Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
ShayMehl

Sorry, something went wrong, for solutions please visit....

Every time I try to load up FM20 I keep getting this error message. It was working fine yesterday and I’m not sure what to do. Every time I click on link it just tells me to wait 24 hours

9EBD65BF-5FE5-4E3F-955B-FD46EF6F0276.jpeg

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Reboot your pc..

Done that multiple times aha and I’ve reintalled football manager twice and reinstalled steam

Is anyone else using/sharing your steam account?  Tried turning off anti virus?

It's best to post this in the bug reporting section, but they will want you to post your dxdiag and follow the steps in the faq on this forum

Yes, Anti-virus software could causing that. Add FM to the exception list.

If none of the above is true.. i'd hazard a guess you bought it from a grey-market seller like cd keys?

I've moved the thread to the appropriate bug forum. Also, for reference @ShayMehl, try these suggestions: 

And post a copy of your DXDiag file - you can find how to do that by checking this:

15 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Is anyone else using/sharing your steam account?  Tried turning off anti virus?

It's best to post this in the bug reporting section, but they will want you to post your dxdiag and follow the steps in the faq on this forum

Yeah I share a steam account. Is that what’s causing this? And I’ll also try turning off my anti virus software

24 minutes ago, ShayMehl said:

Every time I try to load up FM20 I keep getting this error message. It was working fine yesterday and I’m not sure what to do. Every time I click on link it just tells me to wait 24 hours

9EBD65BF-5FE5-4E3F-955B-FD46EF6F0276.jpeg

Where did you buy the game from? That URL gives the error message of "Currently your game purchase cannot be re-validated successfully, please wait 24 hours and try again." That normally suggests the key you use has been withdrawn e.g. because it was stolen or purchased using stolen card details. (Not suggesting you've deliberately done anything wrong: there's various sites which sell the game at a cheap price because they'll buy the keys from anyone, including criminals, with no questions asked. And it's entirely possible you've used one of them without realising).

Just now, ShayMehl said:

Yeah I share a steam account. Is that what’s causing this? And I’ll also try turning off my anti virus software

You can't share steam accounts my dude....

Just now, Spurs08 said:

Where did you buy the game from? That URL gives the error message of "Currently your game purchase cannot be re-validated successfully, please wait 24 hours and try again." That normally suggests the key you use has been withdrawn e.g. because it was stolen or purchased using stolen card details. (Not suggesting you've deliberately done anything wrong: there's various sites which sell the game at a cheap price because they'll buy the keys from anyone, including criminals, with no questions asked. And it's entirely possible you've used one of them without realising).

Yeah this is the worst possibility and is why I asked where it was purchased...

4 minutes ago, Welshace said:

You can't share steam accounts my dude....

Oh I didn’t even know that. Sorry I’m new to all this stuff. Been a console gamer for a while and just bought a PC and my mate said I could share his account to play FM offline. I didn’t even realise

Just now, ShayMehl said:

Oh I didn’t even know that. Sorry I’m new to all this stuff. Been a console gamer for a while and just bought a PC and my mate said I could share his account to play FM offline. I didn’t even realise

Ahhh no, there is a share function within steam, but you can't both use the same account like that....  

This is the issue..

Just now, Welshace said:

Ahhh no, there is a share function within steam, but you can't both use the same account like that....  

This is the issue..

Ah okay well I’ll buy a copy then using my main steam account. Thanks for your help man!!

Just now, ShayMehl said:

Ah okay well I’ll buy a copy then using my main steam account. Thanks for your help man!!

no worries :)

Thanks for sorting it, Welshace. 

Enjoy the game when you get it working Shay!