The art of failing at 4-3-3

I've been trying to make my 4-3-3 focused on possesion work, but all I have are draws and 1-0 wins.

I've taken ideas from some of the other 4-3-3 in this forum but it seems nothing works. The team lacks offensive power and though i'm not conceding a lot i fell that we're vulnerable to counters.

Im trying to stretch the left side and overload the middle right with good passing players. I've tried the B2B instead of Mezalla but it seem worse attacking wise.

Any suggestions/critics?

Tactic.thumb.PNG.b5ad4bd41022de833ead69e79afb9f93.PNGResults.thumb.PNG.40e7273e7ca211700b0c1c1e06c995ae.PNG

I might suggest toying with your front three roles. I find it hard to properly isolate a single striker consistently within confines of 433. I might suggest moving DLF to support and having one of wingers on attack. 

If your controlling possession there’s not enough overlap, overload, or cross movement to consistently create issues for a settled defense.

my guess is your possession is pretty solid (58%) with little incisive attacking moments. You aren’t doing much in way of transition to create a great opportunity through that method either. 

You transition slow. Work ball into opponent half, then play catch around box is my guess. 

3 hours ago, Diogo28 said:

Tactic.thumb.PNG.b5ad4bd41022de833ead69e79afb9f93.PNG

This tactic does not look bad at all (although I don't know enough about your players).

Anyway, the first tweak I would try is - change the LB (Alex Telles) into FB on attack (or even WB on attack).

You can also consider removing the Prevent short GKD and applying the split block instead. 

Pela ideia de jogo que parece quereres implementar acho que falta essencialmente contra pressão e como tentas impedir a saída desde o guarda redes penso que se adequa uma linha de pressão alta. Depois falta caudal ofensivo (a julgar pelos resultados) que podes resolver libertanto um pouco mais o Alex ou um dos médios uma vez que jogas com um trinco... de resto parece me bem!

11 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

This tactic does not look bad at all (although I don't know enough about your players).

Anyway, the first tweak I would try is - change the LB (Alex Telles) into FB on attack (or even WB on attack).

You can also consider removing the Prevent short GKD and applying the split block instead. 

I have the split block already (5 front pressing more). Should i remove the Prevent Short GKD?

My AMR is the top scorer, does it make sense making him an IF and have 2 IFs? All my wide players are either IW or IF and i dont like using pure Wingers.

9 hours ago, Kripster said:

Pela ideia de jogo que parece quereres implementar acho que falta essencialmente contra pressão e como tentas impedir a saída desde o guarda redes penso que se adequa uma linha de pressão alta. Depois falta caudal ofensivo (a julgar pelos resultados) que podes resolver libertanto um pouco mais o Alex ou um dos médios uma vez que jogas com um trinco... de resto parece me bem!

Any suggestion about the CM roles?