M'Bappe-how much is too much?

Tryllefot

240 mil + M. Dembele. 650k in wages. Chelsea FC SE04. Was pretty much triggered by Man U who splashed 232 on Joao Felix.

Won every major trophy but the league.

I signed him for Manchester United for 180,000,000£. Which is the most I have ever spent on a single player, and I've played since Champ '97 :lol:.

I struggle to justify it to myself to be honest, the money puts such a mental block in my head. Anyway, in terms of on the pitch, he is amazing.

Bought him for 210 million in season 6 at Madrid on 500k a week. 

37 goals and 22 assists in 44 appearances last season, which won him player of the year for third time in a row at 30 years old. This is playing at right IF on support.

He’s a cheat code. 

He's still getting a ridiculous number of injuries with me, both at my club and when away on international duty. I'm training him on normal intensity and I'm resting him when required. Does he need any special treatment? He's missing an average of a quarter of a season through injuries at the moment. He had 5 injuries last season and he's already had 3 injuries on my current season when I've only reached November!

He's only got injured again hasn't he! Totally fed up with him taking his 450k a week to be on the treatment table every other month. Surely he doesn't get injured on anyone else's save as frequently as mine? Can anyone please advise how to stop him getting injuries all the time? I'm going to have to sell him otherwise as his stats have declined enough as it is through injuries.

Mbape Injured AGAIN!!!.png

Are his numbers that good to justify that sort of price and wage over say Haaland? 

I remember Cavani was ridiculously overpowered in FM12 where he would be top scorer every year, sounds like it's same with Mbappe now?

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought him at the start of my 6th season with Newcastle United for an eye watering £252m from Barcelona (min fee release clause), paying him £525k a week.

I've been playing the same 4-3-2-1 formation for 5 years and in order to fit Mbappe in and play my long term main striker Haaland in the same team I've completely changed system to a 4-4-2. I begrudgingly sold two of my long standing AMCs (Asensio & HJ Traore) to fund the move and a couple of very good youth prospects for excellent money. Actually in pretty good shape financially as I spent £400m, but raised £330m in the reshuffle.

To be honest I was getting a little tired and wanted to mix things up as I've won the last 4 league titles and 2 UCL in those 4 years. So a change of system appealed to me.

Did it pay off? In a word. Yes! I've played 14 in the league, won 13, drew 1, smashed my closest rival Liverpool 5-2 (Mbappe hatrick) at Anfield and next closest Man City 6-1 (Mbappe hatrick) at St James Park. Mbappe has scored 24 goals in 18 games and Haaland is on 15 in 17. I'm scoring far more goals than I was and I'm smashing most opposition off the park. Only a rejuvenated Man United and randomly Shakhtar Donetsk have got draws off me and I've won all my other games.

Even better Liverpool went on a terrible run after I battered them 5-2 early on in the 6th season, Klopp got sacked and they sit in 12th more than 20 points behind me. Good to see as I quite frankly hate Liverpool IRL and they've been a massive thorn in my side this save. They've lost as many league games (6) in the first 14 games of this season as the previous two seasons combined. I hope they don't claw thier way back and qualify for Europe, probably will though, they've appointed Pochcetino and have won three games on the spin since.

Excited to see how many goals H&M get in the coming seasons.

Edited by Robioto

On 25/05/2020 at 00:25, Blue 4 Life said:

He's only got injured again hasn't he! Totally fed up with him taking his 450k a week to be on the treatment table every other month. Surely he doesn't get injured on anyone else's save as frequently as mine? Can anyone please advise how to stop him getting injuries all the time? I'm going to have to sell him otherwise as his stats have declined enough as it is through injuries.

Mbape Injured AGAIN!!!.png

He might not necessarily be injury prone but check on the fitness tab on his profile, he might have developed a recurring injury that makes him more susceptible to injury now.

He is transfer listed in mine, 27 y old. PSG is asking £122M. The problem it's not the price, which is actually "cheap" for his quality, even though I don't pay that much for a player, but the wages are immense.

Edited by mikcheck