Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[Germany] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Germany competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Germany should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Started a career with German side VfB Stuttgart and scheduled a few friendlies. Most of the kickoff times are alright (12 am, 3:30 pm, 8 pm) but all of a sudden two of the friendlies are taking place at 6 am and 6:30 am respectively, both taking place in my own stadium at Stuttgart/Germany. That's not very realistic and needs to be fixed.

The 'real' fixture list for 3. Bundesliga is missing. Would it be possible to add this? Fixture lists for 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga are included though, just like IRL.

9 hours ago, Nice_Moves1887 said:

My second Team (Hamburg2) don't play any matches, their schedule is just empty.

They are in 4th tier, which is not being simulated in the game.

I cant play with players like wriedt or kern in the 2nd Team. It says they are to old for the team. But in real life they Play, so whats false there? 

The start date for German football is the 3rd June? But players don't return from holiday until long past then and the first friendlies aren't until the 3rd July.

On 01/11/2019 at 22:54, Dome_ElGamba said:

Started a career with German side VfB Stuttgart and scheduled a few friendlies. Most of the kickoff times are alright (12 am, 3:30 pm, 8 pm) but all of a sudden two of the friendlies are taking place at 6 am and 6:30 am respectively, both taking place in my own stadium at Stuttgart/Germany. That's not very realistic and needs to be fixed.

Thanks @Dome_ElGamba - Could you upload a save with these weird kick off times for us to try to prevent this happening often? 

14 hours ago, BanOly said:

The start date for German football is the 3rd June? But players don't return from holiday until long past then and the first friendlies aren't until the 3rd July.

Thanks for this, have logged an issue.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:22, Dubbledi said:

I cant play with players like wriedt or kern in the 2nd Team. It says they are to old for the team. But in real life they Play, so whats false there? 

I don't see anything in the rules in-game that should be stopping this from happening.  Can you please provide a save to our cloud service and let us know what it is called?  Also let us know how to reproduce this issue.  Thanks.  

Hi, one thing I know that Miles had tweeted regarding the Bundesliga was with the scheduling and having the league champion of that season play the first match of the season (being on a Friday). Currently progressing to my 2nd season with Bayern, I won the Bundesliga and don't have the first game of the season like it replicates in real life.

image.thumb.png.43291baeb603c0ac048f633abba3659d.png

League Table for Reference:

image.thumb.png.fca6660ce638f43155e3013f84e2dc66.png

no league title's for any team showing up on players for the 2020 season , even tough some played 27 games etc

Edited by jonb33

On 03/11/2019 at 12:22, Dubbledi said:

Don't know if this has already been fixed, but I am having the same problem. Bayern's First Team manager sent Welzmüller down to get some matches, but I can't play him in the 3. Liga because of registration issues. Apparently no player older than 23 is allowed to play for the B-team. Which makes it very hard to get any results, because Welzmüller/Feldhahn/Wriedt would be the backbone of the team just like in real life.

registration should be: maximum of 3 players older than 23 on the pitch (for reserve teams).

xhh9hkhv.png

cfdll9rv.png

there is a missing "background color" for 6th place because 6th means at least Europa League Qualifying

also 16th place color should probably be a little more diverse than 17th and 18th?? at least in my taste :lol:

5273l9wv.png

in the rules tab there is a little "i" on 6th place saying it is dependant on the DFB Pokal winner, that's correct as it could be Group Stage or Qualifying, but it should also be on 7th place as it could be nothing or Qualifying

17 hours ago, thenamesmiles said:

Hi, one thing I know that Miles had tweeted regarding the Bundesliga was with the scheduling and having the league champion of that season play the first match of the season (being on a Friday). Currently progressing to my 2nd season with Bayern, I won the Bundesliga and don't have the first game of the season like it replicates in real life.

image.thumb.png.43291baeb603c0ac048f633abba3659d.png

League Table for Reference:

image.thumb.png.fca6660ce638f43155e3013f84e2dc66.png

Hey @thenamesmiles - could you upload this save game to the cloud service? I've been trying to reproduce this but it isn't happening for me. Thanks. 

My youth team is an Under-19s team and I am getting advice from player development team that players 18 years old are too old to compete in the league for the team. Based on the league rules listed, players age 18 should be eligible to play.

On 05/11/2019 at 15:30, xHoffefan said:

xhh9hkhv.png

cfdll9rv.png

there is a missing "background color" for 6th place because 6th means at least Europa League Qualifying

also 16th place color should probably be a little more diverse than 17th and 18th?? at least in my taste :lol:

5273l9wv.png

in the rules tab there is a little "i" on 6th place saying it is dependant on the DFB Pokal winner, that's correct as it could be Group Stage or Qualifying, but it should also be on 7th place as it could be nothing or Qualifying

Excellent spots - they being investigated. The European spots should work correctly still, it's just they're presented incorrectly here. 

14 hours ago, cabulen said:

My youth team is an Under-19s team and I am getting advice from player development team that players 18 years old are too old to compete in the league for the team. Based on the league rules listed, players age 18 should be eligible to play.

Do you have this save game? Could you upload this to the cloud? Many thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Yep - uploaded as Casey Bulen - FC St. Pauli (v03).fm

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

if the player will become 19 years old in the same year as the competition (U19 Bundesliga for example) starts, he is not allowed to participate.

the rules say that players born before 1.1.2001 (for the 2019/2020 season) are not allowed

EDIT: sorry I forgot that I am using a custom editor file 

In the base game it says no players over 19... but the "official" rules are as I wrote above :)

Edited by xHoffefan

Prize Money is not up to date in the DFB-Pokal.

New:
First Round: 175,500 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Second Round: 351,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Third Round: 702,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Quater Final: 1,404,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Semi Final: 2,808,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)

Source: https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/praemien-im-dfb-pokal-steigen-erneut-205937/

Prize Money for the final is not fixed, but last year the winner and runner-up received the following Prize Money:
Final: 3,500,000 Euro (Loser Prize Money)
Final: 4,500,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money)
Source: https://www.kicker.de/755031/artikel

And 3rd round missing: 'Matches have Video Assistant Referees (VAR)' (that's new in this season)
Source: https://www.kicker.de/755009/artikel

15 hours ago, Waldi98 said:

Prize Money is not up to date in the DFB-Pokal.

New:
First Round: 175,500 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Second Round: 351,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Third Round: 702,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Quater Final: 1,404,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)
Semi Final: 2,808,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money AND Loser Prize Money)

Source: https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/praemien-im-dfb-pokal-steigen-erneut-205937/

Prize Money for the final is not fixed, but last year the winner and runner-up received the following Prize Money:
Final: 3,500,000 Euro (Loser Prize Money)
Final: 4,500,000 Euro (Winner Prize Money)
Source: https://www.kicker.de/755031/artikel

And 3rd round missing: 'Matches have Video Assistant Referees (VAR)' (that's new in this season)
Source: https://www.kicker.de/755009/artikel

Thanks for this @Waldi98 - it is under review to be changed

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:25, Kumpi said:

Don't know if this has already been fixed, but I am having the same problem. Bayern's First Team manager sent Welzmüller down to get some matches, but I can't play him in the 3. Liga because of registration issues. Apparently no player older than 23 is allowed to play for the B-team. Which makes it very hard to get any results, because Welzmüller/Feldhahn/Wriedt would be the backbone of the team just like in real life.

registration should be: maximum of 3 players older than 23 on the pitch (for reserve teams).

I can't reproduce this here.  I don't understand why this isn't working for you.  Can you upload some screenshots of the squad registration and match rules sections of the 3. Liga rules page, and also from the Bayern II squad page with the 3. Liga rules present?  Thanks.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 08:26, jonb33 said:

no league title's for any team showing up on players for the 2020 season , even tough some played 27 games etc

This was a more general issue and is known and logged.  Please check again when the full FM release happens.

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

I can't reproduce this here.  I don't understand why this isn't working for you.  Can you upload some screenshots of the squad registration and match rules sections of the 3. Liga rules page, and also from the Bayern II squad page with the 3. Liga rules present?  Thanks.

beta manager – FC Bayern.fm

here is a save file as bayern manager

players above 23 that I put in second team arent allowed to play because they are above the maximum allowed age

Edited by xHoffefan

20 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

There you go...
It even says in the selection rules: "players must be 22 or younger"

Also attached: the official selection rules of the 3. Liga from the "DFB Spielordnung" §12, which states under point 1. that up to three players over the age of 23 are allowed to be on the pitch simultaneously.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-08 um 14.44.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-08 um 14.45.41.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-08 um 14.50.04.png

Started a game with Dortmund and I have two games against Bremen in my calendar. Both in the league and both on the same day...

fm_SCHEDULING.jpg

13 hours ago, DCrules said:

Started a game with Dortmund and I have two games against Bremen in my calendar. Both in the league and both on the same day...

fm_SCHEDULING.jpg

Could you upload the save game with this fixture appearing twice in the calendar. I've just started 3 new games with Dortmund and I can't get this to repeat for me? Thanks. 

I'm currently on my third season with Magdeburg in 3.Liga (3rd tier). Had 2 previous seasons in the same league and as such, I was entered into the DFB-POKAL at the very first round in those 2 seasons. But this season I haven't been entered into that competition at all. It's not even a target in my club vision, even though it was with the first 2 seasons. This is also the first season that introduced the Euro Cup 2, not sure of that is relevant, but it is the only competition change I can see. I only have the german  leagues loaded currently.

I'm not sure if this is an issue, or there was a change with this cup in real life.

I've attached images below.

Spoiler

473506228_download(18).thumb.png.c1fbf28114e59fec4171595be8570927.png

Previous season with the entry to DFB-Pokal

430946717_download(19).thumb.png.3b2b59d7e7393c09d19dd91f4f7331f9.png

Current season with no entry.

1553449951_download(20).thumb.png.e75649efdd87407d388f5ccc9c6f579d.png

First round of DFB-Pokal from current season

1410001607_download(21).thumb.png.ce51f2d8afda6696781256c229116215.png

Club vision from current season.

On 03/11/2019 at 11:53, Soviet said:

They are in 4th tier, which is not being simulated in the game.

Shouldn't staff be able to schedule friendlies for second teams? Otherwise players in second teams just sit there doing nothing and the whole concept of second teams is useless.

Edited by jensito22
spelling

19 hours ago, Mediocre_Jake said:

I'm currently on my third season with Magdeburg in 3.Liga (3rd tier). Had 2 previous seasons in the same league and as such, I was entered into the DFB-POKAL at the very first round in those 2 seasons. But this season I haven't been entered into that competition at all. It's not even a target in my club vision, even though it was with the first 2 seasons. This is also the first season that introduced the Euro Cup 2, not sure of that is relevant, but it is the only competition change I can see. I only have the german  leagues loaded currently.

I'm not sure if this is an issue, or there was a change with this cup in real life.

I've attached images below.

Reveal hidden contents

473506228_download(18).thumb.png.c1fbf28114e59fec4171595be8570927.png

Previous season with the entry to DFB-Pokal

430946717_download(19).thumb.png.3b2b59d7e7393c09d19dd91f4f7331f9.png

Current season with no entry.

1553449951_download(20).thumb.png.e75649efdd87407d388f5ccc9c6f579d.png

First round of DFB-Pokal from current season

1410001607_download(21).thumb.png.ce51f2d8afda6696781256c229116215.png

Club vision from current season.

Clubs in the 3.Liga (except for the newly-relegated ones) have to qualify for the DFB Pokal by winning the regional Association Cups ("Verbandspokal/Landespokal", in Magdeburg's case the Saxony-Anhalt Cup), which isn't in the default game database. There are user-created databases that include the regional cups however.

Edited by autohoratio

On 10/11/2019 at 21:34, autohoratio said:

Clubs in the 3.Liga (except for the newly-relegated ones) have to qualify for the DFB Pokal by winning the regional Association Cups ("Verbandspokal/Landespokal", in Magdeburg's case the Saxony-Anhalt Cup), which isn't in the default 게임 database. There are user-created databases include the regional cups however.

That makes sense for the first season, team was newly relegated. But the second season? I had the cup that season too. Is this just a weird glitch because of the lack of regional cups in the database?

Edited by Mediocre_Jake

Am 9.11.2019 um 13:55 schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Could you upload the save game with this fixture appearing twice in the calendar. I've just started 3 new games with Dortmund and I can't get this to repeat for me? Thanks. 

Unfortunately I already simulated a good few games into the season now. But the good news is: The 2nd game has disappeared from the calendar. A bit strange that it now takes place in November though...

1 hour ago, DCrules said:

But the good news is: The 2nd game has disappeared from the calendar

That's good I guess but if it happens again, please attach the save. Thanks. 

I'm playing FM20 Touch in Germany 3. Liga and game forces me to manage and play reserve team matches although I have all staff available and set that they manage the friendlies. I think this same issue we had also in FMT19.

In the DFB Pokal the VAR is officially used starting the "Achtelfinale" (3rd round) since this year. In game it is still only used starting the Quarterfinals.

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/dfb-pokal/dfb-pokal-2019-20-achtelfinale-tv-uebertragung-free-tv-termine-spielplan_aid-44799939

Edited by DCrules

I have offered a contract to a youth player (Christopher Scott @ Bayer 04) and one of the non-negotiable demands was to loan him out this season however, as he is under 18, due to the Bundesliga rules, an under 18 year old cannot be loaned. When discussing it, there was no option to say that I am unable to loan him out due to league rules.

13 hours ago, zaxxe_ said:

I have offered a contract to a youth player (Christopher Scott @ Bayer 04) and one of the non-negotiable demands was to loan him out this season however, as he is under 18, due to the Bundesliga rules, an under 18 year old cannot be loaned. When discussing it, there was no option to say that I am unable to loan him out due to league rules.

Definitely worth raising this on the Contracts and Responsibilities section of the forum - Seems like our rule works, but it shouldn't be an option in the contract promises. https://community.sigames.com/forum/712-transfers-contracts-scouting-and-staff-responsibilities/

18 hours ago, DCrules said:

In the DFB Pokal the VAR is officially used starting the "Achtelfinale" (3rd round) since this year. In game it is still only used starting the Quarterfinals.

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/dfb-pokal/dfb-pokal-2019-20-achtelfinale-tv-uebertragung-free-tv-termine-spielplan_aid-44799939

Thanks, this has already been raised and dealt with.

17 hours ago, jonb33 said:

any SI CARE to ANSWER?

No need for caps lock!

Can you provide us a save game please, from during the registration period where Leon Bailey is not counted as homegrown, when you think he should be counted as homegrown?

18 hours ago, uroszila said:

I'm playing FM20 Touch in Germany 3. Liga and game forces me to manage and play reserve team matches although I have all staff available and set that they manage the friendlies. I think this same issue we had also in FMT19.

Hi, this sounds FMT specific.  Please raise this on the FMT bugs forum https://community.sigames.com/forum/727-football-manager-2020-touch-issues/

21 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

No need for caps lock!

Can you provide us a save game please, from during the registration period where Leon Bailey is not counted as homegrown, when you think he should be counted as homegrown?

well i felt the need to use caps lock because it took you ages to answer even though everybody else was getting answers and i would do it again thank you very much.

uploaded the save as "franz lehman unglingar.fm" to cloud. 

im not saying he is homegrown i'm only pointing out that in info he's considered german homegrown but not in registration as you can see on the screenshots.