Jump to content

FM20 Brentford Team Guide - The Bees Are Buzzing


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, daho said:

I'm in 2022 and Nicolas Madsen has developed really well

I have him shortlisted, but CM position isn't really a priority right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uCzz5Q6.png

Second season done with Brentford and we managed to finish 8th with 59 points which is massively exceeding expectations. Only missed out on Europe by 3 points to Spurs. 

4LeMR3V.png

We started the season brilliantly despite being underdogs for most games and by the time January came around, our reputation levels had risen so high we managed to bring in players like Tonali, Okafor and Moro who were regular starters the second half of the season. Jonas Wind got 12 goals in 37 games which was an OK return although his form really dipped towards the end of the season where Mbeumo started to chip in with a number of goals from the right wing. Ollie Watkins was probably the main disappointment only chipping in with 4 goals and 5 assists from 30 PL games, was expecting much more from him. 

Baptiste went to Tianjin for £30m in January which allowed us to bring in a number of new faces although there were some games where we did appear to miss his physicality in breaking up opposition attacks. We also rejected a £30m bid for Jansson from another Chinese club as he was our star performed during the first few months of the season and won us a number of games with goals from set pieces. (Transfer overview here)

Aim for next season is to hopefully sneak into Europe. Over achieving so much this season might have done me no favours with the board :D

Edited by Ryan377
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, guys! I'm taking advantage of the recent promotion to play until March 25th (it's only my second FM). I started a career with Brentford and I managed, not without difficulty, to get promoted to the first division through playoffs ! I've signed a few players (Yoane Wissa, Lenz and got andré gray on loan) to help me get there.

promotion.thumb.PNG.00877b6cbfaae370467d10feabfb5942.PNG

 

I made some purchases during the summer window before the start of the first division with the new budget allocated by the managers.

transferts.thumb.PNG.a3d53e3002e9a5c6a7f6c7b578d333aa.PNG

I've also just signed Benoit Badiashile at CB. 

Thing is, i don't have enough left to buy a striker (3 millions left) and no one in the free agent list was interesting. I still have pretty much all the original players (only had to sold Dalsgaard) , but i'm wondering if Watkins or Mbeumo would make a decent striker in the prem. If you have any suggestions, i'm listening ! I'm also looking for tips to maximize my chances of staying in the top fight

 

 

 

 

Edited by LaTerreurDu93
adding details
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LaTerreurDu93 said:

Hi, guys! I'm taking advantage of the recent promotion to play until March 25th (it's only my second FM). I started a career with Brentford and I managed, not without difficulty, to get promoted to the first division through playoffs ! I've signed a few players (Yoane Wissa, Lenz and got andré gray on loan) to help me get there.

promotion.thumb.PNG.00877b6cbfaae370467d10feabfb5942.PNG

 

I made some purchases during the summer window before the start of the first division with the new budget allocated by the managers.

transferts.thumb.PNG.a3d53e3002e9a5c6a7f6c7b578d333aa.PNG

I've also just signed Benoit Badiashile at CB. 

Thing is, i don't have enough left to buy a striker (3 millions left) and no one in the free agent list was interesting. I still have pretty much all the original players (only had to sold Dalsgaard) , but i'm wondering if Watkins or Mbeumo would make a decent striker in the prem. If you have any suggestions, i'm listening ! I'm also looking for tips to maximize my chances of staying in the top fight

 

 

 

 

How's Cantwell developed in your game? I took a look at him but wasn't that good and when Nowrich got relegated, he was available for cheap, but I pursued other players instead. Bought Badiashile as well for 5m and If you're looking for a good striker, I signed Eddie Salcedo from Inter for around 8m, he's my number one striker in 2024, was PL top scorer for two seasons. Sold Watkins and Mbeumo for decent money as they were not good enough. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw. guys, I already postead in a different thread, however without any reply. How would you approach training for this guy? I play with both BBM and SS and this guy is a natural BBM but can play a SS as well. 

coly.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

@LaTerreurDu93 Mbeumo did better in the PL for me than Watkins. I'd go with Mbeumo but as Daho says, look at upgrading once you get funds. 

@daho BBM for me. He looks so well rounded with those stats. Benfica always seem to produce absolute gems. 

L2S2OVa.png

Just about to start our second season in the Premier League and my third with Brentford. We have massively upgraded the squad this summer, clearing out a number of players from the original Championship squad and bringing in good, young talent who will hopefully all develop with regular game time. Players like Salcedo and Bellingham are exciting attacking prospects who will hopefully be at the club for a number of years. We managed to get good fees for fringe players which has allowed us to improve almost every area in the squad. I now have to hope they can settle and gel quickly as we are hoping for another top 8 finish this year (Europe would be fantastic). 

Eib0o0e.png

The formation will remain the same as the last two seasons with minor tweaks to team instructions and player instructions now we will no longer be massive underdogs in most games. I've also spent a significant time in pre season improving the coaching staff for both the first team and youth teams whilst also focusing on improving players positional competency. 

Squad selection and tactics

We had a comfortable pre season but out fixture list for the start of the season looks daunting with Arsenal, Wolves and Chelsea in the first 5. An away tie against Premier League opposition in the second round of the EFL Cup isn't ideal either but we should be slight favourites. 

Fixtures

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Benham to give me a U18 team in January. I like to develop my own players, so really happy with this. First purchase was 16 year old Danish/Nigerian Tochi Chukwuani from FC Nordsjælland. Big talent. Go check him out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
On 19/01/2020 at 17:59, Jamie Cortez said:

Started my Brentford save a few weeks ago found this thread last night, i had an exceptional first season.

I gained promotion by winning the Championship, unexpectedly i also won the Carabao Cup... qualifying for the Europa Qualifiers..... an amazing feat...but not exactly the best for the first season in the premier league to also be in europe!

 

My transfers for going into the premier league are attached, get decent money to spend...however the wage budget was around 600k, and the board really didn't like me spending over 15m on a single transfer requesting i cancel several deals (Patrik Cutrone being the most notable!)

Have attached screens of transfers going into the premier league, first few games and having qualified for group stage of Europa having beaten some big teams on the way the group stage

 

History.jpg

Transfers.jpg

Premier Fixtures.jpg

Euro League.jpg

I got a little side tracked playing a networked game and a sunderland campaign.

 

I finished my first season in the premier league, landing in 7th place. We crashed out of the Europa at the 1st Knockout Round to Frankfurt, a disappointing loss at home followed by a draw away.

However we did capture the FA Cup, beating Arsenal in the final, so we are back in the Europa this season.

 

Transfers going in attached, Could really do with some strengthening Transfer budget is almost gone though, 6M left.

Brentford Transfers.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Brentfrd are such an exciting, forward thinking club. I can't believe I've never had a go at managing them. I've decided to finally give them a go, not least because of this amazing guide. I'm going to keep the articles from page 1 bookmarked and have a read through of how they are opeating in real life and try to incorporate some ideas into my game. There's some big pressure from this thread to get promoted first season... I think I count at least 10 people who got promoted at the first chance, well done everybody! I've just fired the game up for a look around the squads and such. I actually like the fact that there's no youth team because all my saves are usually big on youth development, this will change things up nicely. A quick question, do the U23's have any competitive fixtures at all? It looks like no. There are some good players in there that would benefit from the development league. What about the following season? Just wondering if it will be best to loan out players like Zamburek or keep them for the U23 team (called B-Team?).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhoAreYa? said:

Hi all! Brentfrd are such an exciting, forward thinking club. I can't believe I've never had a go at managing them. I've decided to finally give them a go, not least because of this amazing guide. I'm going to keep the articles from page 1 bookmarked and have a read through of how they are opeating in real life and try to incorporate some ideas into my game. There's some big pressure from this thread to get promoted first season... I think I count at least 10 people who got promoted at the first chance, well done everybody! I've just fired the game up for a look around the squads and such. I actually like the fact that there's no youth team because all my saves are usually big on youth development, this will change things up nicely. A quick question, do the U23's have any competitive fixtures at all? It looks like no. There are some good players in there that would benefit from the development league. What about the following season? Just wondering if it will be best to loan out players like Zamburek or keep them for the U23 team (called B-Team?).

Thanks for the kind words mate. I took a lot of time to get this thread started right so I am glad you are going to manage them and hope you do well.

Don't stress if you don't get promoted in the first season cos to be honest Brentford ideally should be a top Championship team and be a selling club for Prem teams to buy their players.

I look forward to seeing how you do with them @WhoAreYa?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford FC – BenhamBall – Summer 2019

 

I’m not in a hurry to start the season. My first few days on the job will be spent analysing the task at hand – the squad, the staff, the expectations, the infrastructure etc. This thread has been a goldmine of information so I don’t feel like I’m going in blind.

 

Youth Development - The first difference to a standard FM game is the whole youth situation – or lack of it! It’s a very unique set up and I’m still not entirely sure how to go about it. I like it though and I have no plans to ever develop the youth facilities. There are quite a few gems in the U23 squad and I’ll refer to these as my development squad. The first decision is how to develop the players in the development squad. The tricky players are Gunnarsson, Racic, Thompson, Oksanen, Zamburek and I’d even say the likes of Yearwood and Fosu from the first team. These are good players with high potential who need careful man management to develop. Similarly, this bracket of players also have their pathway to the first team blocked by more able candidates so I can’t guarantee them many first team minutes. In a regular game, I’d leave them to play in the development league, monitor their training schedules and wait and see if any injuries or fixture congestion arise to give them their big break. As far as I’m aware, but I do need this confirming please, Brentford’s U23 team do not play any competitive games and the most would be weekly friendlies? I’m not sure that this is enough for them to significantly improve and take a first team, rotational place?

 

Tactics – I’m quite set in my ways on how I like to see football being played. It needs to be possession orientated, progressive and entertaining. Brentford have a good, technical squad but good is probably the correct adjective. Good just doesn’t quite cut it though so I’ll ‘phase in’ a more expansive playing style slowly. I’ve based that on two key areas, central midfield and central defence. Defensively, the DC pairing of Pinnock and Janssen is very good. However, they are not ball-playing or ball-carrying defenders. If pressed they will make mistakes. Also, I don’t have a deep-lying playmaker (player traits being a factor here) and would have to use Mokotjo or Baptiste, who has enough potential to grow into this role. Both won’t really create angles for the DC pairing and will not be able to quickly take the ball and find somebody in a better position. It will all be quite slow and ponderous which is easy to defend against. Even higher up in midfield my only “passer” is Norgaard (who I’m not sure actually starts), unless I can squeeze some technical development out of Jensen. To counter this lack of trust in my central areas I’ll have to build from the wing backs and hope that again isn’t too easy to defend against. My front three will be Mbeumo as an IF from the left, Benrahma as a winger on the right and Forss as a deep-lying forward. I’m hoping players like Jensen can switch play to Benrahma to offer something different because it all feels a bit turgid. We have good depth but form may have to decide who plays where. Pre-season will be very important.

 

Scouting – As you’ve probably guessed I’m not too happy with my squad. That’s harsh, there are some good players with potential to improve. But I just don’t see this team going up first season like you all have done! Eeek! I’ve opened up the first transfer window, I usually start with the same squads while January at least for realism, but I didn’t know if I needed to loan any players out or not. I won’t be making any incoming signings in this first window and I’ll use this time to scout and shortlist some realistic signings. This has been a hot topic in this thread, so, what’s my take on the subject? Well, I think there’s a real market to see someone have a go at a pure ‘BenhamBall’ or as much as the game can offer. Signings need to represent good value, they must be young and also fit my tactical style. Over the coming few days, I will try and narrow down a statistical blueprint for identifying players with key ‘metrics’ for each playing position. With my rigid tactical style this should be fairly easy to do. For example, key passes per game for my midfielders, percentage of shots on target/ goals for strikers (see the signing of Benrahma as an example), percentage of shots saved for GK’s etc etc. I think that could be very interesting to see who the game identifies as productive players. Then it will be a case of scouting realistic leagues with further scrutiny of any players that the numbers highlight.

 

Pre-season will be busy. I’m currently scheduling friendlies to see the entire squad in action. I’ll be tweaking roles and duties, setting up my scouting assignments, appraising staff and I honestly can’t wait! I haven’t been this excited about a save for a very long time!

 

Sorry, I know I’m banging on about this, but does the U23 squad have any competitive games? What about in the second season? That will really change my perspective on who I would like to keep at the club and who would be better served going on loan for first team minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhoAreYa? said:

Brentford FC – BenhamBall – Summer 2019

 

 

 

I’m not in a hurry to start the season. My first few days on the job will be spent analysing the task at hand – the squad, the staff, the expectations, the infrastructure etc. This thread has been a goldmine of information so I don’t feel like I’m going in blind.

 

 

 

Youth Development - The first difference to a standard FM game is the whole youth situation – or lack of it! It’s a very unique set up and I’m still not entirely sure how to go about it. I like it though and I have no plans to ever develop the youth facilities. There are quite a few gems in the U23 squad and I’ll refer to these as my development squad. The first decision is how to develop the players in the development squad. The tricky players are Gunnarsson, Racic, Thompson, Oksanen, Zamburek and I’d even say the likes of Yearwood and Fosu from the first team. These are good players with high potential who need careful man management to develop. Similarly, this bracket of players also have their pathway to the first team blocked by more able candidates so I can’t guarantee them many first team minutes. In a regular game, I’d leave them to play in the development league, monitor their training schedules and wait and see if any injuries or fixture congestion arise to give them their big break. As far as I’m aware, but I do need this confirming please, Brentford’s U23 team do not play any competitive games and the most would be weekly friendlies? I’m not sure that this is enough for them to significantly improve and take a first team, rotational place?

 

 

 

Tactics – I’m quite set in my ways on how I like to see football being played. It needs to be possession orientated, progressive and entertaining. Brentford have a good, technical squad but good is probably the correct adjective. Good just doesn’t quite cut it though so I’ll ‘phase in’ a more expansive playing style slowly. I’ve based that on two key areas, central midfield and central defence. Defensively, the DC pairing of Pinnock and Janssen is very good. However, they are not ball-playing or ball-carrying defenders. If pressed they will make mistakes. Also, I don’t have a deep-lying playmaker (player traits being a factor here) and would have to use Mokotjo or Baptiste, who has enough potential to grow into this role. Both won’t really create angles for the DC pairing and will not be able to quickly take the ball and find somebody in a better position. It will all be quite slow and ponderous which is easy to defend against. Even higher up in midfield my only “passer” is Norgaard (who I’m not sure actually starts), unless I can squeeze some technical development out of Jensen. To counter this lack of trust in my central areas I’ll have to build from the wing backs and hope that again isn’t too easy to defend against. My front three will be Mbeumo as an IF from the left, Benrahma as a winger on the right and Forss as a deep-lying forward. I’m hoping players like Jensen can switch play to Benrahma to offer something different because it all feels a bit turgid. We have good depth but form may have to decide who plays where. Pre-season will be very important.

 

 

 

Scouting – As you’ve probably guessed I’m not too happy with my squad. That’s harsh, there are some good players with potential to improve. But I just don’t see this team going up first season like you all have done! Eeek! I’ve opened up the first transfer window, I usually start with the same squads while January at least for realism, but I didn’t know if I needed to loan any players out or not. I won’t be making any incoming signings in this first window and I’ll use this time to scout and shortlist some realistic signings. This has been a hot topic in this thread, so, what’s my take on the subject? Well, I think there’s a real market to see someone have a go at a pure ‘BenhamBall’ or as much as the game can offer. Signings need to represent good value, they must be young and also fit my tactical style. Over the coming few days, I will try and narrow down a statistical blueprint for identifying players with key ‘metrics’ for each playing position. With my rigid tactical style this should be fairly easy to do. For example, key passes per game for my midfielders, percentage of shots on target/ goals for strikers (see the signing of Benrahma as an example), percentage of shots saved for GK’s etc etc. I think that could be very interesting to see who the game identifies as productive players. Then it will be a case of scouting realistic leagues with further scrutiny of any players that the numbers highlight.

 

 

 

Pre-season will be busy. I’m currently scheduling friendlies to see the entire squad in action. I’ll be tweaking roles and duties, setting up my scouting assignments, appraising staff and I honestly can’t wait! I haven’t been this excited about a save for a very long time!

 

 

 

Sorry, I know I’m banging on about this, but does the U23 squad have any competitive games? What about in the second season? That will really change my perspective on who I would like to keep at the club and who would be better served going on loan for first team minutes.

 

I think from what I remember is eventually you can ask for a B team or Under 18 team I think so you might be able to get that but I can't remember for definite. Sorry mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I think from what I remember is eventually you can ask for a B team or Under 18 team I think so you might be able to get that but I can't remember for definite. Sorry mate.

Not a problem. I enabled the first season transfer window for this very reason. I've gone on a cull of the development squad this evening and the only two players that I haven't loaned out are Yearwood and Carre. Very pleased with the percentage of wages freed up and also I put in a lot of small loan fees, enough to add up over the season and recoup the nomimal transfer fees paid for these players before my time at the club. I also manually filtered the offers based on playing time and quality of training facilities. Hopefully this will pay off come the end of the season.

What I've tried to do with the higher rated players like Valencia is really think about market value. He signed for Brentford for £1.8m but I saw him as 3rd choice on either wing. He was also sitting on £15,000 per week. I offered him for loan and had a few interested parties and so he heads to Huddersfield Town for the season. They're paying all of his wages plus £550k fee (I think that's minimum and could raise if he misses matches). Huddersfield also say he will be a rotation option which is more than I could offer him (again, if he's on the bench I get more loan fee) plus, crucially, Huddersfield have fantastic training facilities - better than us and better than the other teams who matched their bid. He either doesn't play and I get more money (plus he wouldn't play at Griffin Park anyway) but still trains at better facilities or he plays, raises his maket value and I get a more developed player at the end of the season. Brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhoAreYa? said:

Not a problem. I enabled the first season transfer window for this very reason. I've gone on a cull of the development squad this evening and the only two players that I haven't loaned out are Yearwood and Carre. Very pleased with the percentage of wages freed up and also I put in a lot of small loan fees, enough to add up over the season and recoup the nomimal transfer fees paid for these players before my time at the club. I also manually filtered the offers based on playing time and quality of training facilities. Hopefully this will pay off come the end of the season.

What I've tried to do with the higher rated players like Valencia is really think about market value. He signed for Brentford for £1.8m but I saw him as 3rd choice on either wing. He was also sitting on £15,000 per week. I offered him for loan and had a few interested parties and so he heads to Huddersfield Town for the season. They're paying all of his wages plus £550k fee (I think that's minimum and could raise if he misses matches). Huddersfield also say he will be a rotation option which is more than I could offer him (again, if he's on the bench I get more loan fee) plus, crucially, Huddersfield have fantastic training facilities - better than us and better than the other teams who matched their bid. He either doesn't play and I get more money (plus he wouldn't play at Griffin Park anyway) but still trains at better facilities or he plays, raises his maket value and I get a more developed player at the end of the season. Brilliant.

Yeah Joel Valencia never performed for me so it was probably a good move for you to get rid of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2020 at 01:13, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah Joel Valencia never performed for me so it was probably a good move for you to get rid of him.

If I play this right we could make a very big profit on him which will all be reinvested in the club. This is good because from the projection screen it doesn't look too good. Speaking of reinvestments I'd like to improve the data analysis facilities at somepoint. However my initial impressions of the staff are not good at all. There's actually a terrible mix of personalities, playing styles and then actual attributes to back those up. Georgson is decent and O'Connor is a model citizen but bang average and on high wages. I think most will get another year with us (when a lot of contracts will expire) and then that will be a job for next summer. It's not as big of a job as it usually is for me with me not being bothered about intake day, which is of course directly affected by all of the above. Scouting is my next job. Again, horrible staff attributes! They'll have to do though for now.

 

It's a massive project is this and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new challenge. On the first page there are a couple of articles that are skeptical at best of the success of the project. It has been far more successful in Denmark than England and I think the current FM assessment of the club such as fairly average squad, poor staff attribute, fairly precarious finances etc are a good reflection. Still, I'm very much enjoying it so far. Limited playing time means I'm still early in pre-season but I'll get there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2020 at 18:30, LaTerreurDu93 said:

Hi, guys! I'm taking advantage of the recent promotion to play until March 25th (it's only my second FM). I started a career with Brentford and I managed, not without difficulty, to get promoted to the first division through playoffs ! I've signed a few players (Yoane Wissa, Lenz and got andré gray on loan) to help me get there.

promotion.thumb.PNG.00877b6cbfaae370467d10feabfb5942.PNG

 

I made some purchases during the summer window before the start of the first division with the new budget allocated by the managers.

transferts.thumb.PNG.a3d53e3002e9a5c6a7f6c7b578d333aa.PNG

I've also just signed Benoit Badiashile at CB. 

Thing is, i don't have enough left to buy a striker (3 millions left) and no one in the free agent list was interesting. I still have pretty much all the original players (only had to sold Dalsgaard) , but i'm wondering if Watkins or Mbeumo would make a decent striker in the prem. If you have any suggestions, i'm listening ! I'm also looking for tips to maximize my chances of staying in the top fight

 

 

 

 

I picked up Mason Greenwood on loan in my second season save for Brentford and he's now the top goal scorer in the league.

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 11.42.03 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Has anyone gotten an expansion past the 25K mark on Brentford Communty Stadium? I got an expansion right after it was built but since then the "stadium"-button on my board site has been gone, that is 5 years ago. I`m in 2025. And mye average is 25000 each home game...

Edited by baltasarbrut
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

I was really inspired by this topic and the interesting methods that Brentford is using so there was no chance NOT to take the challenge of making history with them in the game.

I just finished my first season as I try to play as close as I can to their IRL philosophies such as : signing Scandinavians, signing players only from less inflated markets, signing players to make profit, NOT signing players over 31 or players with high transfer fees.

Here are some of the highlights of the season.

Trying to loan every single of the Brentford B squad so they can develop not in friendly matches.


Untitled.png

Didn't buy or sell anyone until the winter transfer window as I always try to play (so to be realistic). In the winter:

canos.png

Also sold Mokotjo & Karelis in the MLS for 2 mil.

And bought three players:


sean.png - 500k.

pedro.png - 1.7 mil.

niclas.png - 2.8 mil.

The Final league table

table.png

 

games1.png?fbclid=IwAR11g2KXIv30C84Z8Q5b

games2.png?fbclid=IwAR3bA_tI-gOdV0yS5arF

Lost to Villa for Carabao Cup.

We managed to eliminate Chelsea in the FA Cup, but we lost against Man Utd.

In the league we were almost unbeatable, our 2 defeats in the last games was due to using youngsters and still we have only 4 defeats. Great season, maybe the first time ever I play in the Championship (and I play every year with a team) and didn't even had difficulties. Really smooth season. Here are some stats. There is not 1 single player that was useless this season, everyone were great!

stats.png?fbclid=IwAR3ZHqGdxU6Lv-nTLqGhC

winners.png?fbclid=IwAR3kh7rwGXlwRjX0Qlv

Watkins, Jensen, Mbeumo, Benrahma, Roerslev, Pontus, Henry, Raya! ALL are great players and there are plenty more of course.

Now comes the tough part to play in the PL.

I signed some great talent for the next season (by again following the IRL strategy, of course it's hard if you want the best players)

Got Toni Moya, 21, Spanish (free from A. Madrid), Fruchtl, 20, German (375k from Bayern), Simon Tibbling, 25, Swedish (1.6 mil from Brondby), Adam Andersson, 23, Swedish, (1 mil from Hacken), Alexander Isak, 20, Swedish (13,25 mil from Real Sociedad), Alfa Semedo, 22, Portugese (1.6 from Benfica).

I still have another 25 mil in the bank and maybe will go for one more big signing (big fee, probably young player), but we will see.

Also will try to get some young player released by the best European clubs for free.

Sold only Marcondes for 5.5 mil in the MLS.

I need a couple of advises - first how to make another Home grown players (besides Rico Henry), for how many years they should be playing at the club?

Second - I didn't expect that there is no youth intake at all, just thought that they are gonna be ****** players, is this the case in the next season as well? (I don't want to ask for U23 team)?

Also have someone played with a Loan manager and should I get one, so I don't manage every single loan deal by myself or it's not the great idea.

I don't know if I can do that here, but I have keep a blog with monthly updates for my Brentford career (if it's forbidden just delete it) - https://onemoregame7.blogspot.com

 

 

Edited by OneMoreGame
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OneMoreGame said:

how to make another Home grown player

I'm a bit rusty on the various league rules, but I think you don't have to worry about this in the PL - home-grown at club is no longer a thing, you just need 8 players home-grown in nation.

9 hours ago, OneMoreGame said:

have someone played with a Loan manager and should I get one

Depends how much time you want to spend on this kind of thing. If you're happy to manage loans yourself you don't need one, and good loan managers (like technical directors) tend to be expensive so if you can do without it can save you a lot of money over the course of a year. Particularly at a club like Brentford, where you're not going to do a lot of youth development, you probably don't need one.

9 hours ago, OneMoreGame said:

I have keep a blog with monthly updates for my Brentford career

Great! I love a good FM blog. I'll check it out :thup:.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2020 at 02:26, baltasarbrut said:

Has anyone gotten an expansion past the 25K mark on Brentford Communty Stadium? I got an expansion right after it was built but since then the "stadium"-button on my board site has been gone, that is 5 years ago. I`m in 2025. And mye average is 25000 each home game...

I've got to the same point. Had a quick look in the editor and 25k is the maximum expansion capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2020 at 21:28, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Just curious if anyone is still playing as Brentford or started a new save with them ?

My Brentford save started out life as a lower league save (Guildford City - L10). Got them to Vanarama South in 22/23 but was struggling to get further than that. After a couple of years, Brentford came knocking.

Still in the Championship in 24/25, joined on 29/12 just outside of the top 6 and took them up through the playoffs that season.

Two seasons of Premier League struggle, took some tactical 'inspiration' from an FM twitter thread. We are 5th in the league after 25 games, 8 points clear of 8th.

Dom Thompson and Ethan Pinnock the only originals left, Pinnock retiring at the end of the year.

Non-regen signings in the three years in charge; Gianmarco Cagiano, Maxence Caqueret, Luca Connell, Tommy Doyle, Noam Emeran, Ivan Ilic, Alexander Isak

Non-regen signings still around from takeover; Jayden Braaf, Tom Edwards, Liam Lindsay, Rassoul Ndiaye, Ethan Pinnock.

Great club to manage, really enjoying it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, theribtickler said:

My Brentford save started out life as a lower league save (Guildford City - L10). Got them to Vanarama South in 22/23 but was struggling to get further than that. After a couple of years, Brentford came knocking.

Still in the Championship in 24/25, joined on 29/12 just outside of the top 6 and took them up through the playoffs that season.

Two seasons of Premier League struggle, took some tactical 'inspiration' from an FM twitter thread. We are 5th in the league after 25 games, 8 points clear of 8th.

Dom Thompson and Ethan Pinnock the only originals left, Pinnock retiring at the end of the year.

Non-regen signings in the three years in charge; Gianmarco Cagiano, Maxence Caqueret, Luca Connell, Tommy Doyle, Noam Emeran, Ivan Ilic, Alexander Isak

Non-regen signings still around from takeover; Jayden Braaf, Tom Edwards, Liam Lindsay, Rassoul Ndiaye, Ethan Pinnock.

Great club to manage, really enjoying it! 

Glad you are enjoying it.

What's this FM twitter feed then as you never know when I might need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Glad you are enjoying it.

What's this FM twitter feed then as you never know when I might need it.

This is the one. Using Oliver Jensen's 4-1-4-1 DM. It was the shape I was playing but has tied everything together. Focused on getting familiarity up to Fluid ASAP.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, theribtickler said:

This is the one. Using Oliver Jensen's 4-1-4-1 DM. It was the shape I was playing but has tied everything together. Focused on getting familiarity up to Fluid ASAP.

 

 

Cheers buddy, I will have a look at when I back from work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, OneMoreGame said:

Just finished my second season and what a season it was! We almost hit Europe in the first season in the Premier League!

final+table.png

 

big achievement. BPL is just so tough as a promoted team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone had any luck expanding the new stadium?

I’m 13 seasons in, we’re the biggest team in world football but still in a 25k stadium. Think we have sold out every game for the past 3-4 seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2020 at 16:22, Ronaldo Beckham said:

That was nearly 2 weeks a go lol. Just checking to see if there was any newbies in here trying out Brentford.

I’ve just started one myself, really struggling to get the right roles for the BMW front 3 and I’m determined to make it work! I think the rest of the team picks itself along with the roles! I’m playing 4-1-4-1 wide. 
 

I want the front 3 to line up how they do in real life, the way I interpret it is Watkins is a CF-A Benrahma IF- A and Mbeumo IF- S.

 

i could be massively wrong however and would appreciate any advice 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sarriball14 said:

I’ve just started one myself, really struggling to get the right roles for the BMW front 3 and I’m determined to make it work! I think the rest of the team picks itself along with the roles! I’m playing 4-1-4-1 wide. 
 

I want the front 3 to line up how they do in real life, the way I interpret it is Watkins is a CF-A Benrahma IF- A and Mbeumo IF- S.

 

i could be massively wrong however and would appreciate any advice 

I think you are right on how the roles are for them forward 3. 

I am tempted to start a new Brentford save and this time I might just sign players from the Danish league, French Ligue 2 and English League 1 and 2 to try replicate their real life recruitment policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I think you are right on how the roles are for them forward 3. 

I am tempted to start a new Brentford save and this time I might just sign players from the Danish league, French Ligue 2 and English League 1 and 2 to try replicate their real life recruitment policy.

Yeah that's what I'd do. Jensen and Norgaard were signed from Spain and Italy but they'd still count if you're including Danes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

Yeah that's what I'd do. Jensen and Norgaard were signed from Spain and Italy but they'd still count if you're including Danes. 

Yeah I will update properly sometime tonight but I basically poached a few players from Peterborough as the board wants me to sign players from lower leagues of England.

I also bought a couple of Danes from FC Midtjylland as they are owned by the same person who owns Brentford.

So I am keeping within the transfer policy they use.

I will be buying players based on their stats more then their potential rating etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone managed to get a good tactic going with Brentford using the BMW trio in the way they are used in real life? I cannot get them firing at all and all 3 seem to be dropping 6.4 performances and below! I seem to dominate games and have over 30 odd shots but all 3 seem to be jinxed! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarriball14 said:

Has anyone managed to get a good tactic going with Brentford using the BMW trio in the way they are used in real life? I cannot get them firing at all and all 3 seem to be dropping 6.4 performances and below! I seem to dominate games and have over 30 odd shots but all 3 seem to be jinxed! 

I can't say I have myself but I downloaded a few Brentford tactics and even a Brentford tactical style off Steam Workshop.

Here are screenshots of the 3 tactics I use.

Tactic 1

image.thumb.png.3f938658f1fd8967aa597adc212fcaa2.png

Tactic 2

image.thumb.png.2e9e98d97a87d9be082eb3b4f18fd1d0.png

Tactic 3

image.thumb.png.16e974b13e93e90ff92a396f80f5d031.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Transfers In

As I said earlier I am trying to replicate Brentford's transfer policy by going for players from Denmark, English Lower Leagues and French Lower Leagues.

So I went a bit crazy and raided Peterborough and signed Ivan Toney for £3.5m, Louis Reed for £3.5m, Ricky Jade-Jones for £180k, Harrison Burrows for £500k and finally Flynn Clarke for £200k. Peterborough have got a nice healthy transfer budget now cos of me lol.

Ivan Toney

image.thumb.png.bf00ac28e34d8c86515d3990e8e6636e.png

Louis Reed

image.thumb.png.d20ad1f077ec91df5fbd9f8e4226f0b9.png

Ricky Jade-Jones

image.thumb.png.3ed1dc3de566814743ee9a1f75161e10.pngimage.jpeg.a85ab93ac2b263a0e97a19b39d3dd8c9.jpeg

Harrison Burrows

image.thumb.png.585c65f1e841f1c0ee78069e116c1e6d.png

Flynn Clarke

image.thumb.png.bde2f2110aa9e4a9f56a0f4ab3c29446.pngimage.jpeg.13e0474ed026fa2bb2de243766ddf9ab.jpeg

I also raided Denmark and signed the following players.

Nicolas Madsen

image.thumb.png.07f8b56e4eb7f9bb2d146a8ccde33634.png

Tobias Damtoft

image.thumb.png.fbbab93fad79b1bb0f74232c96a6780c.pngimage.jpeg.7609cfa34362277ed015d830f88f17c7.jpeg

Marcelo Randolf

image.thumb.png.19585c37fc9499b3b437b1f62b6f8b3b.pngimage.jpeg.314a28703f3eb53aeb56baf265f92a7c.jpeg

I also signed a young talent from Exeter. His name is Ben Chrisene

image.thumb.png.09f3842a6f5f5d6558cff0b16febab53.pngimage.jpeg.e47b4477455564c39666b3f022dd8592.jpeg

I also managed to sign talented right back Jayden Richardson from Notts Forrest. 

image.thumb.png.de5bc74741aafb6481a9f5c9def3f0bf.pngimage.jpeg.64b778311fd18882f18826070e66637d.jpeg

I signed Jovan Malcom from West Brom

image.thumb.png.a9016f4090cb470395e661bd64290381.pngimage.jpeg.fdcf93a14a64f90a7fefcd3b39b38b83.jpeg

I managed to sign French goalie Johann Carrasso on a freebie. He looks pretty decent and signed Joe Rothwell and Maxence Caqueret on loan.

My only transfer out was selling Kamohelo Mokotjo who I sold to Inter Miami for £5m.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I managed to get Brentford promoted to the Prem through the Play Offs. First beating Reading 5-2 on agg and then beating Fulham 3-0 in the Play Off final.

image.thumb.png.33dabe4b6f52f0a97635832d077831e7.png

Play Off Semi Leg 1

image.thumb.png.ee0443060ebfec60018540d8a65c4614.png

Play Off Semi Final Leg 2

image.thumb.png.3c884b9b9f467b4b33854dfb3cf5bcc7.png

Play Off Final

image.thumb.png.59dfd0c52fb23f69949234fd348518a5.png

Final League Table

image.thumb.png.8e6d4e445d51fa8d27642266960c3257.png

Top Goalscorer - Bryan Mbeumo - 16 goals

image.thumb.png.de2360966b92353853dd2f4b3374de4c.png

Best Average Rating - Mathias Jensen - 7 goals, 4 assists and 7.43 average rating.

image.thumb.png.2ca3b69e7bb419eb9d8be20400d8cf89.png

My Favorite Player Of The Season - Emiliano Marcondes - 9 goals, 10 assists and 6.99 average rating

image.thumb.png.98cbf206bc9077eace3e2ff9fce49b0c.png

Financial Projection

image.thumb.png.2afcb8f31d34ce639f32cfb5d264de34.png

If I get good offers for any of my top players they will be gone as that is the Brentford way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Just seen this: Why are Brentford's data facilities rated so poorly in FM 2020?

No idea as I would of thought they would have excellent data facilities considering their approach but I have upgraded mine quite a bit over the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got bored of my Brentford save as I always get bored as soon as they get promoted to the Prem.

I will probably do another Brentford save again before FM2021 lol.

By the way I just found out that in real life Brentford have to make £50 million in profit from player sales to keep the club in profit so maybe anyone in here who manages Brentford could try make sure they make £50m profit each season from player sales.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I got bored of my Brentford save as I always get bored as soon as they get promoted to the Prem.

I will probably do another Brentford save again before FM2021 lol.

By the way I just found out that in real life Brentford have to make £50 million in profit from player sales to keep the club in profit so maybe anyone in here who manages Brentford could try make sure they make £50m profit each season from player sales.

I think Brentford are just too easy to get promoted. How long would it take anyone to get say, Charlton, to the Premiership?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

I think Brentford are just too easy to get promoted. How long would it take anyone to get say, Charlton, to the Premiership?

It took me 1 or maybe 2 seasons max. I might do a Charlton save again as I enjoy managing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished my third season, respectively second in the Premier League and we are in the EL!

final%2Bstandings.png

Massive result, we ended the season with €50M in the bank as I try not to buy pricey players. Ollie Watkins finished 3rd in the goalscorers, Alexander Isak 4th. Superb!

We bought Lovro Majer, Amine Gouiri, Patrick Roberts and Felix Beijmo before the season. The Croatian is doing really good. In the winter we sold Ayoze Perez for €18M (who was bought for just €9M) and bought for the same money Ebere Eze & Amine Harit.

 

Next season we will attack the top 4 after we succeeded with getting into the top 6 first. Have a lot of fun with this save of course with my own restrictions as the board gives you absurd money to spend. We expanded the stadium to 25k however we still don't have U23 team and maybe it's time to do that. We steal a lot of youngsters from big clubs (PSG, Inter, Bayern).

If someone is interested - here are my monthly updates -
https://onemoregame7.blogspot.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, OneMoreGame said:

Next season we will attack the top 4 after we succeeded with getting into the top 6

Going very well :thup: I've been following your blog from the beginning and I'm enjoying the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...