How many 'fancy' roles is too many?

Ok, I've had this idea for a rather unconventional tactic and, after reading articles on other sites, I kinda know what roles I want to use. 

As stated in the title, how many fancy roles is too many? 

The idea includes 4 'continental' roles, as well as a F9 and a shadow striker. 

Is that overkill or could it work? I know (through spreadsheet analysis) I have the players to make it work in terms of filling the roles but I'm still unsure as to whether it is too much. 

9 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Depends really on  how you build your team. I have like 7 "fancy roles" with Crewe and I'm fighting for promotion already

Well that's the thing. Depends on the team. It's probably not a good idea to use fancy roles with amateur level teams. Like how many registas are you going to find in LLM? But again you might always get lucky and get a good youth intake.

2 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Well that's the thing. Depends on the team. It's probably not a good idea to use fancy roles with amateur level teams. Like how many registas are you going to find in LLM? But again you might always get lucky and get a good youth intake.

That's where I disagree. These roles are just pre-set instructions. Whether they have a 'fancy' name or not, use it if it suits the player and the tactic. Whether you end with 1 or 11 fancy roles, it doesn't matter, imo. Whether you're at the top or right at the bottom, in the worst league in FM, the opposition are of a similar quality as you, so it should not matter all that much.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That's where I disagree. These roles are just pre-set instructions. Whether they have a 'fancy' name or not, use it if it suits the player and the tactic. Whether you end with 1 or 11 fancy roles, it doesn't matter, imo. Whether you're at the top or right at the bottom, in the worst league in FM, the opposition are of a similar quality as you, so it should not matter all that much.

But if the player does not have the attributes to say play as a trequartista then how is he going act as one? How many players with high dribbling, flair and technique have you seen in League Two? Sure you can put any playmaker in that role but then they will just play like any typical playmaker without that extra ***** that defines a trequartista role.

Edited by crusadertsar

Just now, crusadertsar said:

But if the players don't have the attributes to say play as a trequartista then how is he going act as one? 

I agree, that's why I said - 

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Whether they have a 'fancy' name or not, use it if it suits the player and the tactic.

In League Two, they don't have to have 15+ for the key attributes. They're up against other League Two teams.

I remember a post where Cleon mentioned that IRL, Sheff Utd played with 2 CWBs in League Two a few years ago. They had two very good wingbacks for that level.

I had a Treq in my tactic when I was in the Croatian 2nd Div. It suited the player I was using. Now, in China, I'm using an Enganche and IWB in the team - and they're not even the (much better) foreign players, but Chinese nationals. They're (mostly) playing against other players of a similar skill level and their attributes are suited to what I need from them.