[Germany] (Official) League Specific Issues

Am 8.11.2019 um 15:01 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

Thanks @Kumpi this is not repeating in our internal builds so should not be in an issue in the full release of FM20.

@Kumpi Do you play with a custom editor file? I had the same problem using a Germany lower league file.

Edited by YasoKuul
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an issue with the German DFB-Pokal. Somehow the 3rd-Tier clubs do not participate in the first round of the DFB-Pokal. Instead, there are many 4the-Tier clubs participating, which is in reality not the case. Can you please fix this bug in order to have the 3rd-Tier clubs participating in this competition?

Hi!

That's not right. Only the Top 4 Teams of 3.Liga are qualified to the DFB-Pokal. Every other non Bundesliga or 2.Bundesliga-Club has to qualify in regional cups.  A lot of 4th and sometimes even 5th to 6th tier clubs take part every year in the 1st round. Nothings has to be changed.

Edited by Spitzenspiel
8 hours ago, Eckfahne said:

The 3.Liga in Germany is missing the 9-point-deduction for going into administration (official source is the DFB Spielordnung §6 Nr. 6 https://www.dfb.de/fileadmin/_dfbdam/213386-08_Spielordnung.pdf  ) 

Hey @Eckfahne - does this rule apply in all the leagues will just the 3.Liga? 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Hey @Eckfahne - does this rule apply in all the leagues will just the 3.Liga? 

Also for the 4.level (the "Regionalligen"), but those are not activated in FM by default. The fix-9-point-deduction *does not* apply to the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga  (point deductions for financial misconduct can happen here, too, but only as individual penalty without a fixed amount applied by a sport court - and likely this is outside of what can be simulated in FM). 

1 minute ago, Eckfahne said:

Also for the 4.level (the "Regionalligen"), but those are not activated in FM by default. The fix-9-point-deduction *does not* apply to the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga  (point deductions for financial misconduct can happen here, too, but only as individual penalty without a fixed amount applied by a sport court - and likely this is outside of what can be simulated in FM). 

Thanks @Eckfahne

15 hours ago, JumanoPrince said:

Hi, guys.

In the Bundesliga schedule is a mistake. Since round 2 there are almost always two games at friday but in real life Bundesliga there is always just one game at friday.

Best regards

Jumano

Hey @JumanoPrince could you upload your save game to the cloud? I'd like more examples of this issue. I've just had a look at my Bundesliga fixtures in my editor test and there is only one game on the Friday night. Thanks. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Hey @JumanoPrince could you upload your save game to the cloud? I'd like more examples of this issue. I've just had a look at my Bundesliga fixtures in my editor test and there is only one game on the Friday night. Thanks. 

Hi, Christopher.

Of course, here you are. File-Name: Jumano Prince – Eintracht Frankfurt TEST.fm

Best regards

Jumano

Edited by JumanoPrince

In the 3. liga rules it states that "players signed on free tranfers can be registered at any time", but when I try to sign a player after the transfer window has closed, it says that I can not register him before the transfer window reopens.

I started the save on the beta, so that might be it.

There's something wrong with the history of the second teams. If I leave the Landesligen inactive and then simulate them, then no history is created for certain leagues. The last screenshot shows the Landesliga Mittelrhein Staffel 2 and there it works. If I remove e.g. Viktoria Köln II now, then it also works in the Landesliga Mittelrhein Staffel 1. There must be a connection.

A postscript. It also happens in the game and also for other leagues that are inactive and therefore only indirectly simulated. But it has to do with the second teams, because if you really remove them, the history works.

20191123144248_1.thumb.jpg.1c43d733a03e1801acc21aa17846913b.jpg

20191123144321_1.thumb.jpg.058d569a08eeb660aae0c87d11fdba36.jpg

20191123144404_1.thumb.jpg.a56271ed882a522be8fdf09973888965.jpg

20191123144415_1.thumb.jpg.79dbb44c18ad33acc837318ca941475c.jpg

Edited by Dani190283

Hello.

Any idea if the TV money is fine in the Bundesliga? In FM19 I remember having a Schalke 04 save and I was getting tens of millions from the TV deal yearly (not sure exactly how much but it was close to the PL money I think). Now in FM20 started with Hansa Rostock from tier 3, went all the way up to 1. Bundesliga, stayed up, started another season, no sign of any TV money.

Last season I finished 6th in the Bundesliga and got 10k TV money from a DFB Pokal game. Am I missing something?

Edited by kokafalasi
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 16:45, kokafalasi said:

Hello.

Any idea if the TV money is fine in the Bundesliga? In FM19 I remember having a Schalke 04 save and I was getting tens of millions from the TV deal yearly (not sure exactly how much but it was close to the PL money I think). Now in FM20 started with Hansa Rostock from tier 3, went all the way up to 1. Bundesliga, stayed up, started another season, no sign of any TV money.

Last season I finished 6th in the Bundesliga and got 10k TV money from a DFB Pokal game. Am I missing something?

Hi can you provide us a save for this, ideally before season update day following the season you were promoted from the second tier?  Thanks.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 13:54, Dani190283 said:

There's something wrong with the history of the second teams. If I leave the Landesligen inactive and then simulate them, then no history is created for certain leagues. The last screenshot shows the Landesliga Mittelrhein Staffel 2 and there it works. If I remove e.g. Viktoria Köln II now, then it also works in the Landesliga Mittelrhein Staffel 1. There must be a connection.

A postscript. It also happens in the game and also for other leagues that are inactive and therefore only indirectly simulated. But it has to do with the second teams, because if you really remove them, the history works.

20191123144248_1.thumb.jpg.1c43d733a03e1801acc21aa17846913b.jpg

20191123144321_1.thumb.jpg.058d569a08eeb660aae0c87d11fdba36.jpg

20191123144404_1.thumb.jpg.a56271ed882a522be8fdf09973888965.jpg

20191123144415_1.thumb.jpg.79dbb44c18ad33acc837318ca941475c.jpg

Hi thanks for raising this.  We actually have an issue already in the system whereby inactive leagues are not creating histories in some scenarios.  It is with a coder.

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi can you provide us a save for this, ideally before season update day following the season you were promoted from the second tier?  Thanks.

Hi Dan,

I got promoted in 2023 and played through the 23-24 season, finishing 6th in the 1.BL. Now I’m in winter 2024, so mid-second 1.BL season and my current last three rolling save files are - I’m quite sure - from this latest season (btw still no TV money).

How do I upload / what file for you guys? Just the latest save file and if so how do I do it?

Thanks

Hi there,

I have also got the no TV issue, playing in the Bundesliga 2 in my second season. I've uploaded my save 'Rostock tv money.fm', hopefully this can be of assistance.

Would be good to hear about this issue asap, as this is a save-destroying issue for me.

Thanks

Hey Christopher,

With all due respect I'm not sure this is correct? You never get any type of notification at the start of the season that TV money this year is going to be X.

Plus, I've got 29.6M as 'prize money' from the Bundesliga, surely that's not both prize and TV money together? According to this everyone got at least 26M in TV money alone last year? https://www.statista.com/statistics/593425/national-television-revenue-bundesliga-football-clubs-germany/

Also figures pretty low as per this too https://www.totalsportek.com/money/bundesliga-tv-rights/

I'm quite sure I remember in previous editions there being a distinction between TV and prize money in the 1. Bundesliga and the amounts being vastly different to the ones I got here?

Thanks

14 hours ago, kokafalasi said:

Hey Christopher,

With all due respect I'm not sure this is correct? You never get any type of notification at the start of the season that TV money this year is going to be X.

Plus, I've got 29.6M as 'prize money' from the Bundesliga, surely that's not both prize and TV money together? According to this everyone got at least 26M in TV money alone last year? https://www.statista.com/statistics/593425/national-television-revenue-bundesliga-football-clubs-germany/

Also figures pretty low as per this too https://www.totalsportek.com/money/bundesliga-tv-rights/

I'm quite sure I remember in previous editions there being a distinction between TV and prize money in the 1. Bundesliga and the amounts being vastly different to the ones I got here?

Thanks

What prize money does the league specifically offer for League position finish? I couldn't find any information on this. 

We have asked the HR for clarification on this. 

http://bundesligafanatic.com/20190927/the-tv-money-table-of-the-bundesliga/

Hi!

This seems to be the official source for the TV and prize money of the Bundesliga:

https://www.fernsehgelder.de/pdf/20161124-DFL-Neuer-Verteilerschluessel.pdf

This site is calculating the effective amount for every season:

https://www.fernsehgelder.de/2019-20/ranking/

Markus

Edited by Spitzenspiel
Am 26.11.2019 um 18:02 schrieb Dan Ormsby:

Hi thanks for raising this.  We actually have an issue already in the system whereby inactive leagues are not creating histories in some scenarios.  It is with a coder.

Has the problem not been fixed by the last update (20.2.0)? I'm asking because the bug still exists.

21 hours ago, Dani190283 said:

Has the problem not been fixed by the last update (20.2.0)? I'm asking because the bug still exists.

I'm afraid this was not something we could rectify in time for the update as it is not an easy fix and requires work from the UI team.

I ran into an interesting problem with my second season at 1860 Munich.  My club is suddenly no longer eligible for promotion:

X223OGs.png

I went back through some of my older save files, including matchweek 35 (April 19) from the 2019/2020 season, and that promotion restriction wasn't there.  My next save file is Jul 1 2020 and that restriction shows up.

On 11/12/2019 at 02:04, fenwayhotspur said:

I ran into an interesting problem with my second season at 1860 Munich.  My club is suddenly no longer eligible for promotion:

X223OGs.png

I went back through some of my older save files, including matchweek 35 (April 19) from the 2019/2020 season, and that promotion restriction wasn't there.  My next save file is Jul 1 2020 and that restriction shows up.

Hey @fenwayhotspur - Could you upload those save files? Ideally one before and one after the restriction appears. Wonder if it is financial fair play related maybe? 

37 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @fenwayhotspur - Could you upload those save files? Ideally one before and one after the restriction appears. Wonder if it is financial fair play related maybe? 

Sure thing! My other guess is maybe I gave a trial or something to someone not in the EU and that got me?  I would think one of those reasons would warn/notify before confirming a transaction (like when loans give you notification you're near/over limit).  I'll upload the matchweek 35 save and the one from July 1.

Edit: uploaded via cloud as 

fenwayhotspur_Munich_ineligible_july1.fm

fenwayhotspur_Munich_eligible_mw35.fm

Thanks!

Edited by fenwayhotspur
1 hour ago, fenwayhotspur said:

Sure thing! My other guess is maybe I gave a trial or something to someone not in the EU and that got me?  I would think one of those reasons would warn/notify before confirming a transaction (like when loans give you notification you're near/over limit).  I'll upload the matchweek 35 save and the one from July 1.

Edit: uploaded via cloud as 

fenwayhotspur_Munich_ineligible_july1.fm

fenwayhotspur_Munich_eligible_mw35.fm

Thanks!

I'd have thought that the EU Rule would just stop you signing the player more then anything. We'll investigate this. 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:52, Christopher Lewis said:

I'd have thought that the EU Rule would just stop you signing the player more then anything. We'll investigate this. 

So a lead based on how I do early first year saves - I routinely take on tons of trialists.  In a later save point (maybe early August, after I noticed the ban) I noticed I had a trialist from Kosovo which I don't think fits in Germany's EU rules.

Let me know if there's any other digging you need me to do. Appreciate the help!

Update:

Using my matchweek 35 save, I brute forced my way to a promotion, and my club came up as ineligible for promotion from bundesliga 2 as well.

Edited by fenwayhotspur
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 16:57, fenwayhotspur said:

So a lead based on how I do early first year saves - I routinely take on tons of trialists.  In a later save point (maybe early August, after I noticed the ban) I noticed I had a trialist from Kosovo which I don't think fits in Germany's EU rules.

Let me know if there's any other digging you need me to do. Appreciate the help!

Update:

Using my matchweek 35 save, I brute forced my way to a promotion, and my club came up as ineligible for promotion from bundesliga 2 as well.

Could be. I'm also looking to see if the affiliation with Dortmund you have could potentially cause this. But I'm still not that sure. 

Sorry if this has been brought up before but there seems to be a fixture model issue in the german leagues. Not specific to the german league though i've seen it in Serie A. but the forum would only let me put it in this league. 

First season is fine as it's the real fixtures but season 2 onwards the fixture model just has the teams playing the teams in the same order if that makes sense. One team will play the same fixtures list as another just one week later! in game example, gladbach first 4 games: freiburg, munich, dusseldorf, bremen. Mainz first 4 games: wolfsburg, freiburg, munich, dusseldorf

I've added the fixture lists from my gladbach save below in season 3. You can see the dortmund schedule is identical to mine just the following week and H or A swapped. No league would schedule fixtures like this. but all the teams order is the same just a different week, 

all the teams do this, where as it should be randomised. seems to be like this is the england leagues. 

Is there any way to solve this as always find the AI team with the fixtures after my team always has favourable results. Its very strange.

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 08.53.59.png

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 08.54.23.png

On 24/12/2019 at 08:56, james-99 said:

Sorry if this has been brought up before but there seems to be a fixture model issue in the german leagues. Not specific to the german league though i've seen it in Serie A. but the forum would only let me put it in this league. 

First season is fine as it's the real fixtures but season 2 onwards the fixture model just has the teams playing the teams in the same order if that makes sense. One team will play the same fixtures list as another just one week later! in game example, gladbach first 4 games: freiburg, munich, dusseldorf, bremen. Mainz first 4 games: wolfsburg, freiburg, munich, dusseldorf

I've added the fixture lists from my gladbach save below in season 3. You can see the dortmund schedule is identical to mine just the following week and H or A swapped. No league would schedule fixtures like this. but all the teams order is the same just a different week, 

all the teams do this, where as it should be randomised. seems to be like this is the england leagues. 

Is there any way to solve this as always find the AI team with the fixtures after my team always has favourable results. Its very strange.

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 08.53.59.png

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 08.54.23.png

Do you have this save game? Would like to check it out. Thanks. 

hi, I got an issue with the squad registration in German League 3.

The rules say there must be at least 4 German players under 23 in the matchday squad. The official rules state that every player who is u23 on the first of july (i.e. the season start) is considered u23 for the whole season. I have 3 or 4 German players in my squad who are younger than 23 at the start of the season but are not considered u23 by the game.

I uploaded my save file (Rostock - registration issue) to your cloud. 

On 27/12/2019 at 10:07, Christopher Lewis said:

Do you have this save game? Would like to check it out. Thanks. 

i've uploaded my latest save file (Borussia Mönchengladbach.fm), just got the new fixtures for season 2. example is RB Leipzig have the following fixtures after me (gladbach)

On 04/11/2019 at 00:14, BanOly said:

The start date for German football is the 3rd June? But players don't return from holiday until long past then and the first friendlies aren't until the 3rd July.

Is this supposed to be fixed? I've had this problem at the start of my second and third season with 1860 München. In my second season I promoted to the 2nd Bundesliga... in both seasons pre-season started 20 days before my first competition match.

Edited by RNSS
22 minutes ago, RNSS said:

Is this supposed to be fixed? I've had this problem at the start of my second and third season with 1860 München. In my second season I promoted to the 2nd Bundesliga... in both seasons pre-season started 20 days before my first competition match.

Firstly, yes, we changed the start dates in Germany to be more sensible considering the different league start times.  The early start date is no longer 3rd June, it's 17th.  The difficulty in Germany is that the leagues start at different times.  3 Liga starts way before the Bundesliga for instance.  We're looking at changing the start dates to be league specific within nations but this won't be possible until next version at the earliest.

Is what you are describing a different issue though?  Are you saying pre-season starts too early for Bundesliga 2 clubs in the second season?  If so, more info and a save uploaded to our cloud service would be helpful.  Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Firstly, yes, we changed the start dates in Germany to be more sensible considering the different league start times.  The early start date is no longer 3rd June, it's 17th.  The difficulty in Germany is that the leagues start at different times.  3 Liga starts way before the Bundesliga for instance.  We're looking at changing the start dates to be league specific within nations but this won't be possible until next version at the earliest.

Is what you are describing a different issue though?  Are you saying pre-season starts too early for Bundesliga 2 clubs in the second season?  If so, more info and a save uploaded to our cloud service would be helpful.  Thanks.

I think I did not understand the reported issue correctly. What I'm saying is, is that the pre-season started too late for my (3. Liga) team in the second season and in the third season (In Bundesliga 2). My players returned from holiday on the 5th of July and the season started around 20 days later. I was not able to set the start of the pre-season in both seasons, because I did not get the usual message (in my inbox) where you are supposed to choose a date regarding the start of the pre-season.

On 30/12/2019 at 11:17, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks for this - taking a look. 

hi chris, have you managed to take a look at this. the fixture model needs correcting on a few leagues. not just specific to the bundesliga. 

21 hours ago, james-99 said:

hi chris, have you managed to take a look at this. the fixture model needs correcting on a few leagues. not just specific to the bundesliga. 

I believe it's with the team to work on but it's an incredibly difficult thing to get balanced. Thanks. 

On 17/12/2019 at 08:49, Christopher Lewis said:

It's with a coder to investigate now. 

Any updates on my ticket to share? Let me know if there's more data I can provide.

Edit: @Christopher Lewis , you can considered this closed.  I ended up using the editor to poke around and found the affiliation I had with Dortmund had the "Can't play in the same division" flag checked.  I reloaded to matchweek 38 in the 2019/2020 season, cleared the flag, and simulated to July 1 2020.  The promotion ineligible restriction no longer showed.

Edited by fenwayhotspur
  • Dan Ormsby changed the title to [Germany] (Official) League Specific Issues
  • Christopher Lewis locked and unlocked this topic