Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Ronaldo Beckham

FM20 Brentford Team Guide - The Bees Are Buzzing

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I thought the create a club mode was one where you create a brand new club from scratch or have I got it wrong what you were saying.

 

You can. Basically you take over a club and can clear the entire squad and staff and even re-name the club, stadium, nickname and where they are based. I don't do that, as franchise stuff doesn't appeal (e.g. I love T20 cricket but could never watch IPL or this new 100 tournament coming along). I just use it to tweak a couple of bits and crack on from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You can. Basically you take over a club and can clear the entire squad and staff and even re-name the club, stadium, nickname and where they are based. I don't do that, as franchise stuff doesn't appeal (e.g. I love T20 cricket but could never watch IPL or this new 100 tournament coming along). I just use it to tweak a couple of bits and crack on from there.

Oh ok sounds interesting, I might look into that at some point. Cheers for explaining it to me Jogo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh ok sounds interesting, I might look into that at some point. Cheers for explaining it to me Jogo.

No worries. I don't change much at all - just three signings in, kept the staff, kept the club history, cut the affiliate links and released a few players from the squad. Here is what I was left with...

844842657_Brentford_Profile.thumb.png.8fc9f3a1a9a4775933820bab5e2dd407.png

157560736_Brentfordwageroll1.1.thumb.png.211394afba49f367c9f7ff93a5f0f6fe.png

I should add that I used this mode for Bolton and made them too strong in error, which kind of ruined it for me. I don't use the mode to enjoy 'win win' tactics, just to create a squad I will find enjoyable to manage (and realistic). It takes a bit of work to get the balance right but I feel I have on this Brentford one.

I seriously looked at managing Oxford to enjoy Baptiste and QPR (to sign Baptiste) but their budget didn't allow it as Oxford wanted way over his actual valuation. Going with Brentford allowed me to have both from the outset and to manage an exciting team. However, I wouldn't rule out a proper go with QPR or even a create a club go with them and just sign Baptiste. It's not the winning that counts...(it's the enjoyment).

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that wasn't a good start. Raya was out, then Henry got injured (still out) and Mbeumo was awful as IF on the right. I've moved Benrahma to the right as a winger and installed Eze in to the starting line up as a No. 10 slightly to the left of centre and things have picked up. I was sat in 24th for a moment but have clawed my way up to 14th after 6 games. 

1992642789_Brentford_Fixtures1.1.thumb.png.bc2d2a753d6abc9beff16957e46d319f.png

1940716011_Brentfordprogress1.1.thumb.png.e724e97bf83fe7a86346539931041bcb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, following on from my thinking about signing young Slovak striker David Strelec ...   Brentford must have approved and are targetting their own young Slovak striker in Robert Brozinik

 

j7lDia6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Haha, following on from my thinking about signing young Slovak striker David Strelec ...   Brentford must have approved and are targetting their own young Slovak striker in Robert Brozinik

 

j7lDia6.png

He looks decent (3rd September)...

1756410250_RobertBozenik_Profile.thumb.png.fc56f6717bf0dd23f3711ac0e16fae5c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

He looks decent (3rd September)...

1756410250_RobertBozenik_Profile.thumb.png.fc56f6717bf0dd23f3711ac0e16fae5c.png

Yeah, he's pretty much like that at the beginning, but is wanted by 15 odd clubs from the get go, so i always see Strelec as the better option depending on how he look each save as he has random attributes..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

He looks decent

Lol! He looks like a perfect Brentford target :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford Reboot Small Update

Currently top of the league with a 5 point lead, I have won 11, drawn 1 and lost 2.

image.thumb.png.14846ede63205a23dc8ab8a40c18f477.png

Here is my tactic as well if anyone is interested.

image.thumb.png.2e89933b3da45d79299858663de5b17d.png

Stand out player is again Mbeumo with 8 goals in 13 games, he plays very well as an AF partnered up front with a Pressing Forward.

image.thumb.png.cb570f1cd16da297714f0ad02035c5af.png

Benrahma and Canos are performing much better in this save

image.thumb.png.95d120b737886e33d86826f2ae379a15.pngimage.thumb.png.cb7597e95e3ca33588220e4a1ae68328.png

Honorable mention goes to Mathias Jensen who has the best average rating, has 6 assists, 4 goals and 5 man of the match awards. 

image.thumb.png.9fd899412fb88c75976ae131ea1f40ab.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you post a link for your Brentford tactic, unable to get is via Steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jefke5 said:

Can you post a link for your Brentford tactic, unable to get is via Steam

I can't at the moment as I am work until 5ish but if you just go into Steam Workshop for FM2020 and just type in Brentford in the search box it should be on there, it was for me.

Either that or you could do it manually, just copy the formation and do the team instructions how they are etc.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to you guys ! and reading the forums "English league Thread" I was stuck for 4 days trying to find my next club to explore. 

I was aware of Brentford via Mark Warburton being the Manager of Rangers a few years ago. Sounded like he did an ok job for you guys. 

I have decide to give this a go and see if I can make them a permanent Premiership club. 

Any advice ? for a first timer ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gross_Ballon said:

Thanks to you guys ! and reading the forums "English league Thread" I was stuck for 4 days trying to find my next club to explore. 

I was aware of Brentford via Mark Warburton being the Manager of Rangers a few years ago. Sounded like he did an ok job for you guys. 

I have decide to give this a go and see if I can make them a permanent Premiership club. 

Any advice ? for a first timer ? 

Welcome to the thread @Gross_Ballon

My only advice is to play as them how you want to, I have started again as Brentford after getting promoted to the Prem the first time I done it but felt like I wasn't sticking to the club ethos.

Maybe get rid of some of the older players and if you ever have any clubs go for your best players then sell them and make money, re-invest in youth Scandinavian players.

If I was you I would load up players from Scandinavia region as there is so many good to great players who are very cheap.

If you need any help then feel free to post in here and I and others will help you as best as possible.

Last bit of advice is play Mbeumo as an Advanced Forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Brentford Reboot Small Update

Currently top of the league with a 5 point lead, I have won 11, drawn 1 and lost 2.

image.thumb.png.14846ede63205a23dc8ab8a40c18f477.png

Here is my tactic as well if anyone is interested.

image.thumb.png.2e89933b3da45d79299858663de5b17d.png

Stand out player is again Mbeumo with 8 goals in 13 games, he plays very well as an AF partnered up front with a Pressing Forward.

image.thumb.png.cb570f1cd16da297714f0ad02035c5af.png

Benrahma and Canos are performing much better in this save

image.thumb.png.95d120b737886e33d86826f2ae379a15.pngimage.thumb.png.cb7597e95e3ca33588220e4a1ae68328.png

Honorable mention goes to Mathias Jensen who has the best average rating, has 6 assists, 4 goals and 5 man of the match awards. 

image.thumb.png.9fd899412fb88c75976ae131ea1f40ab.png

 

You have Dervisoglu already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I always use the Pr0 data update, so I had the latest transfers before I started.

Ah makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford Reboot Season 1 Update

Guess who got promoted again then lol.

image.thumb.png.77a8a42297838b2a6e3033b82f8b67b1.png

image.thumb.png.44fe9725f8a792bcb5f3442dc8ee0dc9.png

Nice little budget for my first season in Prem, I got given 37m for tranfers and an extra 200k in my wage budge.

 I don't think I will sign many players, I will see who my DOF tries to sign but I wont be signing the players I signed last time.

image.thumb.png.aab09e21422a180ee9b3b22ee2a09fff.png

Mbeumo was top scorer and Mattias Jensen was overall best player with with best average rating and most assists.

image.thumb.png.76bb7523649f3f3630ce66b06b5a3bad.png

image.thumb.png.4534d739fef801fae15118b4bd520fb7.png

My aim is to just try stay in the Prem for my 2nd season with Brentford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 12:39, Jogo Bonito said:

Personally I think it's good to have some challenges rather than all being plain sailing.

 

 

 

 

100% agree, expected more from the front 3 but that's FM for you I suppose.

@Ronaldo Beckham Not touched the save for a few days, been very busy with work and need to throw some love towards the Notts County save at some point. I'll try to finish the season this weekend and update (if I get time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@Fubz and @Jogo Bonito how are you getting on with your Brentford save then.

Well done on your promotion. I've not been able to play any more games since my last update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally finished the first season. Didn't do too much on the transfer front besides letting Mokotjo go mid-season. I was sitting in the play off spots most of the season. Happy to stay there and not bothered if we didn't go up. Even going into the last game in 3rd 3pts behind Fulham, I was happy, but as you'll see.

So a lot of work to do this Summer - can't wait for the inevitable new contract requests!

 

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 18.32.28.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford Reboot Season 2 Update

As expected I am struggling in my first season in the Prem so far coming up to the high way point of the season.

Only 11 points after 15 games is not good enough and results need to start going my way as I want to get 40 points but that might be tough.

image.thumb.png.b6711b3f3a5256a52eee1d2a9138efdf.png

Ollie Watkins being the only standout player with 5 goals from 11 games.

image.thumb.png.cb9ee322c20da125ce45d4b77887021e.png

I spent 20 million on players in the summer, recooping 3 million in player sales.

My main signing was Allan Campbell from Motherwell for 7.5 million.

image.thumb.png.71e6ca9a6a9c507612b3aee69710bc8e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Well done on your promotion. I've not been able to play any more games since my last update.

Cheers Jogo, I look forward to seeing what you do with Brentford.

18 hours ago, dothestrand said:

Finally finished the first season. Didn't do too much on the transfer front besides letting Mokotjo go mid-season. I was sitting in the play off spots most of the season. Happy to stay there and not bothered if we didn't go up. Even going into the last game in 3rd 3pts behind Fulham, I was happy, but as you'll see.

So a lot of work to do this Summer - can't wait for the inevitable new contract requests!

 

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 18.32.28.png

Well done @dothestrand on getting promoted, I did have quite a few players wanting new contracts but you got the finances to handle it.

I would look at buying quality over quantity in your first season in the Prem, I look forward to seeing who you sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ronaldo Beckham Good luck with that. A goal difference of -20 suggests a few spankings (which is to be expected) but you're in with a fighting chance so good luck on the relegation fight.

@dothestrand An exciting end to the season, but well done at the end. Hopefully you will enjoy your PL experience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Jogo Bonito and @Ronaldo Beckham the promotion was unexpected but I'm pretty sure the board wanted it within 2-3 seasons according to the club vision anyway. I think we'll certainly need an upgrade at RB and I'm looking at Rasmus Nissen Kristensen of RB Salzburg, who has a good, consistent set of attributes and is another Dane. Plus he's available for between 7-10m and I'll hope to get half that back on Dalsgaard. We have a lot of CM options so I may not be bothered about strengthening that too much - I did get a bid for Evander accepted but he wanted about 90k per week! It'll definitely be the AM and CF positions we need to improve. I sold Canos to Palace, although they were proper tightwads and only offered his value with instalments included. I accepted as he's not the quality I want ideally anyway. The one part of the club vision I never meet is signing lower division players. So hard to find anything half decent, even regens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started my Brentford save a few weeks ago found this thread last night, i had an exceptional first season.

I gained promotion by winning the Championship, unexpectedly i also won the Carabao Cup... qualifying for the Europa Qualifiers..... an amazing feat...but not exactly the best for the first season in the premier league to also be in europe!

 

My transfers for going into the premier league are attached, get decent money to spend...however the wage budget was around 600k, and the board really didn't like me spending over 15m on a single transfer requesting i cancel several deals (Patrik Cutrone being the most notable!)

Have attached screens of transfers going into the premier league, first few games and having qualified for group stage of Europa having beaten some big teams on the way the group stage

 

History.jpg

Transfers.jpg

Premier Fixtures.jpg

Euro League.jpg

Edited by Jamie Cortez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jamie Cortez said:

Started my Brentford save a few weeks ago found this thread last night, i had an exceptional first season.

I gained promotion by winning the Championship, unexpectedly i also won the Carabao Cup... qualifying for the Europa Qualifiers..... an amazing feat...but not exactly the best for the first season in the premier league to also be in europe!

 

My transfers for going into the premier league are attached, get decent money to spend...however the wage budget was around 600k, and the board really didn't like me spending over 15m on a single transfer requesting i cancel several deals (Patrik Cutrone being the most notable!)

Have attached screens of transfers going into the premier league, first few games and having qualified for group stage of Europa having beaten some big teams on the way the group stage

 

History.jpg

Transfers.jpg

Premier Fixtures.jpg

Euro League.jpg

Well done buddy, you are doing better then I am doing lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford Reboot Season 2 Review

I managed to stay up with 4 games to go.

I went on a really good run near the end but before that it was touch and go with me and Burnley neck and neck on points and them having a better points total.

image.thumb.png.6f681fe99133043a391cc1734687ea57.png

I ended 12th in the league in the end which was a lot better then I hoped for, especially as I was 17th or lower most of the season.

image.thumb.png.fae39927e5c729f75a547cddc72b0b36.png

I went on a good run as I said,I went unbeaten in all of April winning all my games.

I lacked a goal threat with Mohammed Daramy getting the most with 11 goals, Allan Campbell was all round best player.

image.thumb.png.94f0acd20a0a741f09cb239615568aec.png 

image.thumb.png.6835913ad80da36faacf809502dd0643.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have decided to leave the Brentford save, I might have another go with them in the future but for now I am leaving as I fancy starting a save with Dortmund cos of Sancho and Haaland.

I hope people still carry on their saves though and post in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is anyone still playing as Brentford, how are everyone getting on ?

My game crashed and I lost the Summer window, so I'll have to go back to that. What's annoying was that I signed Sergi Gomez, Borja Mayoral and Jesus Vallejo, so I'm hoping they're all listed again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

My game crashed and I lost the Summer window, so I'll have to go back to that. What's annoying was that I signed Sergi Gomez, Borja Mayoral and Jesus Vallejo, so I'm hoping they're all listed again!

I look forward to seeing what you do mate, good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone still playing as Brentford or anyone new decided to start a save with them.

I am thinking of having another crack once I have mastered this buying players from stats and not attributes approach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll definitely be giving them another go, but I'll probably wait until the data update and the arrival of Baptiste and Fosu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, warlock said:

I'll definitely be giving them another go, but I'll probably wait until the data update and the arrival of Baptiste and Fosu.

Yeah I think I will do the same as I am getting my head around the real life Brentford approach they use so will make it a more realistic save next time I have a go with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 23:01, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Brentford Reboot Small Update

Currently top of the league with a 5 point lead, I have won 11, drawn 1 and lost 2.

image.thumb.png.14846ede63205a23dc8ab8a40c18f477.png

Here is my tactic as well if anyone is interested.

image.thumb.png.2e89933b3da45d79299858663de5b17d.png

Stand out player is again Mbeumo with 8 goals in 13 games, he plays very well as an AF partnered up front with a Pressing Forward.

image.thumb.png.cb570f1cd16da297714f0ad02035c5af.png

Benrahma and Canos are performing much better in this save

image.thumb.png.95d120b737886e33d86826f2ae379a15.pngimage.thumb.png.cb7597e95e3ca33588220e4a1ae68328.png

Honorable mention goes to Mathias Jensen who has the best average rating, has 6 assists, 4 goals and 5 man of the match awards. 

image.thumb.png.9fd899412fb88c75976ae131ea1f40ab.png

 

Hi,

Will try the tactic, any player instruction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Will try the tactic, any player instruction?

  I don't think I did any player instructions to be honest. just tinker with it and see how you get on mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the U23 and U18 teams of Brentford, and it's system, I shouldn't hire any U18 coach and I should Loan every player that won't be in the first team?

I'm asking because we aren't in the reserve or u 18 championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

İ wanted to start a new career in england and ı choose brentford.I read about the team last few years and give it a go this year ı hope long term save.Team ıs ok not bad as some of you mentıoned ıncostıstent performance ıs the only ıssue and a striker would be good off course.I am open to suggestıons and any ıdeas.I have a question how about regens?do they provide regens and how good they are thanks allready

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2020 at 11:41, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the U23 and U18 teams of Brentford, and it's system, I shouldn't hire any U18 coach and I should Loan every player that won't be in the first team?

I'm asking because we aren't in the reserve or u 18 championship.

 Sorry for the late reply but yeah that is basically what you need to do if you want to follow the Brentford way of doing things.

36 minutes ago, dido53 said:

İ wanted to start a new career in england and ı choose brentford.I read about the team last few years and give it a go this year ı hope long term save.Team ıs ok not bad as some of you mentıoned ıncostıstent performance ıs the only ıssue and a striker would be good off course.I am open to suggestıons and any ıdeas.I have a question how about regens?do they provide regens and how good they are thanks allready

Welcome to managing Brentford, have you tried playing Mbeumo up front as an Advanced Forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 saat önce, Ronaldo Beckham said:

 Sorry for the late reply but yeah that is basically what you need to do if you want to follow the Brentford way of doing things.

Welcome to managing Brentford, have you tried playing Mbeumo up front as an Advanced Forward.

İ dıd but he is averaging 6.5 also watkins are in poor form but we are at 2place.how about regens u have any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dido53 said:

how about regens

They will get a youth intake every year, but don't expect much in the way of quality. Youth facilities are poor, and they have no Head of Youth Development. You can request improvements to the facilities, and hire a HoYD, but it will take several years before you see a significant improvement. Really, if you want to do youth development Brentford isn't the club you're looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 dakika önce, warlock said:

They will get a youth intake every year, but don't expect much in the way of quality. Youth facilities are poor, and they have no Head of Youth Development. You can request improvements to the facilities, and hire a HoYD, but it will take several years before you see a significant improvement. Really, if you want to do youth development Brentford isn't the club you're looking for.

Just wondered about what will happen thats all.i want a long term save but i could buy regens dont matter i develop or buy hope just nice career is ok i get bored so thats why i want to go on :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dido53 said:

İ dıd but he is averaging 6.5 also watkins are in poor form but we are at 2place.how about regens u have any idea?

I would just see what your scouts suggest, there is plenty of threads on here if you want to see what players people suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...