59 minutes ago, daleniland2k71 said:

1241317382_ads2.thumb.PNG.db44b39d907e659075fdcfc53e8529e4.PNGTHESE ARE MY FILES IN THE PLACES THAT ITS SUPPOSE TO BE ORIGINATED IN IVE TRIED SO MANY WAYS TO GET IT RIGHT AND WHEN IVE PUT THEM IN THE CORRECT PLACE ITS ANNOYING THAT IT ALWAYS COMES UP AS DEFAULTS FOR THE BANNERS AND THE AD BOARDS ARE ALWAYS BLANK AND BLACK I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED ITS KINDA FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING

First of all drop the capitals it is considered shouting and is very rude when someone is taking the time to help you!

You have not posted a image of where you have placed the xml files which is what I suspect is causing the issues you are experiencing

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, daleniland2k71 said:

oh im so sorry im new to this sorry for that i really appreciate you helping me i really do i'm just adjusting to this sorry! there you go

ads gra.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

This is your issue, the xml files are in the wrong place make a folder called 'ads' in your football manager 2020 folder and place the xml files there, like the screenshot below

xml.png

Edited by rabcp
8 minutes ago, daleniland2k71 said:

thankyou very much its working now its much appreciated for all your hard work yourdoing and keep safe because of whats going in this world hope you and your fam is safe and okay! 

No problem, glad you got it working! Stay saffe too!

Hello! Thank you so much for making this, it looks great.

I thought I followed the instructions, but I am seeing blurry Football Manager 2000 logos on the ad boards, so I must've made a mistake somewhere along the way...

Any idea what I did incorrectly and what I can do to fix it? I am in Serie B on a Mac. (Something seems to wrong with the forum today and I can't upload an image.)

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Weston said:

Hello! Thank you so much for making this, it looks great.

I thought I followed the instructions, but I am seeing blurry Football Manager 2000 logos on the ad boards, so I must've made a mistake somewhere along the way...

Any idea what I did incorrectly and what I can do to fix it? I am in Serie B on a Mac. (Something seems to wrong with the forum today and I can't upload an image.)

Thanks!

You have not installed the patch correctly, your file locations must exactly match those in the installation video below

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4
1 hour ago, rabcp said:

You have not installed the patch correctly, your file locations must exactly match those in the installation video below

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4

Is there one of these videos for Mac? I thought I did everything correctly, but if I didn't I don't know how to determine where I went wrong. Is there a specific kind of mistake that would cause FM00 logos to appear and then be replaced by black boards that I can check to see if I made?

Alternately, is this perhaps a side effect of playing a club that was promoted from Serie C, or something of that sort?

8 hours ago, Weston said:

Is there one of these videos for Mac? I thought I did everything correctly, but if I didn't I don't know how to determine where I went wrong. Is there a specific kind of mistake that would cause FM00 logos to appear and then be replaced by black boards that I can check to see if I made?

Alternately, is this perhaps a side effect of playing a club that was promoted from Serie C, or something of that sort?

You where seeing adboards with the Football Manager 2008 logos on them as the XML file can not locate the static adboards so it loads these as a fall back, this means the static ads are in the wrong location, the static ads within your graphics folder should be in this path:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/football manager 2020

The black ads means the XML can not load the video ads in to you game, this means that they are in wrong location or that your system can not handle 'HD' graphics, the 'simatchviewer_uncompressed' folder should be in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data

If that is correct then go this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\simatchviewer_uncompressed\videos and rename the 'HD' folder to 'SD' this tricks the system into treating the same graphics as standard definition.

4 hours ago, rabcp said:

You where seeing adboards with the Football Manager 2008 logos on them as the XML file can not locate the static adboards so it loads these as a fall back, this means the static ads are in the wrong location, the static ads within your graphics folder should be in this path:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/football manager 2020

The black ads means the XML can not load the video ads in to you game, this means that they are in wrong location or that your system can not handle 'HD' graphics, the 'simatchviewer_uncompressed' folder should be in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data

If that is correct then go this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\simatchviewer_uncompressed\videos and rename the 'HD' folder to 'SD' this tricks the system into treating the same graphics as standard definition.

image.thumb.png.c5b406fb895dc4a8177630f0473b617f.pngimage.thumb.png.6abfa39c0ad2f7bd70e90a0abc1aaef8.png

Thank you for your reply. Does this not look correct? I have a pretty new system (see below) so I don't think the HD / SD thing is the issue, but if the above looks right to you I will change that and shut everything down and reopen it all to try it. Apologies, this area is not my strongsuit.

image.thumb.png.e09ff0fecf5baea3686c40ad4e5a8c53.png

1 hour ago, Weston said:

image.thumb.png.c5b406fb895dc4a8177630f0473b617f.pngimage.thumb.png.6abfa39c0ad2f7bd70e90a0abc1aaef8.png

Thank you for your reply. Does this not look correct? I have a pretty new system (see below) so I don't think the HD / SD thing is the issue, but if the above looks right to you I will change that and shut everything down and reopen it all to try it. Apologies, this area is not my strongsuit.

image.thumb.png.e09ff0fecf5baea3686c40ad4e5a8c53.png

From the above images, the xml files are in the correct location alongside the video ads so I would try the HD/SD trick with them. You have not posted your graphics folder setup though and this is where I believe the issue is

Going by the dates of your files you do not seem to have the newest version of the patch, I'd recommend that you install V1.2 of the patch as part of your troubleshooting https://www.mediafire.com/file/h91ik2mxv3zq0ic/FM20_Adboard_Project_v1.2_update_MAC.zip/file

8 hours ago, rabcp said:

From the above images, the xml files are in the correct location alongside the video ads so I would try the HD/SD trick with them. You have not posted your graphics folder setup though and this is where I believe the issue is

Going by the dates of your files you do not seem to have the newest version of the patch, I'd recommend that you install V1.2 of the patch as part of your troubleshooting https://www.mediafire.com/file/h91ik2mxv3zq0ic/FM20_Adboard_Project_v1.2_update_MAC.zip/file

I changed HD to SD and downloaded the update and replaced all the old files with the new ones. Still nothing.

Here is the graphics folder. Is this not right? I noticed that the graphics folder on the new update is empty.

image.thumb.png.df1a5426d034223e0610a6695222e5fa.png

Oddly the matches seem to be alternating between black ad boards and Football Manager 2008 ad boards. I've gone back to look at highlights of previous matches and they are not changing retroactively, though. So perhaps it has something to do with home / away or the club I am playing? Still not sure why either happen, though.

11 hours ago, Weston said:

Oddly the matches seem to be alternating between black ad boards and Football Manager 2008 ad boards. I've gone back to look at highlights of previous matches and they are not changing retroactively, though. So perhaps it has something to do with home / away or the club I am playing? Still not sure why either happen, though.

Black adbaords are loaded pitchside when video ads can not be found and the Football Manager 2008 adboards are displayed when the static ads can not be found. In other words the game can not find the required files which means they are missing! Does this issue occer with other leagues, preview a Serie A game and tell me the results

11 hours ago, Weston said:

I changed HD to SD and downloaded the update and replaced all the old files with the new ones. Still nothing.

Here is the graphics folder. Is this not right? I noticed that the graphics folder on the new update is empty.

image.thumb.png.df1a5426d034223e0610a6695222e5fa.png

That looks correct but the folder appears to be empty? there should be over 4,000 files in the ads folder and 700 alone from update V1.2

9 hours ago, rabcp said:

Black adbaords are loaded pitchside when video ads can not be found and the Football Manager 2008 adboards are displayed when the static ads can not be found. In other words the game can not find the required files which means they are missing! Does this issue occer with other leagues, preview a Serie A game and tell me the results

That looks correct but the folder appears to be empty? there should be over 4,000 files in the ads folder and 700 alone from update V1.2

I don't know how to preview a Serie A match, but I did "attend" one, which I've never done before. It looks like there's stuff at the top but not the bottom. So does this mean that static boards are working but not video ones? (Side note: Why is everyone wearing brown instead of Juve or Napoli colors?)

image.thumb.png.3e47f16caa3bdf5845c87db0c198250d.png

I'm confused what you mean, the ads folder does not seem empty to me. Here is one example of images inside and the path to get there:

image.thumb.png.5e71cb860f7719ebd2ca976e8fadc39b.png

Edited by Weston
1 hour ago, Weston said:

I don't know how to preview a Serie A match, but I did "attend" one, which I've never done before. It looks like there's stuff at the top but not the bottom. So does this mean that static boards are working but not video ones? (Side note: Why is everyone wearing brown instead of Juve or Napoli colors?)

image.thumb.png.3e47f16caa3bdf5845c87db0c198250d.png

I'm confused what you mean, the ads folder does not seem empty to me. Here is one example of images inside and the path to get there:

image.thumb.png.5e71cb860f7719ebd2ca976e8fadc39b.png

You are missing multiple files. redownload and install V1.0, V1.1 & V1.2 of the patch, install in that order and it will all work

On 02/04/2020 at 19:03, rabcp said:

You are missing multiple files. redownload and install V1.0, V1.1 & V1.2 of the patch, install in that order and it will all work

I deleted everything from before, re-downloaded all three downloads, and then installed them each in order, merging the folders each time. The XML stuff didn't give me the option to merge, it just said replace, so I kept that stuff the same.

I reloaded skin, closed the game, reopened the game, reloaded skin again, nothing.

Changed HD to SD, reloaded skin, and there are some static ad boards! Why would that change it, though - I thought this fix was for video ads not appearing?

image.thumb.png.dbebcb4b6304d87afb561936cc3b2c30.png

Does this look like it's supposed to? Excited to see what the video ones and club-specific ones are like - are there any of those in Serie B, or is all of Serie B just like this?

Edited by Weston
On 03/04/2020 at 13:11, SpiderJu said:

maybe it is better, for some people, if you release AIO (All in One) Adboard Patch.
So, maybe, no conflicts getting.
maybe...

While I get the point, you make it is just not practical, the full pack is just shy of 700MB and I do not see the point of uploading a 700MB file for each update when less than 5% of the file would contain new content. Also, not everybody has access to uncapped high-speed internet.

99% of people are able to use this patch with no difficulty and the other 1% typically never read the instructions, FAQ or watch the support video’s before posting about the same issues…

18 hours ago, Weston said:

I deleted everything from before, re-downloaded all three downloads, and then installed them each in order, merging the folders each time. The XML stuff didn't give me the option to merge, it just said replace, so I kept that stuff the same.

I reloaded skin, closed the game, reopened the game, reloaded skin again, nothing.

Changed HD to SD, reloaded skin, and there are some static ad boards! Why would that change it, though - I thought this fix was for video ads not appearing?

image.thumb.png.dbebcb4b6304d87afb561936cc3b2c30.png

Does this look like it's supposed to? Excited to see what the video ones and club-specific ones are like - are there any of those in Serie B, or is all of Serie B just like this?

Because as I previously pointed you were missing files as you had not installed the pack correctly... In regards to your issue with the xml file, the read me file clearly states the following:

"When merging any folders follow the following instruction;
press and hold the Option key, then drag one folder to the location that contains a folder with the same name. In the dialogue that appears, click Merge."

Video ads will only show for the bigger clubs within Serie B as they are dependent on club reputation, stadium size and league reputation.

@rabcp I have installed FM19 v 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, EPL updates part 1 and 2.  These have worked wonderfully on FM20.  What new updates should I install for the FM20 adboard project?  1.1 and 1.2?  Or should I go all the way back to 1.0 and install in order?

FYI, when I click on the link in the initial post to download version 1.1 of the FM20 adboard patch it actually pulls down a document verison of 1.0 update PC.  The other one is version 1.2 update PC.

Thanks so much for making this great patch!!!

Edited by Enos
Posted (edited)
On 09/04/2020 at 15:10, Enos said:

@rabcp I have installed FM19 v 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, EPL updates part 1 and 2.  These have worked wonderfully on FM20.  What new updates should I install for the FM20 adboard project?  1.1 and 1.2?  Or should I go all the way back to 1.0 and install in order?

FYI, when I click on the link in the initial post to download version 1.1 of the FM20 adboard patch it actually pulls down a document verison of 1.0 update PC.  The other one is version 1.2 update PC.

Thanks so much for making this great patch!!!

Thanks @Enos

If you have all of the FM19 packs installed then you only need V1.1 and 1.2 of the FM20 editions. The links are correct I just forgot to rename the files before uploading, hence them saying v.1.0 instead of v.1.1

Edited by rabcp
22 hours ago, rabcp said:

Thanks @Enos

If you have all of the FM19 packs installed then you only need V1.1 and 1.2 of the FM20 editions. The links are correct I just forgot to rename the files before uploading, hence them saying v.1.0 instead of v.1.1

Thank you @rabcp!

Love the vids in this, and the 'fan' banners from the other.   gonna have to merge and clean up, so i can have both :) 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

HI, absoloutely love these.

However, during Champions League games I am only seeing the red Nissan video ad on a loop. I'm sure there are more in the pack.

Why is it stuck on Nissan? Can anyone help?

Edited by WKTHFC
Posted (edited)

thanks for the pack! i have one problem though, the video ads at pitch level work great but the static one at the top in the stands are blank 

solved, my graphics folder had a capital G instead of all lowercase

Edited by MGorfain
On 09/05/2020 at 11:24, WKTHFC said:

HI, absoloutely love these.

However, during Champions League games I am only seeing the red Nissan video ad on a loop. I'm sure there are more in the pack.

Why is it stuck on Nissan? Can anyone help?

Anyone have a solution to this? It is really bugging me!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

The FM20 Adboard Project V1.3

Download

20200623203732-1.jpg 20200623204023-1.jpg 20200623204135-1.jpg
20200623204514-1.jpg 20200623204725-1.jpg 20200623204921-1.jpg

New Leagues/Cups
bel.pngBelgium
Croky Cup (DylaanAG ads)

Updated Leagues/Cups
bel.pngBelgium
Jupiler Pro League (DylaanAG ads)
gre.pngGreece
Super League Greece (Mysterio ads)
rus.pngRussia
Russian Premier League (map788 ads) (Video ads)
Russian Football National League (map788 ads)
Russian Cup (map788 ads)
svn.pngSlovenia
Slovenian PrvaLiga (Aljo24 ads)

Updated Clubs
rus.pngRussia
Akhmat Grozny, Arsenal Tula, CSKA Moscow, Dynamo Moscow, Krasnodar, Krylia Sovetovy, Lokomotiv Moscow, Orenburg, Rostov, Rubin Kazan, Spartak Moscow, UFA, Ural Yekaterimburg & Zenit Saint Petersburg (all map788 ads) (all Video ads)

New Clubs
bel.pngBelgium
Anderlecht, Antwerp, Cercle Brugge, Charleroi, Club Brugge, Eupen, KAA Gent, KRC Genk, KV Kortrijk, KV Mechelen, KV Oostende, Royal Excel Mouscron, Sint-Truiden, Standard Liege, Waasland-Beveren & Zulte Waregem (all DylaanAG ads)
fra.pngFrance
Paris FC
ger.pngGermany
Bayer Leverkusen (Video ads), Bayern Munich (Video ads) & FC Koln (Video ads)
gre.pngGreece
AEK Athens, AEL Larissa, Aris Thessaloniki, Asteras Tripolis, Lamia, OFI Crete, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Panetoklikos, Panionios, PAOK Thessaloniki, Volos & Xanthi (all Mysterio ads)
por.pngPortugal
FC Porto (Video ads)
svn.png Slovenia
Aluminij, Celje, Domzale, NK Bravo, Maribor, Mura, Olimpija Ljubljana, Rudar Velenje, Tabor Sezana & Triglav Kranj (all Aljo24 ads)
rus.pngRussia
FC Tambov (map788 ads) (Video ads) & PFC Sochi (map788 ads) (Video ads)

International Teams
rus.png Russia (crackvictor ads)

Fixes
Fixed issue with French Ligue 2 ads not displaying

I have dedicated 1000's of hours, making and coding adbaords for Football Manager since 2008. These adbaord patches have attracted over 100,000 downloads and remain the only real way to inject some personality into the Football Manager match engine. While this is a free patch if you wish to donate as way of thanking me for my time you can do so by the link below.

button.png
Edited by rabcp

hey i did evrything even changing from hd to sd but dosent work but i had in one other computer in a new account your "adboard rival" pack and it worked fine for the live ad boards so why is yours showing black? could you helped me please?

On 24/06/2020 at 18:41, rabcp said:

The FM20 Adboard Project V1.3

Download

20200623203732-1.jpg 20200623204023-1.jpg 20200623204135-1.jpg
20200623204514-1.jpg 20200623204725-1.jpg 20200623204921-1.jpg

New Leagues/Cups
bel.pngBelgium
Croky Cup (DylaanAG ads)

Updated Leagues/Cups
bel.pngBelgium
Jupiler Pro League (DylaanAG ads)
gre.pngGreece
Super League Greece (Mysterio ads)
rus.pngRussia
Russian Premier League (map788 ads) (Video ads)
Russian Football National League (map788 ads)
Russian Cup (map788 ads)
svn.pngSlovenia
Slovenian PrvaLiga (Aljo24 ads)

Updated Clubs
rus.pngRussia
Akhmat Grozny, Arsenal Tula, CSKA Moscow, Dynamo Moscow, Krasnodar, Krylia Sovetovy, Lokomotiv Moscow, Orenburg, Rostov, Rubin Kazan, Spartak Moscow, UFA, Ural Yekaterimburg & Zenit Saint Petersburg (all map788 ads) (all Video ads)

New Clubs
bel.pngBelgium
Anderlecht, Antwerp, Cercle Brugge, Charleroi, Club Brugge, Eupen, KAA Gent, KRC Genk, KV Kortrijk, KV Mechelen, KV Oostende, Royal Excel Mouscron, Sint-Truiden, Standard Liege, Waasland-Beveren & Zulte Waregem (all DylaanAG ads)
fra.pngFrance
Paris FC
ger.pngGermany
Bayer Leverkusen (Video ads), Bayern Munich (Video ads) & FC Koln (Video ads)
gre.pngGreece
AEK Athens, AEL Larissa, Aris Thessaloniki, Asteras Tripolis, Lamia, OFI Crete, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Panetoklikos, Panionios, PAOK Thessaloniki, Volos & Xanthi (all Mysterio ads)
por.pngPortugal
FC Porto (Video ads)
svn.png Slovenia
Aluminij, Celje, Domzale, NK Bravo, Maribor, Mura, Olimpija Ljubljana, Rudar Velenje, Tabor Sezana & Triglav Kranj (all Aljo24 ads)
rus.pngRussia
FC Tambov (map788 ads) (Video ads) & PFC Sochi (map788 ads) (Video ads)

International Teams
rus.png Russia (crackvictor ads)

Fixes
Fixed issue with French Ligue 2 ads not displaying

I have dedicated 1000's of hours, making and coding adbaords for Football Manager since 2008. These adbaord patches have attracted over 100,000 downloads and remain the only real way to inject some personality into the Football Manager match engine. While this is a free patch if you wish to donate as way of thanking me for my time you can do so by the link below.

button.png

hey i did evrything even changing from hd to sd but dosent work but i had in one other computer in a new account your "adboard rival" pack and it worked fine for the live ad boards so why is yours showing black? could you helped me please?

Hi all, hoping someone can help... 

I’m running fm touch 20 on iPad and uploading files across via iTunes from my PC. 

Im struggling with ad boards - just getting the blacked out boards.
I’ve downloaded all the files and updates in order and merged any updates. As far as I can see ive uploaded all the files to the relevant paths. I’ve also chosen and inserted the clubs fm.xml file for the Football Manager 2020/ads path

The only one I’m struggling to find is the appropriate path for the video ads/ HD SD in the steam/steamapps path as there isn’t the relevant one on iTunes and wondered if this might be the issue? 

ie "simatchviewer_uncompressed" folder (this contains the video ads) into the "data" folder within your Steam installation folder (which is not located in the area of the first two folders):
steam > steamapps > common > Football Manager 2020 > data

Also, for iPad is this class as macOSX files or still windows files in the downloads? 

great work on the ads, I’ve used them practically every year just seem to be struggling this time round 

Thanks

Really weird thing, but I'm not complaining! I use the 'clubs' xml but honestly for some reason it automatically changes to the competitions ad boards when I have a cup game without me having to swap them out?! :lol:

Edited by Gee_Simpson
  • 3 weeks later...

I need urgent help. Having followed the video tutorial, I'm still getting black plain adboards...I don't know what I've missed out?

20200730225405_1.jpg

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to thank you for this awesome file. After i forgot to download 1.0, 1.1 and just thought 1.2 would be enough, i finally found out and got it to work now. :D

Wow! Superb and for me a must have file. I hope you will find many community-people to donate for you. For me is a hard year, so i will try to donate next year, if you make a new file.
thx alot and stay safe.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, the file works great. I just have on question I play as Heerenveen in the Eredivisie and I do not get the video ads. The video ads work everywhere else, so is it because I play in a smaller stadium or something else?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, robosyah said:

Hi @rabcp,

I have a question, in static adboard how to map ads to specific position especially in the center of the side of the pitch?

It's possible but it can be a complex process, keep in mind that pitch sizes are different from club to club so for example if you made a league add (e.g. Premier League logo) appear in the centre of the pitch, it will appear off center for clubs who use larger or smaller pitches.

Positioning Adboard's

While is it possible to place adboards in certain positions, the process is a little complex as bar the pitchside adboards the adboard numbers at times follow no logical pattern and can repeat numbers depending on the stadium model.

The support files in this link are needed for this method - Download

Step One
We have the Juventus stadium displaying generic adboards, however we want to place a fan banner in the middle of the goal, to do this we have to know how to assign adboards to certain positions

start.png

Install the attached graphic files and open up the ads.xml file in the football manager folder and the XML Insert LCD file from the download. in the XML Insert LCD file locate the following code;

<!-- Club section for club ID #661 -->
            <list id="1139">
            <integer value="3500"/>
            <integer value="661000"/>
            <integer value="661001"/>
</list>

Change the <list id="1139"> code to include your clubs ID number, paste this into the Ads.xml file and load up FM20 again, Our match with Juventus now looks like this;

numbers.png

We now have adboards which tell us which number each adboard is within the xml file, note that not all adboards are unique and adboard '0' will be repeated 3 times on this screen.

Step Two
We now need to assign our banners to correct positions. My code here assigns my 3 new adboards to the game (See the guide on page 1 for more detailed instructions).
                <!-- Juventus ads -->
        <record id="8000" path="pictures/ads/generic/black"/>
        <record id="8001" path="pictures/ads/europe/italy/clubs/juventus/drughi"/>
        <record id="8002" path="pictures/ads/europe/italy/clubs/juventus/sud"/>

I want a plain black adboard to display at adboard '0' and my banners behind the goal, in this case Drughi as adboard '32' and Sud as adboard '31'.

We now go back to our first piece of code to place these 3 new boards in there correct position, we know that <integer value="661000"/> represents adboard '0' so we change this to <integer value="8000"/>, likewise we change <integer value="661031"/> adboard '31' to <integer value="8002"/> 'Drughi' and <integer value="661032"/> adboard '32' to <integer value="8001"/> 'Sud'
        <!-- Juventus -->
            <list id="1139">
            <integer value="3500"/>
            <integer value="8000"/>
            <integer value="8002"/>
            <integer value="8001"/>
</list>

load up FM20 and we get this result

flags.png

4 hours ago, rabcp said:

It's possible but it can be a complex process, keep in mind that pitch sizes are different from club to club so for example if you made a league add (e.g. Premier League logo) appear in the centre of the pitch, it will appear off center for clubs who use larger or smaller pitches.

Positioning Adboard's

While is it possible to place adboards in certain positions, the process is a little complex as bar the pitchside adboards the adboard numbers at times follow no logical pattern and can repeat numbers depending on the stadium model.

The support files in this link are needed for this method - Download

Step One
We have the Juventus stadium displaying generic adboards, however we want to place a fan banner in the middle of the goal, to do this we have to know how to assign adboards to certain positions

start.png

Install the attached graphic files and open up the ads.xml file in the football manager folder and the XML Insert LCD file from the download. in the XML Insert LCD file locate the following code;

<!-- Club section for club ID #661 -->
            <list id="1139">
            <integer value="3500"/>
            <integer value="661000"/>
</list>

Change the <list id="1139"> code to include your clubs ID number, paste this into the Ads.xml file and load up FM20 again, Our match with Juventus now looks like this;

numbers.png

We now have adboards which tell us which number each adboard is within the xml file, note that not all adboards are unique and adboard '0' will be repeated 3 times on this screen.

Step Two
We now need to assign our banners to correct positions. My code here assigns my 3 new adboards to the game (See the guide on page 1 for more detailed instructions).
                <!-- Juventus ads -->
        <record id="8000" path="pictures/ads/generic/black"/>
        <record id="8001" path="pictures/ads/europe/italy/clubs/juventus/drughi"/>
        <record id="8002" path="pictures/ads/europe/italy/clubs/juventus/sud"/>

I want a plain black adboard to display at adboard '0' and my banners behind the goal, in this case Drughi as adboard '32' and Sud as adboard '31'.

We now go back to our first piece of code to place these 3 new boards in there correct position, we know that <integer value="661000"/> represents adboard '0' so we change this to <integer value="8000"/>, likewise we change <integer value="661031"/> adboard '31' to <integer value="8002"/> 'Drughi' and <integer value="661032"/> adboard '32' to <integer value="8001"/> 'Sud'
        <!-- Juventus -->
            <list id="1139">
            <integer value="3500"/>
            <integer value="8000"/>
            <integer value="8002"/>
            <integer value="8001"/>
</list>

load up FM20 and we get this result

flags.png

Thanks @rabcp, really appreciate it!

But how about ad_mappings? Is it can not be used to position the ads to the center of side of the pitch?

42 minutes ago, robosyah said:

Thanks @rabcp, really appreciate it!

But how about ad_mappings? Is it can not be used to position the ads to the center of side of the pitch?

Exact same process, for clubs who do not use video ads the numbered adboards will begin pitch side, centre of pitch are usually adboard numbers 22-23.

10 hours ago, rabcp said:

Exact same process, for clubs who do not use video ads the numbered adboards will begin pitch side, centre of pitch are usually adboard numbers 22-23.

How about this script in ad_mappings: 

<record id="1078" edge_type="0" edge_index="1" />
<record id="1079" edge_type="0" edge_index="-1" />

This used to position the ads to each side of the bench. What is the edge index of the center of the side of the pitch?

8 hours ago, robosyah said:

How about this script in ad_mappings: 

<record id="1078" edge_type="0" edge_index="1" />
<record id="1079" edge_type="0" edge_index="-1" />

This used to position the ads to each side of the bench. What is the edge index of the center of the side of the pitch?

That script is for ads next to the dugout, it sounds like you want your ads on the opposite side of the stadium.

It could possibly be done using the ad_mapping, edge_index="1" code as the number represents  the add position so you could try it as edge_index="22" /> and see it that works, if so it'll be trial and error until you get the desired position.