Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[Germany] (Official) League Specific Issues

Playing in the German first division (Bundesliga). Got to a stage where there are so few games left that mathematically I am 100% qualified to the next year's Champions League. However, I got the message that I have qualified for the Europa League, and that is what the league table shows. I figured out that this is because somehow the calculation counts 38 rounds, but actually German teams play 34 matches.

Hello SI-Team,

I really hope that I'm not opening an unnecessary thread. I already asked for help in some forums but no one had an idea. Maybe it's a bug.

My second squad does not have any games or a match plan. My U19 team does have it. I already changed the level of detail to maximum. My second squad is ATM playing in the 3. Bundesliga. So it should be simulated with highlights etc.

Attached are 2 screenshots with the match plans and also the editing file. As you can see, there are no games for the second squad. I'm using an editing file for deeper level leagues like Regionalliga. This file is very popular on the german board "meistertrainerforum.de". I also asked there if anybody is having the same problem using this file. No one had this. 

I already uploaded the savegame to your cloud today. "Dorussia Bortmund.fm" at 20:20.

Thank you so much for your effort.

Best regards

Dennis

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.01.15 - 21.13.13.44.png

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.01.15 - 21.13.19.35.png

Fussball-Ligasystem Deutschland.fmf

Edited by kaizet

On 15/01/2020 at 20:17, kaizet said:

Hello SI-Team,

I really hope that I'm not opening an unnecessary thread. I already asked for help in some forums but no one had an idea. Maybe it's a bug.

My second squad does not have any games or a match plan. My U19 team does have it. I already changed the level of detail to maximum. My second squad is ATM playing in the 3. Bundesliga. So it should be simulated with highlights etc.

Attached are 2 screenshots with the match plans and also the editing file. As you can see, there are no games for the second squad. I'm using an editing file for deeper level leagues like Regionalliga. This file is very popular on the german board "meistertrainerforum.de". I also asked there if anybody is having the same problem using this file. No one had this. 

I already uploaded the savegame to your cloud today. "Dorussia Bortmund.fm" at 20:20.

Best regards

Dennis

Fussball-Ligasystem Deutschland.fmf 320.88 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Dennis, I'll take a look into this and let you know if I can find a solution.

On 10/01/2020 at 20:52, Citroghost said:

Playing in the German first division (Bundesliga). Got to a stage where there are so few games left that mathematically I am 100% qualified to the next year's Champions League. However, I got the message that I have qualified for the Europa League, and that is what the league table shows. I figured out that this is because somehow the calculation counts 38 rounds, but actually German teams play 34 matches.

Hi there, could you upload a save to our cloud service at this point and we'll take a look? Thanks

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

When I got to the midseason-break 1 jan 2022 it seems like it was the start of a new season. Got to pick a pre-seasonschedule for 30 weeks, and the squad status of some players were changed due to starting a new season. Am currently playing the public-betaversion.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:13, zerra said:

When I got to the midseason-break 1 jan 2022 it seems like it was the start of a new season. Got to pick a pre-seasonschedule for 30 weeks, and the squad status of some players were changed due to starting a new season. Am currently playing the public-betaversion.

Hi, was this game started in the public beta version?  Can you please provide a save game with this issue present, and if at all possible a save game from before this happened?  Are you using any editor files or third party content?

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:14, garywalsh12 said:

The German league is still on season 1 on fm20 how do you resolve this I'm on season 2 at the moment

Do you mean you have gone past season update after season 1 but season 2 hasn't scheduled any fixtures?  Can you please provide us a save ideally from just before this happens, and also a save with the issue present?  Are you using any editor files or third party content?

19 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi, was this game started in the public beta version?  Can you please provide a save game with this issue present, and if at all possible a save game from before this happened?  Are you using any editor files or third party content?

Yes exactly, the public beta version. No editor files or third party content. I don't have a save game from before it happened, only after. The file I uploaded is named "FC Bayern.fm".

5 hours ago, zerra said:

Yes exactly, the public beta version. No editor files or third party content. I don't have a save game from before it happened, only after. The file I uploaded is named "FC Bayern.fm".

Can you provide any further info?  Was there an "update" (like you normally get between seasons) on a particular date?  What exactly happened?  I can't reproduce this in-house and this is not something we have had reported by anyone else in Germany or any other nation as far as I am aware.  Managing Bayern in the 2021/22 winter break everything happened as would be expected.

On 16/01/2020 at 04:17, kaizet said:

Hello SI-Team,

Best regards

Dennis

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.01.15 - 21.13.13.44.png

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.01.15 - 21.13.19.35.png

Fussball-Ligasystem Deutschland.fmf 320.88 kB · 0 downloads

click "filter" in the right hand corner, then click "2nd team"/ "reserve team"

I know this becoz I have encountered the same problem, but then solved by myself~

On 21/01/2020 at 14:23, Dan Ormsby said:

Can you provide any further info?  Was there an "update" (like you normally get between seasons) on a particular date?  What exactly happened?  I can't reproduce this in-house and this is not something we have had reported by anyone else in Germany or any other nation as far as I am aware.  Managing Bayern in the 2021/22 winter break everything happened as would be expected.

No, no update or anything. Besides from that one player got updated squad status because of new season and I could schedule my preseason-schedule for 30 weeks, everything was as it always is, maybe it's possible for the squad status to be updated mid-season and I've missed it?

On 21/01/2020 at 14:29, hoyes02 said:

click "filter" in the right hand corner, then click "2nd team"/ "reserve team"

I know this becoz I have encountered the same problem, but then solved by myself~

Oh wow, it helped. Thank you so much!

35 minutes ago, zerra said:

No, no update or anything. Besides from that one player got updated squad status because of new season and I could schedule my preseason-schedule for 30 weeks, everything was as it always is, maybe it's possible for the squad status to be updated mid-season and I've missed it?

Really sorry but I don't follow what you mean when you say "because of new season".  Loading your save, your schedule page shows everything as normal.  Were you getting inbox items that referred to a new season starting?  I can't really help further without any further information.  Seems like you have continued on and are still playing the save though, and this hasn't been reported by anyone else, so perhaps it's normal for this season (when the 2022 World Cup occurs) and everything is OK?

12 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Really sorry but I don't follow what you mean when you say "because of new season".  Loading your save, your schedule page shows everything as normal.  Were you getting inbox items that referred to a new season starting?  I can't really help further without any further information.  Seems like you have continued on and are still playing the save though, and this hasn't been reported by anyone else, so perhaps it's normal for this season (when the 2022 World Cup occurs) and everything is OK?

Sorry if I was a bit unclear. What I meant was that basically what you wrote, that it was a normal thing, mabe because of the 2022 World Cup. I was just curious because I never seen this before. But it didn't affect my playing either so. Thank you for your help, KUTGW!

Hi guys,

in FM20 in the Bundesliga (beginning at match day 2) there are two matches on friday and two matches on saturday 18:30 o'clock (2019/2020).

The real rule is just one match on friday and just one match on saturday 18:30 o'clock (the game at this time on saturday is the "match of the week").

One other mistake:

Only at match day 33 and 34 all Bundesliga clubs play on saturday (real rule). In FM all the Clubs in the Bundesliga also play at match day 32 on saturday (this is wrong).

Please let me know if you need a save game, when you can't reproduce it.

Cheers

Jumano

Not sure if this is the correct place.

Season 6 with HSV. We are in the Club World Cup only we won't be fielding a team as all my players are still on holiday.......kind of broke my save.

CWC fixtures on 20/6/25 & 27/6/25, my team returns on the 7/7/25.

EDIT: 

Played on to the day of the first game, I figured I'd fly out to Hungary and apologise in person for the fact that we couldn't field a team!!! I get to the airport and all the lads are there, flown in from there various summer holiday locations just for the match.....what a welcome surprise. :lol: 

All feels a bit weird, they are on summer leave any yet here for the game, off on leave again tomorrow, we did not training etc. I'm assuming they are going to do the same for the next game too.

Edited by janrzm

11 hours ago, JumanoPrince said:

Hi guys,

in FM20 in the Bundesliga (beginning at match day 2) there are two matches on friday and two matches on saturday 18:30 o'clock (2019/2020).

The real rule is just one match on friday and just one match on saturday 18:30 o'clock (the game at this time on saturday is the "match of the week").

One other mistake:

Only at match day 33 and 34 all Bundesliga clubs play on saturday (real rule). In FM all the Clubs in the Bundesliga also play at match day 32 on saturday (this is wrong).

Please let me know if you need a save game, when you can't reproduce it.

Cheers

Jumano

Which season is this?  We were provided the real fixtures by the Bundesliga for 2019/20, so these should be correct as of the start of the season.  Have the fixtures changed since?

2 hours ago, janrzm said:

Not sure if this is the correct place.

Season 6 with HSV. We are in the Club World Cup only we won't be fielding a team as all my players are still on holiday.......kind of broke my save.

CWC fixtures on 20/6/25 & 27/6/25, my team returns on the 7/7/25.

EDIT: 

Played on to the day of the first game, I figured I'd fly out to Hungary and apologise in person for the fact that we couldn't field a team!!! I get to the airport and all the lads are there, flown in from there various summer holiday locations just for the match.....what a welcome surprise. :lol: 

All feels a bit weird, they are on summer leave any yet here for the game, off on leave again tomorrow, we did not training etc. I'm assuming they are going to do the same for the next game too.

Not sure this is really an issue for us on this forum, but I'd say that this is perhaps unavoidable and the CWC will be treated almost like an international tournament where players will play over the summer despite technically being on holiday.  Though I would have thought that the team should be training during the tournament, if not before or after.  Please raise this issue here https://community.sigames.com/forum/743-training-medical-and-development-centre/

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Dan Ormsby:

Which season is this?  We were provided the real fixtures by the Bundesliga for 2019/20, so these should be correct as of the start of the season.  Have the fixtures changed since?

It's the first season (2019/2020). The problem is not the real fixtures. The problem/the bug is the days and the time when the teams play.

Bundesliga in reality (I don't mention the 6 games on monday, that will be removed starting in season 2020/2021):

Friday: 1 game (NEVER 2)

Saturday: 4 or 5 games at 15:30 and just ONE game at 18:30 (never two games at 18:30)

Sunday: 2 or 3 games (depends on UEFA Europe League)

And in vanilla version in FM 20 (no editor files, no kits etc.) there are two games on friday and two games on saturday 18:30 (beginning at match day 2). Thats's the point.

EDIT: I uploaded a save game into the cloud (name is: Schedule Bug - Bundesliga)

Friday, 23. August (2 games on friday) 

d29uwyxc.jpg

Saturday, 24. August (2 games at 18:30)

izo9toxv.jpg

Edited by JumanoPrince

On 27/01/2020 at 20:29, JumanoPrince said:

It's the first season (2019/2020). The problem is not the real fixtures. The problem/the bug is the days and the time when the teams play.

Bundesliga in reality (I don't mention the 6 games on monday, that will be removed starting in season 2020/2021):

Friday: 1 game (NEVER 2)

Saturday: 4 or 5 games at 15:30 and just ONE game at 18:30 (never two games at 18:30)

Sunday: 2 or 3 games (depends on UEFA Europe League)

And in vanilla version in FM 20 (no editor files, no kits etc.) there are two games on friday and two games on saturday 18:30 (beginning at match day 2). Thats's the point.

EDIT: I uploaded a save game into the cloud (name is: Schedule Bug - Bundesliga)

Friday, 23. August (2 games on friday) 

d29uwyxc.jpg

Saturday, 24. August (2 games at 18:30)

izo9toxv.jpg

That`s exactly what I wanted to write. The fixtures are not realistic scheduled...

2 hours ago, dannyx said:

That`s exactly what I wanted to write. The fixtures are not realistic scheduled...

Everything was correct when this was tested before release as the exact correct fixtures were cross referenced with a list supplied by the German FA.  So if it is now wrong it must be due to some sort of change that has been made in the game since, or the list supplied by the German FA has since changed in real life, or contained an error. I'll look into this. 

On 04/02/2020 at 14:43, Dan Ormsby said:

Everything was correct when this was tested before release as the exact correct fixtures were cross referenced with a list supplied by the German FA.  So if it is now wrong it must be due to some sort of change that has been made in the game since, or the list supplied by the German FA has since changed in real life, or contained an error. I'll look into this. 

Thanks. I`m sure the list supplied by the German FA didn`t change as there were never 2 games on Friday or 2 games at 18:30 on Saturday (always 1 game on Friday and 1 game at 18:30 on Saturday).

My B team (Nurnberg II) in 3. Liga can't play anyone older then 21. Wasn't this solved?

u23.jpg

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 22:44, Kiltak said:

My B team (Nurnberg II) in 3. Liga can't play anyone older then 21. Wasn't this solved?

u23.jpg

Yes, it was.  It won't be fixed if this is a very old save, created before the fix happened.  If this save was created recently then please provide us the save with the issue present for us to take a look at.  Thanks.

58 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Yes, it was.  It won't be fixed if this is a very old save, created before the fix happened.  If this save was created recently then please provide us the save with the issue present for us to take a look at.  Thanks.

The save was made after 20.2.3 Hotfix (between 21/12/2019 and 27/12/2019), uploaded the file "S03 Nurnberg.fm".

This is a journeyman save so when I got to Nurnberg the team was in the 1. Liga and the B team was in the 3. Liga: at the start Nurnberg is in 2. Liga and B team is simulated on lower leagues.

45 minutes ago, Kiltak said:

The save was made after 20.2.3 Hotfix (between 21/12/2019 and 27/12/2019), uploaded the file "S03 Nurnberg.fm".

This is a journeyman save so when I got to Nurnberg the team was in the 1. Liga and the B team was in the 3. Liga: at the start Nurnberg is in 2. Liga and B team is simulated on lower leagues.

Thanks for the info, not sure why this is happening as there is no rule present on the rules page that would be causing this.  Have logged the issue.

Am 10.12.2019 um 12:33 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

I'm afraid this was not something we could rectify in time for the update as it is not an easy fix and requires work from the UI team.

Is there any news on this? Unfortunately, it still remains so very unpleasant when the history is missing in some places.

18 hours ago, Dani190283 said:

Is there any news on this? Unfortunately, it still remains so very unpleasant when the history is missing in some places.

This was passed over to the UI team and as far as I am aware a fix was put in.  Can you explain the issue again please?  

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dan Ormsby:

This was passed over to the UI team and as far as I am aware a fix was put in.  Can you explain the issue again please?  

https://community.sigames.com/topic/511246-germany-official-league-specific-issues/?do=findComment&comment=12128080

I have linked my original post. As soon as leagues are inactive, the history is not created correctly in some of them. This happens mainly in leagues where one or more second teams are involved. And after the last update, this error still seems to have not been fixed. So far I could only test it in the editor and not in the game, because I just didn't have the time for that. Unfortunately this takes quite a long time.