FFP not updated

I just ran through a season in League Two with Carlisle.

My monthly wages are about 35.000£ per week. FFP only allows me to have 36.000 per week.

I got promoted, and the board increased my wage budget from about 35.000 to 65.000. But the FFP is the SAME in league One!! It is still 36.000, and that totally breaks my game. I can't offer >1000£ in wages for new players, and after the new season started and many of my players got a percentage bump to their wage, I can't even offer new contracts to the players I have (allowed no more than 1K).

Is this a bug, or is there something i haven't understood?

I suppose it might be relevant that i increased my finances through the editor before starting the game, but I don't see how that would have any effect on this?

Well this has never been an issue in earlier versions.

My wage budget (from the board) has increased in the same way (almost doubled on promotion), but FFP has never been a problem until after several seasons in Premier League.

10 of my players left in the summer, and my wages are now about 10K above allowed (because of promotion percentages), and i don't have a team to use for the season.

Edited by JustinCase88

On 15/01/2020 at 22:21, GuitarMan said:

I’d have to check the rules pages for league 1 and 2 but I believe in the EFL the wage element is based on turnover, which won’t change much unless you bring further success

I added another manager in the division just to check. They have an income of 4,5M last year, and went about 1,5M in deficit that season. And their FFP max wage is at 52K.

My team had almost 8M in income, and went 300K in deficit. And my FFP max wage is 36K, EXACTLY the same as last year in league 2.

So it's hard to believe it is based on turnover.

1 hour ago, JustinCase88 said:

I added another manager in the division just to check. They have an income of 4,5M last year, and went about 1,5M in deficit that season. And their FFP max wage is at 52K.

My team had almost 8M in income, and went 300K in deficit. And my FFP max wage is 36K, EXACTLY the same as last year in league 2.

So it's hard to believe it is based on turnover.

As per your opening post was this extra income through the editor? 

If not it may be worth raising a report in the bug forum with a save game so they can look into it for you. However league 1 and 2 rules for FFP are based on turnover.  There will be more detail on the league rules page in game (I am not in front of the game right now so cannot see them) 

There IS a way of doing it via the pre-game editor, not sure about the in-game editor. You need to go to the club finances and I believe it is under a category called something like, "Other income".

In there you will need to add yourself extra income from things like sponsors. So you can add yourself a £10M per season Stadium sponsorship deal for example for 100 years. That way, the game will register it as extra income made each season, which can then be spent on transfers and wages.

I'm not sure where all the 8M came from. I increased my finances (starting cash) from 1 to 3 million before starting, that's about it.

I don't really care about this one save game, all i want to know is if this is correct or a bug? No matter what the rules are, it seems strange that FFP did not change at all when getting promoted.

The official rules say it's 55% of turnover in league 2, and 60% in league 1. So I don't see why it would not increase.

If it had changed AT ALL, like 0,5K up or down, i would at least have known it was recalculated. Seems to me it is not now.

• 1 year later...

I'm having this exact issue again in 2021 and I haven't used the editor. THe maths seems to break sometimes when a team moves from league 2 to 1. In league 1 a team can spend 60 as apposed to 55 % of their income. I posted this in the bugs forum on Thursday and haven't had a response. I noted in the bugs forum that SI don't seem to respond promptly to bud posts unfortunately

FFP issue in League 1

I understand the league 1 (England) FFP rules mean that a team can only spend 60% of turnover on player wages. My limit for spending is set at £46k per week, which is £2,392,000. My projected revenue for the season in the finance tab is £8.92M and last seasons turnover was £5,919,535. If we were using last years turnover I should be able to spend £68k a week.

I am in July (so the season hasn't started) will the FFP sort itself out or is this a bug? Surely it would use last years turnover or the anticipated turnover as the basis for calculation? 

Bonuses in contracts come to mind as one possible factor. The projected revenue isn't always the most accurate and it could depend perhaps on what the breakdown of your finances were the year before. I don't know how FM arrives at the figures it does, but if you had player sales for example that's not necessarily money you can expect to receive again this year.