Sports Interactive Community

hello to anyone who can help.

I have two tactics that I'm using, the first is a 4-2-3-1 and the second is a 4-1-2-3 (although I think it is more commonly called a 4-1-4-1).

I use the 4-2-3-1 in matches that I'm expected to win and the 4-1-4-1 in matches that are likely to be close. I'm playing in the Colombian premier division and have assembled a pretty good squad. We won the cup last season & finished top of the league twice with me using the default gegenpress tactic template (4-1-4-1) but I'm trying to get better with tactics as we couldn't get to the final of the league playoff in either first/second phase (Colombia has a strange league system).

My 4-2-3-1 usually averages 60-65% possession and a fair few chances but I'm not scoring many goals.

I've only been using team instructions not player instructions as I'm not the best manager tactically tbh.

Ideally I'd like to get my 4-1-4-1 to be counter-attacking & my 4-2-3-1 to dominate but with the added bonus of some goals :lol: Also I used to play with inside forwards instead of wingers but my players are more suited to the winger role, maybe I should change back to the inside forwards?

Here are the two tactics, thanks to anyone that can help!

4-2-3-1

4-2-3-1.thumb.jpg.1a81d61cfc4806e502ff62cf02ea7c64.jpg

I have been changing between BBM/CM (s) on the left midfielder but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes. Maybe the CM on support would be better to hold the shape? I was going to try a BWM but I don't like how they chase all over the place.

4-1-4-1

4-1-4-1.thumb.jpg.ea0ba081c07b25a8d7b80455d9357bc6.jpg

I realise that some of the team instructions aren't set properly to do a counter attacking tactic. I usually have it set to regroup with a standard defensive line & standard pressing.

223211798_4-2-3-1tactic.thumb.jpg.b8ea832d1fb0efdc81cc1314676bfb7b.jpg

I've changed my 4-2-3-1 to be a bit more offensive both attacking & defense wise (and width) and it seems to be working well as we sit top of the league currently after a poor "first phase" where I was testing other tactics

Just wondering if there is anything obviously bad that I should be looking to change? I don't think that having a high defensive line & very urgent pressing is a good idea but we've only conceded 10 goals in 17 games and are finally scoring some goals.

24 minutes ago, ajt said:

Just wondering if there is anything obviously bad that I should be looking to change? I don't think that having a high defensive line & very urgent pressing is a good idea but we've only conceded 10 goals in 17 games and are finally scoring some goals

If it works for you - and it does seem to work, at least for now - then do not change anything.