33 year old World Cup winner Mario Gotze was out of contract and we just had to snap him up. He will retire next year
  • We bring in strong but aged (34) forward Christian Benteke for Tony Ward
  • Siriki Dembele turned out a flop after closer inspection and got moved to the reserves right away. Thats 1.7M out of the window

SQUAD OVERVIEW

YduFfWM.png

Russell Walker moves up from our reserves. McCrorie is the number one of course, with Mullen his backup, he will get some cup games.

ue5Veqm.png

No changes here. The fight is on between Ralston and Borges for right back and Gabbia, Morrison and Pleic for 2 center back places. Dingwall stalled in his development and seems too far away from the first team by now. Might be looking to cash in on him soon.

r3abhgi.png

Carsten Beck is such an exciting prospect, I can´t wait to see what he can offer us. Ryan Fraser and Mario Gotze bring much-needed experience. Jack Wilshere is up for sale but no interest from other clubs yet.

2iUF9Nu.png

Magalhaes does not come back this season, a real pity. But we couldn´t match the salary Benfica wanted for another loan. I doubt Benteke will have the same impact as the portuguese star, but maybe he can surprise us. Shakes will be his strike partner for the beginning, but Hinterseer and our academy product Shepherd will also get their games.

NEWS

lwGuxtb.png

We overtake Rangers, rightly so.

JJnjwm0.png

Never seen that before. And no way to prevent it.

Edited by Carambau

• Carambau changed the title to [FM20] Lost in Paisley - Finally Kings Of Scotland!

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2025/2026 AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

tnj7Ie3.png

Four draws and only three wins. At least we didnt lose against the old firm.

Ra2rAp1.png

Third. Ross County are the early surprise.

LEAGUE CUP

EWFeHN9.png

In the cup we play our 2nd team. We need penalties two times to get to the semis. Hey, we beat Celtic!

aEgrNJZ.png

Aberdeen are next. This could be another final for us.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

wg6Mrl7.png

As champions we went straight to the group stage. But we lose the first two matches.

Wvrnoq4.png

I don´t think we will reach the knockout stage this time...

NEWS

vbiqhkn.png

Looks like we have a problem here. Magennis thinks our club is already bigger than the likes of Gotze or Benteke obviously. Let´s see were this ends...

Z7JExhi.png

One of our academy products gets his first cap for Scotland. Congratulations, Robert Dingwall!

Edited by Carambau

UwUsMxn.png

SEASON 2025/2026 OCTOBER, NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

YFRUhHU.png

Still no defeat yet. Looks our form is picking up pace.

11bbDZI.png

And still we are only one point ahead of Celtic! They are relentless but we already know that.

LEAGUE CUP

578AA1J.png

We beat Aberdeen to reach the final against Dundee United...

nSJ07ZL.png

...and there we beat them to win the League Cup once more!

vJNQYLl.png

We retain our title.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Flm3kST.png

No chance for us. But if we had beaten Olympiakos by a bigger margin...

syYtmWi.png

...we would at least have ended up in the Europa League first knock-out round. That was damn close. Hope we can learn from that.

NEWS

MuolpMr.png

We sign a new left defender in January: Filip Brekalo from Napoli.

Edited by Carambau