How many leagues playable ?

Hi!

I have a question....

Is there a certain amount of leagues that could be set as playable with all players loaded for those leagues, so that  the game can run optimal ? (let's say you use processor i7 or i5).

I tried some new saves..one with around 170k players loaded for 15 playable leagues and i am not sure where the game could go slow....when saving, when Continuing, both ?

So what amount of leagues do you set as playable and which of them in general? 

I am asking because i do not want to start a save and later to get slower because of the amount of players loaded.

Edited by bitzu_rock

170k players is a whole lot of processing unless you have a great machine and as your save progresses, will inevitably lead to some slow down.  I have always felt that loading leagues that are never going to provide you with any gems is a waste of processing power, so usually have about 30 leagues loaded with around 65-70k players and that will be sufficient for almost all save types ( particularly if you are playing as a a top team)

Ok..so i am going to play only with York (6th English tier). Do not want to switch to other team in this save. So...considering this i selected England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland as playable with all their leagues and all players loaded from custom database. Do you think that is good enough to get some good players in the future?

16 hours ago, FrazT said:

170k players is a whole lot of processing unless you have a great machine and as your save progresses, will inevitably lead to some slow down.  I have always felt that loading leagues that are never going to provide you with any gems is a waste of processing power, so usually have about 30 leagues loaded with around 65-70k players and that will be sufficient for almost all save types ( particularly if you are playing as a a top team)

@FrazT When you say 30 leagues you mean 30 leagues including lower leagues just from some nations? Or 30 main leagues from 30 nations?

10 minutes ago, bitzu_rock said:

Ok..so i am going to play only with York (6th English tier). Do not want to switch to other team in this save. So...considering this i selected England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland as playable with all their leagues and all players loaded from custom database. Do you think that is good enough to get some good players in the future?

Those leagues are great for a lower league english game... I do not see why you would need 170k database for that though... As york you aren't going to be picking up many Brazilian wonderkids anytime soon i don't think.. 

But it really does come down to your pc specs... what do you have?

22 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Those leagues are great for a lower league english game... I do not see why you would need 170k database for that though... As york you aren't going to be picking up many Brazilian wonderkids anytime soon i don't think.. 

But it really does come down to your pc specs... what do you have?

System Manufacturer: LENOVO
             System Model: 80WK
                     BIOS: 4KCN27WW (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8068MB RAM
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce GTX 1050

SSD hard disk of 500GB

Yes i know it is not an exact answer, but i am more curious to see others opinion on how they set the amount of leagues depending in what nation they play and what  other nations do they decide to select as playable to get the optimal experience as game speed and number o players...

Edited by bitzu_rock

I have a good laptop, and i tend to play with 30 odd leagues and a 180k database and don't see any slow down at all.. but that's my basic standard setup...

If i'm playing a lower league english save, say tier 10 ... i will not load up my usual database, as there is no need to include all players from south american, all players from eastern europe etc... so i load up all english leagues, all welsh leagues, all irish leagues and all scottish leagues and then maybe add in a few close neighbours.. say france.. maybe a few scandanavian countries, but they are luxury really, not really needed...

If i'm doing a journeyman save, I might load up 60 leagues and a 250k database so i can get jobs in Iceland, Romania etc....

So basically, depending on your preference and pc specs, you find a database size and number of players you are comfortable with and then cater that to the type of save you want...

I

The reason to put leagues on view only is to help with the game processing .. that league won't be simulated fully... adding players won't slow down the game much at all.. so if you want to add players.. sure go ahead...  What it can do in the long run though is create an inbalance in the game over time.. if you have a massive amount of brazilians loaded, your game world will be populated with a massive amount of brazilians etc..

It all depends in the end what kind of speed you expect. A good i5 or i7 processor with 8/16GB RAM can run all leagues (plus custom ones) and up to the full db (about 35k). The saved game will become huge and processing depends on how many leagues are on full detail. 

I am thinking....if i will play only in England to set other nations as view only but load all players from the UK-Ireland region, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and maybe France...if so...do i get the chance to find more players, even those nations are set as view only?

You only need to load all players from a nation if you plan to manage in the lower leagues. If not load all the players with national reputation, but for more nations. 

6 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You only need to load all players from a nation if you plan to manage in the lower leagues. If not load all the players with national reputation, but for more nations. 

But if i will progress to upper leagues in time, wouldn't help to have players from other nations loaded?

Gerade eben schrieb bitzu_rock:

But if i will progress to upper leagues in time, wouldn't help to have players from other nations loaded?

If you chose medium or large db most of the players who are interesting are already loaded. So yes, you can load additional by choosing all players from other nations, say from neighborhood countries or for example Brazil.

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

I have a good laptop, and i tend to play with 30 odd leagues and a 180k database

Doesn't that create an inbalance in your save? With that league vs database size I'm assuming you load lots of extra players? I've read that loading players negatively affects the balance of the game and just loading more leagues keeps things balanced despite the longer processing times. 

Just now, Gee_Simpson said:

Doesn't that create an inbalance in your save? With that league vs database size I'm assuming you load lots of extra players? I've read that loading players negatively affects the balance of the game and just loading more leagues keeps things balanced despite the longer processing times. 

Yeah it can, but i barely make it past 5 years in a save anyway so I never get affected by it really... the only saves i stay long term are lower league saves so i tend to have smaller databases anyway

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Gee_Simpson:

It all depends on how many leagues are active in the game, as view only leagues have a quieter transfer market. The more players the more leagues should be loaded as active. 

3 hours ago, bitzu_rock said:

@FrazT When you say 30 leagues you mean 30 leagues including lower leagues just from some nations? Or 30 main leagues from 30 nations?

Normally 30 leagues from about 22 nations- I dont load the lower leagues from many countries as I have found that even if you find a real prospect, you cant get a WP for them, if you are playing in the UK